Reviews (1-1 of 1)
March 09, 2018
Score 9 out of 10
Oracle Hudson CI is being used for release management, performance testing and automation. We were looking for a continuous integration tool for our release process and Hudson CI helped us to achieve that. It doesn't just help with release management; it also helps our QA teams to run their scripts remotely and generate reports.
- Oracle Hudson UI provides a simple setup and integration with SVN and other version control tools.
- The user control provides various operations to users through which it's easy to control the CI deployment process.
- It handles Performance testing and Automation testing, provides and accepts user interaction. Allows them to schedule jobs
- The setup needs to be more user friendly, currently for first time users CI doesn't provide more guidelines.
- JMeter tool can be integrated but it's not easy, user has to follow and do research before setup. A simpler way would help make the process more user friendly.
- Selenium tool like JMeter can be integrated, if its Webservice it's easy but for UI automation integration not enough information is provided.
Read Akshay Rudraksha's full review
Though it has a few setup issues, once you are done with setup it works like charm so one time setup issues won't bother. Reporting, version tracking, debugging everything is helpful and more clear and it reduces effort, in our scenario our QA team integrated their script with Hudson so that after every release it will get triggered automatically and developers will know if there is any major issue.
Oracle Hudson CI Scorecard Summary
About Oracle Hudson CI
Oracle acquired and then supported Hudson Continuous Integration through 2016. Oracle no longer updates or supports Hudson.
Categories: Build Automation
Oracle Hudson CI Technical Details