Reviews (1-7 of 7)
September 16, 2019
We use PeopleSoft for our full financial suite. We have a general ledger, accounts payable, inventory, asset management, project costing, and materials management. It is the best product that I have seen in my 40 years of working in accounting. It is easy to use, easy to teach and it delivers the results we want. It has been a good partner to our hospital.
- Ease of use
- Ease of obtaining analytical data
- A winning partnership with our industry
- Better dashboards, but existing ones are good. I'd like to see trends on the top 10 inventory items we're buying so we could see if we needed to expand relationships with our suppliers. That data could help us drive cost savings.
- Expense module needs improving - it's not as good as Concur's. We compared both of the products and Concur was the winner in this regard.
- Commitment control needs to be more user-friendly - it's a pain to use! Setups are complex, as we just went through one. There's room for improvement in making this easier.
Read Todd Gershon's full review
This product delivers results in a fast-paced environment. You can get real-time data - how you want it and when you want it. The team can all be looking at various spins on similar data and not slow the speed. We have been able to add bolt on's for scanning and drive, increasing processing times and speed in accounts payable.
October 11, 2019
Our Finance department is in charge of using Oracle PeopleSoft SCM. We are using Oracle PeopleSoft SCM to fully manage our inventory, and to track all the resources that we are purchasing and receiving from our suppliers. Not only do we use it as to make actions needed in the present, but we also use it to plan how many resources we will need to purchase over the next year.
- Great documentation, training, and certification programs for new users. We had no problem in finding Oracle-certified training courses for our finance department. Even after the training process, many of our team's queries were quickly resolved from the well-documented guides released by Oracle.
- Oracle PeopleSoft does a great job in helping us identify the possible pitfalls in our business processes and logic. The ability to analyze all your processes in one place provides a birds-eye view of your workflow.
- Integrates well with Oracle Database. Most of our mission-critical and confidential data that is being used with Oracle PeopleSoft SCM is stored in Oracle Database, so it was crucial for us to need an integration between the two products.
- Inability to view the results of multiple queries at once in the Query Viewer.
- Although there is excellent integration with Oracle's other products, there is an unacceptable amount of support for other third party vendors.
- Personalization Feature for a Quick-Access Menu. Due to the abundance of features in PeopleSoft SCM, it sometimes takes a while to find that one option as there are so many others in the same menu. It would be nice for a user to be able to drag and drop some options they use frequently into a Quick-Access menu.
Read this authenticated review
If your infrastructure is already using other Oracle products, has a large enough budget to afford the costs of running Oracle PeopleSoft SCM, is fine with the strict licensing/compliance requirements of Oracle, and are willing to possibly spend money on training or recruiting people with PeopleSoft experience, your organization should use Oracle PeopleSoft SCM. If all these don't check out for your organization, you may be better off finding another solution for your needs.
December 21, 2018
Used to automate flow across the whole organization. From purchasing raw material, to issuing that material to a production ID producing a finished product, to moving to our inventory control area and finally distribution to the customer. There are several more steps in-between to complete these tasks but that is high level.
- PeopleSoft handles the purchasing of material, storing that material, and issuing of that to production IDs pretty seamlessly.
- Once in production, it is a pretty straightforward process for shop floor individuals to complete the production IDs.
- Then moving production to inventory so we can get the customer flow works pretty good as well.
- Shop floor data collection could use some enhancements.
- Streamlining order entry could be another place for enhancements.
Read Kevin Black's full review
From build to stock and order, it handles well. Custom configuration and special tool type scenarios are more challenging as well as creating the item, BOM, and routing.
March 01, 2018
Score 7 out of 10
Oracle PeopleSoft SCM (PS SCM) is being used across our entire organization to manage our procurement and inventory management needs. We use it for purchasing and receiving activities, for ordering products from our end users and for managing our vendors and reconciliation process. We also use PS SCM for inventory purposes for both our perpetual inventories and our periodic par level inventories.
- Intuitive product for current generations
- Looks nice and well organized
- Processes work and adapt well to different modalities
- Missing functionality for multiple inventories and ship to sites, needs custom work to manage that process
- Contracting storage is very time consuming to maintain on an item level
- Time intensive for organizations to maintain fully
Read Courtney Holgate-Champney's full review
I think with a company that has a deep and educated developer pool and had a view of what they want their ERP to flow would really do well with Oracle PeopleSoft. I think smaller organizations could also benefit using an out of the box product like PeopleSoft, however for our mid-size organization we don't have the bandwidth to support it at times and customize it to make it work optimally for us.
November 01, 2017
The Peoplesoft SCM application has been used in this organization for the past few years. The showroom owners utilize this application for planning, asset management, and shipping. PSCM has been the application of choice do to it being a one stop shop for majority of the business needs when it comes to moving the process of vendor supply on to the logistics phase.
- SCM allows companies to design, plan, and service their suppliers directly. The tool leverages the ODB and other technologies and can be deployed with other Oracle business solutions.
- SCM caters to internal and external stakeholders by providing them the power to contribute during demand planning phase.
- Limited vendor integration
Read Michael Benton's full review
It's a great tool for business that move larger units weekly, monthly, annually.
March 01, 2016
Oracle PeopleSoft SCM is widely used in areas of demand management, supply management, planning, service, logistics and manufacturing. It's used across the entire organization for all the areas listed above. It helps in providing an open, integrated, risk reducing and a solution driven system and is one of the key tools in the market today.
- Oracle Peoplesoft Supply Chain Management is a completely open, integrated and risk mitigating system which is quite foremost in the market today. It deals with the complicated arena of supply chain management which and various modules such as Supply/Demand Planning, Management, Service, Logistics Distribution and Order Management.
- Oracle's Peoplesoft has the entire architecture stack to support and maintain this huge and complicated system of supply chain management. Tools such as Integration Broker, Web Services, 3 tiered architecture and enhanced security capabilities contribute immensely to maintain and manage a complex system.
- Supply Chain Management caters to all levels such as suppliers and end users/customers. The system is widely used in all stages and Peoplesoft provides a robust module and security enhanced features to support this system at all levels.
- While the Oracle Peoplesoft Supply Chain Management solution is complex and quite open, there are areas which definitely can be improved. Mainly with integration to various third party vendors. There are now various tools in the market which make this integration seamless and we cannot but think how to expand Peoplesoft's capabilities to be more open in this area.
- Database optimization is another big challenge as we continue to grow and accumulate more and more data for this module. The data stored is indefinitely large and Oracle is now leaning more towards data management tools/software/databases such as Big Data and Exadata to mitigate this risk.
- One major improvement which can be made is to use a traditional job monitoring tool instead of Oracle Peoplesoft's scheduler. There are a wide variety of tools available in the market for customers to choose from and it would nice to see a proprietary tool from Oracle to fill in this gap.
Read this authenticated review
It's best suited and one of the key modules in the industry for supply chain management. It reaches and caters to all levels of a customer base such as a supplier to manufacturers to end users. Its supported by a stable three tiered architecture from Peoplesoft which helps in managing and securing this complicated system over a huge and a varied user community.
January 06, 2016
The PeopleSoft financials application has been used by my organization for the last 15 years. The modules used are General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Project Costing, Asset Management, Cash Management, and Billing. The application is used throughout the whole organization in 3 different countries. Having 1 system for all of these functional areas allows us to seamlessly enter, approve, and report on all transaction types.
- Integration between the subsystems and the General Ledger. Allows you to tailor security and access for your users to only the pages that they need access to all while providing a seamless integration and drillback into the subsystem.
- Best practices used for business processes. Although very flexible, PeopleSoft gives you the ability to assess your current business process and determine if there are more streamlined ways to operate.
- Transparency. PeopleSoft provides a multitude of inquiry pages for all different purposes. You will always be able to find one that suits the needs of your users.
- Need to sort menu alphabetically. I have been a PeopleSoft user for over 11 years and still to this day do not understand why they can't sort the menu.
- Sometimes the amount of features is burdensome. The application has grown so much that certain modules have so many different fields and drop downs, that are only used by certain industries.
- Oracle tends to push out functionality at times without thoroughly testing the new features.
Read this authenticated review
Oracle is well suited for organizations that want a stable, best in class application. However, there are significant costs associated with licensing and maintenance of the application. Therefore, you must have the funds available to hire a dedicated team to support your users and maintain the application and the required infrastructure.
Oracle PeopleSoft SCM Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Oracle PeopleSoft SCM
Oracle PeopleSoft SCM is a family of supply chain management automation applications encompassing customer order management, inventory and fulfillment, and supply chain warehouse.
Categories: Supply Chain Management
Oracle PeopleSoft SCM Technical Details