Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Oracle Database, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Tech Details
For more information visit https://www.oracle.com/database
Scenarios where Oracle12c DB is well suited:
1. Oracle12c DB with ODA(Oracle Database Appliance) is well suited for small to medium OLTP shops, where you don't have much DB workload. Oracle12c with ODA provides DB high availability, High redundancy, and good DB performance.
2. Oracle12c DB in EXADATA with IORM implementation is well suited for mixed DB environment. Mix DB environment is the one in which some databases are development DB, some are Test DB, Some are QA DB, Some are OLTP, and Some are Data Warehouse DB.
3. Oracle12c is well suited for Banking, Financial, Retail, and Aviation Industry.
Scenarios where Oracle12c DB is less appropriate:
1. Oracle12c is less appropriate for small shops like Restaurant business, Hotel/Motel Business, Burger Shop and Coffee House.
2. Oracle12c is less appropriate for Research and Scientific work, Data Analysis, Big data Analytics. The data computational speed is not so good in Oracle world.
3. Oracle12c is less appropriate for Data Messaging industry.
Also running datapatch post-patching on a busy DB server is a nightmare as sometimes it would never complete and also unplugging and plugging DBs across clusters with different patch sets is a pain too.
Using XML/non-structured data is not easy and I have noticed performance issues when the XML becomes deeply nested.