OutboundEngine Reviews

Morgan Young profile photo
January 22, 2020

OutboundEngine Review

Even though the price is high, it is much lower than what it would cost to staff a larger marketing team; therefore the ROI is high. There is great customer service with this company and there isn't a lot of time commitment because it's so user-friendly. If I could change one thing, it would be to offer more menu options instead of block packages so I can customize it. However, my organization's experience with OutboundEngine has been overall positive.
  • Return on investment.
  • Communication with clients.
  • More custom packages.
It's great for small businesses that don't have the time and resources to do outreach to clients individually. The customer service from OE is great and they are very accommodating. OE is very well suited to our company because it helps us tailor our content and marketing strategies without taking valuable time away from our executives and management team.
Read Morgan Young's full review
Bruce Elliott profile photo
I was cold-called by the company. As a licensed real estate agent it is pretty easy to find my number. The sales person told me they could increase my online exposure and generate "a ton" of followers and/or new customer inquires by providing useful and timely generated emails to my existing email data base. All I had to do was give them my database contact info, they would then create the emails and I would watch to see who clicked on, followed, inquired, etc. The start-up cost was $545 and $448 a month.

Nobody ever called, emailed or even inquired from the email campaigns. The only followers I ever had were the same existing clients that already followed me. While the content of the service is not bad and perhaps even a necessary evil, the problem arose when I tried to cancel after 6 months of using the service.

I was told on multiple calls from the very beginning the program was a simple pay per month basis and I can cancel anytime. In the beginning, I had multiple emails asking to set up a conference call to provide my email database and get started. Nowhere was anything ever implied, provided, stated or written that I had committed to any long term program. I have had other companies that have a separate person call and confirm what you are signing up for and for how long. I emailed and tried to cancel after 6 months. Beware, someone from the company will call you and attempt to get you to stay on. They will continue to argue and threaten to continue charging your card for up to 1 year. Immediately after hanging up they charged my card for another month! Stay away....desperate people/companies do desperate things!
  • Content.
  • Communication sending out the various email campaigns.
  • Customer service.
  • Truth in what they are selling.
  • If they are good in what they do then they don't need to argue and fight to keep someone from canceling!
  • Very expensive for what you actually get!
I have no scenarios I'd recommend it for. Perhaps the person that has too much money and wishes to exchange a fair amount of it for hope and dreams of an unrealistic outcome for something they only THINK they cannot do on their own. OutboundEngine provides very basic templated emails that are sent out to your own database.

Read Bruce Elliott's full review
OutboundEngine makes my business appear more professional and knowledgeable. It is being used across the whole organization and addresses issues like time management. I am able to ensure that relevant articles appear on my business's web pages and online feeds. It has helped me expand the reach of my business.
  • Helps my business appear polished and professional.
  • Helps me save valuable time that I can use to improve other areas of my company.
  • The price is quite high.
OutboundEngine is a great fit for companies that need better time management strategies and have to cut down on time in certain areas. As a busy executive, I don't always have time to generate content myself and don't have a large team to do it for me. This allows everyone in the company to focus on other tasks and manage their time in a more balanced manner.
MICHELLE RYAN - REALTOR®, ABR®, CLHMS®, GRI, SRS profile photo
I use OutboundEngine to stay connected with my database. I trust OutboundEngine to provide relevant content with an acceptable frequency to my various social media sites. As a real estate agent, they effectively address the need to keep me first of mind with past clients and those I have recently met. This allows me to stay focused on lead generation and networking.
  • Great catch phrases.
  • Offer a wide range of topics within the industry to peak the interest of the various end users, such as, home owner, investor, interior decorator and the like.
  • Good tracking and notification system.
  • Excellent customer service and follow-through.
  • The dashboard is a bit confusing; offer video tutorials.
  • Offer an app for the smartphones and other devices.
Their customer service and offerings keep getting better. I have been with them for nearly 2 years and it has been one of the best investments I made.
Read MICHELLE RYAN - REALTOR®, ABR®, CLHMS®, GRI, SRS's full review
Sara Seely profile photo
I use OutboundEngine to send regular communication to my clients, prospects, and centers of influence. It helps keep my name in front of people who could be clients or could refer clients on a regular basis.
  • Newsletters are well written and have very high quality appearance.
  • Provide data on who is engaging with the emails so that I know who are good candidates to reach out to personally.
  • Very easy onboard experience.
  • Allow me to produce my own content using their template and send to my contact list on their system.
  • Allow me to make small edits to the content before sending out.
I love that the contact list is limited so another advisor cannot start sending the same emails to people already on my list.
Read Sara Seely's full review
Ronda Needham profile photo
OutboundEngine is a life saver for busy realtors. They handle sending first class, relevant postings on social media that pertain to you and your business, plus they offer other services. Their prices are very reasonable as they design everything. They're located in Austin, Texas, and therefore understand the Texas market and what is an appropriate posting relevant to our state, as opposed to some others I've tried that were located in other states and didn't have a clue what was relevant to Texas real estate.
  • Accessible, easy and prompt
  • Knowledgeable of the real estate business
  • Produce relevent content for use by realtors
  • Have great follow up on programs, etc.
Outbound Engine is most appropriate for Texas realtors as their content is relevant to our state, climate, etc., where other providers are located in the North or Northeast and their material isn't appropriate for our climate or mindset.
Read Ronda Needham's full review
Michael Patrick Maloof profile photo
May 10, 2016

social media ninja

I have had the service now since January for email marketing, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. It's a great resource to help build your personal brand. It helps to subconsciously get your name in front of people without being intrusive. Overall goal is to get more customers without constantly beating them down. I am all about building relationships and expand.
  • Keeps your presence in the back of the end users mind month to month
  • Non intrusive
  • Create referral partners
  • Costs less
  • Less junk mail
  • More tools
  • More help to make search engine optimization work in your favor
Outboundengine is a great way to expand your social media presence and it is a great tool to get in front of prospective clients for the future. It's non intrusive and it makes your presence known.
Read Michael Patrick Maloof's full review
James Hoglen profile photo
I use OutboundEngine to help push my social media info out to my database as well as for email campaigns to my customers.
  • OutboundEngine keeps me in front of my clients in a way that I don't have to think about it.
  • They are consistent.
  • The content that they provide is fresh and useable.
  • The service they provide is not over the top in your face.
  • I have not had the chance to experience the cons yet.
I was referred to Outbound Engine through a colleague of mine at a national sales conference. He told me that they took him to the next level. I am just starting out with them, but from the start, I saw results (now it is up to me to capitalize)!!!

Everyone that I have dealt with has been friendly, helpful and supportive. On one of my training calls, the young lady (I believe it was Renata Moran) helping me told me that she was new and was still learning. She told/joked me that the person I had worked with on the last call would be much better and faster being new, she was not as experienced as the others yet. To be honest, this was one of the best things I could have heard, and it spoke to the integrity of the company, and the people that they hire. She could have given the impression that she was a seasoned employee (she knew more than I did about what we were doing). Her honest approach left me with a great feeling. I will definitely recommend OutboundEngine to anyone that I think could benefit!!!
Read James Hoglen's full review

OutboundEngine Scorecard Summary

Mobile optimization (2)
Email deliverability (2)
List management (2)
9.6
Automated sales alerts and tasks (2)
9.6
Social sharing and campaigns (2)

About OutboundEngine

OutboundEngine provides a hands-off way for small business owners to market and grow their business. The product aims to provide small businesses with what big companies have achieved with marketing automation. The service aims to help users keep in touch with clients and prospects with professionally designed, branded campaigns. Benefits include: driving engagement, surfacing warm leads from current contacts, generating referrals and repeat business from their existing contacts, social media advertising to get in front of prospective new customers.

The vendor states that OutboundEngine Users will benefit from:
  • Well crafted campaigns with delivery in mind
  • Industry-relevant content that keeps contacts engaged over time
  • Prescriptive performance metrics delivered via email
  • Prospect generating forms with a clear call to action
  • Done-for-them social advertising