Score 6.6 out of 10

What is OutboundEngine?

How OutboundEngine Differs From Its Competitors

Network Presence

I probably don’t get as many reviews and newsletter subscribers as I wish, but it does keep me in touch with important people and I have personally made a $15,000 commission on a home sale that would not have happened without OutboundEngine

Network Presence

yes they send out some very good stuff but ask for reviews way to often, they need to have some way of letting us know when people remove themselves or the email is not a good one. other than having to go into site and check each and every prospect or client

Network Presence

One big impact of using Outbound Engine is my top of mind presence in the minds of my clients. Clients will reach out to me that I have only spoken to once. They know my name and talk to me like they know me. They request my help to buy or sell a home. It's all because of the ongoing presence of …

Network Presence

I'm in much more frequent contact with my mailing list, which is vital and has brought me business. And your excellent newsletters make me look really good!
I'm really not sure about social media - I feel like I'm missing something in this respect. Not sure how to assess the impact.

Network Presence

OutboundEngine produces relative content to my business. The topics keep me relative on social media and email. I like that I can see who's read or viewed the articles.

Network Presence

I can't give you a direct correlation between OutboundEngine and any impact. What they intended with their design is what they have delivered. It keeps my social media, blog page on my website, and email reach flowing. I have not used the review service and I don't believe I've gotten any referrals.

Network Presence

For me, OutboundEngine has helped the most with my Online reviews. Without this product I wouldn't have nearly as many reviews as I have. I do wish their review system was more flexible as it's the #1 reason I continue to use them

Network Presence

I would have never kept in contact with my previous and current customers without someone like Dawn at OutboundEngine to keep me on track.

Network Presence

It keeps my name in front of buyers and sellers....they may not need me today but tomorrow is another day.

Network Presence

At first, I thought people would be annoyed with how many times they see the newsletters, whether it be by email or social media. I have never had any complaints about that. My clients have loved the information in the newsletters. It is not all about real estate and they really enjoy that.

Network Presence

There are a number of contacts who hit the sends right away and hit every send! They are highly engaged and often will comment back on the subject matter which is valuable to me because I know they are seeing them.

Network Presence

OutboundEngine's automated emails help keep me relevant to past clients, who I rely on for new business referrals. They also helped me to create and maintain a business Facebook page, something I honestly may never have done on my own. If nothing else, it's a reminder that my virtual presence is …

• Email deliverability reporting (50)
  • List management (36)
    6.6
  • Mobile optimization (38)
    6.5
  • Social sharing and campaigns (38)
    6.2

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of OutboundEngine, and make your voice heard!

Essential

$199

Value

$299

Premium

$499

• $99 per userRequired
For the latest information on pricing, visithttp://www.outboundengine.com/pricing

Features

Email & Online Marketing

Using software to manage lists, send emails, automate email campaigns and track results.

6.6Avg 7.7

Lead Management

The process of tracking and managing prospective customers from lead generation to conversion.

6.8Avg 7.1

Social Media Marketing

Using social media networks to help amplify marketing endeavors.

6.2Avg 7.6

What is OutboundEngine?

OutboundEngine provides a hands-off way for small business owners to market and grow their business. The product aims to provide small businesses with what big companies have achieved with marketing automation. The service aims to help users keep in touch with clients and prospects with professionally designed, branded campaigns. Benefits include: driving engagement, surfacing warm leads from current contacts, generating referrals and repeat business from their existing contacts, social media advertising to get in front of prospective new customers.

The vendor states that OutboundEngine Users will benefit from:
  • Well crafted campaigns with delivery in mind
  • Industry-relevant content that keeps contacts engaged over time
  • Prescriptive performance metrics delivered via email
  • Prospect generating forms with a clear call to action
  • Done-for-them social advertising

• Supported: Automated social media posts to Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
  • Supported: Social media content creation
  • Supported: Custom branded Facebook apps for your business page
  • Supported: Referral generation
  • Supported: Opt out capabilities on all email and social media posts
  • Supported: Automated online review site generation, management and monitoring
  • Supported: Online review generation

OutboundEngine Screenshots

Screenshot of Automated Social Media MarketingScreenshot of A personalized snapshot of your account activity and warmest leads.Screenshot of Personally designed, tested, and automated emails

OutboundEngine Videos

OutboundEngine Integrations

OutboundEngine Competitors

OutboundEngine Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web

Mailchimp, Constant Contact, and BombBomb are common alternatives for OutboundEngine.

Reviewers rate Email deliverability reporting and Automated sales alerts and tasks highest, with a score of 6.8.

The most common users of OutboundEngine are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

Greg DeFazio | TrustRadius Reviewer
OutboundEngine is used for systematic and regular social media interaction with your warm crowd. Basically maintaining a relationship with your circle of influence
  • Post on LinkedIn
  • Post on FB
  • Not sure if Instagram posting would help
Hit auto mates, keeping in touch with your sphere of influence and your close network. Instead of spending countless hours, creating content and Hit auto mates, keeping in touch with your sphere of influence and your close network. Instead of spending countless hours, creating content and post, it happens for you and spoon feeds you the results, who is engaged, who needs to be followed up with.
February 02, 2023

Try I like it

Chic Clark | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use the OutboundEngine to keep my name in front of people. They post on my social media every three days and have articles with great content. They also do a newsletter twice a month to over 3000 emails I have in my database. I meet online with my account rep once a month, and they are very good about follow-up and communication.
  • Monthly meeting
  • Great content with with my social media
  • The also keep track of who is taking interest
  • All around as companies I have worked with they have been the best
  • I would recommend them. I know when I am too busy I know they have good content going out even when I don't have time to do my own.
  • I think I would like more help with social media
  • Adding instagram and twitter
  • Providing a program with they will do the mailings for you of selected contacts. And providing good content
I like talking with the rep every month. I also know I can call and get an answer.
Kay Young | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use OutboundEngine to keep my business "top of mind" as well as keep my social media platforms up to date. The postings are targeted at my field of interest, Real Estate, and are up-to-date topics. It is a way to hit the diverse media platforms with very little effort on my part, but if there is a subject that you do not want to be posted, it is also easy to make a change.
  • Emailing up to date subject matter on schedule
  • Posting to other social media in a timely manner.
  • Keeping me advised of the number of good emails that are delivered and anyone that requests more information.
  • For my use
  • it is a good buy
  • and I don't have any comments on improvement.
A great platform for advertising and it is easy.
Butch Fehr | TrustRadius Reviewer
Client and future client contact program with information My biggest concerns with the programing is that we are not really notified when contacts that we have set up, either remove them selves, My number of contacts being sent information have been continually decreasing and not until I took a hard look. I believe that it should be part of the program to notify the consumer on number changes at lest 1x a month
  • let me know who the most engaged are
  • updating their clients (us) on users that have deactivated
  • letting us know how many new clients we can add
  • not asking for review as often as they do from clients on the lists
  • would like to know who wins the referral or review contests
been using for a couple of years not sure if I will continue or look for a new way to spend my add dollars
I have the Outbound Engine real estate newsletter e-mailed to my real estate clients. The newsletter presents a variety of topics for homeowners and people wanting to buy or sell. The newsletter is professional looking, has great pictures, and the articles are pertinent and timely. I can see when my clients access the newsletter and I can respond to them with up to date information. Outbound Engine also posts to my Facebook page.
One goal I have in using Outbound Engine is to keep my name in front of potential buyers or sellers. Often I will have clients contact me and the way they know me is through this newsletter. It's been a very effective tool in keeping me top of mind when clients have real estate needs. It's also been a tool that my clients pass to their friends and family when they see a topic that particularily addresses their current need.
  • Presents a professional look
  • Excellent Photography
  • Pertinent Information
  • Up to date with current trends and topics
  • Very Manageable content - good information, not too long
  • I would like to see Outbound Engine direct traffic back to my website.
  • I would like to see specifically what article(s) clients read
  • Updated auto responses
The articles and photography are eye catching and a manageable size to read. The topics are relevant and timely, and they are in step with seasonal topics. I would like the articles to link to my webpage instead of directing my clients to other sites. At times, some of the articles could provide a bit more substance. There's a lot of common sense information and I would appreciate a bit more new information.
I have newsletters with a range of topics that are sent to clients every two weeks. Topics are varied from credit issues to buying or selling and so many other related topics, from designing and remodeling and making improvements in a property to current issues that face buyers and sellers. Great way to keep past clients and potential clients top of mind for referrals and additional business.
  • Regularly calls for feedback
  • Regularly suggests improvements that I can make
  • Offer different means of connecting with those in my contact list
  • Provides excellent and swift service for new listings and sold properties
  • Find the app more challenging to use than laptop
  • Need to have one particular person to have continued phone conversations with if an appointment call is missed
Well suited for the variety of topics and visuals that are provided in newsletters.
Outbound Engine helps me to stay in touch with my former, active, and prospective real estate clients. The bi-weekly newsletter interests many on my e-mailing list, and the OE software keeps track of who is reading the newsletter. It makes it very easy to send notes to them or to request reviews of former clients, freeing up my time for other important areas of sales. It's a boon to my business.
  • The excellent newsletter is frequent and gets many readers.
  • Posting on Facebook and LinkedIn is also very good.
  • The pre-written letters and review requests that can also be adapted saves me lots of time, and I tend to do those pesky tasks more often because of it.
  • The website is attractive, simply designed, and very easy to use.
  • The monthly call is also helpful for any issues, questions, or feedback I might have.
  • Logging into Outbound Engine on my phone is difficult because I can't save the login name and password. Being able to save it would be very helpful.
  • Posting my new listings on social media would help if that's possible.
  • Being informed of what you're posting on social media and when would also be helpful.
It's always well suited to hard-working real estate agents! The reason I put 9 instead of 10 is because if the agent isn't a go-getter, I wouldn't recommend OutboundEngine to her. It allows an agent to put her energy into other aspects of the job, thus becoming a more effective agent.
Carol Jeha | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use OutboundEngine to market my real estate business through social media and email. I like that it's all automated and user friendly. The topics and related articles are right on point with my industry. I can see who's viewed and am able to respond with a specific personal message.
  • Topics and articles on point with my industry
  • User friendly and customer service is great
  • Able to respond to clients individually and personally
  • Customizable
  • I'm not sure. I probably don't use all the features to it's full potential for me to rate this question.
I like that I can see who's viewed my email and how often. I can respond directly to that client with a personal message. OutboundEngine allows me to be top of mind to my clients and potential clients through social media. I don't really have any negative scenarios to share.
Stay in contact with past, current, and future clients through informational posts and emails. Twice monthly provides pertinent information to clients and customers. It allows me to reach out to clients for referrals in a non-confrontational way. It posts to multiple social media platforms to cover different types of clients and customers. It also offers other services that I don't take advantage of.
  • OutboundEngine provides information my client and customers are interested in.
  • It sends out information automatically and regularly.
  • It provides an opportunity to include personal messages or send them without.
  • OutboundEngine provides the option to choose which letter or text is sent, not only default.
  • It shows if client and customers open emails as well as click on links.
  • It connects to the current website with an IDX feed rather than the website they created which has none of my listings.
I've only seen this service used with real estate but I also think it would be good for many other fields. They offer referral services to your colleagues, but why would I want my colleagues to use this? They are my competition! Other associates in the insurance, finance or service industries may benefit from appropriate information.
I use OutboundEngine to automatically send email marketing pieces and social media posts to my current and past clients. My primary use today is to obtain and aggregate my Online client reviews
  • Obtain client reviews
  • Provides personal telephone support
  • Increase integration of customer reviews into email messages
  • Increase integration of customer reviews into social media posts
  • Allow me to immediately ask for a review immediately after entering a client's information
I think the platform was great when i first started using it but has become less effective or impactful over time
I currently use OutboundEngine for my follow-up and monthly marketing with all of my present and past clients. OutboundEngine absolutely keeps me on track with my customers and follow up! With a crazy schedule of property management and Real Estate, along with managing agents and day to day schedule changes, Dawn, my OutboundEngine representative keeps me on track with monthly calls to stay on the phone with me and help me reply and interact with the customers engaged with my monthly emails and marketing. I would not be able to manage my customers and receive the repeat referrals without her!
  • Monthly on track phone calls
  • easy rescheduling
  • reminders
Follow-up and continued marketing
December 28, 2022

Points to ponder

Gregg Anderson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Monthly contact with client base via email article campaigns. Without OutboundEngine I would not have a continued article campaign for my data base.
  • Consistency
  • Relevant content
  • Ease of use
  • Video articles
  • more home improvement content
  • Deeper tracking of past clients and their usage of the system
Consistent contact with my data base.
Lorraine Spinogatti | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use OutboundEngine to stay in touch and educate past, current and future clients about the Real Estate market. The content of the emails and the social media posts are professionally written and current. It saves me time not having to search out content to post.
  • Well written articles
  • graphics a re appealing
  • the web site for the client to use to add content or make changes needs improvement
The price is high considering that all is automated. There is no monthly consulting. Any changes are made by me.
December 21, 2022

Extremely Satisfied

Andrea Shields | TrustRadius Reviewer
OutboundEngine handles the marketing for my 2000-plus clients. They prepare newsletters, send out reviews, and request and promote my business on social media. They also keep track of the responses to the marketing and notify me when I need to respond back. Since using this system, my resale business has increased substantially and it keeps my brand in front of my clients through email and social media consistently. It’s the best marketing tool I’ve utilized in my 34 years in this business.
  • Review request.
  • Newsletters.
  • Social media marketing.
  • I’m satisfied.
  • I can't think of anything needed.
They are well suited for marketing newsletters by staying current with what interests buyers and sellers in the Real Estate market.
I have been using OutboundEngine for about 9 years now. I use it for posting newsletters on LinkedIn and Facebook. I would love if it posted to Instagram too. I have had no problems with it.
  • Creating newsletters.
  • Posting newsletters to social media.
  • Managing contacts is a little clunky.
  • I would like to see more social media outlets that it could post to automatically (Instagram, etc.)
  • I would like to be able to post the articles to my website.
I found it worked great for me in real estate with my current customers to stay in contact with me. It is very simple to use. I can't think of anything off-hand that is less appropriate.
As a very small office, I was looking for assistance in providing clean and consistent content to my database and social media. OutboundEngine has been a good fit for those purposes.
  • Consistent content.
  • Relevant content.
  • Easy to add new contacts.
  • Would like a "small office package" vs. needing to add many of the products and use them only sparingly.
  • Regular contact with account reps.
I think it is well suited for most offices and have referred them many times.
Michael Dobbs | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use OutboundEngine to stay in front of clients/referral partners. Outbound Engine automates this process by sending topical emails to both regularly, keeping me on top of mind and freeing up time to focus on other tasks.
  • Creates interesting, easily digestible content for my target audience.
  • Disburses the above content regularly to my contact list.
  • Notifies me of which clients are actively participating in my online marketing mailers and provides a quick and easy way to follow up with each person individually.
  • Perhaps create more interactive content, spurring more of a call to action and keeping clients actively engaged.
I am a mortgage lender, and it is difficult to stay in touch with hundreds of past clients and referral partners on my own. By regularly sending out communication with my name and brand on it, I know that I am making an effort to stay top of mind with each and everyone, without having to spend valuable time creating or sending said content.
OutboundEngine is excellent at providing a Social Media presence; however, their content or campaigns are sub-par. In 10 months, I've had a maximum of 45 impressions on each post and four likes versus my simple un-curated stories that garnered over 200 impressions and 100 likes in less than 24 hours.
  • Consistency
  • Sub-Par content
  • Exposure
  • Visibility
  • Organic Content creation
  • Payment flexibility
  • Customer Service
I gave OutboundEngine a sizeable list of my customers. Due to the near comatose content, none were opened. My simple analysis of my industry received more attention in 24 hours than in 10 months of campaigns.
October 28, 2022

OutboundEngine Review

Customer services and general policies are terrible. I unfortunately signed up. I should have read the fine print but they require six months payment as a cancellation fee. They refuse to cancel account until the fee is paid but the problem is their services were not beneficial. No ability to personalize messages. I tried to cancel several times and have asked for the cancellation invoice and they say they will send it or call me back but never do. In my opinion they are corrupt and instead of focusing on providing a better product, they only want to hide behind policies and extract as much money as they can. Terrible company and completely unethical.
I would award a -10 if possible.
I own a real estate company and I used OutboundEngine's ReadyChat product to support live chat on our website to help capture viable leads (which it did greatly). In April of this year I canceled our email campaign service through OutboundEngine. No bad reasons, just wasn't something I felt was worth it to me after 5+ years using it.
  • lead conversion
  • website chat
  • customer service
  • billing
  • working with accounts that use multiple products from outboundEngine
They made a mistake but took no ownership of that mistake and shut my service off without trying to rectify the issue that they created. I will never recommend them to anyone, ever. At this point, I'll never go back to them. Not after they couldn't take ownership of their mistake and blamed me. Absolutely UNACCEPTABLE!
ABSOLUTE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE! In April of this year I canceled our email campaign service through OutboundEngine. No bad reasons, just wasn't something I felt was worth it to me after 5+ years using it. Fast forward to today (this week), I decided to get a new web vendor for my Real Estate Brokerage. In doing so, the new vendor needed information from our live online chat service we use, ReadyChat (owned by OutboundEngine). I called their customer support to get the widget code so our new vendor could set it up properly. Mind you, I've also had this service for 5+ years and loved it.... Well, when talking with customer support they kept telling me that I canceled my service in April, which I kept trying to explain I only canceled my email marketing through OutboundEngine, not my ReadyChat service. They actually ARGUED with me! I told them the service was still active on my website, so how was it canceled? Then they immediately shut it off.... obviously there's an issue on their end, not mine... Their customer service then puts the blame back on me, saying I should have known I wasn't being charged. However, that's my finance department, I don't handle that stuff- it would have never come to me that we weren't being charged for OutboundEngine because we canceled OutboundEngine... not ReadyChat! After repeated emails back and forth I had enough. They kept putting the blame on me, which I find extremely offensive, saying I didn't take their calls when I canceled my OutboundEngine service. Why would I? I emailed with them to cancel my OutboundEngine service, they did. I thought all was good. There was NEVER ANY MENTION of ReadyChat. NEVER!
Susie Haynes | TrustRadius Reviewer
In my opinion, this company will hold you hostage for the service that they don't perform well. In my experience, the program does not bring any return of investment because they are sending very generic advertising that does not reflect your business - just sending the same pictures and content for everybody. When you want to cancel their service due to underperforming, in my experience, they want to charge you three more months of the service they don't perform. I feel, that's how they make their money, guys! They get you to sign up and charge months that they don't give you that service. Stay away from this scammer! In my opinion, you will be wasting your money. Invest advertising somewhere else!
  • None
  • In my opinion, this company does not generate anything for your business
  • I feel, they are scams
  • No improvement from them
  • In my experience, the Sales person will hard sell and then disappear - you can never contact them again
I would not recommend you spend your hard-earned money on this scammer! In my opinion, you should stay far, far away! In my experience, you will be paying for nothing. Spend on something else that is more useful!
Josh Stimpson | TrustRadius Reviewer
This company was hired to help with social media automation, newsletters, and other marketing for my real estate business.
I feel that they lied about their services. On several initial sales calls, I explicitly told them I was not looking for a company that was going to have the same posts across the industry. For the first post, I signed into LinkedIn and saw that 8 other realtors had shared the same article. They assured me that my content would be original. It was not. When I reached out to customer service they simply set me up on a sales call to try and get me to utilize other aspects of their services. The newsletter. I was told on the front end that it would be highly customizable. It is not. customer service was always rude, and manipulative. They would not do anything to work with me. Just would ignore me for weeks then get some low-level hourly employee to call me with some scripted response to my questions where they would interrupt me all while just repeating the same lines over and over. In my opinion, stay away from this company!
I feel that their customer service is not helpful. They seem to be very rude. On multiple calls, I feel that they would continue to talk over me just repeating the same scripted line over and over again. I feel that they are not helpful at all. I requested several requests to cancel my services after feeling lied to on the initial sales call and I feel that they would never do anything to help.
Don’t waste your money! I signed a 1-year contract for social media posting and a newsletter for clients. social media posting was NOT Original! They “ shared” and used content that had other people's names and advertisements… you could go to any site and share yourself … the newsletters were very simplistic…very poor quality for 160.00 a month. then, when my year was up. I emailed my contract to them to confirm that I had fulfilled my contractual obligation and to make sure they no longer charged my credit card… what do you think happens.. they charged my credit card THAT DAY. I called them to ask why .. they said it’s policy to give a 5-day notice to cancel… I said I didn’t cancel… it was a contract that was fulfilled and I don’t see the 5-day cancellation ( did not cancel) term… he said to look on the Web Site. poor customer service, not one bit concerned that unhappy customer
  • First contact , they were professional. After that… not good
  • That’s it
  • Original content
  • Or at least scrub off advertisements and other names
  • Don’t be sneaky and grab the one more payment after a contractual obligation is fulfilled..saying you need a 5-day cancellation (when I didn’t cancel I fulfilled my entire year of $160 a month)
  • Be more professional when end of contract . They had me chase them around for days…
  • Check in
Would not recommend…at all. Spend your marketing budget elsewhere
April 13, 2022

OutboundEngine Review

Deborah Charron | TrustRadius Reviewer
I feel that they sell themselves very well in the sense that they are full of promises but do not deliver. My social media has suffered with this company and I have lost the following I had. There is no trial period. They lock you in and refuse to cancel you account even if they do not deliver. I believe I made a big mistake signing up with this company.
From my experience, OutboundEngine is only good at sending out newsletters, but don't expect results from them.