Reviews (1-2 of 2)
- Micros' hardware has above average longevity, so long as you don't have a touchscreen in the kitchen.
- Micros has a number of companies that allow integration into the POS, allowing you to add on pieces as you see fit.
- Micros has significantly below average customer support. The help desk is actually quite helpful, but it ends there. They have a cost to just about everything you could want. Changing your menu will cost you $2000/yr.
- Micros has many verticals that don't communicate well together, so if you need help in one area there isn't a lot of help from another.
- Customization (what is available and what is 86'd).
- Customization of server and bartender screens.
- Easy to fix any issues (once you know how to fix them in the first place).
- Setting availability of items.
- Setting specific availability count of items.
- Pop up updates to update employees any time they sign in.
- Difficult to learn "coding" screen setup.
- Outdated back of house operating system.
- Hardware space - We always seem to run out of space on our back of house computer due to the size of the MICROS files.
- Customer service is subpar. Reps on the phone never seem to know who I need to be transferred to to resolve my issue.
- Hold time on customer service phone line. Every time I've called MICROS for help the call never takes less than 30+ minutes.
- Customer service operations consistency. There's always a different solution for an issue when I call.
Oracle Hospitality Scorecard Summary
About Oracle Hospitality
Oracle Hospitality is the successor to MICROS eCommerce software, modular software dedicated to the needs of airlines, hotels and resports, sport venues, restaurants and bars, and others.
The MICROS Point-of-Sale (PoS) systems are available and now offered by Oracle since the acquisition of MICROS Systems in 2014, and are now part of the Oracle Hospitality Suite.
Oracle Hospitality Technical Details