With our last documentation tool, it was necessary to …
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Paligo, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Tech Details
Paligo is an enterprise-grade cloud-based Component Content Management System (CCMS) with single-sourcing content reuse for technical documentation, training content, policies and procedures, and knowledge management. Paligo is 100% XML in the back end, based on a modified version of DocBook - an established open standard developed for technical documentation. This is to provide future-proofing as well as extensibility and transformability for any current and future applications. The strict structure of XML and solid validation it provides offers possibilities and a consistency that, according to Paligo, no other format can provide.
Companies seek to make their documentation more efficient through single-sourcing and reuse. But many single-sourcing projects fail due to the steep learning curves and costs of implementation of traditional systems. So cloud-based solutions like Paligo aim to enable greater collaboration and efficiency. Using modern web technology reduces the costs of implementation, to increase usability and thereby user acceptance. A cloud-based authoring and publishing platform to reuse and single-source documentation with a clear focus on usability and user acceptance can improve the chance of realizing the return of investment and actually achieving the increase in efficiency.
In an information-enabled world, content is required to help solve problems and guide decision-making. Siloed content creation and management technology have led to content duplication, inconsistent content, and challenges finding the right content for customer and employee experiences. A component content management system (CCMS) like Paligo aims to change that.
Paligo's top features at a glance:
- Structured Authoring
Structured authoring helps make content consistent, accurate, and future-proof. The XML editor enables content reuse, making structured authoring easier.
- Content Reuse
Reuse content at scale with topic-based authoring and smart single sourcing features such as component reuse, block content reuse, the Paligo text fragment reuse, dynamic variables, and conditional content.
- Multi-Channel Publishing
Paligo takes multi-channel publishing to another level. Publish to HTML5, PDF print, SCORM eLearning, Zendesk, Salesforce, GitHub, BitBucket, Amazon S3, and much more.
Paligo features version history and roll-back, version branching, and release management made specifically for technical writers and content authors.
- Translation Management
- Supported: Single sourcing
- Supported: Content reuse
- Supported: Multi-channel publishing
- Supported: Translation management
- Supported: Contributor editor
- Supported: Structured authoring
- Supported: Topic based authoring
- Supported: Versioning
- Supported: Branching
- Supported: Assignment planner
- Supported: REST API
- Supported: Variables
- Supported: Conditional content
- Supported: CCMS
- Supported: Integrations
- Supported: XML editor
- Supported: Docbook
- Microsoft Teams
- Amazon S3 (Simple Storage Service)
- Microsoft Azure
- Elastic Enterprise Search, with Site Search
- Oxygen XML Editor
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Fluid Topics
- Delta XML
- MadCap Flare
- Adobe Technical Communication Suite
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
2. Push to Bitbucket for HTML5 embedded.
3. Push to Zendesk.
- Zendesk integration is fantastic.
- Single sourcing is amazing.
- File management is easy and intuitive.
- More flexible PDF formatting.
- Self hosting platform.
- Bi-directional open source repo syncs for true CI/CD.
- API integration.
- Shared files.
- Shared images.
- Integration with Zendesk.
- Enabled real-time updates for documentation.
- Enabled true structure for our documentation.
- Zendesk integration.
- PDF and Word publication.
- Variables and single sourcing.
- Single-source quickly and well out of the box.
- Attributes in the content for conditional publishing.
- Quick previews with publishing and variable settings, for efficient debugging.
- Responsive expert support.
- Extensive integrations.
- Re-use features for consistency among writers.
- Review features.
- Translation features.
- Push to Zendesk can add new image files each time or delete all attachments. Missing feature to delete only image attachments and keep external attachments (more of a Zendesk issue than Paligo issue).
- Role-based access control.
- Mirror servers, so that team members in different continents do not have a slower connection to the instance on the cloud.
- Integration with Zendesk.
- Teamwork features.
- Security of information.
- Before we had Paligo, we didn't have a professional tool. We were using Google docs and creating ugly PDFs that took days to manipulate. Paligo lets us publish to multiple formats and integrated platforms in minutes, with professional results.
- Paligo's built-in translation features let us deliver translated documents for expos, datasheets, and users with minimal cost and time.
- Paligo lets us work as a team. When one project becomes urgent, the team comes together in a doc sprint and completes the project with everyone contributing. The final deliverables are professional and fast. In short, Paligo enables us to join the Agile teams and deliver on time, with quality.
- Create and maintain user guides in PDF, HTML5, and Zendesk.
- Create and maintain release notes in landscape PDF and Zendesk.
- Create and maintain translation PDFs and Zendesk.
- Create and maintain enablement materials.
- Automated documentation from product source to Paligo with python scripts and Paligo API.
- PM decks with publish to presentations.