- Pay calculation (8)8.080%
- Direct deposit files (8)8.080%
- Benefit plan administration (5)8.080%
- Standard reports (6)8.080%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Paychex Accounting Online, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Supported: True accounting in the cloud _ Double entry and accrual based
- Supported: Mobility access for the on the go business owner
- Supported: Invoicing, expensing, and bank integration for importing transactions with bank reconciliation
- Supported: Multi user access
- Supported: Dashboard with Quick Entry
Visit http://www.paychex.com/accounting-online/resources.aspx to watch Paychex Accounting Online video.
- Paychex Payroll
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||80%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||0%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||0%|
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries||United States|
- Process payroll
- Tax notices are addressed quickly
- Account manager is very responsive
- If payroll has an error we can pull back with no issues in a timely manner
- The custom reporting area is very busy. It took me some extra time to figure things out.
- Easy interface to understand, very user friendly.
- From an employee's perspective, there's really not much to it. You login in to view past paychecks and tax information. The simplicity is nice.
- Reasonably priced.
- The portals I've been in seem a little outdated from a design/UI perspective.
- We have had issues with employees being unable to download copies of their paychecks because their browser was not supported.
- Good Customer Service
- Citrix program is slow
- Interface looks outdated
- Enter payroll fairly quickly
- They handle all the tax filings
- They handle all the printing of W2
- Let the employer have access to their PTO accrual and balances.
- I have to talk to a representative whenever I want to change accrual and if year end accrual is always wrong because of check date and I had to talk to rep to change/correct the totals.
- Year end reports so list bonus and wages separate.
- Continued verification through set up and implementation. The representative was very thorough to ensure the first (and all subsequent) paycheck runs were accurate.
- Multiple levels of verification and explanation regarding state deductions, especially for employees working in one state, but living in another.
- Employee inquiries were not as readily available on the website. Ideally I'd have liked to have been able to allow employees to have access to review their paystubs, etc. online.
- Reviewing previous activity was also not available (though may be now as it was in process when I used the system).
- I do not think Paychex had any particular strengths.
- Better reporting.
- More user friendly interface.
- Better customer support.
- Easy to acess employee information
- Easy reporting features
- Processing time was cut in half
- The ability to enter data easily
- Interactive dashboard
- Double-entry accounting
- Customizable Chart of Accounts
- Standard financial reports: Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss, and Trial Balance
- You can connect to the financial institutions where you have accounts and download transactions
- Can't assign invoices to categories like salesperson, division, or location, nor can your customers return a payment via credit card (there's no support for merchant accounts).
- Customer Service is the best I have ever encountered.
- Payroll is processed in a timely and efficient manner. If there is a problem Paychex usually gets right back to you with any correction you may need.
- Reports processed from Paychex are very easy to understand and review.
- Overall a wonderful company because of the positive experience I have had with two people that are my reps for Paychex.
- One thing I can think of is when you need to run a report that has to include more than two years of payroll information (year to date salaries, etc.) you are unable to do so BUT if you contact your rep they can do it for you. I am sure they will come up with a solution for this problem sometime in the near future.