Reviews (1-3 of 3)
September 26, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
We use it in our department, and created a few data-marts for our on prims data warehouse. We also use DBaaS for our biApps fusion applications for our backend data warehouse. We also use OBI and OTBI to load data from the Oracle application to these DBaaS databases. We're planning to create a shadow environment of our exiting data warehouse as well.
- It's easy to spin it up.
- An easy backup and restore process.
- Patching is made easy.
- It connects to local clients without any issues.
- When we restart the DBaaS instance, it seems like we had to add the NIC network back again. I'm not sure if it's specific to our instance configuration!
Read this authenticated review
It is well suited for small organizations where they don't know how big the data is going to be, and Oracle is the best place to start. It's especially suited for startup companies, since it is easy to scale and elastic to upgrade resources. It takes only a few minutes to scale it up.
February 08, 2019
Score 10 out of 10
The DBaaS Database Administrator role is created for the Oracle Database Cloud Service team to work on the environments. When the Database Cloud Service account is first set up, the service administrator is given this role. User accounts with this role must be added before anyone else can access and use Database Cloud Service. The identity domain administrator can create more Database Cloud Service administrators by creating user accounts and assigning them the DBaaS Database Administrator. Administrative tasks are generally provided using DBas role on the database technology.
- Oracle Cloud provides Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). These services are used to build, deploy, integrate, and extend applications in the cloud.
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Data as a Service (DaaS)
- Licensing cost compared to other cloud platforms.
Read Nagabhushan Krishnappa's full review
- Cost Effective & Flexible: Customers can start as low as a single OCPU VM up to 24 OCPUs. Customers pay only for OCPUs and Storage used.
- Ease Of Getting Started: Customers can easily create Oracle Certified, full-featured, fully supported 11g, 12c (both 12.1 & 12.2) databases with choice of any database edition.
- Built-in High Availability Constructs: Customers can easily deploy 2-node RAC configurations with all the VM shapes. For example: Easily deploy a 2-node RAC configuration with 2 core Virtual Machines and shared block storage of up to 40 TB.
- Durable & Scalable Storage: Customers can use remote storage starting at 256GB up to 40 TB. Storage can be scale up with no downtime.
- Secure: Customers still get all the advantages of our Oracle IAM for management control and VCN Security lists for securing their database environments.
November 14, 2017
Score 9 out of 10
It is being used by our organization for BI Data warehouse and it is helping to have Oracle 12c database on cloud with very quick and easy step process with environment set-up of database. This database is helping us to build our cloud data warehouse on oracle cloud platform and do ad hoc and predefined BI reporting in cloud.
- Easy to implement and set-up services in oracle cloud platform.
- Easy for maintenance like applying patches, auto back-up on cloud storage and local storage.
- Easy to scale up the core CPU & data storage for Database Server.
- Secured SSH connection and very well managed to control access on the database as service.
- It will be good to have UI control based auto backup options like retention of database backup, auto delete DB back-up.
- Auto Extend Data Storage on existing local storage process needs to be little improved, it's not smooth to create the extension of data storage on local.
- There should be some easy and better way of sending the DB monitor alerts (like Tablespace exceed,Index Space is full, High Performance Query on DB) to specific required email address.
Read this authenticated review
It is very well best suited in place where people are using Oracle Data Warehouse and Oracle application tools, and also where they are planning to move to cloud platform.
Oracle Database Cloud Service Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Oracle Database Cloud Service
Oracle offers their DBaaS, the Oracle Database Cloud Service, touting high availability, scalability, available managed or under enterprise control.
Categories: Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS)
Oracle Database Cloud Service Technical Details