Reviews (1-9 of 9)
- Great industry info.
- Really good industry- or company-specific rss feed.
- Love the funding/merger/acquisition alerts that we get on companies and portfolios that we follow. Often even more timely than Crunchbase since it's based on press releases rather than Crunchbase's data team reaching out to VCs to get their portfolio updates.
- Pretty good firmographic data on companies (# of employees, ann. revenue, website, c-suite members, etc.).
- We get all these great benefits for free!
My team has refined their own list of "best accounts" that they feel is a great fit for our company. They then simply add these companies to their Owler accounts and if something changes within the company, for example, a new project launched or new funding, the morning Owler email will alert them to this and allow them to personalise their outreach from there.
- Streamlined - each SDR has around 25 companies that they want Owler to alert them about. The email each morning is short and to the point with nice abstracts of changes in the company making it quick and easy to find what you need.
- If something changes in the company, Owler finds it - we have yet to find a compelling event within the company that Owler missed.
- Doesn't spam - when they say one email a day they really mean it. No excess inbox messages.
Best suited for any company that regularly posts to social media, their blog, or that creates "noise" in other influential circles that Owler can pick up.
Where it falls short is when companies aren't making noise. Not really Owler's fault, but if you want to find content and changes to a company that doesn't really post to social media or a blog you want have much to work with.
- Info for blueprinting new sales accounts
- Helpful for tracking company news
- Great source for info on company demographics, size, location, revenue, etc
- Alerts users of company changes.
- Sends daily snapshots to your email.
- Auto-syncs with CRM.
- Owler is very simple, user-friendly and offers many great features.
- It is completely free which is great.
- The platform gives me a lot of information about our industry trends; about our competitors and partners. It helps to stay updated and always to know the latest news.
- Customized notifications are great, it allows me to spend time reading what I actually need.
- I love that it is a crowdsourcing system and anyone can make a contribution
- I like that it is completely free for everybody whether you are SMB or a big company
- It is great to have the tool that gives you many insights about the industry in a very convenient way
- Providing context
- Daily notifications
- Clear and concise data visualizations
- Well organized information about competitors
- Clean look and feel to the site overall
- Easy user experience
- High Precision News Alerts
- Social Media Viewing (Blogs & Video Uploads) and Filtering
- Funding Data
- Special Alerts for M&A, Executive Changes, and Funding Events
This is a free service, so it should be compared to free and low cost alerting (e.g. Google Alerts) and PE/VC funding profile (e.g. Crunchbase) services. Owler is well suited for competitive intelligence professionals, named account reps, and marketing professionals tracking company news (web mined company mentions and press releases) and social media (blogs, Video, YouTube). The alerts are high precision and tag for three key events (M&A, Funding, Exec Changes). It is the alerting and social media tools which are the key strength of the service.
The company claims two million profiles, but only has 60,000 with full address information. Content includes competitors, user polls, and funding / M&A data. Owler should be viewed as a free complement to other online company research tools, but it lacks the depth to replace subscription services. Missing content includes long business descriptions; financials and discrete sizing data; family tree linkage, and executive profiles (only the CEO is covered)
While they offer list building functionality, it is quite thin and non-downloadable. As such, I would not recommend Owler for sales and marketing prospecting at this point.
A unique feature is a set of company polls about the direction of the company and CEO performance. Unfortunately, the response rates are often too low to be statistically meaningful.
Owler Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Owler Technical Details