February 27, 2020
Score 10 out of 10
Read Aditya Mohan's full review
Pros and Cons
- Oracle Database does security and compliance very well out of the box without the need for much configuration.
- It works very well across on-prem and cloud deployments where we want part of the database in-house (due to compliance reasons) while the rest can be in the public cloud.
- Pricing can be improved to make it much more competitive with other RDBMS options in the space
- Best practices documents and deployment scenarios for running Oracle Database on non-Oracle cloud platforms would be helpful (for example Oracle Database on Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure).
- Certainly room for better integrated and automated SQL tuning.