https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Ou/hG/BIKFJJFSQ078.JPEGA Beginner SDR Utilizes Outreach to Manage Success.Outreach is used by multiple departments at this organization, everyone takes part in sales someway or another so having a tool that can manage communication with clients and prospects is essential. Outreach allows multiple departments to manage their communication efforts to clients and prospective clients.,Outreach is excellent at organizing my pipeline communication, in a few clicks I can see a simple overview of my call/email campaign with specific prospects. Outreach does a great job of managing the communication with my prospects, it gives me great insight into how my emails are received on the other end, as well as the ability to add notes onto a call. Takes away the pain of having to review for 10 minutes before every call, review time can be cut down to 30 seconds. From an engineering standpoint, Outreach seems to be easily customized to my team's certain campaign desires. The A/B test feature is also awesome, allows for a quick glance at the success of specific campaigns against each other!,The learning curve to Outreach can be difficult unless a team has an Outreach guru some features often go unnoticed. Occasionally calls will drop and recordings are not found, but this happens few times day to day. When campaigns are heavily customized some of the more simple features of Outreach tend to experience issues, for instance when a prospect was marked finished in a sequence, the next day they still received another email or I was tasked to call them once more.,9,9,I am limited to what types of reports I can run individually, however, managers and engineering teams can easily run reports to compare the success of certain campaigns. These reports offer key insight into how well a sales team is doing because Outreach managed the direct communication with prospects, our insight needs are often met.,Unfortunately I don't have access to the type of hard numbers people would love to see but I know for fact that the adoption of Outreach at my organization has aided in increased revenue.,The customer success team always responds in a professional, helpful and timely manner. Often the Outreach Gurus at my organization are away from their desk and communication with your assigned rep is always an easy solution. There always going to be a Guru on hand to learn from, the CST reps allow you to take the learning into your own hands.,,HunterMake Outreach your tool for Personalization and AutomationOutreach is being used by our entire sales operation. It helps my team with email and task automation so we can get more done in less time. I also helps with collaboration between users for different sequences that might be working better then others. Additionally, we are using the calendar tool and it has been very helpful.,Automation Personalization Flexibility Time Management,Opts people out of email automatically if a duplicate email is input Reports aren't overly user-friendly There could be more things that are customizable,9,10,I look at my overall stats as well as look at my team's stats so that I can understand where I'm falling short and where I could change up my technique to better help the people I'm reaching out to. My goal is to get the best response rates and using the reports allows me to see my success.,Increased meetings Increased pipeline Increased time,They have been very helpful. Recently, I changed orgs and had to get a different seat in Outreach. There were a few hiccups, but I was connected to someone in no time and my problem was handled. I feel like they are on an even playing field with most other support teams I've come across in the past.,Yesware,LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Alexa, Advanced Web Ranking, ClearbitVery Positive Perspective from an Individual Contributor/ManagerOutreach is being used by our entire Sales Organization and also parts of the marketing organization. Several hundred employees. Outreach has been a great tool to enable us to reach more contacts efficiently so that it takes fewer employees efforts to be reaching out to more contacts. Email automation is key to having the success in an organization that has so much data and customer touchpoints to be able to offer a best in class service experience. Outreach helps us create more opportunities to fill the pipeline for Account Executives by being able to automate templates and sequences to reach out to the masses.,Email automation to scale. Enabling multiple contacts with clients in a short period of time. Customization of Templates/Messaging. How/When/Where emails get sent. Creates a method of accountability to make sure you aren't letting contacts fall through the cracks.,More training available on the functionality of available tools within Outreach (e.g. Tags, Prospecting Schedules, etc.). Examples of Templates/Snippets/Sequences. Enabling easier collaboration with Team Mates for sharing and viewing details of conversion on sequences and specific messaging (if shared between team members).,10,10,I run reports based on users' analytics, how many contacts are being made daily via email, call, etc. This helps managers and up to have perfect visibility into the inputs of our contributors to make sure that we are hitting the numbers we need to generate revenue for the rest of pipeline. Outreach also accepts reports exported from our CRM into a CSV format and that makes it quite easy to add a mass sequence when it makes sense.,Our organization has seen a great ROI from this tool due most in part of the visibility it gives our leaders to view the number of outputs (e.g. Calls, Emails, etc.). There is a fast ramping period with Outreach, so new users are able to get up and going right away and start utilizing it. Some onboarding videos from Outreach to walk a new user through the ins-and-outs of the tool if they haven't used them would be really nice because management in a high growth company isn't always available for little questions throughout a day.,I personally haven't met with the Outreach CSM team, but I know that our company Admins have worked with them and have been able to receive help quickly on any roadblocks we had been having, and I know that adoption hasn't been an issue because it has been made a mandatory part of the Sales Org's daily tools.,,Salesforce App Cloud, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, SlackThe all-in-one sales engagement solutionOutreach is currently being leveraged by our sales org. The business problems outreach addresses are two-fold, both related to improving efficiency of process and engagement. First, the sales tiles and ability to do emails/calls/tasks allow you live almost entirely inside outreach without having to switch to SFDC or other parts of tech stack. Two, the analytics provided allow for teams to experiment with all kinds of engagement strategies and use metrics to determine best practices.,Sales Tiles - relevant events and 1000 foot overview of the prospect and account help keep you up to date as you are going through your daily tasks so you have fresh content and referenceable activity all in one area Task Flow - the fluidity of running through tasks makes it hard not to get them all done, it is a relatively minor feature but helps with process so much Customer Success - Our CSM at Outreach is one of the best I've ever encountered, helping us maximize utility of the entire tool,Calendar Feature - could be simplified a bit, and an added ability to sync calendars without the other person having access to a license would be tremendously helpful for setting meetings with multiple stakeholders from internal side Speed - freezes pretty regularly when going through tasks, and always cause the rest of the computer to slow down a bit,10,9,I am not generating a ton of reports, but rather comparing my own custom campaign and templates to each other as far as open rates and click throughs.,Positive - any process oriented role will see a huge benefit in the form of reaching out to more people more often with consistent and relevant messaging Positive - conversion rate has increased due to the above,Our CSM is a rockstar, super personable and knowledgeable. Never had CS of this quality with any other product.,SalesLoft,DiscoverOrg, Slack, LinkedIn Sales NavigatorThe only system your SDR team will ever needWe use Outreach as the main platform for our Sales Development Reps. At least 90% of the company is exclusively in Outreach and the only ones that remain in Salesforce are those that are full cycle sales execs or there are client requirements. It solves a lot of business issues, among them are the issues with reps wasting time sending emails, researching, planning out their day, losing prospects to the funnel due to poor follow up, email tracking, A/B testing etc. The list goes on and on.,Automating emails and using mail merge field to make custom emails A/B Testing Saving time by providing all the necessary data in one spot Process Automation,Integration with Salesforce on the Account level could use some refinement The DIaler is not the best but it isn't required If you use the dialer, I would recommend an alternate line for callbacks as there is no voicemail or call waiting,10,10,We use call and email reports, have smart views built for more detailed reporting (title, industry, etc). There are also heat maps for the best call and email times that comes in handy if you want to plan your day by the hour. The reports that we can create in Outreach meet our needs at the moment. The only suggestion I have for the user is to make sure that the data you want to report exists in Outreach. Sounds like common sense, I know, but you would be surprised at how often I come across an inquiry that requests information or reports that don't exist because the data is imaginary. Also, learn how to use Smart Views to save reports that matter.,Freed up time for Reps Reviews with Clients go smoother with the reporting (easier and more reliable reports within the system) Decreased tech spend by removing users from Salesforce that only needed Outreach,The customer success team has been second to none. I've personally worked with two, Nick and Colette and they have always been there if I had questions and they assisted with training, adoption, implementation, troubleshooting, letting me know what is coming next, etc. They have helped me take our adoption of Outreach as a company to another level and reduce our dependence on other technology.,Salesforce.com,Salesforce.com, Clicktools, DiscoverOrg, G Suite, Ambition, ZoomInfo, Cloudingo,50,3,Sales Development Email automation Prospect engagement and follow up,It became the primary system for the SDR function Triggers and automation allowed us to reorganize our process Open API has allowed us to integrate with a number of different systems,Fully automated Digital offerings SDR consulting,10,No,10,Yes
Outreach

Outreach Reviews

Outreach
Filter 258 vetted Outreach reviews and ratings
February 07, 2018

Review: "A Beginner SDR Utilizes Outreach to Manage Success."

• Outreach is excellent at organizing my pipeline communication, in a few clicks I can see a simple overview of my call/email campaign with specific prospects.
  • Outreach does a great job of managing the communication with my prospects, it gives me great insight into how my emails are received on the other end, as well as the ability to add notes onto a call. Takes away the pain of having to review for 10 minutes before every call, review time can be cut down to 30 seconds.
  • From an engineering standpoint, Outreach seems to be easily customized to my team's certain campaign desires. The A/B test feature is also awesome, allows for a quick glance at the success of specific campaigns against each other!
  • The learning curve to Outreach can be difficult unless a team has an Outreach guru some features often go unnoticed.
  • Occasionally calls will drop and recordings are not found, but this happens few times day to day.
  • When campaigns are heavily customized some of the more simple features of Outreach tend to experience issues, for instance when a prospect was marked finished in a sequence, the next day they still received another email or I was tasked to call them once more.
For the number of prospects, I am required to target to increase my success rate, Outreach is an awesome tool that allows me to easily manage a pipeline of 250 targeted touches a week. While email campaigns are extremely customizable, true organic email communication is still best in a separate email client where you have full control over the message.
Read Vladimir Dichter's full review
February 02, 2018

Review: "Make Outreach your tool for Personalization and Automation"

• Automation
  • Personalization
  • Flexibility
  • Time Management
  • Opts people out of email automatically if a duplicate email is input
  • Reports aren't overly user-friendly
  • There could be more things that are customizable
If you're going for scale with personalization, Outreach is the tool for you. If all you're going for is scale, you could use any tool for this. I love the custom fields that you can change for each prospect you're reaching out to. It allows us to be more customer centric with our emails.
Read Kristin Garrett's full review
February 02, 2018

Outreach Review: "Very Positive Perspective from an Individual Contributor/Manager"

• Email automation to scale. Enabling multiple contacts with clients in a short period of time.
  • Customization of Templates/Messaging. How/When/Where emails get sent.
  • Creates a method of accountability to make sure you aren't letting contacts fall through the cracks.
  • More training available on the functionality of available tools within Outreach (e.g. Tags, Prospecting Schedules, etc.).
  • Examples of Templates/Snippets/Sequences.
  • Enabling easier collaboration with Team Mates for sharing and viewing details of conversion on sequences and specific messaging (if shared between team members).
In my department, business development, it is very well suited for us to do our role efficiently so that we can reach the large number of interesting prospects that we have data to support a reason for reaching out. One thing we have to be careful of is that adding a prospect into an automated sequence is very easy and you want to make sure that your messaging is customized enough so that it doesn't come across as an "automated/spam email".
Read Carson Christensen's full review
February 02, 2018

Outreach Review: "The all-in-one sales engagement solution"

• Sales Tiles - relevant events and 1000 foot overview of the prospect and account help keep you up to date as you are going through your daily tasks so you have fresh content and referenceable activity all in one area
  • Task Flow - the fluidity of running through tasks makes it hard not to get them all done, it is a relatively minor feature but helps with process so much
  • Customer Success - Our CSM at Outreach is one of the best I've ever encountered, helping us maximize utility of the entire tool
  • Calendar Feature - could be simplified a bit, and an added ability to sync calendars without the other person having access to a license would be tremendously helpful for setting meetings with multiple stakeholders from internal side
  • Speed - freezes pretty regularly when going through tasks, and always cause the rest of the computer to slow down a bit
Well-suited for scaling engagement processes for development representatives. Great for managing contact inventory more efficiently than inside the CRM. Great for any team that wants to use performance metrics to improve processes.

Not the best for personalized outreach because there is no efficient way to alter content of templates or sequences based on role. Maybe some prescriptive or predictive content abilities would solve this?
Read Zach French's full review
January 30, 2018

Outreach Review: "The only system your SDR team will ever need"

• Automating emails and using mail merge field to make custom emails
  • A/B Testing
  • Saving time by providing all the necessary data in one spot
  • Process Automation
  • Integration with Salesforce on the Account level could use some refinement
  • The DIaler is not the best but it isn't required
  • If you use the dialer, I would recommend an alternate line for callbacks as there is no voicemail or call waiting
Outreach is amazing for the SDR role in my experience and it needs an additional CRM at the moment if you work as an Account Exec handling the prospect to the close. It should not be used as a marketing automation alternative.
Read Kiyoshi Kidd's full review
January 30, 2018

User Review: "The Outreach Story"

Outreach is a tool being used by our sales department. Originally it was only the ADRs (inside sales reps) but it has since been extended to our account executives as well. It addresses the ability to engage with a huge number of people while being able to notice small signs like engagement that really help you round bases in a sale. Knowing who has interacted with an email can really shape the direction of a call to follow up on those. The real selling is done via phone but email plays a huge role.
  • Outreach does a great job of creating tasks for really engaged prospects and making sure you don't miss them.
  • Outreach's sequence builder is really intuitive and makes it easy to create quick, custom outreach if you find a good list.
  • Outreach's Chrome plugins are super useful. With salesforce activity history and Gmail access to the templates, it makes it a breeze to see exactly how you've interacted with someone in the past and strategize how you want to continue contact.
  • Outreach's metrics around emails and calls aren't really that useful. The filters aren't intuitive and it makes it hard to really see where your biggest active times are.
  • Filtering prospects in smart filter view are difficult because you can only use one dimension at a time. It would be more useful if you could say filter by SAL, who Bounced, with this many touches or something similar.
  • Outreach tasks vanish after you complete them and are impossible to find again. in my workflow, I like to continue to change the date on a task until it is completed, but in Outreach, you need to remake the same task over and over until it is completed.
  • Not being able to create priority tasks is irksome sometimes. there are people who you want to speak to first in a sequence because they are high priority, but in Outreach, all tasks are treated the same with no prioritization. having a tool for that would be useful.
  • Outreach is well suited to finding a list of people, quickly creating customized sequences to cater to that list, and enact that sequence with positive tracking and task building.
  • Outreach is not well suited to a scenario where you have multiple lists and sequences at once, and one of them is performing better. Finding those tasks to complete first is difficult and manual contact is easier.
Read Clay Scollard's full review
January 29, 2018

Outreach Review: "Excellent Solution for SDR Teams of All Sizes"

We leverage Outreach as our sales engagement software for our sales team, but leverage it for email-based tasks in non-sales departments as well. We have tried every email-based sales software under the sun, and Outreach is by far the best to fit our needs. The UI is very user-friendly, and gives our sales team the bandwidth to focus on the most important activity: closing deals. Outreach is significantly more automated than many we have tried (for example, Pardot), and we see fewer errors in our email campaigns. The reporting is simple, but very clear and helps us draw conclusions.
  • Great UI -- very intuitive, not overwhelming
  • Great Support -- their team is super responsive and resolves issues quickly. They always have the customer's back.
  • Simple enough that our entire team can use it
  • Clear, concise reporting
  • Super scalable -- Outreach has journeyed with us from 5 employees to 50 employees, and I'm confident it will support us at 100 and 500.
  • In some ways, Outreach is the 'Apple' of sales engagement platforms. It's stupid simple to use, yet the functionality is vast and intuitive. That said, if you're looking for a complicated, nuanced solution with infinite functionality, Outreach would not be for you.
  • If you leverage multiple Outreach instances, there's no easy way to aggregate reporting across instances. Most people leverage only 1 instance of Outreach, so this is a problem more specific to my organization.
  • I wish Outreach had more integrations with other software. However, they have had most of the integrations we've needed, and have helped us to identify solutions where integrations don't exist.
Outreach is great for sales teams of all shapes and sizes that are hoping to engage with prospects via email. Whether you're a one-man shop, or a 300 person SDR team, the Outreach platform can work with you. As many of the best features are specific to sales teams, I don't know if I would try and repurpose Outreach as a marketing platform.
Read Emily Muhoberac's full review
January 29, 2018

Outreach Review: "The last sales tool you will ever need."

To my knowledge, Outreach is currently being used by multiple departments in my office. The entire sales team, license renewals team, and marketing team are all utilizing outreach daily. We mainly use it for automated emails. For both cold prospecting, and emails to current clients. In my role, I currently use outreach daily, along with the other account managers.
  • In my opinion, the most useful part of Outreach is the email automation. I am able to load in Excel sheets of hundreds or thousands of contacts and easily sequence them.
  • The creation of sequences is another one of my favorite parts of using Outreach. Instead of having one generic email sent, I add multiple steps and different emails to one sequence. These will send until the client/prospect has responded.
  • In the event that a client/prospect does not respond, outreach can neatly organize all of those contacts and creates follow-up call tasks for each of them. This is automation at its finest.
  • The integration with my Outlook outbox was a bit confusing for me. I am not sure if this is more a problem with Outreach, or just something that needs to be done in a very particular way. Sometimes it seems to un sync on its own and I am not sure why.
  • The integration with Salesforce can at times seem to fail. Sometimes we have overlap with clients we have already emailed, but that may just be due to our error instead of outreaches fault.
  • Inserting variables in sequences can be a bit confusing at first. They have to be exact, or else they will not send correctly to the client.
Outreach is amazing for casting a wide net across clients/prospects. There is no way I would be able to carry out my day to day activities without the use of outreach. Before I would manually call accounts on an excel spreadsheet or with Salesforce and maybe reach 40-80 clients per day. With outreach, the sky is the limit. I can reach thousands of contacts and it is all automated. Now the clients are coming to me instead of the other way around.

One scenario it is not well suited for is the accounts/prospects that you would like to "white glove" or treat with more care and caution. I do not believe email automation is good, and a personal touch is required for these.
Read Ary Kidher's full review
January 26, 2018

User Review: "Outreach is a terrible product"

We use it for prospecting, contacting prospects and pipeline management. Our sales team uses it to stay organized and reach out to contacts we feel can help grow our business. It is the second most important platform we use here next to SalesForce, and the two are linked closely together.
  • Using local phone numbers to call prospects
  • Letting you know when a prospect has read your email
  • Scheduling deliveries
  • Stop crashing constantly
  • Stop failing to save changes and failing to sync with SalesForce
  • Stop freezing and dropping calls
  • Falsely notifying a faulty internet connection
  • Failing to open and load
  • Being outright unreliable
It is well-suited for a sales team that does not care about having a reliable platform. If features are the only thing that's important, Outreach is great. However, the functionality of Outreach is unreliable at best, and horrible at worst. It's a true sales SaaS platform to build business on a regular basis.
Read Eric Avissar's full review
January 26, 2018

User Review: "SalesLoft<Outreach"

The ADR and Account Management team have utilized Outreach. The Sales department utilizes the tool only. Outreach assists us with managing prospects, communicating, following-up and tracking everything on the back end in conjunction with Salesforce, Marketo and Demandbase. It helps address challenges with the organization (follow-ups, notes, etc) and most importantly provides data so we can determine the most effective methods, language and time to reach our prospects.
  • Outreach makes automation easy! It's very simple to set up communication with prospects, deciding when and what message to send depending on the lead type. This saves us tons of time and ensures that we don't let any prospects slip through the cracks. A very powerful tool compared to SalesLoft (which we were using previously)
  • Task management. I love how easy it is to create items, e-mails or calls with prospects. This is a great strength because it not only saves our team a bunch of time but with the reminders and great visibility it ensures that we won't miss anything.
  • Calling. Very intuitive and easy to reach out to prospects via VOIP. Doesn't require a lot of back-end work to set up, or maintenance to keep it running smoothly. It's very helpful to verify information in Salesforce (country code) prior to importing, and amazing that Outreach automatically recognizes--saves us a lot of editing time.
  • API/Integration with SF. We had a difficult time initially with the different fields being pushed and updated on the back-end with Salesforce. It was challenging for our ADR and AE team to log notes and other activities because the profiles were constantly being updated and overwritten.
  • Calling, while very intuitive suffers from some connection difficulty, our lines frequently will be "empty"--prospects cannot hear us but we can hear them, or calls will drop dead for some reason.
  • -When prospects call us back into Outreach, it's nearly impossible to answer the call from the browser--we have to let it go to RingCentral or our direct line. If we answer in the browser the prospects are unable to hear us and we need to call them back.
  • Reporting. Would be nice to see expanded reporting features--like "smart" reporting: highlighting the best times for the team to reach out/send e-mail based on open rates, call connection rate, etc.
  • Using local numbers. I get TONS of wrong numbers calling me. Very disruptive to my workflow and day when the phone is ringing for irrelevant calls.
Outreach is a fantastic tool for any SDR team, or team doing outreach. It communicates really well with Salesforce and is appropriate to use if they are reaching out to cold, or warm leads. At LiquidPlanner, it seemed less efficient and effective for the account management team to use for their campaigns because they involved very personalized messaging and it was time-consuming to constantly edit the messaging.
Read Brandan Chang-Barstow's full review
January 25, 2018

Outreach Review: "more prospects, more touches, more money"

We use outreach to our sales department. At first, we used it to help log prospect calls, but now we've moved into email marketing and have it running the whole operation.
  • Organization - There are, without a doubt, deals that I've made because of the organization Outreach provides. Having all of the prospect's info in one spot helps not lose any notes on them.
  • Calendar Integration/Alerts. Having the desktop notification and the ability to set alerts for high priority tasks make it nearly impossible to miss an important step in closing a lead.
  • Morning Emails - I love the morning emails because it shows me everything I must do that day. From there, I can structure the day to make sure every task is accomplished.
  • Mobile App - I'd love it if I could access Outreach without going to the website. If I was able to pull it from my phone without using an internet browser. That'd be really helpful
  • Searching. I'm still using the shortcuts to searching prospects. It'd be great if there was an easier way without having to put "website:"abcdefg.com*" to search.
  • Notifications. I'd like to get emails, or notifications if certain prospects reach specific steps. For example, if a prospect opens up my email X amount of times, I'd like to get a notification on my phone letting me know, vs finding out only when I search for them the next day
Best suited - prospecting and clients. Anything that requires constant follow-ups, this is amazing for. My deals per year have increased as well as my client retention because of Outreach.

Best suited - mass outreach. When email prospecting, "bulk create" is a gift from above. It saves me so much time. This is also helpful for when I need to tell all clients something quick. I can add them all to a sequence or a mass email to knock it out.

Less Appropriate - very complex sequences. This might be a learning curve for me, but it seems like I can't make sequences too complex. Keeping things as simple as possible with sequences (emails & calls) have worked best for me.
Read DavidLee Martinez's full review
March 23, 2018

User Review: "Outreach is building my pipe!"

Outreach is being used by our organization in prospecting for new business as well as to work with current customers and get them to events or do more regular follow ups that would be very hard to find time for without this great tool for customized automation. It enables me to put together as many different types of templated conversations, set someone in them and forget, until the next follow up is due for them. So they never actually get forgotten, but my mind is free to get out and do a whole lot more good.
  • Easy to import into Outreach
  • Easy to build out sequences to use for repeated outreach
  • Easy to set tasks with individuals, very customized
  • When you import new contacts into Outreach, it would be nice if it allowed you to easily upload these into Salesforce, which it says it can do, but I've never found it to work right
  • Would be nice if you could modify the tasks orders in a sequence even after you've put contacts into it
Awesome for reaching out to 100's of people across dozens of companies all at once. Awesome for making sure that all of the warm pipeline you have that needs next steps tasks, can all be easily set and called on all within this one platform. GREAT if you are using Salesforce.
Read Justin Kramer's full review
March 01, 2018

Outreach Review: "Increase Production and Efficiency"

I found that outreach was a terrific tool to automate the sales process of reaching out and increase the production of the members of the sales team. With the sequences within outreach, you are able to completely streamline activities so nothing goes by the wayside. I recommend for anybody interested in trying to increase the efficiency of the business and sales team.
  • Creating an automated outreach path
  • Create different personas
  • Lets you automatically send emails
  • House templates
  • Google Chrome extension needs significant improvement
  • Can't always see when someone see's your email
  • Take back some restrictions within sequences
Outreach is suited for someone that works in an organization where the marketing team does not contribute much to your lead generation efforts. Outreach gives you the ability to add prospects that you have found and push out dozens of materials. A sales person that isn't doing a lot of outreach would not need the tool.
Read Jordan Turner's full review
February 20, 2018

"Outreach Review"

Outreach is being used by the customer success department at Asana for all customer email outreach whether scheduled or manual.
  • Support is great.
  • Blockers put in place to reduce customer frustration with emails such as - unsubscribed, recent touchpoints or repeated touchpoints.
  • UI is a little confusing, I definitely struggled with on-boarding.
  • Sharing and collaborating with your team feels like it should be easier.
  • I feel like there are hidden features that I wish were better explained in the product - ex: snippets.
  • Having to log everyone as prospects first and then sending emails feels tedious - why can't I send an email to a list of email addresses?
Well suited: Scheduling multiple follow up emails, scheduling emails in the future, bulk emails, templates
Not suited: Our use case is pretty straightforward, I don't think we are pushing the limits of the tool in a way that it isn't suited for
Read Tatiana Armstrong's full review
February 06, 2018

Outreach: "Not another SDR review"

- For e-mail prospecting
- Helps to organize our daily outreaches to prospects
  • Create different sequences, Use of snippets + share best practices between colleagues based on what others use and what is successful
  • Analytics (views + clicks)
  • E-mail integration (gmail)
  • Calendar integration (possibility for tasks to pop up in google calendar)
  • Flexibility in the workflow (more manageable overview of tasks,)
  • Auto-populate when capturing profile from Linkedin (lose so much time with manually typing in info)
  • More variation on manual task (choose specific categories: LI e-mail // LI- FUP // webinar invite // phone call // ...)
Great for tracking the behavior of prospects, crucial to our success as DRs. Flexibility & efficiency thanks to gmail integration. Scale best practices (sequences, snippets, templates,..).
Read Margaux Bouckaert's full review
February 05, 2018

Review: "Outreach the best time saver and most effective email tool available"

Outreach is being used by our sales development team and sales team to do outreach on a larger scale and to align and track analytics for our managers to see and evaluate activities.
  • Email tracking
  • Organising the pipeline, see where your prospects are in the stage
  • Mass outreach, but with possibilities to personalize the messages
  • Email finder functionality, automatically find email adresses to the prospect
  • Automatically give alerts when person has visited our website to looked up information....similar to the Engagio tool
If you have a large CRM list that you would reach out to with a similar message you can easily create sequences to send them multiple messages in a specific time frame. Additionally, you can track replies, openings and much more. It is a huge time saver in your day to day work.
Read Reinier Martens's full review
February 02, 2018

User Review: "Reach out with Outreach!"

We use Outreach to make calls and sequence prospects. It is also used by our marketing research team to gather prospects. I also use it to keep track of tasks and queues. I like the fact that it can make calls to almost every country and the fact that you can use local numbers.
  • Local numbers for international calling
  • Robust reporting and analytics
  • Simple interface
  • Sequences and sequence steps need to be more flexible
  • Call quality is not the best
  • Too much purple visually
You need to call say an Australian number. If you call using a local (your) number chances are they won't pick up but Outreach gives you the ability to generate a random Australian number making it easier to get through to prospects. However, calls tend to disconnect frequently and this should be fixed.
Read Kemal Ertas's full review
February 01, 2018

Outreach Review: "Automate your Sales Process"

We use Outreach to correspond with prospects in our sales department. It makes it very easy to maintain the sales pipeline. We use email sequences and call sequences. It's very simple and automatic. Our sequences are made up for us. It makes the sales process very efficient.
  • You can track if prospects have seen your emails to track engagement
  • Keeps a well organized sales pipeline
  • Tracks all sales activity very easily and clearly
  • Sometimes calls drop and log out of the system
  • Add a smart view that allows you to organize by engagement level!!! VERY IMPORTANT!!!
  • Adding a way to mark prospects to a "hit list"
Outreach is great for sales teams contacting a high number of prospects per day for targeted engagement.
Read Brandon Mayweather's full review
February 01, 2018

User Review: "Outreach is pretty decent"

We are using it as a sales enablement software. Right now, it is only being used by the business development team as a way to increase our efficiency and to ensure we are keeping our prospects organized. Outreach access is being rolled out to the team of sales representatives. It solves for sales inefficiency and territory organization.
  • Organizes when I need to make calls and emails so that I can hit the ground running when I come in every morning
  • Lets me see who has opened my emails to let me know who is engaged
  • Easily allows me to plan and reschedule when I need to contact people
  • It needs to stop writing activities back to Salesforce, especially those that are "generic"
  • The side bar that pops in and out when you install Outreach Everywhere is kind of annoying
  • Would like a way to mass update the due dates for tasks
Great for inside, outbound sales teams since you can have all of your information right in front of you when you're prospecting. Probably not great for outside sales teams. Super useful for prospecting, but not much else. Once you're engaged with a prospect it seems easier to work outside of Outreach and keep your activities logged yourself.
Read Angelo Morlani's full review
January 30, 2018

User Review: "Outreach need a wider reach"

All of the sales development team uses Outreach and some account executives for small businesses. I and my counterparts in our various global offices use it on a daily basis to make calls, send emails, set tasks, track responses, and use templates/snippets, etc.
  • It helps you keep all your prospects in a fixed sequence so you don't have to set manual reminders for yourself on your calendar or Salesforce.
  • There are pre-made templates and Snippets that you can pull in when constructing an email to a prospect.
  • When you get an email response from a prospect on Gmail, you can easily set up a task for a follow up within the same window.
  • Since I am based in Australia, I have severe lag issues when calling prospects, especially when they are on cell phones.
  • Outreach doesn't pull campaign information from Salesforce. So if I am working on any inbounds, I have to work out of two different disparate systems to access the information I need.
  • Once a sequence is being used, you cannot edit it unless you pause all the sequences or finish them. Makes it difficult if I want to make a minor edit.
It is best suited for companies that have high daily KPIs for their sales development teams. It is useful for complex products and if you sell multiple products. If you sell something straightforward, I don't think you would get much ROI. I think it's still in its early stages so it's good in the U.S. but if your company has global offices, it is probably not as useful because the connection is so bad.
Read Rebecca Lopez's full review
January 30, 2018

User Review: "Get productive with Outreach!"

Outreach is used by our sales organization to organize our workflow in engaging with our prospects and customers.
  • Outreach groups account information very effectively, great for account-based selling!
  • Outreach sequences are fantastic for workflow management. There's a great balance between automation and customization.
  • Custom fields enhance the customization of automated tasks. You can include insights or mutual connections in custom field which are embedded into automatic emails in context.
  • There are not a lot of significant cons, to be honest. Any issue I've had with the platform has more to do with our other systems.
  • As a small company, I don't have access to very much support.
Outreach may be less appropriate for heavily field-based, simple sales such as alcohol or food distributors selling to restaurants. Mobile functionality is minimal with Outreach right now and the strategy for these types of sales is more simple.
Read Greg Steward's full review
January 30, 2018

Outreach Review: "A prospector's dream"

We have a team of about ~100 salespeople that are using Outreach to prospect into both prospective and current clients. It helps us scale our communications and outreach while being extremely tailored to the prospects using SFDC data.
  • Efficiency
  • Ease of use
  • Message customization
  • Sending 1-offs on a delayed timer; I have very little trust in this function as they have not gone out before / have had integration issues with other apps like Grammarly.
  • Importing contacts
Best relative to other email solutions
Read Mason O'Brien's full review
January 29, 2018

Review: "Outreach can simplify and enable your sales messaging development -> deployment -> testing -> iteration cycle"

Outreach is the cornerstone system that enables us to deploy sales messaging to our team of 60+ reps in a way that enables each rep to customize their message while enabling the long term assessment of messaging success.
  • Outreach will allow you to deploy and manage sales messaging.
  • Outreach enables sales and marketing leaders to understand the effectiveness of their messaging in the context of persona and company segment.
  • Outreach provides a smooth and enjoyable work surface for reps - a workflow that far exceeds the experience provided my CRM providers like Salesforce.
  • I would like to see the reporting features of Outreach to be significantly improved. While a lot of data is available, the current reporting feature set does not support the types of pivots we currently find value in.
  • The Outreach API and trigger system is very robust and highly configurable. What I'd like to see is more "master-class" training material on the subject. This could allow mid-level users the ability to level-up their skills quicker.
Best in class software, period. I'm looking forward to Outreach continuing to expand across the entire sales rep experience.
Read Jeffery Breisch's full review

"Outreach Review"

We use Outreach to help us build pipeline, reach out to our prospects and create campaigns. Our whole team uses it. It helps us gain productivity.
  • Good ROI
  • Can adapt to any business
  • Bugs & errors
  • Some actions are complicated or not too logical and could be reviewed or simplified
  • No support in Europe (for us anyway)
Read Sara Marie Chidiac's full review
January 29, 2018

User Review: "Outreach for lyfe"

We use Outreach for the BDR part of our sales team. We use it for task management to tackle all of our prospects in an organized fashion. The whole organization does not use Outreach. Some account executives have access but not everyone. We love using Outreach and everyone who I have interacted with at Outreach for training purposes has been great!
  • Sequences- you can personalize different 'touches' and manage when they are sent, including adding generic tasks etc.
  • You can see when people open and click on your emails.
  • Broken out tasks for you to compete, calls, email etc.
  • Syncing with Salesforce can be tweaked and faster.
  • The Outreach plugin with Salesforce could load quicker.
  • The layout of the sequences.
Outreach is well suited for organizing your day/week appropriately. As long as you go through the correct steps and layout sequences and don't bombard yourself with loads of phone calls that end up sitting in your open tasks, that part is key. Outreach does not track specific clicks in the emails which would be nice.
Read Elizabeth Richards's full review

About Outreach

Outreach, a sales engagement platform, is designed to deliver performance and insights that result in higher velocity and more efficient selling. The vendor says by automating and prioritizing all customer touch points throughout the sales process, Outreach triples the productivity of sales teams, and empowers them to drive more pipeline, book more meetings and exceed revenue goals. Additionally, the vendor says Outreach places actionable data intelligence at the fingertips of sales reps through a single, integrated view of all prospect-related information.

The vendor says thousands of customers, including Cloudera, Glassdoor, Pandora, and Zillow, rely on Outreach to transform the sales process, drive collaboration between sales and marketing, and deliver higher revenue per sales rep. Outreach is a privately held company based in Seattle, Washington.

Outreach Features

Has featureSales Intelligence

Outreach Videos (2)

Outreach Downloadables

Outreach Integrations

Microsoft Exchange, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Sendgrid Transactional Email, Domo, DiscoverOrg, Datanyze, ZoomInfo, Owler, Mapbox, Engagio, DocSend, Crunchbase, Azuqua, Chorus, Salesforce, Gmail, Outlook, LeadIQ, Execvision, Darksky, Sendoso, Tray.io, Built.io

Outreach Competitors