December 03, 2019
Not a flexible platform - terrible reporting UI - would not recommend for anything beyond PSA basics
Score 4 out of 10
Read Bryan Parry's full review
Pros and Cons
- It does the very basics of a PSA tool (time tracking, connecting with NS for invoices) relatively well, but the UI still leaves a lot to be desired.
- The integration with NetSuite is easy and fluid. This is the main pro of OA.
- The UI of many parts of the system is really poorly designed. Inputting and updating forecasts is a very time-consuming and difficult process for our PMs and it doesn't allow any type of upload from a spreadsheet (which might be easiest in absence of a decent UI).
- I have extensive experience with the reporting piece of OA and have a list of notes and improvements. The entire module is very inflexible at least pieces of it are not intuitive. Easy example: If you create a custom calc with a filter on Project Type to only include hours from our customer projects (Impl and MS), but then create a report with a filter to only show hours from MS, that custom calc won't work properly. The filter logic is unable to handle multiple filters on the same field.
- Specific example of a ticket we've filed but not heard back on: When you close a project, any remaining forecasts from that project remain active and show as "committed hours" against those individuals which doesn't make sense on projects that are closed. Why would you not give an option to delete any remaining forecasts when closing a project as default behavior?