Paychex Accounting Online is accounting and financial management software that is hosted in the cloud. This software automates invoicing and billing, tracks expenses and income, and provides todayês small business owner with real-time visibility of their cash flow and financial position. Delivered as SaaS (Software as a Service), Paychex Accounting Online is accessible directly from the internet through all major browsers (IE, Safari, FireFox, and Chrome). It is also accessible on mobile devices (iPad, iPhone and Android) and mobile web browsers.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/pg/KR/7GM8OTWO47NZ.pngSolid system, no complaints.We use it to process payroll for all employees within the organization. It saves us a tremendous amount of time in calculating, paying and filing taxes.,Easy interface to understand, very user friendly. From an employee's perspective, there's really not much to it. You login in to view past paychecks and tax information. The simplicity is nice. Reasonably priced.,The portals I've been in seem a little outdated from a design/UI perspective. We have had issues with employees being unable to download copies of their paychecks because their browser was not supported.,7,It's saved us time processing payroll. Which is all we needed it to do. Worth the investment.,,Unanet, Microsoft Dynamics SLPaychex ultra reviewWe are a non-profit firm that manages charter schools in Southern California. Our charter schools have been on Paychex for a long time. We process payroll for all the staff members at the schools. We are comfortable using Paychex and Paychex's support is always very helpful. Our assigned customer service representative Sophie Lam is very helpful. The only thing I would recommend to Paychex would be to make their process a little faster. Sometimes it feels like there's a lag while processing payroll. Apart from that Paychex is pretty good.,Interactive Easy Good Customer Service,Citrix program is slow Interface looks outdated,8,It's a good value for our clients.,Paycom,PaycomPaychex Online Payroll was GreatI proposed my former employer switch to Paychex Online for all payroll needs. Once the contract was signed, I was the main user to input employee wages and salaries as well as deductions. The implementation of Paychex reduced the number of payroll processing errors. Such errors, including incorrect deduction calculations, etc., were frequent with our former payroll processor. Only the accounting department actually used the Paychex website, but all employees received paychecks and were happier when their earnings, etc., were correct.,Continued verification through set up and implementation. The representative was very thorough to ensure the first (and all subsequent) paycheck runs were accurate. Multiple levels of verification and explanation regarding state deductions, especially for employees working in one state, but living in another.,Employee inquiries were not as readily available on the website. Ideally I'd have liked to have been able to allow employees to have access to review their paystubs, etc. online. Reviewing previous activity was also not available (though may be now as it was in process when I used the system).,8,Accurate employee paycheck calculations Reduction of costs and errors/corrections compared to prior system Ease of submitting wage and salary information for biweekly payroll as well as quick response to one-off manual or bonus check scenarios.,,1,1,Payroll deduction tracking Payroll tax calculation and payment,More efficient and private payroll records,10,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability,Don't know,No,10,10,No,Entering a new employee State tax deductions and calculations,10User Friendly and FunctionalUsed for double-entry accounting that we integrated with Paychex payroll solutions; used mainly by the accounting/payroll team. It lacks some bookkeeping features though that other applications offer such as purchase orders, item tracking, and comprehensive contact records. It is great for Double-entry accounting and very user friendly.,Interactive dashboard Double-entry accounting Customizable Chart of Accounts Standard financial reports: Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss, and Trial Balance You can connect to the financial institutions where you have accounts and download transactions,Can't assign invoices to categories like salesperson, division, or location, nor can your customers return a payment via credit card (there's no support for merchant accounts).,7,Certainly increased employee efficiency, the website is easy to understand and use,QuickBooks OnlineWhy I Love Paychex PreviewPaychex Preview is used to process the payroll. 401(k) is processed by Paychex. Human Resources and employees use it to view and print their paychecks and W2s. The whole organization is able to use Paychex which I initiated for the company in 2013. This is one of the best decisions I have made when it comes to an outsourced payroll.,Customer Service is the best I have ever encountered. Payroll is processed in a timely and efficient manner. If there is a problem Paychex usually gets right back to you with any correction you may need. Reports processed from Paychex are very easy to understand and review. Overall a wonderful company because of the positive experience I have had with two people that are my reps for Paychex.,One thing I can think of is when you need to run a report that has to include more than two years of payroll information (year to date salaries, etc.) you are unable to do so BUT if you contact your rep they can do it for you. I am sure they will come up with a solution for this problem sometime in the near future.,9,The most positive impact Paychex has is their Customer Service. I LOVE Paychex Customer Service. Enough said. Paychex's IT Department is on point.,,9,All the time. One point was EVERY pay period I never received the information I needed to complete my side of the payroll from another department. Not once did this department ever submit Personal Action Reports when requested, always two days later or the same day the payroll was to be transmitted to Paychex. I would call Paychex to let them know I would be late with transmission of they payroll and they were always there to help me with this on going problem.
Paychex Accounting Online

Paychex Accounting Online Reviews

Paychex Accounting Online
Filter 25 vetted Paychex Accounting Online reviews and ratings
February 09, 2018

Paychex Accounting Online Review: "Solid system, no complaints."

• Easy interface to understand, very user friendly.
  • From an employee's perspective, there's really not much to it. You login in to view past paychecks and tax information. The simplicity is nice.
  • Reasonably priced.
  • The portals I've been in seem a little outdated from a design/UI perspective.
  • We have had issues with employees being unable to download copies of their paychecks because their browser was not supported.
It's a great solution if all you're looking for is to process payroll effectively. It does exactly what we need it to and has not crashed or had any bugs in the time that I've been here, so we have no reason to switch and I can't think of any features it doesn't have that we would really want.
Zain Quaid profile photo
September 16, 2016

Paychex Accounting Online: "Paychex ultra review"

• Interactive
  • Easy
  • Good Customer Service
  • Citrix program is slow
  • Interface looks outdated
I would recommend Paychex. I have worked on it for 4 years and I feel comfortable with it. The good thing about Paychex is that you can use it from anywhere. All you need is a computer and an internet connection.
Read Zain Quaid's full review
Teresa McLaughlin profile photo
April 02, 2015

Paychex Accounting Online Review: "Paychex Online Payroll was Great"

• Continued verification through set up and implementation. The representative was very thorough to ensure the first (and all subsequent) paycheck runs were accurate.
  • Multiple levels of verification and explanation regarding state deductions, especially for employees working in one state, but living in another.
  • Employee inquiries were not as readily available on the website. Ideally I'd have liked to have been able to allow employees to have access to review their paystubs, etc. online.
  • Reviewing previous activity was also not available (though may be now as it was in process when I used the system).
I think Paychex Online payroll can be an asset for nearly any employer, especially if there have been improvements to allow employee access and data storage. Many employees prefer to be paperless and would rather access paystubs, W-2s, etc. online and/or via email. It'd also be great for employees to be able to make healthcare, 401k, etc., selections online and/or review selections made previously or in a different venue.
Read Teresa McLaughlin's full review
Ginelle Cross, CPP profile photo
March 27, 2015

Paychex Accounting Online Review: "User Friendly and Functional"

• Interactive dashboard
  • Double-entry accounting
  • Customizable Chart of Accounts
  • Standard financial reports: Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss, and Trial Balance
  • You can connect to the financial institutions where you have accounts and download transactions
  • Can't assign invoices to categories like salesperson, division, or location, nor can your customers return a payment via credit card (there's no support for merchant accounts).
If you already use Paychex payroll services and want to marry them to very basic double-entry accounting functions, Paychex Accounting Online is certainly worth considering.
Read Ginelle Cross, CPP's full review
Yvetta Clark profile photo
March 24, 2015

Paychex Accounting Online: "Why I Love Paychex Preview"

• Customer Service is the best I have ever encountered.
  • Payroll is processed in a timely and efficient manner. If there is a problem Paychex usually gets right back to you with any correction you may need.
  • Reports processed from Paychex are very easy to understand and review.
  • Overall a wonderful company because of the positive experience I have had with two people that are my reps for Paychex.
  • One thing I can think of is when you need to run a report that has to include more than two years of payroll information (year to date salaries, etc.) you are unable to do so BUT if you contact your rep they can do it for you. I am sure they will come up with a solution for this problem sometime in the near future.
Paychex is well suited for a company of 10 up to 1000. I have only used Paychex for small companies so I am not able to say how it will work for a company of 1500 and up. Another feature of Paychex that I like is that you actually do all entries needed before the payroll is processed (employee updates, setup of garnishments, direct deposits, salaries, taxes, etc.). Because of this you have to have a knowledge of accounting which with other outsourced payrolls you don't need. With Paychex you have control - not them controlling you.
Read Yvetta Clark's full review
John Peth profile photo
March 30, 2015

Paychex Accounting Online Review: "Paychex"

Paychex Accounting Online was used to process our payroll. It was also used across the company for time clock purposes as well. The interface was not user friendly and the reporting was particularly bad.
  • I do not think Paychex had any particular strengths.
  • Better reporting.
  • More user friendly interface.
  • Better customer support.
I would say look at ADP.
Read John Peth's full review
Blanca Rosado profile photo
March 27, 2015

Paychex Accounting Online Review: "Human Resources"

It was used throughout the entire organization. It wasn't as easy to enter data as I had experienced with other programs.
  • Easy to acess employee information
  • Easy reporting features
  • Processing time was cut in half
  • The ability to enter data easily
What kind of reports does it produce?
Read Blanca Rosado's full review
August 19, 2015

Paychex Accounting Online Review: "Paychex cost effective but not always user friendly"

Paychex Accounting Online is used for payroll only.
  • Enter payroll fairly quickly
  • They handle all the tax filings
  • They handle all the printing of W2
  • Let the employer have access to their PTO accrual and balances.
  • I have to talk to a representative whenever I want to change accrual and if year end accrual is always wrong because of check date and I had to talk to rep to change/correct the totals.
  • Year end reports so list bonus and wages separate.
I mainly have the PTO issue that I don't have control over and I always have to talk/email a representative to add PTO for a new employee or if there is an issue with PTO.

Pay calculation (8)
Benefit plan administration (5)
Direct deposit files (8)
Salary revision and increment management (5)
Reimbursement management (3)
API for custom integration (2)
Plug-ins (1)
Single sign-on capability (3)
Role-based user permissions (3)
Dashboards (2)
Bank reconciliation (1)
Expense management (1)
Time tracking (3)
6.2
Fixed asset management (1)
Multi-currency support (1)
Multi-division support (2)
4.4
Regulations compliance (1)
Electronic tax filing (4)
Self-service portal (4)

About Paychex Accounting Online

Paychex Accounting Online Features

Has featureTrue accounting in the cloud _ Double entry and accrual based
Has featureMobility access for the on the go business owner
Has featureInvoicing, expensing, and bank integration for importing transactions with bank reconciliation
Has featureMulti user access