Paycor

Paycor Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

Randall Putala | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Paycor to handle my payroll processing, as well as keeping me current with federal and state taxes, unemployment and reporting. Running a non-profit is a challenging task to begin with, as I must wear many hats and multi-task all day every day. Accounting is NOT my strong suit, so I like being able to let Paycor handle all of the financial details for me.

Paycor rocks

Catherine Haener CPA, PHR | TrustRadius Reviewer
PayCor is used by the entire organization. We use it to onboard new employees, to manage time and attendance, payroll and benefits. Our employees use PayCor to request vacation, watch their punches and read communications from the HR department. PayCor helps me to communicate with employees across three shifts, saves me a great deal of time managing payroll and benefits, and helps my supervisors manage and approve time cards.
We use Paycor to provide our workers their salaries. It provides everyone with an app base version to see their hours earned as well as how much PTO they are able to use. What's great is when someone requests time off you are instantly notified of the request. Also, the company provides plenty of ideas on how to keep track of other work issues like unpaid time off.

Paycor is great!

Dcn. Dustin Hungerford | TrustRadius Reviewer
Paycor is used across the entire organization and in the organization’s subsidiaries. Paycor handles the time and attendance, vacation scheduling, sick and personal time, as well as payroll. It’s ease of use is a major plus, as it can be accessed on any employee terminal as well as their mobile device.
Robin Bemis | TrustRadius Reviewer
Paycor is our company's HRIS. We use it as our central employee files, automated performance reviews and compensation management, coaching, feedback, tax and policy documents, employee handbook, job descriptions, payroll, benefits and employee recognition. Paycor has streamlined a lot of our processes, automated a lot of our processes and significantly reduced administrative burden.
I was with Paycor for five years. Recently and [I feel] abruptly, Paycor drastically raised my rate. I made the decision to switch companies. Since leaving Paycor, Paycor will not respond to give me the financial information for my company that I need and am legally entitled to. I have reached out no less than 8 times with absolutely zero response. Apparently, [in my experience] it is Paycor's practice to punish anyone that leaves by withholding information. I need the financial information for both my ongoing payroll and tax filings. I am appalled at Paycor's boldness in blatantly refusing to turn over this information. Do not use this company or [in my opinion] you will regret it.
Andrea Newnum | TrustRadius Reviewer
We started using Paycor over a year ago. We went from a very manual system to a pretty much automated user-friendly system. Paycor was fantastic to work with to implement this new software throughout our company. The training before and after implementation is fantastic. Customer service is great, I have not had an issue that they could not solve while I was on the phone. The constant upgrades to better the software help our company keep up to date. Paycor's report and analytics are great to stay on top of financials along with tracking retention and recruiting.
We transitioned to Paycor based on our need for an easier self-onboarding interface and because we were looking for better customer support. Our salesman way overpromised (he provided specifics of services that simply aren't available to clients of our size of 50+ employees and only available to 100+ employer companies), our implementation was incomplete and rushed and due to numerous human entry errors on the Paycor team, 8 months after implementation, we're still finding issues with how time off accruals was set up, or how other site features were configured. Trying to get "support" is a total and complete joke - their anticipated email response time is roughly 2 WEEKS (per their advice). Want to call someone for help?! Just be prepared to carve out at least 30mins of your workday, b/c, in my experience, a 20min hold time before having your call answered is typical. This is the 4th payroll provider that I've worked with intimately, and they lag in technology, system configuration, and reporting and are by far the worst in terms of customer support and implementation. So extremely disappointed!
We use it to process semi-monthly payroll for hourly and salary staff. We use it for timekeeping and paid time off requests. We use their applicant tracking system and onboarding for all new hires. We use it to verify the Form I-9 through E-verify. We use their benefits administration system. We also use their ACA system. 401K and FSA use a 180-degree integration.
October 31, 2021

Paycor for your jobcorp!

Paycor is set up to be very user unfriendly. In the event that I needed to change my banking information for DP, it made me contact corp and attempt to reach out to them to change it or via my manager. I did not have the choice or option to change the information easily myself.
October 26, 2021

Paycor is Excellent!

We have been using Paycor for over two years. We are much more satisfied with Paycor than the our previous provider , Ultimate Software. The Paycor system is very easy to understand and use. The Paycor system has allowed our Human Resources Department automate many paper processes. Overall, our experience with Paycor is very good. They did change their customer service model with lots of issues during the transition. Paycor has listened to our concerns on this issue and had made adjustments to fix the problems. Their customer service is very good now with good response times. Paycor communicates with us on ideas for improvement and involves us in the beta testing. This is important to us because we want the system to improve even more!
Our company uses Paycor as the HR and Payroll software for all employee usage. We use it for annual benefit enrolment, management, payroll (inc taxes, clocking in & out). We also use it for employees to request time off and submit missed time punches. Paycor is being used by our entire company, not just one or two divisions. Our company replaced a much more "clunky" solution that was browser-only based.
We used Paycor to process our company's payroll and also to manage our benefits enrollments, 401k settings, and onboarding. It helped our organization to keep all HR files in one place. We had a centralized HR department, which handled the benefits enrollment, and our Finance team handled the payroll processing.
Paycor was mainly used by our HR department to manage employee information, employee time, benefits, as well as leave requests. Paycor was also used organization-wide by employees to view previous and upcoming paystubs, pay rates, leave balance, and to submit leave requests. Paycor allowed for an easy approval system for leave requests that flowed simply from employee to supervisor.

Paycor Pays Off

Paycor has made management of time off (vacation and sick days) very simple. It also helps with keeping up with pay stubs and tax documentation and proof of employment. I personally don't use the daily clock in (due to being salary), but it also seems from our other users to work quite well for that. Managers of other users can adjust clock ins/outs if necessary to adjust time worked for payments. Overall I feel it has been a benefit to our company.
Paycor is used for payroll for all of our employees, over 200. We use it for hourly, salary and use the transfer capabilities for employees. It helps us allocate time for employees who transfer from job to job throughout the day.
Paycor is used company wide. It is mostly used for people to track their time to billable allocations and request time off but is also used to schedule and submit reviews. I most often use it to track time and find it very easy to do so using the mobile app.

Paycor Scorecard Summary

Human Resource Management (7)
Employee demographic data (153)
Employment history (164)
Job profiles and administration (150)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (151)
Organizational charting (108)
6.6
Organization and location management (114)
6.7
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (111)
6.6
Payroll Management (7)
Pay calculation (191)
Support for external payroll vendors (5)
Off-cycle/On-Demand payment (30)
Benefit plan administration (139)
6.7
Direct deposit files (188)
Salary revision and increment management (160)
Reimbursement management (8)
Leave and Attendance Management (3)
Approval workflow (116)
Balance details (132)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (111)
6.5
Employee Self Service (5)
View and generate pay and benefit information (161)
Update personal information (164)
View company policy documentation (121)
Employee recognition (7)
View job history (143)
Asset Management (1)
6.3
Tracking of all physical assets (51)
6.3
HR Reporting (3)
6.1
Report builder (149)
5.8
Pre-built reports (152)
Ability to combine HR data with external data (92)
5.6
Onboarding (2)
New hire portal (142)
Manager tracking tools (104)
Performance and Goals (4)
Corporate goal setting (1)
Individual goal setting (51)
Line-of sight-visibility (44)
Performance tracking (52)
Performance Management (5)
Performance plans (68)
Performance improvement plans (62)
Review status tracking (64)
Review reminders (66)
Multiple review frequency (55)
Succession Planning (1)
Candidate search (1)
Recruiting / ATS (15)
Job Requisition Management (55)
Company Website Posting (54)
Publish to Social Media (51)
Job Search Site Posting (50)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (44)
Applicant Tracking (56)
Notifications and Alerts (60)

What is Paycor?

Paycor creates HR software for leaders who want to make a difference. Paycor's Human Capital Management (HCM) platform aims to modernize every aspect of people management, from recruitment, onboarding and development, to payment and retention. For 30 years, Paycor states they have been listening to and partnering with leaders, so they know what they need: HR technology that saves time, analytics that provide actionable insights and dedicated support from HR experts. The vendor boasts more than 30,000 medium & small businesses using Paycor to help them solve problems and achieve their goals.

Paycor states they build HR software for leaders who want to:

Focus on Strategic Goals

A core HR solution for all employee data, so users never have to switch platforms, log-in to multiple systems, re-key information or open multiple spreadsheets.

Understand Their Business at a Deeper Level

Paycor Analytics brings enterprise-level insights to medium and small business.

See Around Corners

Paycor delivers expert advice at every stage of the process, from the consultative sales approach that seeks to understand the user's business before recommending solutions to ongoing guidance from a dedicated customer success team.

Paycor Features

Human Resource Management Features

• Supported: Employee demographic data
  • Supported: Employment history
  • Supported: Job profiles and administration
  • Supported: Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
  • Supported: Benefits information
  • Supported: Organizational charting
  • Supported: Organization and location management
  • Supported: Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)

Payroll Management Features

• Supported: Duplicate Candidate Prevention
  • Supported: Applicant Tracking
  • Supported: Notifications and Alerts

Paycor Screenshots

Take the complexity out of workforce analysis and planning. Get real-time data insights to make critical business decisions.Paycor Home ScreenEasily see your companies organizational chartStreamline and optimize your recruiting process so that candidates have a great experience and you can quickly and effectively fill open positions.Make the right staffing decisions and create work schedules with ease.Paycor's mobile app allows employees to punch in and out from their phones

Paycor Videos