Reviews (1-1 of 1)
February 19, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
We use Orion for hardware monitoring, specifically for servers in our environment. It is a very powerful tool that with the appropriate access can provide valuable information about server uptime and utilization without installing agents on every device. We have used it for several years at my current company and have been very happy with the results.
- Hardware monitoring is the main reason we bought the product, and we use it to monitor over 4,000 servers.
- It also great for network monitoring, although we use other products for this function also. This is mostly because we are a big, siloed organization and is less to do with any issues with the functionality provided.
- Application monitoring is also a capability of Orion. We have experimented with its function, but we have not rolled it out full-scale.
- You still need other tools, so it is not a true enterprise solution. We still use products like Splunk for detailed log info and ThousandEyes to see when/where users are logging into our apps. There are also other products in use like ExtraHop and Dynatrace, but I believe that is more a function of my organization and less to do with product capabilities.
- Sales methodology is very different because they don't travel and have a rep out in front of you. They do everything remotely, so if you are a big company this may take some getting used to.
- The licensing/contracting model is unique. Everything is recurring on a set of data every year. They don't do MSA or SOW, just agree to the EULA and pay for the product. Again, I think this is different than what most large companies are used to.
Read this authenticated review
Orion is a great tool for monitoring your devices and network. It is extremely reliable and provides power information and metrics regarding availability. It also has a nice alerting engine that can be set up based on the customer's needs. Overall the tool is powerful and very flexible when configured correctly.
ORION Enterprise Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About ORION Enterprise
The ORION Enterprise Resource Planning solution, an offering from 3i Infotech, is an ERP platform with native customer relationship management and supply chain management capabilities with finance, sales, and human resource management tools.
Categories: Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
ORION Enterprise Technical Details