Outreach Reviews

January 22, 2020

Didn't live up to the hype

We are using it to nurture and book leads/create touchpoints within open sales opportunities. Being used largely by the Sales organization (business development and account executives) but also by our customer success team to ensure they remember to follow up at the correct intervals with customers/identify expansion opportunities.
  • Reminders of when tasks are due/being able to prioritize tasks on the home page
  • Metrics for managers
  • Account pages to be able to see all activity for contacts from the same account on one page
  • Ability to sort tasks based on time zone would be a game-changer
  • Better functionality for bulk uploading contacts
  • Interface could be more user-friendly
Well suited if you have hundreds of accounts/contacts to keep in touch with or to manage touchpoints with. Would not be appropriate if you have a small amount of people to keep in contact with.
March 19, 2020

Happy Outreach User

Outreach is heavily used across sales as a way to communicate with our clients. We can get all the information we need through bulk sequencing which saves time and energy and allows us to reach more people at a time than normal emailing or prospecting does. I think it is necessary to have.
  • Communicate with clients
  • Saves time
  • Organized
  • Add attachments
If you have a new product release and need to reach all your clients in one clean sweep, use Outreach! Also if you need templates for your outreach effort it is really easy and straight forward as a template or sequence in the tool. This can also be shared with everyone in your company to use.
October 12, 2019

OUTREACH ROCKS!

Our company uses Outreach to be able to connect with hundreds of people with prewritten templates. The great thing is that it will input their names, titles, etc. to make these emails still feel personal. This system has shortened our sales cycle and improved our reach-out process. I can’t recommend it enough!
  • Mass emails
  • Contact list upload
  • Campaign organization
  • User experience
  • Navigation of site
  • Mobile friendly
Best for sales teams reaching out to many people, but still wanting to come across personal. This allows for A/B testing and great data around opens and what’s working.
Jordan Chen | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 10, 2019

Outreach is definitely solid and useful

Outreach is being used by both my team (client services) as well as my sales teams consisting of sales development reps and director of sales. The way that my team utilizes Outreach is by tracking outbound emails sent to clients, but for the other teams it would be used to track emails sent to prospects. I am able to see if my client has opened and/or read my email and if they've actually responded to my email. It's extremely helpful to know what the status of my outbound email is and then trying to figure out if or why my client isn't responding to me.
  • The integration of syncing to my gmail is great
  • Any other product integration like how it syncs with our Salesforce as well is super helpful
  • Overall, it's UI is pretty intuitive
  • It forces you to log back in quite often, so sometimes when I'm typing an email I'll realize it is not currently synced so then I must refresh every time
It is best for people who send a lot of outbound emails and need reporting and feedback as to the success of their campaigns and/or emails. It is great for teams or people who are client or prospect facing. When I am sending an email to a client regarding on-boarding and I need to schedule a call with them, it's super helpful to know if they actually received my email and if they then read it. After that, it's more of a puzzle of trying to figure out how I can get them to respond to my email and trying to master what works the best for my emails whether that be a subject line, etc...
Read Jordan Chen's full review
Eric Avissar | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 23, 2019

Outreach is a terrible product

We use it for prospecting, contacting prospects and pipeline management. Our sales team uses it to stay organized and reach out to contacts we feel can help grow our business. It is the second most important platform we use here next to SalesForce, and the two are linked closely together.
  • Using local phone numbers to call prospects
  • Letting you know when a prospect has read your email
  • Scheduling deliveries
  • Stop crashing constantly
  • Stop failing to save changes and failing to sync with SalesForce
  • Stop freezing and dropping calls
  • Falsely notifying a faulty internet connection
  • Failing to open and load
  • Being outright unreliable
A product with great potential that was rushed to market.
Read Eric Avissar's full review
Hayden Anderson | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 29, 2019

Outreach is Incredible.

The sales, CS, and marketing teams are using it for mass outreach to our customers, prospects, and partners. It saves a lot of time and generates a lot more activity than doing it all 1by1 would. Great tool for getting in front of a large amount of the right people.
  • Being able to create and track several types of "tasks" is nice, especially when one method isn't getting through to the people we want it to.
  • It saves a lot of time with the "mass create" features when adding large lists of prospects/information. Great tool for getting in front of a large amount of the right people.
  • Sequences are really great, especially when linked with a CRM like Salesforce~ You can see updates happen automatically as new activity takes place with a prospect.
  • It would be nice if we had more freedom when removing prospects from sequences/outreach.
  • They could have a better calling function, with cookies and such to save time.
  • At times it is hard to navigate for new users.
Outreach is amazing for sales and customer success, but may not be necessary for engineering teams. You need to be careful not to overdo it to one given customer or you can get blacklisted, so be tactful in your use. If you create a good sequence, then master and refine it, you will have a lot more interaction from your target audience.
Read Hayden Anderson's full review
Maura Kelly | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 18, 2019

Outreach Review

Outreach is mostly used for sales outreach within our organization. It's a great way to run different series of emails to prospects or clients in various stages of outreach. For me, personally (working with existing clients), it's a way for me to manage all of my contacts, keep track of how many emails have been sent / opened / re-opened (etc.) and a way to set up mass emails to a specific group of people.
  • tracks emails
  • allows me to see who had opened / viewed an email (and how many times)
  • allows me to reach out to multiple people at once with a series of emails that will be sent over a specified period of time
I think this could be used across and organization - from sales to marketing to client services.
Read Maura Kelly's full review
Aaron Davidson | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 28, 2019

Prospecting Automation to Increase Personalization

We used Outreach to identify and email contacts at organizations who we believed would buy our platform. We also automated task creation, followed up on leaderboards, and identified owners of "won" deals. The reporting was similarly important to identify new templates that gained traction and bottle our "lightning".
  • Quickly add prospects to CRM.
  • Automate personal follow-up with required customization.
  • Trigger actions in LinkedIn as well as calls.
  • The links to other CRMs outside of Salesforce is weak.
  • The onboarding was not done well by our standards. Why did I know more than their CSM?
Outreach is a great tool to grow/scale your SDR team. The SDRs who get access to this tool will live in it and the efficiency gains are well worth the investment.
Read Aaron Davidson's full review
Josh Soucy | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 30, 2019

Leveraging Outreach is like sitting right next to your prospect

Our entire sales department uses Outreach. We use Outreach for email automation, templates, success rate tracking, and call automation.
  • Simple to use
  • Easy to set up templates
  • Reliable email tracking
  • Updates could be more real-time. Often times I need to refresh to see the latest open activity.
Outreach is well suited for any high volume sales department. There are many features that can be utilized by different role types whether you are a sales executive or in business development. Outreach is less appropriate for account management roles or organizations with low touch sales needs.
Read Josh Soucy's full review
October 01, 2019

Reaching out with Outreach

We use Outreach primarily on the sales side of our organization. There are roughly 10 of us using it to manage our sales prospect pipelines, help streamline content and messaging and how we are pitching our company to everyone, and also manage & train our sales people to be better reps and close more business.
  • Streamline messaging for all reps
  • Efficiently manage all of our prospecting
  • Good insights on how messaging works
  • Sales manager reporting
  • Leveraging AI to have smarter responses or recommended responses
  • Leveraging AI to tell us when we should or should not send a message automatically
Outreach is definitely well suited for the organizations with 10+ sales reps doing very similar work and tasks. I also feel like it's better suited for organizations that rely heavily on prospecting and outbound sales because Outreach does a great job of streamlining messaging and sales and ensures you're not letting items fall through the cracks.
September 30, 2019

Good tool for enterprise sales org at this price range

Outreach is used by the Global BD team. It ensures that we reach out to all the accounts in a timely and proper fashion, we don't miss follow-ups, and follow a specific cadence.
  • Cadence management and available templates
  • Integration with Salesforce, LinkedIn, Zoom
  • VoIP services for NA
  • UI can be better
  • Pipeline management piece is not good. It's better to get another tool for pipeline
  • Analytics dashboard
Suited for large BD teams where there is a large number of accounts and where you don't have separate tools already in place for pipeline management and VoIP dialer.
Not Suited for smaller teams with a medium budget (especially BD teams that don't close, they don't have the money to consider buying outreach). Even their Essential version is expensive.
August 29, 2019

Perfect email automation for sales development

We use Outreach mainly for sales development where we send emails at scale. Our account executives use it occasionally for prospecting too. We use mainly email automation and email tracking (opens, clicks, responses). It's great for sharing templates and sequences among the team. I'm managing the Sales Development team and don't use it myself, so I rely on their positive feedback and the reporting/managing aspect. I also think Outreach's resources are awesome.
  • Integrate with your own email server. The main reason why we switched email automation is because of deliverability. Outreach sends emails from your own email server, that with branded tracking URLs emails, are less likely to end up in spam folders or being flagged as "marketing." Looks like if you send an email via Outlook.
  • Robust solution. Functionalities work great without technical issues.
  • Integrations are a big plus. Works well with Salesforce and even Drift.
  • No subject line switching within a sequence. It's either a thread with "Re: [..]" or new emails.
In my opinion, it's the best email automation/sales enablement software out there for our purposes. It could use some functionalities other platforms have like pulling in dynamic content from outside sources and subject line variations within a sequence.
August 28, 2019

Outreach is the best out there, highly recommend

Outreach is being used by our entire sales organization to manage tasks and track prospect engagement. It helps our reps to be efficient with their time, manage strategic outreach efforts, and have the context they need when reaching out to the many people we engage with on a day to day basis.
  • Outreach is extremely customizable to fit to any strategic emailing/calling campaign
  • Outreach has a quick and reliable sync with Salesforce
  • Outreach makes it easy to make 100 calls and 100 emails daily
  • Sometimes Outreach settings can be too complex to really know what's happening behind the scenes
  • The sync with Salesforce takes some engineering and thus is slow to change when the reps find a mapping issue
  • Outreach prospect profiles can sometimes be a little "noisy" with information
If there is any kind of outbound sales team, Outreach is vital. It's adept at managing thousands of contacts and bringing a relationship history with each one. Customer Success teams benefit greatly from knowing the history of engagement with prospects as well. If you're strictly B2C, Outreach may not be fully necessary.
September 10, 2019

Outreach is good but it's competitors might be better

We use Outreach for our outbound phone calls, emails, sequences, and tracking people's output and dial numbers/emails/tasks.
  • It is really super great at making sequences with manual or automatic emails!
  • Great at masking our phone numbers as a local number.
  • Great at tracking opens on emails.
  • There is no click to dial function as found in SalesLoft.
  • Parts of the user interface are clunky and takes me off the page I want to be on from time to time.
  • Tracks information on companies but does not always find the right info.
Outreach is fine but I've heard it's more expensive than SalesLoft. SalesLoft does almost everything, if not at least everything Outreach does.
May 16, 2019

Great tool to automate your Outreach and unify messaging at scale

We use Outreach primarily to streamline and automate our outbound sales efforts as a small startup. The business problem it solved was that we previously had no visibility into metrics of who we were reaching out to, as well as no efficient way to run through a list of leads and follow up in a systematic way.
  • The ability to define specific follow-up cadences to ensure your team is doing uniform outreach in order to iterate.
  • Very strong filter settings to find/filter certain types of tasks.
  • Strong sync to Salesforce.
  • Nice Gmail add-on.
  • I would've liked the ability to easily filter out by accounts vs contacts to align with a more account-based sales strategy.
  • Doesn't integrate with Hubspot CRM.
I think Outreach is well suited for scaling companies that need a way to automate and add uniformity to mass outreach efforts. If your team is composed of people doing their own separate efforts and there's no strategy behind it, Outreach is likely less applicable. However, if you have an outbound focused team that's reaching out to a large volume of prospects, Outreach is a great tool to empower those efforts.
August 09, 2019

Great Solution That Helps Organize HOW You Work!

We use it to help automate our emails to potential customers. I work as an ADM in the Sales Organization. Outreach helps us organize our work and helps us to keep up on the people that we have emailed and called. It also helps us take a Account Based approach to our prospecting.
  • It helps to organize what you are doing each day.
  • Does a great job providing organizational charts so you know where the person is within the company.
  • Shows you exactly what you need to do each day.
  • Could do a better job helping to automating the process.
Great for Sales and ADM's
June 07, 2019

Thoroughly vet this product out and ask for customer references prior to purchasing and implementing

Outreach is being used as a sales enablement and email tracking tool.
  • Automatically logs emails and calls into Salesforce
  • Tracks email opens and clicks
  • Automates mass email campaigns
  • Very glitchy
  • Customer service is very slow to respond and resolve issues - I once went 24 hours before getting a response and was then asked to engage in trouble-shooting via email/chat which is very time consuming and frustrating
  • Emails often send with a couple different font styles/sizes and spacing can be distorted from the recipient's view
Good for organizations that want to send out email campaigns on mass basis in a spam like fashion (i.e. invitation to an event, webinars your organization is hosting, new product release, etc.)
Andrea Kamp | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 03, 2018

OutReach Makes It Easier To Sell New Business!

We use OutReach with our Sales team, specifically with our appointment setting team members. OutReach allows them to organize those leads they want to target each day. OutReach enables them to ensurer they are touching those leads at least 8-12 times throughout the sequence, which drastically helps improve our conversion ratios.
  • Helps target specific leads to work each day/week.
  • Keeps our appointment setters organized & tasks created for easy follow-up.
  • We can create specific messaging based on the type of lead we're working.
  • I would love a small pop-up window to show when emails are opened.
  • It would be awesome to be able to grab open time slots from the calendar & incorporate them into a sequence for prospects to choose & auto update the calendar.
Great for outbound efforts as well as for reaching out to existing clients to remain top of mind.
Because OutReach pulls info from Salesforce, sometimes it becomes difficult to address messages to specific people.
Read Andrea Kamp's full review
Arick Christopher | TrustRadius Reviewer

Outreach is an Expansive Prospecting Tool

Outreach is used primarily by our inbound and outbound business development reps. We use it on the outbound side to cold prospect into our targeted companies and on the inbound side to follow up on our marketing leads. Outreach allows us to manage a large volume of prospects and for both teams, while also allowing us access to great reporting functionality. With the tool, we can see exactly how our reps are performing at a very granular level.
  • Outreach integrates well with Domo, which allows us to put together comprehensive reports pulling data from both Salesforce and Outreach.
  • Outreach does a great job of supporting you, by offering a responsive CSM and support team to troubleshoot issues.
  • It doesn't take too much time to onboard new users in the basic functionality of the tool.
  • I would like to see better customization between global rules and team rules. When you manage more than one team in the tool, it can be hard to fine tune the permissions for each team. There are some global settings that I would like to move to the team settings instead to help with this.
  • I would like to see more customization options when it comes to building rulesets and triggers. The addition of time-based triggers would help us out a lot by moving prospects to a certain stage after a certain amount of inactivity.
Outreach works well for any prospecting sales organization. The ability to quickly put together and execute on specific sequences allows your reps to put out a high volume of targeted emails.

I've used the tool as well as a CSM at my last company. While there were features that were useful to me, like the Google Calendar integration, I didn't get the same utility as I would cold or warm prospecting leads as a BDS rep.
Read Arick Christopher's full review
Kiyoshi Kidd | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 21, 2018

The only system your SDR team will ever need

We use Outreach as the main platform for our Sales Development Reps. At least 90% of the company is exclusively in Outreach and the only ones that remain in Salesforce are those that are full cycle sales execs or there are client requirements.

It solves a lot of business issues, among them are the issues with reps wasting time sending emails, researching, planning out their day, losing prospects to the funnel due to poor follow up, email tracking, A/B testing etc. The list goes on and on.
  • Automating emails and using mail merge field to make custom emails
  • A/B Testing
  • Saving time by providing all the necessary data in one spot
  • Process Automation
  • Integration with Salesforce on the Account level could use some refinement
  • The Dialer is not the best but it isn't required.
Outreach is amazing for the SDR role in my experience and it needs an additional CRM at the moment if you work as an Account Exec handling the prospect to the close. It should not be used as a marketing automation alternative.
Read Kiyoshi Kidd's full review
Alex Hudzik | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 22, 2018

Outreach trumps SalesLoft -- and works exactly as advertised

My entire Inside Sales organization uses Outreach as a prospecting tool. It allows us to increase the quality and quantity of our prospecting touches in less overall time.
  • Outreach Voice - I've never had any technical issues with the phone quality or service. Local area codes increases pickup rates too.
  • Sequences - we run our entire business off of these and the flexibility and options here are awesome.
  • Reporting - I gain insights that allow me to strategically direct my team going forward to continuously improve productivity.
  • I'd like to see even more advanced reporting.
Very well-suited for reps who prospect and for high volume. It is less valuable if your reps only handle a handful of opportunities at any given time or if they don't do any prospecting.
Read Alex Hudzik's full review
Jacquelyn Leahy | TrustRadius Reviewer

Weaponize your Pipeline Engine

We use Outreach for our BD, AE, and Success teams.

Primarily, we are using it for cold outreach sequences, and it's made a huge impact on our pipeline creation. We've easily tripled pipeline since implementing 4 months ago, and no other sales engagement platform comes close to the phenomenal visibility and control Outreach offers. Best in class Salesforce integrations, smart OOO auto-detection, and dynamic fields will revolutionize your inside sales game.

As a bonus, onboarding new hires is a cinch because the playbooks are ready to go. My newest hire booked a cold meeting on her first day.
  • Sequences - Organize all the steps you want to take and deploy from one workflow. LinkedIn, Calls, Texts, Emails, and Voicemails all from one platform.
  • Triggers - Automate the ridiculous busy work clogging up your salespeople's lives - I have a trigger that "reads" titles and puts them in the appropriate persona-based sequence. Magic.
  • SFDC bi-directional sync. Seriously better than anything I've seen. So good.
  • Still working out the kinks with LinkedIn Sales Navigator activities.
  • Triggers and Rulesets - powerful but tricky to master. Not for the faint of heart - you'll need someone who wants to embrace Outreach to harness its power.
I ran a team on SalesLoft - it was always crashing and basically the bane of my existence. No control or visibility into what was going on, inconsistent SFDC sync, and abysmal support.

I've used Yesware, ToutApp, InsideSales.com, Contactually... nothing comes close to Outreach.

I think I now bleed purple.
Read Jacquelyn Leahy's full review
Michael Lonsinger | TrustRadius Reviewer

Outreach - The Standard for Sales Automation

Outreach is used by our 2 AEs and 1 SDR. Outreach enables our reps to collaborate on templates for personas, set cadences, and improve our overall outbound process.
  • Outbound Email Sequences. Can create private or shared outbound sequences.
  • Tracking inbound and outbound emails in SFDC. This is a big one for us, I wanted a tool to autolog all emails between a rep and prospect without the rep having to do it manually.
  • Built in reporting
  • There is definitely some up front work with onboarding and implementation. Fortunately Outreach has a great online resource library to address any issues.
Outreach is great for any team that has their ideal target profile figured out. This should be used to send relevant, targeted messages to prospects.

Don't use this tool as a way to just email blast your entire lead database.
Read Michael Lonsinger's full review
John Manuele | TrustRadius Reviewer

Powerful Sales Automation

Outreach is used by the Sales Team (Account Executives, Sales Development Reps, and Product specialists) in both a pre and post sales capacity. It allows users to save time from a communication standpoint.
  • Multi-touch sequencing of sales activity
  • Integration with Salesforce
  • Nice dashboards and reporitng
  • Impressive release schedule
  • Inability to change the order of steps in a sequence if the sequence is active is difficult
Best suited for SDRs that are prospecting new business. Also good for AEs that are working opportunities in their funnel. Beneficial for post-sales engagement with customers. Could be better at tracking social activity and reporting within the tool. Currently, use mainly tasks to track social activity (LinkedIn connection requests).
Read John Manuele's full review
Julie O'Brien | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 21, 2018

Easy tool to increase productivity

Outreach is an easy to use tool that allows account execs to touch multiple accounts quickly and actually tracks activity on sales campaigns.
  • High email volume deliverability
  • Easy targeted campaigns and templates
  • Prospecting made simple
  • Creating bulk sequences, prospects, and tags
  • Sharing prospect information company wide or between account managers
I use Outreach daily in order to keep my pipeline clean and ensure that there is always activity going out to my prospects. In addition, there are helpful notifications for where I should focus my time (tasks, scheduling events, calls, etc). The most time consuming part is actually importing the contact/prospect information that you need, but once that is completed the process is very easy. I also love the email integration to use for quick templates, sequences, and snippets.
Read Julie O'Brien's full review

About Outreach

Outreach is a customer engagement platform that promises to help optimize every interaction throughout the customer lifecycle. The platform manages all customer interactions across email, voice and social, and leverages machine learning to guide reps to take the right actions. Outreach has thousands of customers, including Cloudera, Glassdoor, Pandora, and Zillow.

According to the vendor, the main benefits are:
  • drive predictable and measurable growth
  • increase efficiency and effectiveness of customer-facing teams
  • improve visibility into sales activity and performance.

Outreach Features

Has featureSales Automation
Has featureSales Emails
Has featureAccount-Based Sales
Has featureSales Dialer
Has featureSales Intelligence

Outreach Integrations

Microsoft Exchange, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Twilio SendGrid Email API, Domo, DiscoverOrg, Datanyze, ZoomInfo, Owler, Mapbox, Engagio, DocSend, Crunchbase, Azuqua, Chorus, Highspot, LeadIQ, Salesforce, Gmail, Outlook, Execvision, Darksky, Sendoso, Tray.io, Built.io

Outreach Competitors