Reviews (1-3 of 3)
December 12, 2019
Score 7 out of 10
Its currently being used throughout our organization. It easily scalable and a lot cheaper than AWS. It has significantly improved in usability since the versions have been updated.
Read Felix Rufus Nadar's full review
Oracle VM Server is well-suited for long term deployment where you have to invest a lot. But, it is best recommended in the development phase and UAT, as there is a lot of services that are missing.
April 19, 2016
Score 3 out of 10
Due to licensing issues with Oracle ERP and DB, we've separated our virtual environment and installed all Oracle production and test servers on the Oracle VM environment.
- Allows us to use fewer licenses due to core and cpu limitiations with Oracle licenses.
- Management/GUI is uncomfortable.
- Remote control via VNC is hard to use with graphic interface and for terminal we have SSH configuration and maintenance is not as straight forward as in VMware, Xen or even Microsoft Hyper-V.
Read Itsik Tsarfati's full review
The only reason we keep the Oracle VM enviroment is for the Oracle product, and again, not for performance, only for license issues.
November 01, 2017
Score 7 out of 10
Oracle VM Server is being used by a few departments only. It is a reliable server virtualization application - hasn't caused any major issues in the past year I believe. Oracle Support has been very prompt with their responses however we have seen problems with applying certain patches with minimal help from Oracle on the same.
- Supports x86 and Solaris servers.
- Cloning VM's is a very important feature.
- Another extremely useful feature for us was the Live Storage Migration.
- By the way, Oracle VM is free!
- Not as flexible as VMware.
- Could have slightly better templates for provisioning database nodes.
- In terms of performance it lags a bit behind Red Hat's KVM solution.
Read this authenticated review
It's simple, clean and easy to deploy. The updates are only making the product much better. Kudos to Oracle Dev team! It has great flexibility but could use some work in the snapshot capabilities (but hey, remember - it's free). The management console is intuitive and does a good job at managing resources, keeping an eye on your templates and so on.
Oracle VM Server Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Oracle VM Server
Oracle VM Server is Oracle's server virtualization offering for enterprises.
Categories: Server Virtualization
Oracle VM Server Technical Details