https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Ro/fj/2VM21ZNBVQW8.PNG"X-ray tool for a consultant"Our organisation - an OD consultancy company - uses OrgMapper as a tool in client engagements. We use it to collect, analyse and map information regarding the internal cooperation and communication structure of our clients. It is used to address problems related to internal communication, effectiveness of knowledge management and problems related to change management.,OrgMapper offers a good administration surface. It is easy to create custom data-collection schemas and to implement them in their own data-gathering environment. As a consultant I really appreciate this, as I get to focus on the professional side of my assignments, and I do not get stuck in programming / operational issues. Data visualization: OrgMapper offers a highly flexible data visualization tool, with which I can create the network images that represent my data in the most insightful way. Elements can be moved and formatted individually, and the tool itself offers some pre-generated ideas as well, that serve a good starting point for my own formatting. An eye-catching, insightful visualization is what my clients look out for, and OrgMapper really excels in this. Although not a software attribute per se, but it must be mentioned that the OrgMapper team offers a range of professional support services - from training to support in data interpretation or full project implementation support. The service is thus can become more than just software use.,The automated reports are OK, but I could use a bit more statistics regarding the characteristics of networks. Although the outputs are quite self-explanatory, some additional numbers could give an extra layer of insights. Language support: I'd be happy to see a range of additional languages added to the basic reports / outputs. Although English is widely accepted, some additional languages could boost the localised application of OrgMapper.,10,As a data collection and visualization tool OrgMapper speeds up our diagnostic processes: basic maps, and reports are created immediately, and client feedbacks are possible almost just after the completion of the data collection. And this is a big word in the case of team and organizational level applications. OrgMapper is perceived as a great value adding service that complements our own offerings. Clients appreciate this added value, and in certain cases do ask for the application of this tool. Through these inquiries OrgMapper directly influences our results.,Google Drive, DropboxOrgMapper Uncovers The Potential Of NetworksI am a consultant and trainer. This year, I have offered several workshops to both public groups and intact teams using OrgMapper in various ways. I am planning to continue using OrgMapper in similar workshops. I am also planning to use OrgMapper in ongoing consultations with clients. My focus is to help organizations understand the potential of working in networks and in improving the effectiveness of the networks in which they operate. The use of OrgMapper is a key part of this. I am offering workshops and consultations to non-profit and private organizations and members of such organization in a public forum.,OrgMapper uses appropriate questions to understand the different aspects of networks in organizations. These questions are conceptually sound and appropriate and diverse. They are easy to understand. There is a direct path from the survey to the visualization of data in network maps. Though having an official report is of great value, I rely on the ability of OrgMapper to translate raw data obtained via survey into actual maps potentially in real-time if needed. I appreciate the use of modules like Knowledge Mapper or Team Mapper which pull together questions to respond to particular issues in organizations. This makes marketing easier and facilitates the decision making process on the part of clients. I have found the technical support for OrgMapper to be helpful. I appreciate that the Maven 7 people like many of us users are all on a learning curve with regard to the translation of network science into practical usage. Thus, ongoing communication back and forth between we users and Maven 7 is helpful and important. I appreciate the inquisitive approach taken my Maven 7 and their dedication to resolve technical issues that arise.,I encountered difficulty in emailing the OrgMapper survey out to a public group (not part of one organization). A good number of people did not receive the emails or were not able to access the survey via password. I gather the OrgMapper folks have been working to prevent this from happening in the future. OrgMapper is based on the assumption that people taking the survey are all part of one organization. Thus, it is possible to populate the software survey with specific names. But, what if the potential survey respondents are not part of a single organization? What if some possible network members are even unknown at the time of the administration of the survey or at least unknown to the administrators of the survey. Would it ever be possible for respondents to write in the names of other people and in doing so populate the survey with the names of these other people. Would this be practical? I really appreciate the thinking going on at Maven 7 with regard to offering a comprehensive, diagnostic survey in addition to the modularized approach. I would like to be using OrgMapper with regard to organization design which is a very comprehensive intervention. Having a survey which touches on many of the different areas relevant in organization design would be of great benefit.,10,One business objective of mine is to be able to offer workshops on network effectiveness. OrgMapper is a very user-friendly, insightful and relevant way of demonstrating many network concepts through visualizing the reality in an existing organizational network. It also enables clients to arrive at useful insights about their organization. In this capacity, OrgMapper has been an important part of my workshops. I also hope it will become an important part of my delivery of consulting services to clients. I am hopeful that the use of OrgMapper will position me to provide greater value to clients.,,Adobe Photoshop,Using OrgMapper in workshops for clients and in public workshops on how the potential of networks and how to be effective in networks. Using OrgMapper as a diagnostic and planning tool for helping organizational networks make improvements. Using OrgMapper in associations and less formal networks to improve the potential of the network.,Building OrgMapper into a workshop that helps individuals and members of existing networks to visualize the existence of themselves as a working network and to understand what improvements could be made to improve the effectiveness of their network.,10,9,Yes,I have wanted to see OrgMapper offer a survey which takes an encompassing approach to organizational networks using questions that crossover the different current modules. I have found a receptive audience within OrgMapper to this idea and actually found that they were also considering a similar approach. This has led to some interesting and useful conversations with OrgMapper staff. It convinces me that there is a very high level of quality, dedication and desire to learn on the part of OrgMapper staff in order to develop a highly useful product.,Visual Mapping Question selection Filtering and manipulating of visual maps,Emailing survey to respondents Using OrgMapper outside of an intact organization Learning to use all of the map filtering functions requires some effort.,8Fast, revealing and profound.We've used OrgMapper for several organizational situations from full organization diagnosis to departmental organizational needs around new [product] creation or new product launches.,Diagnosis of the efficiency Teams' improvement needs Detect potential crisis or find the solution to actual crisis Finding the best organizational network to put in place,Actually I don't see one, it's very easy to use and the results are clear for every one.,10,Increased employee efficiency Real adotpion of the stategic plan Deep mind set insights for every one from the leaders to the last employee,10,When I need help to sale Orgmapper the support team will always be there to help me finding the best success cases, arguments and other sales requirements.,Every stage of the OrgMapper platform is perfectly programmed so the consultant has very little work to do and this allows us to focus on the client.,The functions aren't difficult, you just have to learn how to read the charts.,10Using OrgMapper helps people and organisations have the important conversationsBetter Change works in the field of organisational transformation. We use Orgmapper where our clients require a network based approach to organisational development and or change, or are willing to explore the approach for other specific purposes. Orgmapper provides a solid foundation of evidence (empirical / visual ) of the structure of the networks that exist and the qualities of those networks - such as levels of trust/cohesion. This information makes it much easier to engage and align stakeholders on the reality - and solves the major re-occurring problem of starting on transformation activities without understanding the true organisational landscape. We have used Orgmapper in small enterprise settings and also in discreet departments of large government organisations.,Orgmapper has multiple modules ( with varying question sets) - this provides a range of alternatives and opportunities to engage with end clients and respond to their specific requirements/situation. Question sets can be customised - however the standard sets are very comprehensive. We find that the visual reports/artifacts are a very powerful medium to engage and communicate with the client about. Rich insights emerge through the conversations that stem from discussing and seeking to understand them. The Maven7 team are great to work with - right from discussing a particular approach to an end client's requirements...right through to reports and analytical support.,The user interface is adequate - but could probably be streamlined somewhat... can take some getting used to.. ( I understand a re-design is in progress ). Ethical use of Orgmapper is a major consideration.. (obtaining unique knowledge of relationships and people requires appropriate steps in the approach to the intervention and what happens through the process with such information and insight is a delicate topic) ...but this seems to limit the opportunities for use of the approach in organisations that are continually changing.,10,For our clients Orgmapper/the Network Approach has the potential to become a foundational approach to organisational transformation. It is early days as we are working in partnership with our clients to develop the best approach based on our explorations to date. In some instances including Orgmapper in our offering has actually slowed the lead conversion process down - which has been good from the perspective that we are working larger propositions, over the longer term. So for Better Change - Orgmapper provides a significant uplift and complimentary capability to our core capabilities.The Power of Relationships on DisplayOrgMapper was used in several leadership team building contexts, each team providing leadership to a business department. It was used to provide data around the relational networks that exist in the team. The visualizations helped to provide data that created a more robust understanding of where the relationships were strong and where there were opportunities for improvement.,It is very easy to implement. A web based tool that leverages a simple survey is how the data is gathered. The outputs via visualizations are very powerful and communicate with great impact to an audience. The administrative interface is very powerful and provides many options to display the outputs,,The administrative interface takes some getting used to. I am told that the next version, coming out in February 2016, will have a much more user friendly interface.,10,We really feel that OrgMapper accelerated the process of building a better leadership team by identifying strengths in existing relationships and clearly identified places where relationships needed to be further strengthened.,,Google Drive,2,2,Team Building Change Managment Integration resulting from an acquisition,Still learning the power of the tool so nothing innovative yet,Large change management projects from either systems implementations or those resulting from merger, acquisition or divestiture,10
OrgMapper

OrgMapper Reviews

OrgMapper
Filter 5 vetted OrgMapper reviews and ratings
Zoltán Csigás profile photo
February 01, 2016

OrgMapper Review: ""X-ray tool for a consultant""

• OrgMapper offers a good administration surface. It is easy to create custom data-collection schemas and to implement them in their own data-gathering environment. As a consultant I really appreciate this, as I get to focus on the professional side of my assignments, and I do not get stuck in programming / operational issues.
  • Data visualization: OrgMapper offers a highly flexible data visualization tool, with which I can create the network images that represent my data in the most insightful way. Elements can be moved and formatted individually, and the tool itself offers some pre-generated ideas as well, that serve a good starting point for my own formatting. An eye-catching, insightful visualization is what my clients look out for, and OrgMapper really excels in this.
  • Although not a software attribute per se, but it must be mentioned that the OrgMapper team offers a range of professional support services - from training to support in data interpretation or full project implementation support. The service is thus can become more than just software use.
  • The automated reports are OK, but I could use a bit more statistics regarding the characteristics of networks. Although the outputs are quite self-explanatory, some additional numbers could give an extra layer of insights.
  • Language support: I'd be happy to see a range of additional languages added to the basic reports / outputs. Although English is widely accepted, some additional languages could boost the localised application of OrgMapper.
OrgMapper is especially useful in mapping the soft-relationships within teams and organizations: communication, cooperation, knowledge sharing, and information flows.
Read Zoltán Csigás's full review
Barry Camson profile photo
January 22, 2016

Review: "OrgMapper Uncovers The Potential Of Networks"

• OrgMapper uses appropriate questions to understand the different aspects of networks in organizations. These questions are conceptually sound and appropriate and diverse. They are easy to understand.
  • There is a direct path from the survey to the visualization of data in network maps. Though having an official report is of great value, I rely on the ability of OrgMapper to translate raw data obtained via survey into actual maps potentially in real-time if needed.
  • I appreciate the use of modules like Knowledge Mapper or Team Mapper which pull together questions to respond to particular issues in organizations. This makes marketing easier and facilitates the decision making process on the part of clients.
  • I have found the technical support for OrgMapper to be helpful. I appreciate that the Maven 7 people like many of us users are all on a learning curve with regard to the translation of network science into practical usage. Thus, ongoing communication back and forth between we users and Maven 7 is helpful and important. I appreciate the inquisitive approach taken my Maven 7 and their dedication to resolve technical issues that arise.
  • I encountered difficulty in emailing the OrgMapper survey out to a public group (not part of one organization). A good number of people did not receive the emails or were not able to access the survey via password. I gather the OrgMapper folks have been working to prevent this from happening in the future.
  • OrgMapper is based on the assumption that people taking the survey are all part of one organization. Thus, it is possible to populate the software survey with specific names. But, what if the potential survey respondents are not part of a single organization? What if some possible network members are even unknown at the time of the administration of the survey or at least unknown to the administrators of the survey. Would it ever be possible for respondents to write in the names of other people and in doing so populate the survey with the names of these other people. Would this be practical?
  • I really appreciate the thinking going on at Maven 7 with regard to offering a comprehensive, diagnostic survey in addition to the modularized approach. I would like to be using OrgMapper with regard to organization design which is a very comprehensive intervention. Having a survey which touches on many of the different areas relevant in organization design would be of great benefit.
OrgMapper is currently suited for helping organizations to focus on specific issues like team performance or the sharing of knowledge across the organization. Currently, it is as not as feasible to use it as an encompassing diagnostic approach though one could customize a survey to combine many of the questions from across the survey. This would take some work on the part of the consultant-user and on the part of the orgMapper folks. So, currently OrgMapper is better at dealing with focused issues. OrgMapper is also more appropriate to be used within an intact, formal organization. Using it in a less formal network spanning several organizations or in a network at large in society may prove to be a challenge. One challenge here is in populating the survey data base.
Read Barry Camson's full review
Tania Vachez profile photo
February 02, 2016

OrgMapper Review: "Fast, revealing and profound."

• Diagnosis of the efficiency
  • Teams' improvement needs
  • Detect potential crisis or find the solution to actual crisis
  • Finding the best organizational network to put in place
  • Actually I don't see one, it's very easy to use and the results are clear for every one.
As a consultant you can find in OrgMapper the best path to motivate the members of the organization or promote the required changes. This is through the opinion leaders.
Read Tania Vachez's full review
Grant Symons profile photo
January 26, 2016

Review: "Using OrgMapper helps people and organisations have the important conversations"

• Orgmapper has multiple modules ( with varying question sets) - this provides a range of alternatives and opportunities to engage with end clients and respond to their specific requirements/situation. Question sets can be customised - however the standard sets are very comprehensive.
  • We find that the visual reports/artifacts are a very powerful medium to engage and communicate with the client about. Rich insights emerge through the conversations that stem from discussing and seeking to understand them.
  • The Maven7 team are great to work with - right from discussing a particular approach to an end client's requirements...right through to reports and analytical support.
  • The user interface is adequate - but could probably be streamlined somewhat... can take some getting used to.. ( I understand a re-design is in progress ).
  • Ethical use of Orgmapper is a major consideration.. (obtaining unique knowledge of relationships and people requires appropriate steps in the approach to the intervention and what happens through the process with such information and insight is a delicate topic) ...but this seems to limit the opportunities for use of the approach in organisations that are continually changing.
OrgMapper is well suited to interventions where the scope is clear and where the expectations around the process and outcome are agreed.
Read Grant Symons's full review
Chuck Smalley profile photo
January 21, 2016

OrgMapper Review: "The Power of Relationships on Display"

• It is very easy to implement. A web based tool that leverages a simple survey is how the data is gathered.
  • The outputs via visualizations are very powerful and communicate with great impact to an audience.
  • The administrative interface is very powerful and provides many options to display the outputs,
  • The administrative interface takes some getting used to. I am told that the next version, coming out in February 2016, will have a much more user friendly interface.
It is designed to have the different modules work for different scenarios. The Team Mapper module is designed for smaller groups, while the remaining modules work best in larger engagements.
Read Chuck Smalley's full review

About OrgMapper

OrgMapper is an online diagnostic tool that analyzes and visualizes the human networks employees use to collaborate, communicate and exchange information over in order to do their daily jobs. It produces lists of key employees and network maps to identify communication and collaboration patterns, uncovering embedded organizational issues.