Reviews (1-3 of 3)
November 20, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
Our company is using Oracle Aconex only in the engineering department for all types of construction and facility management. It is also used as a document management system accessible from both desktops and mobile devices i.e. smartphones and tablets. It allows our employees to collaborate online while working on the same projects from different locations.
- Anything can be easily managed from any mobile device, no matter if it is iPhone or Android.
- It is a self sufficient platform incorporating cost and schedule with drawings and construction models.
- It allows us to create digital operation and maintenance manuals necessary for seamless handover.
- Managing BIM models at the object level could be more user friendly.
- Mail capabilities are a bit limited.
Read this authenticated review
Oracle Aconex works perfectly well if process visibility, version control and tracking are required. In the case of our engineering department the possibility to create custom workflows is life saving. Avoiding limitations of manual correspondence with third parties is also a wonderful thing to have for the platform you are using. The audit trails which are unalterable help a lot in multiple common scenarios.
June 21, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
Aconex is being used as a client communication tool at my workplace for documents and mail queries. It is used across the whole organization by projects whereby the client's document control program uses Aconex. Aconex addresses the business issue of client-based programs, which we are required to use to comply with our clients' standards.
Read this authenticated review
Aconex is well suited to offices that have document standards across the board, that is the same identifiers for drawings and documents. Aconex is intelligently programmed to extract data from filenames, and has fields upon entering data for the review process. I have not come across a scenario where Aconex is less appropriate so far in my use.
Score 7 out of 10
Aconex was used by our project team on a $30 million horizontal infrastructure project in Toronto for a public sector client. The project participants were the client (owner), project manager (our firm), constructor, landscape lead consultant and a civil engineering consultant. The Aconex "project" was bifurcated into the design development/construction documentation and construction phase. Aconex addressed both neutrally hosted file sharing and business process control.
- File Sharing - unlimited storage, version control and access control on a neutral host - Aconex is significantly superior to ftp, SharePoint or a contractor hosted platform in that once onboarded, each user organization has equal privileges and can in turn onboard any number of members within the respective organizations.
- Process and Workflow Management - while imperfect, Aconex offers the opportunity to customize process control and enforcement. Our team used these processes for RFI preparation and response, submittal tracking and other custom requirements.
- Neutrality - while mentioned, the neutral host places all project participants on a equal basis. Typically, non-neutral platforms favor in-house participants to the detriment of the project. Until shared, files are 100% private to the respective organizations.
- Mobile interface - good (not perfect) access to unlimited project file information from a mobile device.
- Audit trail - no more "I didn't get that document". File sharing and file opening is tracked by user. Transmittals are a matter of record and there's no 'delete' function.
- Interface needs work; graphically inelegant, somewhat non-intuitive.
- Process controls could be better 'templated' for industry standards.
- Dashboard/to do for project managers - it's still too hard to see who is slowing the project down.
Read Mark Potter's full review
[It is] well suited to large scale complex construction projects with many participants. Aconex requires patience and training and, although it's good, it could be better. Short duration, small projects probably aren't a good fit.
Oracle Aconex Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Oracle Aconex
Aconex is a cloud collaboration platform for the global construction industry which allows the user to quickly find what is needed with a single source of truth for communications, documents, processes, and models. Aconex was acquired and is now supported by Oracle since 2017.
Oracle Aconex Technical Details