Life Saver

January 24, 2020
I am the only user as our company is very small. I use Parallels in order to access Windows because my accounting program (QuickBooks …

• File transfer (16)
  • Screen sharing (5)
  • Centralized management dashboard (7)
  • Over-the-Internet remote session (6)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Parallels Desktop, and make your voice heard!

Parallels Desktop 16

per license

Parallels Desktop Pro Edition

per license/per year

per license

Product Demos

How to Run Windows on Mac with Parallels Desktop for Mac - Now Runs on Intel and M1 Chip
01:24

Remote Administration

What is Parallels Desktop?

Parallels Desktop is a virtual user session solution built to run Windows on Macintosh computers without rebooting. It is designed for OS X Yosemite with one-click tuning.

Parallels Desktop Video

How to Run Windows on Mac : Parallels Desktop for Mac

Parallels Desktop Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise
Operating SystemsWindows, Linux, Mac

Reviewers rate File transfer and Session record highest, with a score of 9.3.

The most common users of Parallels Desktop are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Computer Software industry.

Will Goad | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • It has allowed us to keep customers and keep them happy.
  • It has allowed me to keep my current computer.
  • It has made it possible for me to experience our app the way all customers see it without having to switch machines.
Cameron Michael Rhoads | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • We needed to run the best-in-class technical writing software, and the only way to do that on a Mac was through something like Parallels [Desktop].
  • [It] allowed us to run the necessary software without purchasing PCs, which would be a big overhaul for security and company processes.
  • Savings of tens of thousands in not having to buy multiple computers
  • Great sense of security when testing potentially dangerous software
  • Allows our organization to maintain access to state systems without downgrading the computer experience.
  • Clearly much cheaper than purchasing a 2nd machine to run Windows on
  • Allows me to work faster with out have to move files from a machine/Drive to another
  • Annual subscription model is a bit cumbersome to renew - would rather just pay a one time flat fee
Jonah Dempcy | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Allowed us to easily test on a wide variety of operating systems.
  • Allowed use of PC apps on MacBook Pro laptops without having to purchase PC hardware.
  • Efficient, easy setup and installation, and easily transfer files between host and virtualized operating systems.
January 24, 2020

Life Saver

• It has allowed me to save time because I've been able to use the same accounting software on Desktop that I was using online.
  • This sounds trite, but it's truly saved my sanity. If I had to switch over to a new accounting system, I really don't know what I'd do. Parallels has saved my sanity because I can run Windows on my Mac.
  • Parallels has enabled us to move to MacOS for some of our roles, and those users couldn't be happier. Even though they are still using Windows under the covers, Continuity Mode abstracts that away, and users feel like they never have to leave MacOS.
  • We often don't need most of the features that Parallels offers, and so, it doesn't always feel like money well spent. Parallels would do well to consider additional price points to help justify its cost versus free alternatives.
  • Parallels struggles to justify why users should upgrade alongside the yearly MacOS upgrade. Screenshots and email integration are amongst the headlining features this year. Yawn.
  • It has greatly reduced the amount that we were spending on separate machines. Now having one Mac is enough to run Windows, Mac and Linux all in one machine.
  • I have a reason to believe that it's much easier for IT to set someone up on Parallels Desktop than VMWare or Virtual Box and users are significantly happier with the former option.
  • We'd spend a ton more money on duplicate machines for product team members without Parallels.
  • Parallels allows us to only have to use Windows OS when we absolutely need to, which allows us to spend more time using Mac OSX and less time dealing with the annoyances of Windows.
  • Being able to run virtual machines from a program on our native machine makes development extremely more efficient.
Stefan Boeykens | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • While the main desktop has a fair price, upgrade pricing is about 50% of a new license. As the yearly updates don't often justify this, I tend to skip the even releases.
  • Ease-of-use and convenience are the main reasons to use it.
  • OpenGL support has not evolved for recent 3D applications, which is starting to become a problem.
  • Too many automatic integrations and impact on macOS, so I have to disable quiet a few in the configurations. Especially inadvertantly launching parallels and Windows applications when double-clicking a file or doing a spotlight search can be annoying.