Paychex Accounting Online

Paychex Accounting Online Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

September 16, 2016

Paychex ultra review

Zain Quaid | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are a non-profit firm that manages charter schools in Southern California. Our charter schools have been on Paychex for a long time. We process payroll for all the staff members at the schools. We are comfortable using Paychex and Paychex's support is always very helpful. Our assigned customer service representative Sophie Lam is very helpful. The only thing I would recommend to Paychex would be to make their process a little faster. Sometimes it feels like there's a lag while processing payroll. Apart from that Paychex is pretty good.
  • Interactive
  • Easy
  • Good Customer Service
  • Citrix program is slow
  • Interface looks outdated
I would recommend Paychex. I have worked on it for 4 years and I feel comfortable with it. The good thing about Paychex is that you can use it from anywhere. All you need is a computer and an internet connection.
Teresa McLaughlin | TrustRadius Reviewer
I proposed my former employer switch to Paychex Online for all payroll needs. Once the contract was signed, I was the main user to input employee wages and salaries as well as deductions. The implementation of Paychex reduced the number of payroll processing errors. Such errors, including incorrect deduction calculations, etc., were frequent with our former payroll processor. Only the accounting department actually used the Paychex website, but all employees received paychecks and were happier when their earnings, etc., were correct.
  • Continued verification through set up and implementation. The representative was very thorough to ensure the first (and all subsequent) paycheck runs were accurate.
  • Multiple levels of verification and explanation regarding state deductions, especially for employees working in one state, but living in another.
  • Employee inquiries were not as readily available on the website. Ideally I'd have liked to have been able to allow employees to have access to review their paystubs, etc. online.
  • Reviewing previous activity was also not available (though may be now as it was in process when I used the system).
I think Paychex Online payroll can be an asset for nearly any employer, especially if there have been improvements to allow employee access and data storage. Many employees prefer to be paperless and would rather access paystubs, W-2s, etc. online and/or via email. It'd also be great for employees to be able to make healthcare, 401k, etc., selections online and/or review selections made previously or in a different venue.
The system was very intuitive and user friendly so there wasn't a lot of need to call support, but when necessary, the representatives were knowledgeable and able to help quickly.
Ginelle Cross, CPP | TrustRadius Reviewer
Used for double-entry accounting that we integrated with Paychex payroll solutions; used mainly by the accounting/payroll team. It lacks some bookkeeping features though that other applications offer such as purchase orders, item tracking, and comprehensive contact records. It is great for Double-entry accounting and very user friendly.
  • Interactive dashboard
  • Double-entry accounting
  • Customizable Chart of Accounts
  • Standard financial reports: Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss, and Trial Balance
  • You can connect to the financial institutions where you have accounts and download transactions
  • Can't assign invoices to categories like salesperson, division, or location, nor can your customers return a payment via credit card (there's no support for merchant accounts).
If you already use Paychex payroll services and want to marry them to very basic double-entry accounting functions, Paychex Accounting Online is certainly worth considering.
Yvetta Clark | TrustRadius Reviewer
Paychex Preview is used to process the payroll. 401(k) is processed by Paychex. Human Resources and employees use it to view and print their paychecks and W2s. The whole organization is able to use Paychex which I initiated for the company in 2013. This is one of the best decisions I have made when it comes to an outsourced payroll.
  • Customer Service is the best I have ever encountered.
  • Payroll is processed in a timely and efficient manner. If there is a problem Paychex usually gets right back to you with any correction you may need.
  • Reports processed from Paychex are very easy to understand and review.
  • Overall a wonderful company because of the positive experience I have had with two people that are my reps for Paychex.
  • One thing I can think of is when you need to run a report that has to include more than two years of payroll information (year to date salaries, etc.) you are unable to do so BUT if you contact your rep they can do it for you. I am sure they will come up with a solution for this problem sometime in the near future.
Paychex is well suited for a company of 10 up to 1000. I have only used Paychex for small companies so I am not able to say how it will work for a company of 1500 and up. Another feature of Paychex that I like is that you actually do all entries needed before the payroll is processed (employee updates, setup of garnishments, direct deposits, salaries, taxes, etc.). Because of this you have to have a knowledge of accounting which with other outsourced payrolls you don't need. With Paychex you have control - not them controlling you.
They deserve this rating. When I first began using Paychex at AIT they were there to answer all of my questions as needed because there was no one in the company who knew what they were doing. I had to do reports that Payroll normally did not do but I did. Thank goodness for Teshia and Martha at Paychex.
March 30, 2015

Paychex

John Peth | TrustRadius Reviewer
Paychex Accounting Online was used to process our payroll. It was also used across the company for time clock purposes as well. The interface was not user friendly and the reporting was particularly bad.
  • I do not think Paychex had any particular strengths.
  • Better reporting.
  • More user friendly interface.
  • Better customer support.
I would say look at ADP.
March 27, 2015

Human Resources

Blanca Rosado | TrustRadius Reviewer
It was used throughout the entire organization. It wasn't as easy to enter data as I had experienced with other programs.
  • Easy to acess employee information
  • Easy reporting features
  • Processing time was cut in half
  • The ability to enter data easily
What kind of reports does it produce?
We use it to process payroll for all employees within the organization. It saves us a tremendous amount of time in calculating, paying and filing taxes.
  • Easy interface to understand, very user friendly.
  • From an employee's perspective, there's really not much to it. You login in to view past paychecks and tax information. The simplicity is nice.
  • Reasonably priced.
  • The portals I've been in seem a little outdated from a design/UI perspective.
  • We have had issues with employees being unable to download copies of their paychecks because their browser was not supported.
It's a great solution if all you're looking for is to process payroll effectively. It does exactly what we need it to and has not crashed or had any bugs in the time that I've been here, so we have no reason to switch and I can't think of any features it doesn't have that we would really want.
Paychex Accounting Online is used for payroll only.
  • Enter payroll fairly quickly
  • They handle all the tax filings
  • They handle all the printing of W2
  • Let the employer have access to their PTO accrual and balances.
  • I have to talk to a representative whenever I want to change accrual and if year end accrual is always wrong because of check date and I had to talk to rep to change/correct the totals.
  • Year end reports so list bonus and wages separate.
I mainly have the PTO issue that I don't have control over and I always have to talk/email a representative to add PTO for a new employee or if there is an issue with PTO.

Paychex Accounting Online Scorecard Summary

Payroll Management (5)
Pay calculation (8)
Benefit plan administration (5)
Direct deposit files (8)
Salary revision and increment management (5)
Reimbursement management (3)
Customization (2)
API for custom integration (2)
Plug-ins (1)
Security (2)
Single sign-on capability (3)
Role-based user permissions (3)
Reporting & Analytics (3)
Dashboards (2)
6.0
Standard reports (6)
Custom reports (4)
General Ledger and Configurable Accounting (12)
Accounts payable (1)
Accounts receivable (1)
Cash management (1)
Bank reconciliation (1)
Expense management (1)
Time tracking (3)
6.2
Fixed asset management (1)
Multi-currency support (1)
Multi-division support (2)
4.4
Regulations compliance (1)
Electronic tax filing (4)
Self-service portal (4)

What is Paychex Accounting Online?

Paychex Accounting Online is accounting and financial management software that is hosted in the cloud. This software automates invoicing and billing, tracks expenses and income, and provides todayês small business owner with real-time visibility of their cash flow and financial position. Delivered as SaaS (Software as a Service), Paychex Accounting Online is accessible directly from the internet through all major browsers (IE, Safari, FireFox, and Chrome). It is also accessible on mobile devices (iPad, iPhone and Android) and mobile web browsers.

Paychex Accounting Online Features

• Supported: True accounting in the cloud _ Double entry and accrual based
  • Supported: Mobility access for the on the go business owner
  • Supported: Invoicing, expensing, and bank integration for importing transactions with bank reconciliation
  • Supported: Multi user access
  • Supported: Dashboard with Quick Entry

Paychex Accounting Online Screenshots

Paychex Accounting Online Video

Visit http://www.paychex.com/accounting-online/resources.aspx to watch Paychex Accounting Online video.

Paychex Accounting Online Integrations