OutboundEngine Reviews

October 16, 2020
Annabelle Jones | TrustRadius Reviewer
OutboundEngine is being used throughout our entire organization and is relatively new to me. I was looking for a program initially that would help me manage my clients, as I had a difficult time keeping my current and past clients straight, and I wanted to be able to reach out to past clients regarding recurring shoots and potential jobs. OutboundEngine streamlines this process, and their content is professional and thorough without looking too sales-y. It has addressed the contact disorganization issue while bringing in new leads and initiating recurring jobs with past clients.
  • It helps me keep my client lists organized and manage who I need to reach out to regarding what topics, shoots, jobs, etc. In turn, it helps me generate a lot more leads and recurring jobs.
  • Their social media improvement options seem very strong. I'm so excited to start working on building my company's social media presence and boosting our online image with OutboundEngine.
  • Their customer service is excellent. The times I've spoken with my account manager, they have covered all their bases and been able to answer all of my questions. I felt very confident moving forward with the use of the program after an extensive and helpful call with an OutboundEngine employee.
  • It is expensive, which was initially hard to justify as a business that's just getting off the ground.
  • I don't have anything else negative to say! I'm really excited to move forward working with them.
OutboundEngine is very well suited for smaller businesses that are moldable and are just getting off the ground. For these businesses, they often have a smaller employee base and are more in need of organization and marketing help. OutboundEngine definitely took a lot off my plate on the marketing, social media, and communication side of things and prevented me from needing to bring on extra help, which would have ended up costing me more in the long run.
The customer service here is excellent. When I first signed up, I was apprehensive about what I could do with OutboundEngine. When I spoke with my account manager, they were able to answer all of my questions and I felt a lot more confident moving forward. So far, the customer service team has had a helpful and applicable answer to any questions that have arisen.
Read Annabelle Jones's full review
August 21, 2020
John Stevens | TrustRadius Reviewer
The best things about OutboundEngine are the content and social media management. As a newer company, we initially were not able to manage our social media and outreach properly because we didn't have the time or manpower. However, OutboundEngine was a great help with that. We were doing everything manually to stay in contact with clients (sending out emails and responding to clients), but with OutboundEngine, it makes things a lot easier. We were able to generate and send out unique, relevant content without having to think about it, and clients have responded and been more engaged with the company. We are able to send out relevant content to clients without having to think about it, and contact with clients goes both ways. When clients are in need of marketing services, even when they don't have an active campaign going, we are at the top of their mind and are more likely to generate new business leads for us. OutboundEngine is simultaneously tackling lead generation, client outreach, and social media/online presence management.
  • The content that they generate to send to our clients is relevant and the clients want to engage with us. It makes us appear more professional and consistent, even though we are a smaller company.
  • It helps us stay in touch with clients and helps us stay top of mind. We are able to generate more new business leads if we are in consistent contact with current, former, and potential clients.
  • Their customer service and support is outstanding. All my questions were answered and I went into the program feeling confident and knowledgeable.
  • The price is high for small businesses, but overall worth it.
I think that OutboundEngine is very well suited for companies that are growing quickly and don't always have the time to do consistent outreach. It's well suited for companies that are big enough to have a large client base, but too small to have a fully built out marketing and outreach department. It helps us generate leads, so any business that is trying to expand quickly through lead generation would benefit.
The customer support is outstanding. Before we started implementing OutboundEngine, we had a long call with one of the representatives who explained the service and the entire product and process to us, which made me feel a lot more confident and ready to implement the service in our company. The program was easy to set up and I think that it holds a lot of value for something so easy to implement.
Read John Stevens's full review
November 11, 2020
Joe Pacholski | TrustRadius Reviewer
OutboundEngine is an automated advertising campaign that keeps you engaged in social media platforms. It allows you to add or adjust posted material and help keep your database engaged and to add to your data base. It is easy to use and has a mobile app as well. This is an excellent product.
  • Monthly consultations with representative/training.
  • Data showing who has opened emails.
  • Engine that allows you to request reviews.
  • I cannot think of any improvements. Very easy to use.
Very good for keeping in touch with your database for busy professionals. If you have a large database it is sometimes hard to stay on track reaching out to people on a regular basis. The information sent can be personalized and edited.
Monthly scheduled appointments.
Read Joe Pacholski's full review
August 14, 2020
Maurine Montville | TrustRadius Reviewer
Excellent for streamlining marketing and has helped us boost our online and social media presences significantly. It has been used specifically in the marketing and customer service departments to ensure better communication with clients and keep in contact with them. It addresses the lack of communication between designers, account managers/customer service, and clients.
  • Social media marketing.
  • Compiling lists of contacts and sending out email blasts.
  • Improving and maintaining online presence.
  • Consistent communication with clients.
  • Price should be lower.
  • More tailored options/options for client to personalize.
OutboundEngine is very good for simple social media and marketing outreach. It is helpful when keeping up with clients because it's informative, not spammy, and simple enough that they will read through it without it taking up too much of their day. We are able to decide how often we want to send out communication and optimize our content to our clients' needs.
The customer service was excellent! Everyone I spoke to was kind and knowledgeable. My account manager was easily reachable. Setup of the OutboundEngine program was explained really thoroughly, and we knew how we could best use the product to meet the needs of our clients and get our online and social media presence off the ground.
Read Maurine Montville's full review
July 30, 2020
Madeline Davis | TrustRadius Reviewer
It's excellent because it has helped me provide my clients with educational, insightful articles without making me sacrifice more time than needed. Since I have such a small business, it's difficult to stretch my time to meet all the needs of the company. I get too focused on meeting clients' immediate needs and forget about long-term outreach and contact. OutboundEngine's content is engaging, thought-provoking, and relevant topics to both my business and my clients' fields with respect to my company's involvement. OutboundEngine has been terrific with making sure I stay in touch with people and that things like content emails and social media don't get swept under the rug by accident.
  • Content is relevant to my clients' involvement with my business as well as my company itself. For example, articles about the importance of social media exposure would be relevant to both my business and my clients'.
  • Social media posting automation, because I never have to think about planning posts or remembering to publish on an exact date.
  • List making/keeping in touch with contacts so I don't leave anyone out or forget to follow up. It keeps me on my clients' minds and generates more business for me in turn.
  • Lowered costs, since it's difficult to justify this service's prices as a small and relatively new company. Lowering the costs would help OutboundEngine expand the base of businesses that they are able to help.
I think it's well suited for small businesses with a targeted client base. Small businesses have less time to dedicate to content, and a targeted client base would be easiest for one-size-fits-all content. It's also well-suited for people who are running a business on their own, because it helps them avoid having to hire another person and spend time and money on that. I think it's good for a business with a close client/company relationship, because the company is more invested in the clients' outcome and the clients are more interested in what the business is doing.
Customer service has been excellent; never had a problem with them. My account manager was easy to reach whenever I needed to contact them, and I never ran into any specific or recurring problems. The program is super user-friendly and was easy to implement and use. I've had a great experience with both the product and OutboundEngine's service representatives.
Read Madeline Davis's full review
July 29, 2020
Keeping in touch with such a wide client base and network can be difficult. However, OutboundEngine helps sort client information and send out emails, etc. in an organized and cohesive manner. It keeps everything organized and together so it's easy to reach out to a specific person, or a large group of people, whenever needed. It addresses the issues of organization in the marketing and outreach areas and is being mainly used in marketing.
  • Customer service is top notch. Every time there's been an issue (which is very rare!) the account managers were easy to reach and had quick answers.
  • Helps us stay organized with email lists, contact lists, etc.
  • Sends out content in a timely manner without it being spammy or too frequent.
  • Gives us the freedom to choose what content goes out and who it goes to, so we can tailor it to our client base's needs since it is so diverse.
  • Nothing I can think of with the program itself, it is costly though but I believe worth it.
It's well suited to our organization because we have a large, diverse network that we need to keep in touch with consistently. Certain groups (such as alumni) need specific information, while other groups (for example, parents or students) need different information. OutboundEngine helps us keep contacts organized and ensure that each group is kept up to date with the information that they need and want.
The customer service is excellent. The account managers are easy to reach, and whenever we've had a problem (although there have been hardly any issues since the implementation of OutboundEngine), they have a quick answer and are able to solve it. They are knowledgeable about the product and are committed to helping customers succeed while using the program. I've never not been able to reach someone when I need them.
June 24, 2020
Mike Thomas | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it for sending out generic newsletters by email. It is only being used by the marketing department. The use is for keeping our clients informed. One major problem with this service is if another company has your contact on their list you cannot email them. Out of over 600 contacts, we could only email less than 200.
  • The emails look okay.
  • The customer service is terrible.
Don't use these guys. They have made it a nightmare to cancel my account. They are holding me hostage, you cannot cancel on the phone and I've sent countless emails trying to get it cancelled. They are not responsive. I wish I never signed up with them. The tactics they are using do not reflect a good customer experience.
The support from OutboundEngine has been the worst I've received from any company in a long time.
Read Mike Thomas's full review
July 07, 2020
Brad Langford | TrustRadius Reviewer
It's being used to streamline marketing and make sure that we're consistently communicating with past and current clients. It addresses the issues of inconsistent communication, lack of follow-through, and a small presence on social media.
  • Customer service
  • Content
  • None!
OutboundEngine is great for marketing for small businesses that want to deal with a hands-on company. OutboundEngine's customer service team is always available and has been ideal for our company.
Because of their great customer service and the positive experience I've had with the product so far.
Read Brad Langford's full review
March 04, 2020
Fonda Hall | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am a small operation and I rely on Outbound to publish a bi-monthly newsletter. They post on three different social media accounts for me. It saves me a lot of time and makes me look more professional as well, like an expert. The company is very affordable and they don’t pressure me into using more services.
  • They are up to date with cutting edge information, which I really appreciate.
  • They listen and respond when I have an issue.
  • They are very timely in getting a response to me when I need assistance.
  • Their web site is very user-friendly. If you need assistance, they’re always available.
  • I really can’t think of anything.
I live in a smaller city, so recommending OutboundEngine to other companies that offer the same services as me won’t work because the newsletters would be identical to mine and that would not be good. If I referred a totally different business, that could work. I like OutboundEngine very much.
They are very timely in their response to my needs. They are always able to quickly help me. I never feel like I’m bothering them.
Read Fonda Hall's full review
February 22, 2020
Fred Amendola | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have been using Outbound Engine for 3 years to keep in touch and top of mind with my clients and sphere of influence. In the real estate industry, 90%+ of clients said they would use the same realtor again if they could recall their name. Since there are on average 10 years between purchases, unless you can stay top of mind, clients tend to forget over that time.
  • Outbound Engine allows me to stay top of mind with my sphere of influence, which allows for more referrals and repeat business.
  • It also helps establish me as a trusted adviser/subject matter expert with the relevant content they provide.
  • It's easier to request reviews immediately after adding a contact. Many times we have to wait until the person has connected, etc.
It is well suited where a person needs to stay top of mind with a client. For example, when they have a long period between purchases. Also, when they are looking for a long term relationship and want repeat and referral business. One other example is where the sheer numbers of clients/sphere do not allow for face to face or phone call interaction.
They are excellent at replying to me quickly and following up.
Read Fred Amendola's full review
February 10, 2020
Vicki Rucker | TrustRadius Reviewer
I was the subscriber. A loan consultant that I worked with highly recommended OutboundEngine to me. He loved the program because he found several new clients as a result.
I signed up for OutboundEngine, and the staff was very hardworking. They helped me organize my social media sites, helped me to create a Facebook Business Page, and sent helpful information to future buyers and sellers. I did gain at least 2 clients as a result of signing up with OutboundEngine.
  • Customer support.
  • Establishing social media sites.
  • Perhaps listening better.
  • Giving more detailed information.
OutboundEngine really really helped me realize my strong and weak points. The guidance to get where I needed to be was very useful. The staff acts as both a mentor and a coach.
I really like the staff’s attitude, high energy, and great attitude!
Read Vicki Rucker's full review
January 31, 2020
Melanie Hadley | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use OutboundEngine as part of my marketing and customer retention plan for my team. OutboundEngine sends out a monthly newsletter to my database with timely and relevant information related to owning a home and the mortgage lending process. The "touches" for each newsletter are tracked and the engagement by the user is saved on a website for me so I can make follow-up calls based on these results.
  • The content of their postings is relevant and looks very professional.
  • They always make me feel like a valued customer.
  • Have a more flexible platform that would allow me to choose how often I want the newsletters to go out versus me having to go in and suppress the newsletters that I don't want to go out.
  • Customer service follow-through sometimes is lacking.
I find value in the newsletters they produce and I encourage my real estate partners to work with OutboundEngine to stay in contact with their database. The biggest area of improvement that I believe real estate agents need to make is in customer retention through staying in constant contact with their clients.
While I think the support is very good, I have to initiate the request. I would like to see them be more proactive and reach out to me once a quarter to see what they can do to make my experience with their service easier for me to use because at this point they provide the content and means of delivery, but I have to provide them with an updated client list every month.
Read Melanie Hadley's full review
January 30, 2020
David Robnett | TrustRadius Reviewer
OutboundEngine is one of our lead services for new business and client retention. We currently use it throughout the organization. New business acquisition is our primary use of Outbound Engine. It is also a way we keep in contact with our existing clients.
  • Contacting through email is the way OutboundEngine helps us in developing leads. We provide the emails and OutboundEngine delivers the insurance related content. Leads are developed from the campaigns delivered to our clients and new business prospects. It's a simple and very effective way to reach new prospects and cross-sell existing customers.
  • Their billing is simple.
  • It is a simple process. As long as you provide the leads, they do a good job of the rest.
  • I would say a fault is possibly going strictly with the emails the client puts in. In the real world, we would all like to have endless emails to provide them. However, this is rarely the case. So if you only provide minimal leads, you are going to get minimal results. It would be great if they could provide some of the leads or emails to the client.
Customer contact.
The support you get from OutboundEngine is Great. I think that if they would provide the emails and let us follow up and make sales, it would be perfect. Our challenge is simply having enough emails to give them.
Read David Robnett's full review
May 05, 2020
Mark Rodgers | TrustRadius Reviewer
I chose OutboundEngine to help me with lead generation and to stay in contact with my customers.
  • I think the email content is great.
  • I think the customer service is terrible. After you sign up it will be difficult to get anyone on the phone.
I would give this company a zero except for the fact that the email content does look good. However, you're paying a lot of money just to send some emails.
They email your contacts and nothing more.
Read Mark Rodgers's full review
March 17, 2020
Patricia Magruder | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our agency uses OutboundEngine to help with our social media presence. The services offered help keep us in front of many people with Facebook, LinkedIn, emails, and Twitter content with relevant information pertaining to our industry. We receive a favorable response from the postings.
  • Posts relevant information that is interesting to our customers
  • Is consistent with the postings
  • Give us important information regarding each campaign
  • I cannot think of an improvement. OutboundEngine meets our needs.
I find the articles beneficial in OutboundEngine.
The people I talk to are very knowledgeable and responsive
Read Patricia Magruder's full review
February 08, 2020
We utilize OutboundEngine to maintain contact with our growing client base. This site helps me to keep "top of mind" with my clients and prospects no matter where they in the sales funnel.
  • Robust e-mail campaign with personalized message 2x monthly.
  • Social Media campaign that complements the email newsletter via Facebook and LinkedIn.
  • The "website" capabilities are very simplistic and not overly customizable.
  • It can get costly with their a-la-cart functionality, especially since everything is billed monthly.
OutboundEngine platform is fantastic for the solo practitioner who wants to stay top-of-mind via email, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Customer Support has had its ups and downs, but they seem to have things on-track with dedicated account support reps now. Technical support is quick to respond, but limitations in the platform can be frustrating (this is not a robust website and does not have IDX options).
January 22, 2020
Morgan Young | TrustRadius Reviewer
Even though the price is high, it is much lower than what it would cost to staff a larger marketing team; therefore the ROI is high. There is great customer service with this company and there isn't a lot of time commitment because it's so user-friendly. If I could change one thing, it would be to offer more menu options instead of block packages so I can customize it. However, my organization's experience with OutboundEngine has been overall positive.
  • Return on investment.
  • Communication with clients.
  • More custom packages.
It's great for small businesses that don't have the time and resources to do outreach to clients individually. The customer service from OE is great and they are very accommodating. OE is very well suited to our company because it helps us tailor our content and marketing strategies without taking valuable time away from our executives and management team.
Awesome customer service. Everyone is willing to help and explain the program. The program itself is very user-friendly.
Read Morgan Young's full review
December 07, 2019
Bruce Elliott | TrustRadius Reviewer
I was cold-called by the company. As a licensed real estate agent it is pretty easy to find my number. The sales person told me they could increase my online exposure and generate "a ton" of followers and/or new customer inquires by providing useful and timely generated emails to my existing email data base. All I had to do was give them my database contact info, they would then create the emails and I would watch to see who clicked on, followed, inquired, etc. The start-up cost was $545 and $448 a month.

Nobody ever called, emailed or even inquired from the email campaigns. The only followers I ever had were the same existing clients that already followed me. While the content of the service is not bad and perhaps even a necessary evil, the problem arose when I tried to cancel after 6 months of using the service.

I was told on multiple calls from the very beginning the program was a simple pay per month basis and I can cancel anytime. In the beginning, I had multiple emails asking to set up a conference call to provide my email database and get started. Nowhere was anything ever implied, provided, stated or written that I had committed to any long term program. I have had other companies that have a separate person call and confirm what you are signing up for and for how long. I emailed and tried to cancel after 6 months. Beware, someone from the company will call you and attempt to get you to stay on. They will continue to argue and threaten to continue charging your card for up to 1 year. Immediately after hanging up they charged my card for another month! Stay away....desperate people/companies do desperate things!
  • Content.
  • Communication sending out the various email campaigns.
  • Customer service.
  • Truth in what they are selling.
  • If they are good in what they do then they don't need to argue and fight to keep someone from canceling!
  • Very expensive for what you actually get!
I have no scenarios I'd recommend it for. Perhaps the person that has too much money and wishes to exchange a fair amount of it for hope and dreams of an unrealistic outcome for something they only THINK they cannot do on their own. OutboundEngine provides very basic templated emails that are sent out to your own database.

Company will say ANYTHING to get you to sign up. Bait and switch from what was promised to what was delivered and for how long. They promised the world and then tried to operate out of fear by bullying the customer!
Read Bruce Elliott's full review
January 12, 2020
OutboundEngine makes my business appear more professional and knowledgeable. It is being used across the whole organization and addresses issues like time management. I am able to ensure that relevant articles appear on my business's web pages and online feeds. It has helped me expand the reach of my business.
  • Helps my business appear polished and professional.
  • Helps me save valuable time that I can use to improve other areas of my company.
  • The price is quite high.
OutboundEngine is a great fit for companies that need better time management strategies and have to cut down on time in certain areas. As a busy executive, I don't always have time to generate content myself and don't have a large team to do it for me. This allows everyone in the company to focus on other tasks and manage their time in a more balanced manner.
OutboundEngine has been a great help to my company and very helpful with any use issues we have.
May 11, 2016
MICHELLE RYAN - REALTOR®, ABR®, CLHMS®, GRI, SRS | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use OutboundEngine to stay connected with my database. I trust OutboundEngine to provide relevant content with an acceptable frequency to my various social media sites. As a real estate agent, they effectively address the need to keep me first of mind with past clients and those I have recently met. This allows me to stay focused on lead generation and networking.
  • Great catch phrases.
  • Offer a wide range of topics within the industry to peak the interest of the various end users, such as, home owner, investor, interior decorator and the like.
  • Good tracking and notification system.
  • Excellent customer service and follow-through.
  • The dashboard is a bit confusing; offer video tutorials.
  • Offer an app for the smartphones and other devices.
Their customer service and offerings keep getting better. I have been with them for nearly 2 years and it has been one of the best investments I made.
Read MICHELLE RYAN - REALTOR®, ABR®, CLHMS®, GRI, SRS's full review
May 05, 2016
Sara Seely | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use OutboundEngine to send regular communication to my clients, prospects, and centers of influence. It helps keep my name in front of people who could be clients or could refer clients on a regular basis.
  • Newsletters are well written and have very high quality appearance.
  • Provide data on who is engaging with the emails so that I know who are good candidates to reach out to personally.
  • Very easy onboard experience.
  • Allow me to produce my own content using their template and send to my contact list on their system.
  • Allow me to make small edits to the content before sending out.
I love that the contact list is limited so another advisor cannot start sending the same emails to people already on my list.
Read Sara Seely's full review
May 02, 2016
Ronda Needham | TrustRadius Reviewer
OutboundEngine is a life saver for busy realtors. They handle sending first class, relevant postings on social media that pertain to you and your business, plus they offer other services. Their prices are very reasonable as they design everything. They're located in Austin, Texas, and therefore understand the Texas market and what is an appropriate posting relevant to our state, as opposed to some others I've tried that were located in other states and didn't have a clue what was relevant to Texas real estate.
  • Accessible, easy and prompt
  • Knowledgeable of the real estate business
  • Produce relevent content for use by realtors
  • Have great follow up on programs, etc.
Outbound Engine is most appropriate for Texas realtors as their content is relevant to our state, climate, etc., where other providers are located in the North or Northeast and their material isn't appropriate for our climate or mindset.
I have tried other providers located in other states and their content was not relevant to my area and was not read by any of my database receiving the emails. OutboundEngine gets a very acceptable "email's opened" within my mailing list.
Read Ronda Needham's full review
May 10, 2016
Michael Patrick Maloof | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have had the service now since January for email marketing, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. It's a great resource to help build your personal brand. It helps to subconsciously get your name in front of people without being intrusive. Overall goal is to get more customers without constantly beating them down. I am all about building relationships and expand.
  • Keeps your presence in the back of the end users mind month to month
  • Non intrusive
  • Create referral partners
  • Costs less
  • Less junk mail
  • More tools
  • More help to make search engine optimization work in your favor
Outboundengine is a great way to expand your social media presence and it is a great tool to get in front of prospective clients for the future. It's non intrusive and it makes your presence known.
Read Michael Patrick Maloof's full review
May 04, 2016
James Hoglen | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use OutboundEngine to help push my social media info out to my database as well as for email campaigns to my customers.
  • OutboundEngine keeps me in front of my clients in a way that I don't have to think about it.
  • They are consistent.
  • The content that they provide is fresh and useable.
  • The service they provide is not over the top in your face.
  • I have not had the chance to experience the cons yet.
I was referred to Outbound Engine through a colleague of mine at a national sales conference. He told me that they took him to the next level. I am just starting out with them, but from the start, I saw results (now it is up to me to capitalize)!!!

Everyone that I have dealt with has been friendly, helpful and supportive. On one of my training calls, the young lady (I believe it was Renata Moran) helping me told me that she was new and was still learning. She told/joked me that the person I had worked with on the last call would be much better and faster being new, she was not as experienced as the others yet. To be honest, this was one of the best things I could have heard, and it spoke to the integrity of the company, and the people that they hire. She could have given the impression that she was a seasoned employee (she knew more than I did about what we were doing). Her honest approach left me with a great feeling. I will definitely recommend OutboundEngine to anyone that I think could benefit!!!
Read James Hoglen's full review

Mobile optimization (17)
Email deliverability reporting (18)
List management (15)
6.7
Automated sales alerts and tasks (14)
Social sharing and campaigns (17)

What is OutboundEngine?

OutboundEngine provides a hands-off way for small business owners to market and grow their business. The product aims to provide small businesses with what big companies have achieved with marketing automation. The service aims to help users keep in touch with clients and prospects with professionally designed, branded campaigns. Benefits include: driving engagement, surfacing warm leads from current contacts, generating referrals and repeat business from their existing contacts, social media advertising to get in front of prospective new customers.

The vendor states that OutboundEngine Users will benefit from:
  • Well crafted campaigns with delivery in mind
  • Industry-relevant content that keeps contacts engaged over time
  • Prescriptive performance metrics delivered via email
  • Prospect generating forms with a clear call to action
  • Done-for-them social advertising