Reviews (1-3 of 3)
- Ease of configuration - I installed well over 50 Panzura CSGs in under 6 months. The web interfaces are easy to navigate and the CLI is easy to learn.
- Simplified replication creation. Pick your partners and go, hub & spoke, full mesh, take your pick the GUI makes it clear to understand what is being done.
- Efficient storage usage. Expandable via additional drive enclosures, resilient due to replication and efficient due to deduplication.
- Hybrid cloud done right. With APIs to external CAS storage you can create the private cloud you want, and with hooks to external resources like S3 take advantage of the public cloud space for economy of scale.
- I would like to see more connectors. Tie in to traditional block storage or NAS. Additional cloud connectors to products like Hitachi Content Platform.
- I would like to see a collaborative product created between Panzura and Riverbed. I envision an almost perfect small footprint ROBO solution where Riverbed provides the compute+WAN optimization and Panzura provides the storage/risiliancy components. Combine the boxes into a single 4U solution and you have a near perfect product for remote offices.
Panzura Scorecard Summary
What is Panzura?
Panzura is a fabric that transforms cloud storage into a global file system, so enterprises can use the cloud as a high performance, globally available data center.
Panzura's global cloud file system aims to empower organizations to work collaboratively across multiple sites, using one authoritative data source and providing automatic real-time file locking, immediate file consistency and local-feeling file performance to every user regardless of location or number of sites.
The vendor states Panzura's data fabric allows companies to de-duplicate and consolidate data, achieving up to 70% reduction in overall unstructured data storage footprint. Panzura uses immutable data snapshots to provide data durability without replication. These immutable snapshots are impervious to ransomware and provide a granular point-in-time ability to restore files, folders or even the entire file system, replacing existing backup and disaster recovery processes.
Panzura supports enterprises when they:
- Need to replace legacy NAS systems at multiple sites
- Are tired of managing multiple data sets and backups
- Need immediate data consistency at all locations
- Have teams in multiple locations that need to work collaboratively
- Use applications that are especially prone to latency, such as Revit, Solidworks and other CAD applications
- Need to transfer large files fast
- Run critical legacy applications that won't read cloud-based files without re-write
- Want data resilience without having to replicate data
Panzura Technical Details