June 27, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
Read this authenticated review
Pros and Cons
- It eliminates the need to code (and thereby the need to understand the syntax with the coding languages); hence the idea/title of "low-code."
- Mobile development through auto-generated responsive web-apps. A huge value in this space alone!
- Minimal training is needed to become proficient. Business systems analysts are productive & proficient in a month. It helps respond to the war on talent!
- It marries the best of DevOps technologies with integration tools and code-generation. This platform represents a higher level of abstraction in the development process. With automatic provisioning of databases and infrastructure, the process is greatly automated.
- OutSystems seek and certify to HIPPA compliance.
- The OutSystems community needs to come together to solve for the lack of OS engineers in the USA (it's being worked on, but needs to accelerate).
- Technology leaders are usually the resisters to this platform/approach; yet business leaders readily appreciate the value. More needs to be done to help leaders get over the stigma associated with low-code (this new approach to development).