Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Parallels RAS, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Parallels® Remote Application Server (RAS) is an all-in-one application delivery and virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) solution that enables users to work remotely from anywhere, on any device, at any time. The cloud-ready software is designed to enable organizations to centralize IT infrastructure management, integrate with Windows Virtual Desktop, streamline multi-cloud deployment, reinforce data security and improve IT process automation. Its architecture enables organizations to adapt to critical business demands. The vendor states its key benefits include:
- Outstanding user experience (UX) on any device
- Enhanced data security
- IT agility and business readiness
- Easy deployment, configuration and maintenance
- Reduced total cost of ownership (TCO)
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac, Windows Servers 2008/R2, 2012/R2, 2016 and 2019|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages||English, German, Japanese, Russian, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean|
- Fast pilot or test installation at the customer's site possible without high pilot costs
- compared to the competition favorable and transparent priceing
- Time saving
- Cost saving
- Flexibility in publishing intranet resources to remote workers without VPN
- VDI solution in a BOX
- Reasonably priced
- We were able to providde a customer with a PaaS solution for their software
- This made this a lucrative solution for us.
- The lingering software bug we had did cause a negative effect on deployments and cost us a lot more time and money in support-related questions.
- Excellent Support at both the levels, Pre-sales and Post-sales.
- RAS server can handle max 30-40 users. More users need to create another RAS server.
- Some printing issues are observed which can slowdown application performance.
- Our situation was a little odd. Before Parallels, we had a remote work solution that allowed for 10 users on at a time, and the service we were using was free as it was the end of the license and not updating/upgrading.
- With Parallels, we went from paying $0 to $5000 (over three years) and from 10 users to 25. Depending on how you look at that it's either a positive or negative impact. For us, it was positive as it allowed people to go remote during Covid.
- Positive Impact: increased ability to work remotely for people that were sick or out of town.
- Less expensive than competitors.
- Ease of maintenance.
- ROI Improvement.
- Make our business more easy.
- Connection from different systems
- Able to connect from website using HTML5
- Improves efficiency of staff.
- Improves morale.
- Previously user's couldn't do work from remote places. Currently at least ten users use RAS remotely.
- Due to the significantly cheaper cost of licensing compared to other RDP solutions, we have extended the reach of our systems to a significantly larger number of employees. It is literally a third of the cost to use parallels.
- Easy remote access setup.
- Cheaper than other options.
- Lets Mac users remote in without issue.
- Performance boost
- Financial economy
- Lost time for I.T. staff
- Added unnecessary cloud compute expense
- Remote access to specific applications
- Continue working on projects by studnets through out the panadamic time
- Allowing Parallels RDP connection for specific Desktops instead of accessing Uni campus
- only positive impact on ROI. We saved lot of money after implementation
- It has provided a more efficient work space for end users
- The downtime costs are low as can be set with high availability in mind
- Cloud hosting costs are low, because it is an all-in-one solution.
- As a replacement for Citrix, the ROI is massive as its simpler but just as good at 90% of things
- Time saved on the RDP management compared to the standard windows options is great
- Does require a couple of servers to run and can be done on a DC which is a shame
- Multi platform
- Our business objectives are non-profit which means that (low) IT costs are an important factor. The increase of license costs for Parallels Remote Application Server since "2x" is not easy to handle for us.
- On the other hand, Parallels Remote Application Server is reliable and integrated, and standard procedure in our setting, so at the moment, we have no plans to change.
- Any user can access our system from any of our 12 locations and also from outside of our locations with no loss of "look and feel."
- Scaled very well when the offices closed for Covid-19
- HSTL5 helped out helpdesk to rollout the provide with having to install a client
- 24x7x365 productivity.
- Traveling for business does not mean a loss of productivity.