Owler Reviews

Parker O'Very profile photo

Alternatives Considered

Over the last few months and products updates, I've noticed that Owler, Crunchbase, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, and many other platforms are starting to be more and more competitive with each other. I have yet to find a real major differentiation between them. I guess I trust the data a bit more from LinkedIn because it is crowd-sourced. But I use Owler, Crunchbase, and Sales Navigator in my day-to-day.
Read Parker O'Very's full review
Fraser Murphy profile photo

Alternatives Considered

We opted to use both ZoomInfo and Owler together instead of DiscoverOrg.

The reason Owler was chosen was: it's easy of use, streamlined information display, accurate and up to date articles.

The free option of Owler works very well also. It gives you access to a huge amount of information in an easily accessible way. It's like Crunchbase on steroids.
Read Fraser Murphy's full review
May 23, 2019

Insights you need

Alternatives Considered

The only service somewhat similar to Owler that I have used is Sales Navigator. I like Owler better because it provides more information about prospective partners. The two tools are different but have some similarities, so I typically use them both. I think the notifications and alerts are better coming from Owler.
Helen Racutin profile photo

Alternatives Considered

Both Insightly and DiscoverOrg are not like direct alternatives to Owler. We use Owler as it provides lots of information for free and we have been using it for a while and I do not know any other products that provide the same information, so I do not know real direct Owler competitors.
Read Helen Racutin's full review

Alternatives Considered

Owler is free and this is its major strength. Other tools I mentioned have much more capabilities and more accurate and powerful data, but as a small business company, we do not need much data at this point. From Owler, we do not get a lot of data, but we get just enough data to get some insight from it.
Davis Hepworth profile photo
February 28, 2018

Owler Review

Alternatives Considered

For prospecting, I tend to use Owler and Sales Navigator. Sales Navigator is better on an individual basiI'mbut i'm more focused on getting company wide initiatives and bringing that down to the individual level.
Read Davis Hepworth's full review
Michael Levy profile photo

Alternatives Considered

Owler is a free service so its primary direct competitors would be Google Alerts (it has much higher precision and a unified daily alert), and the freemium InsideView which supports three alerts.

I view it as a complement to fully featured subscription sales intelligence services (e.g. InsideView, Avention, and Hoover's) as it has a few features not available in the other services (e.g. multi-platform social media and news viewing, polls, and funding data) and provides strong precision in their news alerts which captures a few items missed by the other services.

Read Michael Levy's full review

Advanced search (8)
Identification of new leads (7)
List quality (7)
List upload/download (6)
Ideal customer targeting (6)
Load time/data access (8)
Contact information (4)
Company information (8)
Industry information (8)
Lead qualification process (6)
Smart lists and recommendations (6)
Salesforce integration (4)
Company/business profiles (8)
Alerts and reminders (7)
Data hygiene (7)
Automatic data refresh (5)
Tags (5)
Filters and segmentation (7)
Sales email templates (4)
Append emails to records (4)

About Owler

Owler is a sales intelligence app from the company of the same name San Mateo, providing competitive insights, company information, and other sales relevant information.