Reviews (1-25 of 25)
- Organization of customer data.
- Minimizing business disruption by allowing existing CRM solutions to run.
- On the same Fusion cloud platform as other Oracle solutions for future expansion.
- Interface is inconsistent between certain areas of sales cloud and customer data management cloud.
- Limitations in how we can configure certain customer areas.
- Minimal Enterprise Data Quality rules which may require additional PaaS licensing.
Not ideal for front end sales team entering as the interface is slightly clunky and it would take a decent amount of change management to make sure it is accepted in the organization.
- Customization is flexible and easy, allowing you to do things such as added new fields for tracking additional data.
- Navigation is simple.
- The tool is generally intuitive to use and helps with organization.
- Performance often is slow.
- I would like to see additional built-in reports to choose from.
- Import/Export of data is not as simple as it should be.
- House all of our data
- Accessible from anywhere
- Extremely difficult to use with little to no training documentation. We had to hire a third party company just to use the software.
- Outlook app causes so many issues that we had to uninstall it on everyone's computers.
- Creating reports is complicated due to the huge number of tables.
- Doesn't work for construction jobs, more made for selling parts.
- This product may work well for selling parts
- This product does not work well for construction and I would never recomend it for that.
- Our business is too small to use Oracle because you have to customize it so heavily to work for your organization. That can be good if you know exactly how you want it to work. We needed an out of the box solution.
- Each time we've had a hurdle, we were given internal assistance to ensure we were not left alone.
- It is easily customizable to add and subtract anything you see fit (we've added additional filters down to the zip code, state, rep's name, etc. to filter through data most effectively.
- There is no lag in the system. If you see it there, it is tracked in real time.
- I would like to see more integration with other CRMs such as Salesforce.
- We have each business unit built into Salesforce and it can track the amount of gross profit that flows through our Oracle database. It then further it trickles to each sales rep and what they've closed during their time at the company. These figures are not always accurate.
- It be difficult navigating to accounts and drilling down into each specific customer to understand details.
- Excellent task management.
- Specific funnel tracking.
- Very detailed organization with areas for notes, contacts, and stages of the sale.
- I would like to see easier to customize dashboards.
- More thorough reporting.
- Larger knowledge base.
- The fact that Oracle Sales Cloud is scale-able is one of the great things that we love about the product.
- Being able to customize the program, and that there are constant upgrades that continue to roll out, makes me hopeful for a greater product in the near future.
- The user interface is friendly to use and allows for instantaneous editing of things that have just been added.
- Getting new users cross-trained on this program has been a bit of an issue at times.
- From an administrative point of view, managing users and managing the system can be a bit overwhelming at times.
- Some days it can feel like a never-ending click fest to get to what you actually need to get to. For some things, I wish there were an easier way to access them.
I can't say that we have found any scenarios where this program would be less appropriate to use because our company has many different uses for CRM products, to keep track of our clients or people who are interested in our clients.
- As long as you don't personalize it is fairly intuitive
- The objects were a little hard to get used to, but now we have established processes for Leads and Opportunities
- Rely on how the tool was designed and it will be more successful
- There are so many clicks to get through the objects and create the activities.
- The monthly and quarterly updates have created substantially more mait. from our TECH team than what was expected
- With our company we have many service offerings, we expect to be able to market at a personalized level. How we can easily see in the tool what service offerings are applicable to an Account/Contact should be easier.
- They fully customized multiple layouts that can show under certain conditions or security roles.
- They have fantastic customization features that allow clients to tailor the look to their business.
- It gives the user the ability to code a lot of additional configurations.
- Create an easier user interface for security jobs/roles in terms of assigning capabilities and visibility.
- Allow for more distinction between customized fields when adding them to layouts.
- Provide quicker export/import functionality.
We now have a Sales Team across ANZ who can report on a single opportunity process across the region which is reported up the board.
- Master data management - Helps create a single customer record across Sales and Finance.
- Reporting - Engagement Cloud leverages the Oracle OBIEE reporting engine which alone is a market leader.
- AI - Embedded next best actions.
- Data as a service - Call upon millions of records of data with a simple click of a button.
- Clear product direction - Road map is sometimes hard to find and can only be 3 months ahead.
- UI - Reduced number of clicks to perform an action.
- Allow Sales and CS work closely together.
- 360 view of the customer. The goal is so that if a customer calls our call center, I can tell when a sales person last talked with them. Or if they have a damage claim open, the sales rep will know before they try to sell them something else. I think this will be great (once we're fully implemented).
- So far, it's not very flexible.
- Extra steps to get information.
- Contact/Account creation and management.
- Working the sales pipeline
- Using activities to track prospect movement.
- Scrubbing is weak.
- Integration with other tools & platforms is weak
- Whenever new releases take place, they often break other plugins or company-generated fields.
1/ Our sales folks usage of the system and data scrubbing, and
2/ When Oracle pushes an update it seems to break either plug-ins or customizations (fields, etc).
...and they don't seem to notify us adequately that these breaking changes are coming.
- The product is good for tracking leads which can help you acquire new customers.
- The product is good for creating opportunities which can help you convert sales.
- The product can easily be integrated with other applications to make the transfer of data seamless.
- Although not necessarily designed for it, our sales team finds it difficult to use the product for tracking demo units.
- The mobile version of the application falls very short. Our IT department fields a lot of complaints regarding its functionality.
- Following application upgrades - which are frequent - we often have to rebuild some of the custom screens we created.
- The mobile version is very user-friendly
- The user interface of the browser version is very modern
- Both user interfaces are very intuitive
- There could be more features focused on automation
- There could be more embedded analytics out of the box - though Oracle is starting a new program to help with that
- The territory management module could be more robust
What do you like best?
I work from an Integration perspective. Using the API's thru web services is pretty easy, especially the merge function. Also, the Source System ID for Account and Contacts makes loading seamless without having to get the corresponding OSC Party ID.
What do you dislike?
Also, the Source System ID for Account and Contacts makes loading seamless without having to get the corresponding OSC Party ID. They should offer this to the other entities
Recommendations to others considering the product
This is a high-quality solution for your CRM and Cloud Enterprise products
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
CRM and Sales Management forecasting
- Seamless Account and Contact integrations in web services using SourceSystemReference Values.
- Building out Custom Objects
- Kinking Custom Objects back to Native Objects
- Multiple Contact point thru the Mobile App
- The ease of which to create and edit contacts.
- The ability to send mass sales campaigns and track recipient results.
- The ability to create custom reports and dashboards.
- The ability to mass update Activities based on Opportunity changes.
- The ability to select contacts for Sales Campaigns based on Opportunity Info.
- The lack of intuitiveness that hinders user adoption.
- Territory Management, it is relatively flexible but very powerful. It can be used as a security measure and is a foundation for more complex pillars of the application.
- Customizations - spinning up a custom object or creating a custom field could not be easier.
- Reporting - the reporting tool is great, the custom subject areas and joins are easy to build, and it is an end user-friendly tool.
- Security - depending on the use case, it can be complex to make sweeping changes to the security model.
- Workflows - the trigger points and the construction have some limitations that require some scripting to overcome.
- Organizing setup tasks - Natively, there's access to many different setup parts of the application, and due to the fusion model, a lot of these are unused pillars of the application and can cause confusion. Oracle is making strides in this area very recently.
- Browser based.
- Easy to configure, no need to be a developer.
- Frequent upgrades available.
- They have added a service piece that is still maturing for B2B or blended sales/service organizations.
- They have incorporated the best of breed knowledge from their service cloud, but there are some features that are not available yet (but they are on the roadmap).
User groups are a great way to see what others are doing and build a network of others who share similar pains and goals.
- Provides leads for Oracle Eloqua.
- Tracks a lead's engagement with the company across multiple channels.
- Helps us identify the best time to engage with a lead.
- Glitches and bugs.
- The integrated Oracle Social Network sometimes doesn't work on certain browsers.
- Immediate vision of transactions between the Outside and Inside Sales team for a positive teamwork experience.
- Oracle Sales Cloud mobile applications "Around Me" function to locate existing Opportunities or prospects in their current physical area.
- Oracle Social Network is valuable for communication on Leads and Opportunities.
- Monthly maintenance outage could be decreased.
- Multiple levels of support assigned when entering in a Service Request.
- More serve filters setting for the Outlook plug-in after an update.
- Comparatively speaking, OSC's interface does a good job in organizing objects. The home page layout is logical and intuitive, making it easy for even new users to navigate where they want to go.
- Mobile Interface - we're coming over from Oracle CRM On Demand, so the very fact that our users can leverage a mobile app is a huge plus.
- Object layouts are another plus - rather than cramming too much information on any one screen, having the ability to group like data sets in tabs is helpful, ensuring users can get to the info they need without having to sift through troves of data they don't care about.
- The lack of native campaigns is concerning. We marketers live and die by out campaigns (it's our view of the world), so not having a native campaign object to sync to from our marketing automation platform has caused some issues. Our integrator is helping us work through them, but the lack of a campaign object seems like a big miss to me.
- Speed (load times) seem slower than other CRMs, but as we are still testing, this may be a temporary issue. I'd consult others to confirm or refute this.
One word of advice, make sure to work with Oracle to fine-tune your environment usage needs so that they can ensure your environment runs as quickly as possible. Accepted page load times are at least 3 seconds. While pages usually load more quickly than that, a lot of traffic can slow the system. Oracle Support will work with you to make sure your page load time is optimal.
- Enables customers to customize their sales process(es) and provides Sales Coach functionality to assist the Sales Stage completion requirements and spread of best practices.
- Affords great visibility for management of the sales process with Infolets and robust BI Analytics tools. Data can be accessed and analyzed from the online Dashboard, object tabs, and on mobile devices.
- Territory Management makes it easy for organizations with a large sales team to define, assign, manage, and report.
- The NEW Enterprise Mobile application makes working away from the desk easier than ever. With voice-activated functionality and off-line accessibility, sales reps can spend more time in the field with clients and less in the office.
- Set-up, configuring and onboarding can be overwhelming. Unless you've had experience setting up a CRM solution, you'll most likely need to invest in a partner helping set up and maximize the system.
- While Oracle has been focused on infiltrating the SMB market, the cost and complication of just going live in the system can be daunting for small and emerging businesses.
- The speed of the system can be slow. Oracle has acknowledged this and has made strides in improving it. They will work with clients to speed up the system, but this is a cumbersome and frustrating exercise.
For more mid-market and enterprise clients, the solution is customizable and secure enough to meet the most demanding requirements.
Overall, if you have a growing or large sales team that you want to manage and lead more effectively, Oracle Sales Cloud provides the tools and resources for your team to spend more time focusing on the client and closing deals.
- As it is for any Fusion apps, Sales Cloud comes bundled with Social which is great to have for sales teams who communicate a lot internally.
- Fantastic analytics capabilities. Not only in terms of reports but also in terms of very interactive charts and visual components like Infolets.
- Customizable. For three different roles, we have three different dashboards which are completely custom made to ensure that each user sees the data relevant to them.
- A very solid solution with a lot of advanced features.
- Sales Cloud seamlessly integrates with other Fusion apps such as finance, PBCS, HCM.
- It's extremely complicated to implement yourself. From a client's perspective, this could mean additional budget to hire a big team to successfully implement the product.
- Sales Cloud has an awful amount of bugs.
- Oracle Support which won't help you even if there is a critical production issue.
- Difficulty in importing the data. This is especially a challenge if you have it in a huge amount.
Lot of Oracle Vets in this group who are more than happy to help guide you functionally if you come across a business problem that's difficult to map in the application.
Oracle Engagement Cloud (formerly Oracle Sales Cloud) Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Oracle Engagement Cloud (formerly Oracle Sales Cloud)
Oracle Engagement Cloud (formerly Oracle Sales Cloud) is a sales enablement, sales intelligence, and sales performance management hybrid platform. It combines sales automation and intelligence, SPM (including compensation plans), partner relationship management, and sales collaboration tools. Features include: lead and opportunity management, prospecting, customer data enrichment, territory and quota balancing, goal alignment, compensation plan modeling, account management, partner selling programs, social collaboration, and sales education/knowledge management.
The key elements of Oracle Engagement Cloud's SFA solution are vast. They include:
• Core foundational sales force automation tools such as account, opportunity and lead
management and productivity tools
• A comprehensive partner relationship management offering to manage channel sales
and partner management
• Extensive sales performance management encompassing the science of managing
territories, quota management and sales incentive compensation
• Advanced analytics consisting of pre-built analytic reports, data visualization and
• A customer data management system to ensure clean, consolidated and complete
With functional capabilities and its comprehensive feature set, Oracles Engagement Cloud provides a more modern approach to sales execution. For more information visit https://cloud.oracle.com/sales-cloud
Oracle Engagement Cloud (formerly Oracle Sales Cloud) Screenshots
Oracle Engagement Cloud (formerly Oracle Sales Cloud) Videos (2)
Oracle Engagement Cloud (formerly Oracle Sales Cloud) Downloadables
Oracle Engagement Cloud (formerly Oracle Sales Cloud) Competitors
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Oracle Engagement Cloud (formerly Oracle Sales Cloud) Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Oracle Engagement Cloud (formerly Oracle Sales Cloud) Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|