https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Ou/hG/BIKFJJFSQ078.JPEGOutreach is an Expansive Prospecting ToolOutreach is used primarily by our inbound and outbound business development reps. We use it on the outbound side to cold prospect into our targeted companies and on the inbound side to follow up on our marketing leads. Outreach allows us to manage a large volume of prospects and for both teams, while also allowing us access to great reporting functionality. With the tool, we can see exactly how our reps are performing at a very granular level.,Outreach integrates well with Domo, which allows us to put together comprehensive reports pulling data from both Salesforce and Outreach. Outreach does a great job of supporting you, by offering a responsive CSM and support team to troubleshoot issues. It doesn't take too much time to onboard new users in the basic functionality of the tool.,I would like to see better customization between global rules and team rules. When you manage more than one team in the tool, it can be hard to fine tune the permissions for each team. There are some global settings that I would like to move to the team settings instead to help with this. I would like to see more customization options when it comes to building rulesets and triggers. The addition of time-based triggers would help us out a lot by moving prospects to a certain stage after a certain amount of inactivity.,8,7,We use the Outreach plugin in Domo to pull reports of call statistics and top of funnel reporting. The plugin allows you to access most of the different data tables within Outreach and pull and join the data accordingly. I would say that Outreach's reporting capability is it's strongest selling point for us.,Visibility has been the best ROI for us. We are able to see what our reps are doing and then we can constantly change our approach until it gets honed in.,Outreach has done a great job of being available whenever we had an issue. From the very beginning, they were supportive in getting our team up to speed, and they took the initiative to set bi-weekly meetings to make sure our needs were met.The only system your SDR team will ever needWe use Outreach as the main platform for our Sales Development Reps. At least 90% of the company is exclusively in Outreach and the only ones that remain in Salesforce are those that are full cycle sales execs or there are client requirements. It solves a lot of business issues, among them are the issues with reps wasting time sending emails, researching, planning out their day, losing prospects to the funnel due to poor follow up, email tracking, A/B testing etc. The list goes on and on.,Automating emails and using mail merge field to make custom emails A/B Testing Saving time by providing all the necessary data in one spot Process Automation,Integration with Salesforce on the Account level could use some refinement The Dialer is not the best but it isn't required.,10,10,We use call and email reports, have smart views built for more detailed reporting (title, industry, etc). There are also heat maps for the best call and email times that comes in handy if you want to plan your day by the hour. The reports that we can create in Outreach meet our needs at the moment. The only suggestion I have for the user is to make sure that the data you want to report exists in Outreach. Sounds like common sense, I know, but you would be surprised at how often I come across an inquiry that requests information or reports that don't exist because the data is imaginary. Also, learn how to use Smart Views to save reports that matter.,Freed up time for Reps Reviews with Clients go smoother with the reporting (easier and more reliable reports within the system) Decreased tech spend by removing users from Salesforce that only needed Outreach,The customer success team has been second to none. I've personally worked with two, Nick and Colette and they have always been there if I had questions and they assisted with training, adoption, implementation, troubleshooting, letting me know what is coming next, etc. They have helped me take our adoption of Outreach as a company to another level and reduce our dependence on other technology.,Salesforce.com and SalesLoft,Salesforce.com, Clicktools, DiscoverOrg, G Suite, Ambition, ZoomInfo, Cloudingo,50,3,Sales Development Email automation Prospect engagement and follow up,It became the primary system for the SDR function Triggers and automation allowed us to reorganize our process Open API has allowed us to integrate with a number of different systems,Fully automated Digital offerings SDR consulting,10,No,10,YesOutreach trumps SalesLoft -- and works exactly as advertisedMy entire Inside Sales organization uses Outreach as a prospecting tool. It allows us to increase the quality and quantity of our prospecting touches in less overall time.,Outreach Voice - I've never had any technical issues with the phone quality or service. Local area codes increases pickup rates too. Sequences - we run our entire business off of these and the flexibility and options here are awesome. Reporting - I gain insights that allow me to strategically direct my team going forward to continuously improve productivity.,I'd like to see even more advanced reporting.,10,9,I report on sequence performance which helps our company make strategic decisions on how different types of marketing leads perform, whether we should spend more time with channel partners, whether we should target one persona over another, etc. etc.,We have seen a significant increase in number of net-new meetings with target accounts.,This is a world-class CSM team. I have a standing bi-weekly meeting with them and they listen, take notes, and come back to me on every question, concern, issue, etc. They truly want to be a strategic part of my business and they are. I couldn't recommend this piece high enough.,SalesLoft,DiscoverOrg, LinkedIn Sales NavigatorWeaponize your Pipeline EngineWe use Outreach for our BD, AE, and Success teams. Primarily, we are using it for cold outreach sequences, and it's made a huge impact on our pipeline creation. We've easily tripled pipeline since implementing 4 months ago, and no other sales engagement platform comes close to the phenomenal visibility and control Outreach offers. Best in class Salesforce integrations, smart OOO auto-detection, and dynamic fields will revolutionize your inside sales game. As a bonus, onboarding new hires is a cinch because the playbooks are ready to go. My newest hire booked a cold meeting on her first day.,Sequences - Organize all the steps you want to take and deploy from one workflow. LinkedIn, Calls, Texts, Emails, and Voicemails all from one platform. Triggers - Automate the ridiculous busy work clogging up your salespeople's lives - I have a trigger that "reads" titles and puts them in the appropriate persona-based sequence. Magic. SFDC bi-directional sync. Seriously better than anything I've seen. So good.,Still working out the kinks with LinkedIn Sales Navigator activities. Triggers and Rulesets - powerful but tricky to master. Not for the faint of heart - you'll need someone who wants to embrace Outreach to harness its power.,10,10,Great dashboards to get a visual overview of what's happening. Nitty-gritty A/B testing in Sequences is super helpful, and you can sort by team, user, or role.,Increased meetings Increased opportunities & pipeline Increased outbound-sourced deals,I love them! Super helpful - they take a little cloudapp movie to show you exactly what to do. They help trouble shoot and save the day on a regular basis.,,Salesforce.com, LinkedIn Sales Navigator,7,1,Business Development AE (Closing) AM (Account Managment & Customer Success),10,Yes,Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Prior Experience with the Product Vendor Reputation Existing Relationship with the Vendor Positive Sales Experience with the VendorOutreach - The Standard for Sales AutomationOutreach is used by our 2 AEs and 1 SDR. Outreach enables our reps to collaborate on templates for personas, set cadences, and improve our overall outbound process.,Outbound Email Sequences. Can create private or shared outbound sequences. Tracking inbound and outbound emails in SFDC. This is a big one for us, I wanted a tool to autolog all emails between a rep and prospect without the rep having to do it manually. Built in reporting,There is definitely some up front work with onboarding and implementation. Fortunately Outreach has a great online resource library to address any issues.,9,9,# Emails Delivered, Opened, Bounced. Email Response Rate, conversion rate Yes, the reports are great,Saving the reps time has been a big one for us. Previously we had used a tool where you needed to upload a .csv file of leads to scheudle a mail merge.,n/a,Yesware
Outreach

Outreach Reviews

Outreach
Filter 276 vetted Outreach reviews and ratings
August 21, 2018

Review: "Outreach is an Expansive Prospecting Tool"

• Outreach integrates well with Domo, which allows us to put together comprehensive reports pulling data from both Salesforce and Outreach.
  • Outreach does a great job of supporting you, by offering a responsive CSM and support team to troubleshoot issues.
  • It doesn't take too much time to onboard new users in the basic functionality of the tool.
  • I would like to see better customization between global rules and team rules. When you manage more than one team in the tool, it can be hard to fine tune the permissions for each team. There are some global settings that I would like to move to the team settings instead to help with this.
  • I would like to see more customization options when it comes to building rulesets and triggers. The addition of time-based triggers would help us out a lot by moving prospects to a certain stage after a certain amount of inactivity.
Outreach works well for any prospecting sales organization. The ability to quickly put together and execute on specific sequences allows your reps to put out a high volume of targeted emails.

I've used the tool as well as a CSM at my last company. While there were features that were useful to me, like the Google Calendar integration, I didn't get the same utility as I would cold or warm prospecting leads as a BDS rep.
Read Arick Christopher's full review
August 21, 2018

Outreach Review: "The only system your SDR team will ever need"

• Automating emails and using mail merge field to make custom emails
  • A/B Testing
  • Saving time by providing all the necessary data in one spot
  • Process Automation
  • Integration with Salesforce on the Account level could use some refinement
  • The Dialer is not the best but it isn't required.
Outreach is amazing for the SDR role in my experience and it needs an additional CRM at the moment if you work as an Account Exec handling the prospect to the close. It should not be used as a marketing automation alternative.
Read Kiyoshi Kidd's full review
August 22, 2018

Review: "Outreach trumps SalesLoft -- and works exactly as advertised"

• Outreach Voice - I've never had any technical issues with the phone quality or service. Local area codes increases pickup rates too.
  • Sequences - we run our entire business off of these and the flexibility and options here are awesome.
  • Reporting - I gain insights that allow me to strategically direct my team going forward to continuously improve productivity.
  • I'd like to see even more advanced reporting.
Very well-suited for reps who prospect and for high volume. It is less valuable if your reps only handle a handful of opportunities at any given time or if they don't do any prospecting.
Read Alex Hudzik's full review
August 21, 2018

Outreach Review: "Weaponize your Pipeline Engine"

We use Outreach for our BD, AE, and Success teams.

• Sequences - Organize all the steps you want to take and deploy from one workflow. LinkedIn, Calls, Texts, Emails, and Voicemails all from one platform.
  • Triggers - Automate the ridiculous busy work clogging up your salespeople's lives - I have a trigger that "reads" titles and puts them in the appropriate persona-based sequence. Magic.
  • SFDC bi-directional sync. Seriously better than anything I've seen. So good.
  • Still working out the kinks with LinkedIn Sales Navigator activities.
  • Triggers and Rulesets - powerful but tricky to master. Not for the faint of heart - you'll need someone who wants to embrace Outreach to harness its power.
I ran a team on SalesLoft - it was always crashing and basically the bane of my existence. No control or visibility into what was going on, inconsistent SFDC sync, and abysmal support.

I've used Yesware, ToutApp, InsideSales.com, Contactually... nothing comes close to Outreach.

I think I now bleed purple.
Read Jacquelyn Leahy's full review
August 21, 2018

Review: "Outreach - The Standard for Sales Automation"

• Outbound Email Sequences. Can create private or shared outbound sequences.
  • Tracking inbound and outbound emails in SFDC. This is a big one for us, I wanted a tool to autolog all emails between a rep and prospect without the rep having to do it manually.
  • Built in reporting
  • There is definitely some up front work with onboarding and implementation. Fortunately Outreach has a great online resource library to address any issues.
Outreach is great for any team that has their ideal target profile figured out. This should be used to send relevant, targeted messages to prospects.

Don't use this tool as a way to just email blast your entire lead database.
Read Michael Lonsinger's full review
August 21, 2018

Outreach Review: "Powerful Sales Automation"

Outreach is used by the Sales Team (Account Executives, Sales Development Reps, and Product specialists) in both a pre and post sales capacity. It allows users to save time from a communication standpoint.
  • Multi-touch sequencing of sales activity
  • Integration with Salesforce
  • Nice dashboards and reporitng
  • Impressive release schedule
  • Inability to change the order of steps in a sequence if the sequence is active is difficult
Best suited for SDRs that are prospecting new business. Also good for AEs that are working opportunities in their funnel. Beneficial for post-sales engagement with customers. Could be better at tracking social activity and reporting within the tool. Currently, use mainly tasks to track social activity (LinkedIn connection requests).
Read John Manuele's full review
August 21, 2018

Outreach Review: "Easy tool to increase productivity"

Outreach is an easy to use tool that allows account execs to touch multiple accounts quickly and actually tracks activity on sales campaigns.
  • High email volume deliverability
  • Easy targeted campaigns and templates
  • Prospecting made simple
  • Creating bulk sequences, prospects, and tags
  • Sharing prospect information company wide or between account managers
I use Outreach daily in order to keep my pipeline clean and ensure that there is always activity going out to my prospects. In addition, there are helpful notifications for where I should focus my time (tasks, scheduling events, calls, etc). The most time consuming part is actually importing the contact/prospect information that you need, but once that is completed the process is very easy. I also love the email integration to use for quick templates, sequences, and snippets.
Read Julie O'Brien's full review
August 21, 2018

Outreach Review: "More Dials, Less Time"

Outreach started in our Business Development Team, then the Sales Team and has now also rolled out to our Customer Success Team. It helps us manage our accounts and develop a strategic plan for prospecting. It is also great to have a more user-friendly place to take notes than Salesforce.
  • Organize daily tasks, calls and email
  • Prioritize your day around responsive prospects
  • Ability to create tasks from outbox
  • Color coded activities
  • Ability to designate and track top 10 accounts
It is great for teams that need a centralized way to organize prospecting.
Read Sarah Marks's full review
March 23, 2018

User Review: "Outreach is building my pipe!"

Outreach is being used by our organization in prospecting for new business as well as to work with current customers and get them to events or do more regular follow ups that would be very hard to find time for without this great tool for customized automation. It enables me to put together as many different types of templated conversations, set someone in them and forget, until the next follow up is due for them. So they never actually get forgotten, but my mind is free to get out and do a whole lot more good.
  • Easy to import into Outreach
  • Easy to build out sequences to use for repeated outreach
  • Easy to set tasks with individuals, very customized
  • When you import new contacts into Outreach, it would be nice if it allowed you to easily upload these into Salesforce, which it says it can do, but I've never found it to work right
  • Would be nice if you could modify the tasks orders in a sequence even after you've put contacts into it
Awesome for reaching out to 100's of people across dozens of companies all at once. Awesome for making sure that all of the warm pipeline you have that needs next steps tasks, can all be easily set and called on all within this one platform. GREAT if you are using Salesforce.
Read Justin Kramer's full review
August 21, 2018

User Review: "Outreach - Simple and Efficient"

From day one, Outreach has been an integral tool that helps me manage my workflow on a day-to-day basis. It structures my tasks and helps to avoid starting friction involved with prospecting as I reach out to potential clients throughout my region. It provides a great way to track details of individual points of communication and any other information found on accounts/prospects.
  • Calls - VOIP works well and reduces the amount of time I spend on tracking calls and moving on to the next call.
  • Ease of use - everything is pretty intuitive. The information is there at your fingertips and if you can't figure something out, there are tutorials to walk you to where you need to go.
  • My daily sales stack requires the structure Outreach provides. Couldn't be as effective without it!
  • I'd like to see data better organized from an account level. When I'm speaking to an individual, I find it useful to see what kind of activity has been completed on a higher, account level, so that I can reference that in the conversation.
I think Outreach is great for every situation where someone is trying to prospect clients. It allows for a large net to be thrown over a large area, but also gives you the ability to customize in a way that feels genuine. When you're trying to get in front of people, no matter how many touches you're shooting for, Outreach can manage your workflow.
May 21, 2018

User Review: "Outreach efficiency"

Outreach is being used primarily by sales development and account executives. Giving the ability to assign tasks and store templates, the tool alleviates the need for constantly referring back to other shared storage spaces which saves many clicks.
  • Ease of use
  • Can be easily integrated across platforms
  • Streamlines the process of prospecting
  • Issues with opting prospects out of emails even if being imported for the first time
  • Sequence/template clean-up could be simpler
  • Issues with VOIP are more frequent than desired
Outreach is well suited for lead-gen teams and sales development teams that are sending a lot of template emails. The functionality will give you the opportunity to stay on track and not let a lead "slip through the cracks".
February 07, 2018

Review: "A Beginner SDR Utilizes Outreach to Manage Success."

Outreach is used by multiple departments at this organization, everyone takes part in sales someway or another so having a tool that can manage communication with clients and prospects is essential. Outreach allows multiple departments to manage their communication efforts to clients and prospective clients.
  • Outreach is excellent at organizing my pipeline communication, in a few clicks I can see a simple overview of my call/email campaign with specific prospects.
  • Outreach does a great job of managing the communication with my prospects, it gives me great insight into how my emails are received on the other end, as well as the ability to add notes onto a call. Takes away the pain of having to review for 10 minutes before every call, review time can be cut down to 30 seconds.
  • From an engineering standpoint, Outreach seems to be easily customized to my team's certain campaign desires. The A/B test feature is also awesome, allows for a quick glance at the success of specific campaigns against each other!
  • The learning curve to Outreach can be difficult unless a team has an Outreach guru some features often go unnoticed.
  • Occasionally calls will drop and recordings are not found, but this happens few times day to day.
  • When campaigns are heavily customized some of the more simple features of Outreach tend to experience issues, for instance when a prospect was marked finished in a sequence, the next day they still received another email or I was tasked to call them once more.
For the number of prospects, I am required to target to increase my success rate, Outreach is an awesome tool that allows me to easily manage a pipeline of 250 targeted touches a week. While email campaigns are extremely customizable, true organic email communication is still best in a separate email client where you have full control over the message.
Read Vladimir Dichter's full review
February 02, 2018

Review: "Make Outreach your tool for Personalization and Automation"

Outreach is being used by our entire sales operation. It helps my team with email and task automation so we can get more done in less time. I also helps with collaboration between users for different sequences that might be working better then others. Additionally, we are using the calendar tool and it has been very helpful.
  • Automation
  • Personalization
  • Flexibility
  • Time Management
  • Opts people out of email automatically if a duplicate email is input
  • Reports aren't overly user-friendly
  • There could be more things that are customizable
If you're going for scale with personalization, Outreach is the tool for you. If all you're going for is scale, you could use any tool for this. I love the custom fields that you can change for each prospect you're reaching out to. It allows us to be more customer centric with our emails.
Read Kristin Garrett's full review
February 02, 2018

Outreach Review: "Very Positive Perspective from an Individual Contributor/Manager"

Outreach is being used by our entire Sales Organization and also parts of the marketing organization. Several hundred employees. Outreach has been a great tool to enable us to reach more contacts efficiently so that it takes fewer employees efforts to be reaching out to more contacts. Email automation is key to having the success in an organization that has so much data and customer touchpoints to be able to offer a best in class service experience. Outreach helps us create more opportunities to fill the pipeline for Account Executives by being able to automate templates and sequences to reach out to the masses.
  • Email automation to scale. Enabling multiple contacts with clients in a short period of time.
  • Customization of Templates/Messaging. How/When/Where emails get sent.
  • Creates a method of accountability to make sure you aren't letting contacts fall through the cracks.
  • More training available on the functionality of available tools within Outreach (e.g. Tags, Prospecting Schedules, etc.).
  • Examples of Templates/Snippets/Sequences.
  • Enabling easier collaboration with Team Mates for sharing and viewing details of conversion on sequences and specific messaging (if shared between team members).
In my department, business development, it is very well suited for us to do our role efficiently so that we can reach the large number of interesting prospects that we have data to support a reason for reaching out. One thing we have to be careful of is that adding a prospect into an automated sequence is very easy and you want to make sure that your messaging is customized enough so that it doesn't come across as an "automated/spam email".
Read Carson Christensen's full review
February 02, 2018

Outreach Review: "The all-in-one sales engagement solution"

Outreach is currently being leveraged by our sales org. The business problems outreach addresses are two-fold, both related to improving efficiency of process and engagement. First, the sales tiles and ability to do emails/calls/tasks allow you live almost entirely inside outreach without having to switch to SFDC or other parts of tech stack. Two, the analytics provided allow for teams to experiment with all kinds of engagement strategies and use metrics to determine best practices.
  • Sales Tiles - relevant events and 1000 foot overview of the prospect and account help keep you up to date as you are going through your daily tasks so you have fresh content and referenceable activity all in one area
  • Task Flow - the fluidity of running through tasks makes it hard not to get them all done, it is a relatively minor feature but helps with process so much
  • Customer Success - Our CSM at Outreach is one of the best I've ever encountered, helping us maximize utility of the entire tool
  • Calendar Feature - could be simplified a bit, and an added ability to sync calendars without the other person having access to a license would be tremendously helpful for setting meetings with multiple stakeholders from internal side
  • Speed - freezes pretty regularly when going through tasks, and always cause the rest of the computer to slow down a bit
Well-suited for scaling engagement processes for development representatives. Great for managing contact inventory more efficiently than inside the CRM. Great for any team that wants to use performance metrics to improve processes.

Not the best for personalized outreach because there is no efficient way to alter content of templates or sequences based on role. Maybe some prescriptive or predictive content abilities would solve this?
Read Zach French's full review
January 30, 2018

User Review: "The Outreach Story"

Outreach is a tool being used by our sales department. Originally it was only the ADRs (inside sales reps) but it has since been extended to our account executives as well. It addresses the ability to engage with a huge number of people while being able to notice small signs like engagement that really help you round bases in a sale. Knowing who has interacted with an email can really shape the direction of a call to follow up on those. The real selling is done via phone but email plays a huge role.
  • Outreach does a great job of creating tasks for really engaged prospects and making sure you don't miss them.
  • Outreach's sequence builder is really intuitive and makes it easy to create quick, custom outreach if you find a good list.
  • Outreach's Chrome plugins are super useful. With salesforce activity history and Gmail access to the templates, it makes it a breeze to see exactly how you've interacted with someone in the past and strategize how you want to continue contact.
  • Outreach's metrics around emails and calls aren't really that useful. The filters aren't intuitive and it makes it hard to really see where your biggest active times are.
  • Filtering prospects in smart filter view are difficult because you can only use one dimension at a time. It would be more useful if you could say filter by SAL, who Bounced, with this many touches or something similar.
  • Outreach tasks vanish after you complete them and are impossible to find again. in my workflow, I like to continue to change the date on a task until it is completed, but in Outreach, you need to remake the same task over and over until it is completed.
  • Not being able to create priority tasks is irksome sometimes. there are people who you want to speak to first in a sequence because they are high priority, but in Outreach, all tasks are treated the same with no prioritization. having a tool for that would be useful.
  • Outreach is well suited to finding a list of people, quickly creating customized sequences to cater to that list, and enact that sequence with positive tracking and task building.
  • Outreach is not well suited to a scenario where you have multiple lists and sequences at once, and one of them is performing better. Finding those tasks to complete first is difficult and manual contact is easier.
Read Clay Scollard's full review
January 29, 2018

Outreach Review: "Excellent Solution for SDR Teams of All Sizes"

We leverage Outreach as our sales engagement software for our sales team, but leverage it for email-based tasks in non-sales departments as well. We have tried every email-based sales software under the sun, and Outreach is by far the best to fit our needs. The UI is very user-friendly, and gives our sales team the bandwidth to focus on the most important activity: closing deals. Outreach is significantly more automated than many we have tried (for example, Pardot), and we see fewer errors in our email campaigns. The reporting is simple, but very clear and helps us draw conclusions.
  • Great UI -- very intuitive, not overwhelming
  • Great Support -- their team is super responsive and resolves issues quickly. They always have the customer's back.
  • Simple enough that our entire team can use it
  • Clear, concise reporting
  • Super scalable -- Outreach has journeyed with us from 5 employees to 50 employees, and I'm confident it will support us at 100 and 500.
  • In some ways, Outreach is the 'Apple' of sales engagement platforms. It's stupid simple to use, yet the functionality is vast and intuitive. That said, if you're looking for a complicated, nuanced solution with infinite functionality, Outreach would not be for you.
  • If you leverage multiple Outreach instances, there's no easy way to aggregate reporting across instances. Most people leverage only 1 instance of Outreach, so this is a problem more specific to my organization.
  • I wish Outreach had more integrations with other software. However, they have had most of the integrations we've needed, and have helped us to identify solutions where integrations don't exist.
Outreach is great for sales teams of all shapes and sizes that are hoping to engage with prospects via email. Whether you're a one-man shop, or a 300 person SDR team, the Outreach platform can work with you. As many of the best features are specific to sales teams, I don't know if I would try and repurpose Outreach as a marketing platform.
Read Emily Muhoberac's full review
January 29, 2018

Outreach Review: "The last sales tool you will ever need."

To my knowledge, Outreach is currently being used by multiple departments in my office. The entire sales team, license renewals team, and marketing team are all utilizing outreach daily. We mainly use it for automated emails. For both cold prospecting, and emails to current clients. In my role, I currently use outreach daily, along with the other account managers.
  • In my opinion, the most useful part of Outreach is the email automation. I am able to load in Excel sheets of hundreds or thousands of contacts and easily sequence them.
  • The creation of sequences is another one of my favorite parts of using Outreach. Instead of having one generic email sent, I add multiple steps and different emails to one sequence. These will send until the client/prospect has responded.
  • In the event that a client/prospect does not respond, outreach can neatly organize all of those contacts and creates follow-up call tasks for each of them. This is automation at its finest.
  • The integration with my Outlook outbox was a bit confusing for me. I am not sure if this is more a problem with Outreach, or just something that needs to be done in a very particular way. Sometimes it seems to un sync on its own and I am not sure why.
  • The integration with Salesforce can at times seem to fail. Sometimes we have overlap with clients we have already emailed, but that may just be due to our error instead of outreaches fault.
  • Inserting variables in sequences can be a bit confusing at first. They have to be exact, or else they will not send correctly to the client.
Outreach is amazing for casting a wide net across clients/prospects. There is no way I would be able to carry out my day to day activities without the use of outreach. Before I would manually call accounts on an excel spreadsheet or with Salesforce and maybe reach 40-80 clients per day. With outreach, the sky is the limit. I can reach thousands of contacts and it is all automated. Now the clients are coming to me instead of the other way around.

One scenario it is not well suited for is the accounts/prospects that you would like to "white glove" or treat with more care and caution. I do not believe email automation is good, and a personal touch is required for these.
Read Ary Kidher's full review
January 26, 2018

User Review: "Outreach is a terrible product"

We use it for prospecting, contacting prospects and pipeline management. Our sales team uses it to stay organized and reach out to contacts we feel can help grow our business. It is the second most important platform we use here next to SalesForce, and the two are linked closely together.
  • Using local phone numbers to call prospects
  • Letting you know when a prospect has read your email
  • Scheduling deliveries
  • Stop crashing constantly
  • Stop failing to save changes and failing to sync with SalesForce
  • Stop freezing and dropping calls
  • Falsely notifying a faulty internet connection
  • Failing to open and load
  • Being outright unreliable
It is well-suited for a sales team that does not care about having a reliable platform. If features are the only thing that's important, Outreach is great. However, the functionality of Outreach is unreliable at best, and horrible at worst. It's a true sales SaaS platform to build business on a regular basis.
Read Eric Avissar's full review
January 26, 2018

User Review: "SalesLoft<Outreach"

The ADR and Account Management team have utilized Outreach. The Sales department utilizes the tool only. Outreach assists us with managing prospects, communicating, following-up and tracking everything on the back end in conjunction with Salesforce, Marketo and Demandbase. It helps address challenges with the organization (follow-ups, notes, etc) and most importantly provides data so we can determine the most effective methods, language and time to reach our prospects.
  • Outreach makes automation easy! It's very simple to set up communication with prospects, deciding when and what message to send depending on the lead type. This saves us tons of time and ensures that we don't let any prospects slip through the cracks. A very powerful tool compared to SalesLoft (which we were using previously)
  • Task management. I love how easy it is to create items, e-mails or calls with prospects. This is a great strength because it not only saves our team a bunch of time but with the reminders and great visibility it ensures that we won't miss anything.
  • Calling. Very intuitive and easy to reach out to prospects via VOIP. Doesn't require a lot of back-end work to set up, or maintenance to keep it running smoothly. It's very helpful to verify information in Salesforce (country code) prior to importing, and amazing that Outreach automatically recognizes--saves us a lot of editing time.
  • API/Integration with SF. We had a difficult time initially with the different fields being pushed and updated on the back-end with Salesforce. It was challenging for our ADR and AE team to log notes and other activities because the profiles were constantly being updated and overwritten.
  • Calling, while very intuitive suffers from some connection difficulty, our lines frequently will be "empty"--prospects cannot hear us but we can hear them, or calls will drop dead for some reason.
  • -When prospects call us back into Outreach, it's nearly impossible to answer the call from the browser--we have to let it go to RingCentral or our direct line. If we answer in the browser the prospects are unable to hear us and we need to call them back.
  • Reporting. Would be nice to see expanded reporting features--like "smart" reporting: highlighting the best times for the team to reach out/send e-mail based on open rates, call connection rate, etc.
  • Using local numbers. I get TONS of wrong numbers calling me. Very disruptive to my workflow and day when the phone is ringing for irrelevant calls.
Outreach is a fantastic tool for any SDR team, or team doing outreach. It communicates really well with Salesforce and is appropriate to use if they are reaching out to cold, or warm leads. At LiquidPlanner, it seemed less efficient and effective for the account management team to use for their campaigns because they involved very personalized messaging and it was time-consuming to constantly edit the messaging.
Read Brandan Chang-Barstow's full review
January 25, 2018

Outreach Review: "more prospects, more touches, more money"

We use outreach to our sales department. At first, we used it to help log prospect calls, but now we've moved into email marketing and have it running the whole operation.
  • Organization - There are, without a doubt, deals that I've made because of the organization Outreach provides. Having all of the prospect's info in one spot helps not lose any notes on them.
  • Calendar Integration/Alerts. Having the desktop notification and the ability to set alerts for high priority tasks make it nearly impossible to miss an important step in closing a lead.
  • Morning Emails - I love the morning emails because it shows me everything I must do that day. From there, I can structure the day to make sure every task is accomplished.
  • Mobile App - I'd love it if I could access Outreach without going to the website. If I was able to pull it from my phone without using an internet browser. That'd be really helpful
  • Searching. I'm still using the shortcuts to searching prospects. It'd be great if there was an easier way without having to put "website:"abcdefg.com*" to search.
  • Notifications. I'd like to get emails, or notifications if certain prospects reach specific steps. For example, if a prospect opens up my email X amount of times, I'd like to get a notification on my phone letting me know, vs finding out only when I search for them the next day
Best suited - prospecting and clients. Anything that requires constant follow-ups, this is amazing for. My deals per year have increased as well as my client retention because of Outreach.

Best suited - mass outreach. When email prospecting, "bulk create" is a gift from above. It saves me so much time. This is also helpful for when I need to tell all clients something quick. I can add them all to a sequence or a mass email to knock it out.

Less Appropriate - very complex sequences. This might be a learning curve for me, but it seems like I can't make sequences too complex. Keeping things as simple as possible with sequences (emails & calls) have worked best for me.
Read DavidLee Martinez's full review
January 16, 2018

User Review: "Outreach is an amazing sales tool!"

Our sales team of 20 uses Outreach. It helps to connect with our remote sales team and keep up with everything each individual rep is doing. It also simplifies our entire sales process.
  • Call tracking - You can view your entire sales team's call activity very easily
  • Email tracking - You can view your entire sales team's email activity
  • Email sequencing - Create custom sequences to ensure your sales process is consistent
  • The soft dialer - Ability to record calls depending on area code, the ability to block numbers altogether
  • Mobile app - Currently using outreach on a mobile device is not a good experience
If you need to create consistency with your existing large sales team or create automation, this is a great tool. It works well with Salesforce and finally with Google calendar. This tool is not designed for large-scale email campaigning. Outreach will make any sort of client/prospect facing more efficient.
Read Erik Pyykonen's full review
January 15, 2018

"Outreach Review"

It is being used by one department (sales) and it addresses outbound and inbound sales tasks, call, and email data. Inbound teams use templates and sequences to respond to leads, and outbound teams use it as a task manager to keep track of ABM marketing initiatives. Some AEs have access to Outreach still but do not lean on it as heavily as the prospecting and inbound teams.
  • Task management on a high level - keeping track of lots of people and seeing activity history
  • Email open rates and understanding location/timing of opens
  • Providing easy access to templates and sequences, especially creating your own.
  • Data manipulation and export: unable to export to excel to analyze data in-depth
  • Detailed task information, such as keeping notes on a prospect, editing tasks that are further than 1 day out, and easily exporting task reports to plan weekly work-flow
  • Dashboard call and email volumes are not correct or easy to understand - data doesn't seem to line up with what is actually being done (which might have to do with marking a task as complete)
  • The new export feature is a mess - it doesn't connect to Salesforce anymore and you have to do it in a new window.
It's well suited for templated or sequences emails, but harder to use as a task management tool for personalized outbound that doesn't rely on sequenced or bulk activity.
Read Carrington Moore's full review
January 11, 2018

Review: "Outreach.io has been a game changer for my team!"

Outreach.io is being used in sales across the company and is the standard tool to assist outbound sales. Outreach helps sales teams stay organized, learn about their prospects, keep in constant communication, and take control of their selling process. Outreach also helps us to collaborate with each other on our various selling processes and gather valuable feedback.
  • Outreach.io does a great job of making it clear where each prospect is in the selling process, and allows you to organize your time based on urgency and importance.
  • Outreach.io has a very smart email scheduling tool that allows you to make your reach outs feel personal and well-suited to your company's purpose, while still saving you time and helping you keep on top of your touch points.
  • Outreach.io offers features like templates and snippits that allow you to easily replicate messaging that you use frequently so that you do not waste time writing the same things over and over.
  • Outreach.io has great progress reporting, allowing you to see how successful an email sequence or template is. This helps you to make educated decisions on your messaging and what you should try next.
  • Outreach.io has a very interesting reporting tool that works well. It allows you to dig into different users, sequences, templates, send times ect. The only issue is that it is not dynamic or flexible right now, and therefore the options are limited to what they allow you to report on.
Outreach.io is a necessary tool for any organization that does inbound or outbound sales, and that does not have a tool in place to help manage touchpoints, email communication and daily tasks. Having a CRM was not enough for us, and Outreach has been a huge compliment to our process; saving us time and effort in almost every scenario. If you do not do any email reach outs or email prospecting whatsoever, this tool may not be as useful, however it still allows you to keep track of prospects and schedule times for phone calls and in-person meetings, so it could still be very effective. The value of being able to organize our time using Outreach has been almost immeasurable.
Read Nichole Ekkert-Vine's full review
January 11, 2018

Review: "Outreach is the Sales Intelligence Tool you should be using"

At ExamSoft our entire Sales team uses Outreach. Our Inside Sales team uses Outreach on a daily basis, while the Outside team uses it less frequently, but both teams have seen the value. The Inside Team sends over 1,000 emails per week through the platform. The Inside Team uses Outreach to send out their weekly campaigns. For instance, we ask that they touch a target vertical that week and they'll use Outreach to create their template and mass email contacts or set up a sequence to email a contact over a few weeks. As we're a small team, Outreach helps us expand our reach easily and efficiently. The platform is extremely user-friendly and gives data and analytics so we can continue to work smarter as a team.
  • Analytics - Outreach keeps track of everything, which we love. I'm able to see how many emails my team is sending out, how their templates and sequences are working as far as open rates, click rates, and reply rates. This helps us make decisions for email campaigns in the future.
  • Customer Service - Outreach has the best customer service out there, hands down! We've had similar tools in the past and one selling point for us was the dedicated account manager and training we received with Outreach. Support is always quick to answer questions and help us solve problems we're facing, while our Account Manager keeps us up-to-date with product updates and overall tips we can use to increase our performance.
  • Sequences - We love using sequences at ExamSoft. Outreach gives users the flexibility to set up sequences by an exact date/time or by the length between activity. These have made the Inside Sales teams' life much easier!
  • The Outlook Web Browser Plug-In - Outlook is a tough platform for companies to integrate with and Outreach has made tons of improvements here over the last year, but I would like to see continued improved with features and functionality. Specifically, a send later function.
  • SalesForce Integration - We've had some issues this year with their SalesForce syncing and have had to make changes to the backend so these would work. Hopefully we've got them all fixed, but I would like to see an easier answer to these integration issues, and hopefully never have to deal with them!
The majority of our use in Outreach is to send mass emails to prospects with the Inside Sales Team. We like the ability to create and share templates and sequences within the team, as well as dive into the data and analytics following campaigns.
Read Paige Peters's full review

About Outreach

Outreach is a customer engagement platform that promises to help optimize every interaction throughout the customer lifecycle. The platform manages all customer interactions across email, voice and social, and leverages machine learning to guide reps to take the right actions. Outreach has thousands of customers, including Cloudera, Glassdoor, Pandora, and Zillow.

According to the vendor, the main benefits are:
  • drive predictable and measurable growth
  • increase efficiency and effectiveness of customer-facing teams
  • improve visibility into sales activity and performance.

Outreach Features

Has featureSales Intelligence

Outreach Videos (2)

Outreach Downloadables

Outreach Integrations

Microsoft Exchange, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, SendGrid Transactional Email, Domo, DiscoverOrg, Datanyze, ZoomInfo, Owler, Mapbox, Engagio, DocSend, Crunchbase, Azuqua, Chorus, Highspot, Salesforce, Gmail, Outlook, LeadIQ, Execvision, Darksky, Sendoso, Tray.io, Built.io

Outreach Competitors