Paycom

Paycom Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

• Provides easy-to-use payroll software that is structured to help eliminate human error, allowing me to self-manage payroll with complete accuracy.
  • Automatically generates the necessary and easy-to-access reports relating to wages and payroll taxes paid.
  • Offers exceptional customer service with dedicated representatives who are very professional, responsive, knowledgeable, and courteous.
  • Received thorough personal instruction/training on the use of the online software program.
  • Unsure if this is feasible, but when I once processed my payroll late as a result of a death in the family, I would have preferred the option of simply receiving my pay late vs. paying a fee to expedite payroll.
Jonathan Stankey | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Paycom's customer services is amazing. Always very helpful and knowledgeable.
  • Paycom's system is very clean and user-friendly. Most issues I run into I can figure out how to correct on my own without having to contact Paycom.
  • Unique employee situations are easy to navigate due to how organized Paycom's system is. The system is very flexible with the business's needs.
  • Getting in contact with someone at Paycom via phone call can be tough sometimes.
  • Running reports can be pretty confusing but thankfully our rep is always willing to help.

Paycom is a Power Tool!

Quinika Qualls | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Customer Service Accessibility and knowledge.
  • 'How-to' visuals such as 1-pagers and short video clips.
  • Flexibility to customize forms, applications, templates, etc.
  • User-friendly and provides an option to view from the client side and EE view.
  • Secure uploader response when submitting items here.
  • Ability to schedule a background check from the applicant's page. The option is there but the feature does not work.
  • Option to withdraw assigned survey.
  • There is no email notification option when assigning performance goals and performance reviews. I would like to be able to notify the employee that this action item is in their queue by sending an email when assigned and/or they should get a notification in the EE view (indicated by the bell in the top right corner of their home screen) that they have an action item to complete.
  • Setting up performance reviews are a little complicated to navigate to ensure all items are connected and tied together for the employee to view on their end and also that they populate in the Talent Manager's queue. Great feature but not easy to navigate even with the help of our account specialist.
September 03, 2021

Paycom - A CPA's Choice

• Intuitive Menus - easy to learn
  • Payroll processing - easy to follow the steps. Safeguards built in to the system
  • Support Calls - representatives are generally able to answer my questions
  • Onboarding new employees
  • Support is good, but I don't think it is as good as in prior years. I rarely get my dedicated rep on a call. In the past, I was always informed of a change in representatives. I no longer receive this information ahead of time.
  • Time Card Search - Option to only see Active Employees. I know I can utilize the batch edit function, but it would be much easier to only see active employees. If I get out of batch editing, it reverts back to all employees. This also makes it harder for managers who do not have as much experience in the system.
  • In Advanced Scheduling, I find the templates to be a little difficult to deal with.
  • Your pricing for additional services is high. Particularly for amended returns. When Congress made retroactive changes to the COVID tax credits available for 2021, it would have been nice for you to have offered the amended returns at a reduced cost.
  • I still have trouble with some of the terminology in Document Management. Editable vs Non-Editable. Perhaps I just need more training.
Scott Polovitch-Davis | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Outstanding customer service
  • Easy to navigate for managers
  • Use of geofencing to enable staff to punch in on their phones
  • Punch change requests submitted by staff are easy to accept and manage
  • I'd like more ability to customize reports, in particular getting all pay rates for all jobs
  • Managers need to be alerted when staff clock in for a job for which they don't have a pay rate
  • PAF's: I no longer have to remember to make changes in payroll. PAF's make the changes for me! Payroll day has become much easier!
  • Checklists (HR): We no longer use a checklist in word or excel to remind us of all of the tasks that need to be done when we on-board, off-board, have a life change event, etc. Checklists make life so much easier!
  • Validating Payroll: The warnings that are given when we process payroll take all of the guesswork out of ensuring payroll is correct.
  • Timecards and Punch Change Requests: Our team is empowered to make changes to their own timecards (with supervisor's approval). This has cut down on correction times incredibly!!!
  • Support: This is my favorite thing about Paycom. From the minute we started the transition process to this very day, our TSR, Specialist and Account Executive are incredibly responsive and helpful!
  • Paycom is always making adjustments and improvement. At the current time, I can't think of anything that would need to be changed. We have requested feature changes in the past and are always pleasantly surprised when we learn that the have made an adjustment to help us reach our end goals.
Carlos St. John | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Self-Onboarding - Instead of collecting paperwork and then manually entering in new hires all the time, Paycom's self onboarding takes a lot of work off of HR and requires the new hire to enter in their own information. What took me around 10-15 minutes to enter a new hire in our previous payroll system takes me less than 5 in Paycom.
  • Employee Self Service View - There are so many times where an employee cant find something or do something correctly. The ESS view allows me to essentially enter into that employee's account and see what they see. Although not a fully functional, it allows me to gain wherewithal to at least know how to direct them.
  • Batch Approval - I can approve 10 new hire's benefits all at once in less than 10 seconds. This is an incredible feature. And I know this applies to other areas such as Batch edits (e.g. have to move a group of employees to a new department/branch - you can do it all at once instead of individually changing each employee).
  • ESS - While the ESS is amazing, I wish it was more fully functional. Sometimes I want to click into something to see where it will take an employee but it functions more like a demo so I cannot truly operate it as an employee can. This limits my ability to guide an employee.
  • i9 Approvals - I wish Paycom had an easier way to give someone access to complete an i9 in Paycom. Our company hires a great deal of remote employees, so we often get the i9 done in person by other employees doing the i9 in their area. Every time this happens, we have to create that employee a user access, give them an access profile, etc. just so they can do an i9. I wish there was a way that was easier and less complicated.
  • Timekeeping platform is easy for our employees to understand.
  • Access for employees to update their own information keeps them responsible.
  • Having all information accessible in one database allows for better record keeping.
  • Document creation and storage also helps with improved record keeping.
  • Reporting works well but it is difficult sometimes to get everything you need in one place. Multiple reports are sometimes necessary.
  • Help and support area does not always give enough information on certain areas or issues.
  • Paycom has a lot of features that are useful but they charge for every addition and also want an implementation fee for each. This makes some of those features unaffordable, no matter the benefit.
  • Timely payroll processing
  • Ease of processing
  • Stay apprised on pertinent issues that affect payroll reporting
  • Stress free payroll processing for employers both large and small
  • Would like to see a notification by email when reports have been loaded or messages in inbox.
  • Paycom should review each account annually to ensure account billings are accurate and clients are happy with their services.
  • Original reports are only kept for a couple of months and are not archived. Clients must write a query to capture any details that are needed.

Paycom? Worth it!

• Payroll
  • End of year tax forms.
  • Updating personal information.
  • Report Center is hard to function from time to time. However, whenever I have an issue, I reach out to Wyatt Nirider and he provides the help I need.

Perfectly pleased!

• Continually developing new features.
  • One stop shop!
  • Developments seem to take a while to roll out when coming from a client pain point(i.e. IT ticket)
  • Staff seems over worked or spread too thin. While we have a dedicated specialist, they are never available when we call in.
  • If an employee is both 1099 and W2, they have two separate entries. It could be helpful to the client and the impacted employee to make this a toggle.
Emily Fasano | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Paycom is all [I] need to manage the talent. I can easily view a particular employee's progress through its working hours and so I easily promote the employee to the senior position and in case of any vacancy, I can publish the hiring note prior [to] the timings.
  • I can easily manage the workforce through talent acquisition and carry out all the activities associated with human resources management quite easily.
  • To manage the payroll is quite simple as it processes the receipts and the paychecks directly from the banks. Also, it gives me detailed reporting about particular employee’s data and offers an easy association with accounting software, thus I have got rid of manual maintenance of the data.
  • Paycom could bring more flexibility in their pricing policy and should provide some detailed videos about how we could manage the passwords because I think for beginners it’s confusing.
  • Integration should be provided with other similar applications for easy dragging and dropping of the data.
Carson Belmont | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • It is very detailed in the time tracking of hourly employees. There are time punches for every occasion with "Comment" space for employees and/or supervisors to make necessary adds.
  • Its reporting functionality on all in and out punches is very extensive. It can report on any category it tracks and you have the ability to export to excel.
  • The vacation/sick time tracking and request off process is very easy to use and great for employees to have access to view and request.
  • The reporting although very extensive has a little convoluted and could use some better standard reports that you do not have to build yourself.
  • Although it has a batch edit functionality for editing time cards, the batch option only works with all employees, it would be nice if you could select specific employees and then batch edit those selected.
  • Employee self-service is user-friendly and gives the employee the ability to see all their employment info in one source.
  • In the Time and Attendance section, if an hourly employee is missing a punch in/out they will receive an email reminder that this is needed and their supervisor will also receive the same email reminder.
  • Reporting is great and user-friendly. You do not have to be an IT expert to run and create endless reports.
  • Benefits enrollment is a great time saver. Being able to upload the different benefits info to the site and have the employee be able to see it is a big paper and time saver.
  • Our company code is 0UF14 with the first digit being a zero. I had to reset many of employees' access due to this. Seems silly but when we were all new to the system I spent a lot of time dealing with this.
  • The COVID issues and our specialist working from home did not always give me the fastest answers to any questions that came up. They would have to create a ticket for research if they did not have the answer themselves.
  • This is a pricey system, but you do get what you pay for.
  • Flexible reporting
  • Timeclock Kiosks that allow comments
  • On time accurate payroll
  • I have never mastered the GL concierge and use my own spreadsheet report
  • I struggle with ACA and all it's moving parts
  • Have an issue that Paycoms upload dates of 401k contributions don't coincide with the 401k company received dates
dana leonard | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • We employee 80 people. If I had to manually maintain the ACA records, that would be a time consuming job and probably a disaster. Paycom allows me to monitor the automatic updates for errors and, at the end of the year, it's a simple process of submitting the information.
  • Paycom has a detailed tracking system for employee reviews and anniversaries. We have our system with various employee reviews depending on employee status such as hourly, salary, manager, etc. It also allows the employee to view feedback on their annual reviews.
  • Onboarding is simple with Paycom and actually is tailored for the organization. Once the employee arrives to the job site, the (electronic) paperwork is done.
  • A more recent problem we have had (only since COVID) when Paycom is called for an issue with something and you call back you get conflicting information.
  • Being assigned a certain specialist for our needs is a great assistance, but over the years the turnover has been frequent. You get used to a specialist and then you are sent to new one.
  • One function that has been an issue is accruals. Employees will want to use their PTO but the system is not updated for them. Often I have to manually put it in and wait for it to update after the pay period is submitted.
August 17, 2021

Hard work but worth it

• Communication and enrollment for benefits for our employees was a huge change and it is a simple platform to set up and manage day to day.
  • The ability to provide one location for all employee information is great for both the employee and the organization.
  • I had a hard time at first with the payroll specialist that was assigned to our account. Once I found the right person, we work wonderfully together. It made a world of difference.
  • When working in multiple states, I would like the ability to lock the labor allocation to the specific location, but if they work at another location, you can't override the lock that is placed. Even as an administrator, you can't override the labor allocation.
  • Not informing us of updates before they happen
  • I would like the ability to keep employee corrective action and conversation logs.
  • Paycom's timecards are easier and more intuitive for employees/managers to use than they were in ADP.
  • Because Paycom develops their own software, they are able to be far more agile and nimble in either making changes or suggesting new updates because it doesn't have to go up a ladder.
  • Hands down, Paycom's customer service is a massive improvement from ADP's. In the rare case that our specific rep is unavailable, we are connected with someone who is just as knowledgeable and helpful as they are.
  • Our Transition Specialist, Pete Nielsen, is incomparable. He helped us manage this transition with patience, knowledge, and incredible expertise. He made this 100 times easier than it would've been without him.
  • Our EDI feed took longer than anticipated to transition over. It felt like the benefits section in general could potentially be improved.
  • Cater to your organization
  • Works individually with you
  • Knowledgeable about all aspects of the system
  • Ease of use, there is a lot of information but is sometimes too much for employees
  • Geofencing does not work as described due to different cell phone accounts
  • Connecting with Outlook
  • Ability to text through system

Paycom Scorecard Summary

Human Resource Management (7)
Employee demographic data (150)
Employment history (141)
Job profiles and administration (138)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (141)
Organizational charting (104)
Organization and location management (120)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (116)
Payroll Management (7)
Pay calculation (173)
Support for external payroll vendors (47)
6.5
Off-cycle/On-Demand payment (13)
Benefit plan administration (142)
Direct deposit files (174)
Salary revision and increment management (141)
Reimbursement management (96)
Leave and Attendance Management (3)
Approval workflow (147)
Balance details (148)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (128)
Employee Self Service (5)
View and generate pay and benefit information (179)
Update personal information (179)
View company policy documentation (154)
Employee recognition (85)
View job history (134)
Asset Management (1)
4.5
Tracking of all physical assets (26)
4.5
HR Reporting (3)
Report builder (142)
Pre-built reports (140)
Ability to combine HR data with external data (55)
5.4
Onboarding (2)
New hire portal (133)
Manager tracking tools (116)
Performance and Goals (4)
5.9
Corporate goal setting (36)
4.0
Individual goal setting (76)
Line-of sight-visibility (35)
4.1
Performance tracking (81)
Performance Management (5)
Performance plans (99)
Performance improvement plans (93)
Review status tracking (97)
Review reminders (100)
Multiple review frequency (91)
Succession Planning (4)
6.7
Create succession plans/pools (24)
Candidate ranking (30)
6.7
Candidate search (33)
5.7
Candidate development (29)
5.2
Recruiting / ATS (7)
Job Requisition Management (86)
Company Website Posting (88)
Publish to Social Media (69)
Job Search Site Posting (79)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (76)
Applicant Tracking (91)
Notifications and Alerts (93)

What is Paycom?

Paycom provides HR and employee-driven payroll technology to enhance the entire employee life cycle. It is designed to support employee management from hire to retire in one system. Through a self-service app, employees can request time off, clock in and out, and do their own payroll, so they to be accountable for the accuracy of their personal data. Beti automatically builds and manages payroll through an employee-driven experience.

Paycom Features

Human Resource Management Features

• Supported: Employee demographic data
  • Supported: Employment history
  • Supported: Job profiles and administration
  • Supported: Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
  • Supported: Benefits information
  • Supported: Organizational charting
  • Supported: Organization and location management
  • Supported: Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)

Payroll Management Features

HR Reporting Features

• Supported: Report builder
  • Supported: Pre-built reports

Integration with other HR capabilities Features

• Supported: Additional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor

Performance Management Features

• Supported: Applicant Tracking
  • Supported: Notifications and Alerts

Paycom Screenshots

Paycom Videos

See how streamlining HR and payroll processes in one user-friendly software can elevate engagement and the overall employee experience. Learn More: https://www.paycom.com/
When businesses stick with outdated HR processes, all you can do is grin and bear it. Learn how Paycom can help turn that fake smile into a real one. Find out more at https://paycom.com/
What happens when outdated HR processes make your job harder? Nothing good. Paycom’s single HR software makes everyone in your organization more efficient. Learn how at https://paycom.com
What's wrong with HR being stuck between employees and their data? A lot. Let Barbara Corcoran show you why ... and how Paycom can help your business overcome the overload. Find out more at https://paycom.com/
Is your HR tech (or lack thereof) holding your business back? Watch as Barbara Corcoran shows how Paycom can put you on the path to success. Find out more at paycom.com.

Paycom Competitors