Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Panzura CloudFS, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Panzura transforms cloud storage into a global file system, so enterprises can use the cloud as a high performance, globally available data center.
Panzura CloudFS aims to empower organizations to work collaboratively across multiple sites, using one authoritative data source and providing automatic real-time file locking, immediate file consistency and local-feeling file performance to every user regardless of location or number of sites.
The vendor states Panzura's data fabric allows companies to de-duplicate and consolidate data, achieving up to 70% reduction in overall unstructured data storage footprint. Panzura uses immutable data snapshots to provide data durability without replication. These immutable snapshots are impervious to ransomware and provide a granular point-in-time ability to restore files, folders or even the entire file system, replacing existing backup and disaster recovery processes.
Panzura supports enterprises when they:
- Need to replace legacy NAS systems at multiple sites
- Are managing multiple data sets and backups
- Need to protect against ransomware attacks with immutable data
- Need immediate data consistency at all locations
- Have teams in multiple locations that need to work collaboratively
- Use latency-prone applications such as Revit, Solidworks and other CAD applications
- Need to transfer large media files fast
- Run critical legacy applications that won't read cloud-based files without re-write
- Want data resilience without having to replicate data
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Panzura CloudFS|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
- File caching.
- Data usage metrics.
- Cost savings.
- More flexibility in platforms to run on.
- More support for high IO applications like arcMap.
- Real time file locking
- Backup and recovery
- Easy access to all your files
- Faster browsing of photos
- Ease of configuration - I installed well over 50 Panzura CSGs in under 6 months. The web interfaces are easy to navigate and the CLI is easy to learn.
- Simplified replication creation. Pick your partners and go, hub & spoke, full mesh, take your pick the GUI makes it clear to understand what is being done.
- Efficient storage usage. Expandable via additional drive enclosures, resilient due to replication and efficient due to deduplication.
- Hybrid cloud done right. With APIs to external CAS storage you can create the private cloud you want, and with hooks to external resources like S3 take advantage of the public cloud space for economy of scale.
- I would like to see more connectors. Tie in to traditional block storage or NAS. Additional cloud connectors to products like Hitachi Content Platform.
- I would like to see a collaborative product created between Panzura and Riverbed. I envision an almost perfect small footprint ROBO solution where Riverbed provides the compute+WAN optimization and Panzura provides the storage/risiliancy components. Combine the boxes into a single 4U solution and you have a near perfect product for remote offices.