Patriot Software is an easy to use payroll software. Instructions are provided on how to set up payroll for your state, but some room is …
Full Payroll for employees and 1099 contractors.
We have been using Patriot since 2017 and truly love how the platform has evolved over the years. First and foremost, customer service has …
Being a small engineering company, we did not need a full time financial officer to handle those types of matters. I initially used a …
Patriot Software handles our payroll and payroll taxes. It replaced our former payroll company. We have found it more simple to use, and …
We use Patriot Software for our payroll. Before Patriot, I processed payroll myself.
Patriot Software takes care of all my tax filings without me having to fill out any forms. Everything is done online so I can be on the …
The whole team uses Patriot. The team mostly uses Patriot to track pledges and donations. We also use it to keep up to date records of …
Patriot payroll is being used the provide payroll services to our clients. It really is great as a one stop shop for payroll needs and is …
Patriot Software is a great balance between a simple do-it-yourself payroll solution and a full service provider. At the maximum I had 5 …
I use Patriot Software to process the payrolls and associated taxes of several of my clients. It offers payroll for multiple clients at a …
I use Patriot for my owner salary payroll. I love that it is very flexible to adjust my salary as I need to and that it does all of the …
In addition to pastoring a small church, I operate a business providing accounting, administrative and other services to churches and …
Across the whole "organization." I am a 1 man show. My only employee is me so I wanted to payroll myself to help me deal with taxes, etc., …
I have used Patriot Payroll for a handful of clients who needed an affordable, efficient payroll service. I have assisted in …
Pay calculation (15)
Direct deposit files (11)
Salary revision and increment management (13)
$10/mo + $4 per employee/contractor
$15/mo (unlimited use)
$25/mo (unlimited use)
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.patriotsoftware.com/payroll
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $10 per month
Patriot Software offers online payroll, made for USA small business owners with 1-100 employees and their accoutants. Payroll options include: Basic Payroll - base price $10/mo. + $4 per employee/contractor. Full Service Payroll - Base price $30/mo + $4 per employee/contractor. Users run payroll, Patriot handles the payroll tax filings. They further offer free direct deposit, or print paychecks. They describe further advantages as:
- Free employee portal
- Simple 3-step payroll process.
- Guaranteed accurate calculations
- Guaranteed accurate payroll tax filings with full service payroll
- Supported: Pay calculation
- Supported: Off-cycle/On-Demand payment
- Supported: Payroll history for each employee
- Supported: Benefit plan administration
- Supported: Direct deposit files
- Supported: Payroll tracking and auditing
- Supported: Salary revision and increment management
- Supported: Reimbursement management
- Supported: Statutory form management
- Supported: Free Pay-as-You-Go workers compensation integration
- Supported: Free Quickbooks Time Integration
- Supported: Free accounting integration (Patriot Accounting, Quickbooks online, Quickbooks desktop)
- Supported: Customizable hours, money, deductions
- Supported: Multiple payrates
- Supported: Departments
- Supported: Multiple work locations
- Supported: Multiple pay frequencies
- Supported: Electronic or printable W2s
- Supported: Free direct deposit
- Supported: Time off-accruals
- Supported: Pay 1099 contractors in payroll
- Supported: Free employee portal
- Supported: Repeating money types
- Supported: Deductions & Contributions
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries||United States|
Frequently Asked Questions
Patriot Software headquartered in Canton, Ohio offers Patriot PAY, their benefits administration and payroll software.
Patriot Software starts at $10.
Reviewers rate Pay calculation highest, with a score of 9.4.
The most common users of Patriot Software are from Small Businesses and the Accounting industry.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
- Payroll administration is easy
- Very affordable for small businesses
- Good support
- Some instructions could be more detailed
- Having a full service set up program can help time starved business owners
- Could build out more integrations with more bookkeeping software
- Rapid entry of standardized payroll in 3 easy screens
- Easy entry of 1099 contractor payments
- Friendly intuitive web based solution
- Helpful and knowledgable customer support
- Feature Rich, does most basic functions
- Good payroll and 1099 contractor report generation
- Does not support 401K plan integration as well as other vendors
- Will not pay other vendors that are deductions from payroll like 401K vendor
- Excellent customer service that is consistently kind and professional.
- Easy to understand interface—very user friendly
- Print reports and easily apply filters
- None that I can think of, none that our business needs. They fixed our only “wish” when they added the 1099 employee option
- Payroll taxes
- 1099 forms
- As far as my needs, Patriot fills the bill...no real shortcomings
- Set up and transition from another provider
- Ease of use in running payroll
- Payroll taxes are paid and forms filed without my direct intervention
- none as far as we are concerned
- Very easy to use
- Takes care of payroll reports and deposits
- Excellent customer service
- Employees enjoy being able to access paystubs
- Reports are easy to use and read
- don't have any complaints
- Everything is online
- You can email if you have questions and they get back to you.
- All your taxes are filed if you go with the premium version.
- Sometimes takes too long to get an email response
- They have made some accounting errors. Some I have found and some they have found. The corrections make all the numbers confusing.
- Giving multiple ways to pull data
- Holding donation profiles
- Maintaining donor profiles and showing all changes to contact information
- Connecting with outside software - we have an issue of Patriot not recognizing donors when connected to other websites when all the information is the same minus a middle initial
- Giving an error page when something small is off. Instead of giving an easy to fix error notification, Patriot brings the user to an error page and they have to reenter everything.
- Fixing dates easily. If a date is entered incorrectly, 8/13/21 instead of 2021, an error pop up appears but the user has to click enter/okay many times or refresh the page in order to fix this issue.
- Enter vs Tab key - Patriot loves the tab key but if the user clicks enter instead, many times it brings them to the home page.
- Affordable pricing
- Tax Filings Automated
- Communication for Direct Deposit Requirements
- Customer Support for Partner Programs
- Simple to use
- Professional support staff
- Cost friendly
- Lower cost option for single member payrolls
- New client setup is made simple.
- Payroll processing is quick and easy.
- Easy to reprint and regenerate pay stubs and reports.
- Setting up a bank account to pay employees thru ACH is cumbersome.
- Doesn't have the option to print multiple pay stubs for a specific employee at once. Have to re-print each pay stub individually.
- Payroll for small businesses - easy and cheap!
- Great customer service - easy to access at any time.
- Decent reports.
- Their timecard system is a little cumbersome, particularly for paid time off/vacation/holiday.
- No employee scheduling tool.
- Really best for very small businesses, larger ones with lots of complicated payroll facets should seek other tools.
- Basic payroll--as good as anything else out there.
- Tremendous value--not only is it a capable package but it's the cheapest I know of.
- Customer service is exceptional.
- The third party direct deposit processor Patriot previously used was not particularly easy to work with...but Patriot just brought all direct deposit processing in house.
- Clergy housing allowance has to be manually entered each payday. They tell me they're close to adding the capability of making it (and other similar pay types) as a recurring item.
- The setup process is geared toward novice users who need to be hand-held through the process. That's great for those who need it but a more streamlined, no-frills process payroll pros would be welcome.
- It is reliable and easy to use and learn for a small business
- Whenever there are problems, customer service is responsive and communicates well.
- I wish it was slightly less expensive for me because I only use it to pay myself about once per month.
- Patriot pay offers smooth easy setup.
- Patriot PAY is affordable, especially compared to other companies.
- Patriot PAY provides a ton of helpful information that is accessible at your finger tips so you don't always have to call into customer service with questions.
- Patriot PAY has helpful customer service and they are friendly.
- Apart from pre-funded, the four-day timeline for direct deposit has been the toughest part for me when small businesses want to pay their employees faster (quick turn-around times).
- No other complaints from me. I am really impressed with Patriot PAY.
- It is simple, intuitive and straightforward in its design. Someone with little experience with roles in human resources roles, bookkeeping or payroll can quickly learn how to set-up the software and run payroll regularly by reading through the support portion of the site, or by contacting the helpful staff at Patriot. Patriot staff have walked me through issues or guided me on the phone as I learned how to use a function of the software.
- Patriot provides comprehensive quarterly tax filing records, including 941s, state unemployment compensation tax payments, state employer's tax and local employer's tax filings. You can also generate payroll or tax deposit reports over a specific time period or per employee.
- The support and FAQ pages available on Patriot are very practical and written in an easy to understand manner. Using the information provided there, I was able to properly set up new employees according to local and state filing requirements.
- I wanted to download all of the individual tax deposit reports in .pdf form at the end of the year. I had to download them one by one, which was very time consuming. I has hoped there was a way to perform a batch download of these reports. Patriot can export spreadsheet in .csv format, but the layout of the .pdf reports is much more user friendly for record keeping.
- Simple to run payroll
- Excellent customer service
- Easy access for employees
- Automated tax forms
- Could make it a bit easier to select different hourly rate options for the same employee
- Patriot's software is very easy to use for running payroll. It takes about 30 seconds to do.
- The payroll reports are abundant, easy to find and print, and make my accounting very easy.
- Having a full service payroll provider as easy to use as Patriot leaves me with more availability to focus on treating patients and running other aspects of my business.
- Honestly, I am very happy with Patriot. They recently raised their price but it is still a good value and I am very happy with their service.
- It makes calculating people's time and hours very easy.
- It makes printing checks very easy.
- It makes tax collection and other government requirements effortless.
- Some of the features can be a little difficult to use until you get used to them
- Changes occur with no or little warning.
- Process monthly payroll.
- Handle all employment tax filings.
- Provide year-end W-2s.
- A bit pricey.