What do you like best?
I work from an Integration perspective. Using the API's thru web services is pretty easy, especially the merge function. Also, the Source System ID for Account and Contacts makes loading seamless without having to get the corresponding OSC Party ID.
What do you dislike?
Also, the Source System ID for Account and Contacts makes loading seamless without having to get the corresponding OSC Party ID. They should offer this to the other entities
Recommendations to others considering the product
This is a high-quality solution for your CRM and Cloud Enterprise products
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
CRM and Sales Management forecasting
- Seamless Account and Contact integrations in web services using SourceSystemReference Values.
- Building out Custom Objects
- Kinking Custom Objects back to Native Objects
- Multiple Contact point thru the Mobile App
- The ease of which to create and edit contacts.
- The ability to send mass sales campaigns and track recipient results.
- The ability to create custom reports and dashboards.
- The ability to mass update Activities based on Opportunity changes.
- The ability to select contacts for Sales Campaigns based on Opportunity Info.
- The lack of intuitiveness that hinders user adoption.
- Territory Management, it is relatively flexible but very powerful. It can be used as a security measure and is a foundation for more complex pillars of the application.
- Customizations - spinning up a custom object or creating a custom field could not be easier.
- Reporting - the reporting tool is great, the custom subject areas and joins are easy to build, and it is an end user-friendly tool.
- Security - depending on the use case, it can be complex to make sweeping changes to the security model.
- Workflows - the trigger points and the construction have some limitations that require some scripting to overcome.
- Organizing setup tasks - Natively, there's access to many different setup parts of the application, and due to the fusion model, a lot of these are unused pillars of the application and can cause confusion. Oracle is making strides in this area very recently.
- Browser based.
- Easy to configure, no need to be a developer.
- Frequent upgrades available.
- They have added a service piece that is still maturing for B2B or blended sales/service organizations.
- They have incorporated the best of breed knowledge from their service cloud, but there are some features that are not available yet (but they are on the roadmap).
- Comparatively speaking, OSC's interface does a good job in organizing objects. The home page layout is logical and intuitive, making it easy for even new users to navigate where they want to go.
- Mobile Interface - we're coming over from Oracle CRM On Demand, so the very fact that our users can leverage a mobile app is a huge plus.
- Object layouts are another plus - rather than cramming too much information on any one screen, having the ability to group like data sets in tabs is helpful, ensuring users can get to the info they need without having to sift through troves of data they don't care about.
- The lack of native campaigns is concerning. We marketers live and die by out campaigns (it's our view of the world), so not having a native campaign object to sync to from our marketing automation platform has caused some issues. Our integrator is helping us work through them, but the lack of a campaign object seems like a big miss to me.
- Speed (load times) seem slower than other CRMs, but as we are still testing, this may be a temporary issue. I'd consult others to confirm or refute this.
One word of advice, make sure to work with Oracle to fine-tune your environment usage needs so that they can ensure your environment runs as quickly as possible. Accepted page load times are at least 3 seconds. While pages usually load more quickly than that, a lot of traffic can slow the system. Oracle Support will work with you to make sure your page load time is optimal.
- Enables customers to customize their sales process(es) and provides Sales Coach functionality to assist the Sales Stage completion requirements and spread of best practices.
- Affords great visibility for management of the sales process with Infolets and robust BI Analytics tools. Data can be accessed and analyzed from the online Dashboard, object tabs, and on mobile devices.
- Territory Management makes it easy for organizations with a large sales team to define, assign, manage, and report.
- The NEW Enterprise Mobile application makes working away from the desk easier than ever. With voice-activated functionality and off-line accessibility, sales reps can spend more time in the field with clients and less in the office.
- Set-up, configuring and onboarding can be overwhelming. Unless you've had experience setting up a CRM solution, you'll most likely need to invest in a partner helping set up and maximize the system.
- While Oracle has been focused on infiltrating the SMB market, the cost and complication of just going live in the system can be daunting for small and emerging businesses.
- The speed of the system can be slow. Oracle has acknowledged this and has made strides in improving it. They will work with clients to speed up the system, but this is a cumbersome and frustrating exercise.
For more mid-market and enterprise clients, the solution is customizable and secure enough to meet the most demanding requirements.
Overall, if you have a growing or large sales team that you want to manage and lead more effectively, Oracle Sales Cloud provides the tools and resources for your team to spend more time focusing on the client and closing deals.
- As it is for any Fusion apps, Sales Cloud comes bundled with Social which is great to have for sales teams who communicate a lot internally.
- Fantastic analytics capabilities. Not only in terms of reports but also in terms of very interactive charts and visual components like Infolets.
- Customizable. For three different roles, we have three different dashboards which are completely custom made to ensure that each user sees the data relevant to them.
- A very solid solution with a lot of advanced features.
- Sales Cloud seamlessly integrates with other Fusion apps such as finance, PBCS, HCM.
- It's extremely complicated to implement yourself. From a client's perspective, this could mean additional budget to hire a big team to successfully implement the product.
- Sales Cloud has an awful amount of bugs.
- Oracle Support which won't help you even if there is a critical production issue.
- Difficulty in importing the data. This is especially a challenge if you have it in a huge amount.
- Immediate vision of transactions between the Outside and Inside Sales team for a positive teamwork experience.
- Oracle Sales Cloud mobile applications "Around Me" function to locate existing Opportunities or prospects in their current physical area.
- Oracle Social Network is valuable for communication on Leads and Opportunities.
- Monthly maintenance outage could be decreased.
- Multiple levels of support assigned when entering in a Service Request.
- More serve filters setting for the Outlook plug-in after an update.
Oracle Sales Cloud Scorecard Summary
About Oracle Sales Cloud
Oracle Sales Cloud is a sales enablement, sales intelligence, and sales performance management hybrid platform. It combines sales automation and intelligence, SPM (including compensation plans), partner relationship management, and sales collaboration tools. Features include: lead and opportunity management, prospecting, customer data enrichment, territory and quota balancing, goal alignment, compensation plan modeling, account management, partner selling programs, social collaboration, and sales education/knowledge management.
The key elements of Oracle Sales Cloud's SFA solution are vast. They include:
• Core foundational sales force automation tools such as account, opportunity and lead
management and productivity tools
• A comprehensive partner relationship management offering to manage channel sales
and partner management
• Extensive sales performance management encompassing the science of managing
territories, quota management and sales incentive compensation
• Advanced analytics consisting of pre-built analytic reports, data visualization and
• A customer data management system to ensure clean, consolidated and complete
With rich functional capabilities and a comprehensive feature set, Oracles Sales Cloud provides a more modern approach to sales execution.
Oracle Sales Cloud Screenshots
Oracle Sales Cloud Videos (2)
Oracle Sales Cloud Downloadables
Oracle Sales Cloud Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Oracle Sales Cloud Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Languages: ||Worldwide|