Score 7.2 out of 10

What is Owler?

Owler is a sales intelligence app developed by the company of the same name San Mateo and acquired by Meltwater June 2021, providing competitive insights, company information, and other sales relevant information.

Owler Review

May 29, 2021
We use this to get some background information on competitors we hear about. It's not something we use on a daily basis but more as the …

Insights you need

May 24, 2019
I use Owler to gain insights on competitors and leads. I receive regular updates with information on the companies I am following. It's …

• Industry information (13)
  • Company information (14)
  • Identification of new leads (12)
    6.4
  • Advanced search (14)
    5.8

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Owler, and make your voice heard!

Plus (personal use)

$99

per year

Pro

$420

per year

Teams

Contact Sales

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.owler.com/checkout/owlerpro…

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $8.25 per month

Features

Prospecting

Features related to generating leads and finding new contacts.

6.5Avg 7.8

Sales Intelligence Data Standards

How well does the contact, company, and industry information provided by the SI tool meet the user’s needs? Is the availability and quality of data satisfactory?

6.6Avg 7.8

Data Augmentation & Lead Qualification

Features around contact data management and lead intelligence.

8Avg 7.7

Sales Intelligence Email Features

Features that support sending emails to leads, especially initial emails to a list of prospects. May gather additional sales intelligence based on email engagement, adding additional info to the contact record and/or contributing to lead prioritization.

8.8Avg 7.9

What is Owler?

Owler Pro helps users find new prospects, research accounts, and personalize your outreach with real-time news tracking for the companies in a pipeline. The tool boasts data on 14 million companies, and tracking for over 180,000 news events. Advanced Search enables users to to filter by industry, sector, location, and annual revenue. The service includes real-time breaking news alerts for all customers and prospects so as to never be caught off guard.

Owler entered into an agreement to be acquired by Meltwater in June 2021. Owler will become a Meltwater brand.

Owler Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based

Owler starts at $8.25.

Reviewers rate Alerts and reminders highest, with a score of 10.

The most common users of Owler are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees).

Jonathan Garbin | TrustRadius Reviewer
I believe Lead411 and Owler go hand in hand, rather than one over the other. I believe Lead411's contact generation is far stronger based on the cost, but Owler allows you to broaden your horizon for prospecting whereas Lead411 is more of a user-driven search rather than an platform-driven search.
September 16, 2021

My views on owler

VIKAS TIWARI (L.I.O.N) | TrustRadius Reviewer
Even though Owler is a great tool but when it comes to pay and use it may not be able to deliver more than its competitors in the market. Owler is used a lot to gather company information but along with other tools as its shortcomings are also known to people. Owler needs to add some research on smaller companies as they need a lot of effort on the research part and will help a lot if done already on Owler.
Owler is comparable to both Crunchbase and PitchBook when looking to gather information on companies. Owler, however, is superior in areas of providing top competitors and insight into very small companies. I use S&P Capital IQ in tandem with Owler as it augments Owler well and can be more reliable with its data, but not necessarily as inclusive regarding its breadth of companies. Owler is better used for private company research than S&P Capital IQ.
Parker O'Very | TrustRadius Reviewer
Over the last few months and products updates, I've noticed that Owler, Crunchbase, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, and many other platforms are starting to be more and more competitive with each other. I have yet to find a real major differentiation between them. I guess I trust the data a bit more from LinkedIn because it is crowd-sourced. But I use Owler, Crunchbase, and Sales Navigator in my day-to-day.
We opted to use both ZoomInfo and Owler together instead of DiscoverOrg.

The reason Owler was chosen was: it's easy of use, streamlined information display, accurate and up to date articles.

The free option of Owler works very well also. It gives you access to a huge amount of information in an easily accessible way. It's like Crunchbase on steroids.
May 24, 2019

Insights you need

The only service somewhat similar to Owler that I have used is Sales Navigator. I like Owler better because it provides more information about prospective partners. The two tools are different but have some similarities, so I typically use them both. I think the notifications and alerts are better coming from Owler.
Owler is free and this is its major strength. Other tools I mentioned have much more capabilities and more accurate and powerful data, but as a small business company, we do not need much data at this point. From Owler, we do not get a lot of data, but we get just enough data to get some insight from it.
Both Insightly and DiscoverOrg are not like direct alternatives to Owler. We use Owler as it provides lots of information for free and we have been using it for a while and I do not know any other products that provide the same information, so I do not know real direct Owler competitors.
Michael Levy | TrustRadius Reviewer

Owler is a free service so its primary direct competitors would be Google Alerts (it has much higher precision and a unified daily alert), and the freemium InsideView which supports three alerts.

I view it as a complement to fully featured subscription sales intelligence services (e.g. InsideView, Avention, and Hoover's) as it has a few features not available in the other services (e.g. multi-platform social media and news viewing, polls, and funding data) and provides strong precision in their news alerts which captures a few items missed by the other services.