Reviews (1-3 of 3)
May 07, 2020
Score 9 out of 10
Payroll by Wave is great, easy to use, intuitive payroll software. As a single owner/employee, I don't have need for a large scale or complicated system, and Wave offers a perfect solution at a very reasonable price point. Its easy to set up, and the customer support is top notch. It's literally just a few clicks of the mouse and payroll is taken care of.
- Time-saving: Everything is saved from one pay period to the next so it's very easy to click and run.
- Great price: Perfect for smaller businesses who don't need the extra bells and whistles
- Customer support: Any questions are addressed quickly, set up was a breeze.
- Can't think of any!
Read Alex Pegg's full review
Great for small business payroll needs. Reports and taxes are taken care of, everything is automated and once you're set up it's literally just a matter of minutes to run payroll each time. You also get email reminders which is helpful. There are premium features available for companies with larger/more robust needs, and I would definitely recommend looking into this software if you are searching for a user friendly payroll solution.
October 23, 2019
Score 10 out of 10
I use this to manage payroll for me and my small team. It makes paying employees and filing with the government super quick and easy.
- Simplified payroll filing.
- Easy to add/edit/remove employees.
- Integrates perfectly with my Wave bookkeeping.
- Additional filings such as WorkSafe, etc.
- More flexibility when it comes to paying a director.
Read Ryan Connolly's full review
Payroll by Wave is very well suited for small to medium-sized businesses that need an easy, low-cost way to correctly pay employees.
September 06, 2016
Score 7 out of 10
From the first time I got into the position of paying staff I've thought that the payroll process is overly complex for what needs to be accomplished. We contracted or hired a person to fill certain hours, roles or needs, so why is it so hard to reward them accordingly? Wave Payroll takes some of the headache, confusion, time and learning curve out of paying your employees. It onboards you quickly to the payroll process, and has you up and running with employee information in a matter of an hour as long as you have deposit and tax information on hand. The interface is easy and intuitive and settings are easy to find and change.
- An intuitive, clear UI helps you know where everything is, what options are at your disposal. Calendars and timelines show that Wave really thought out how to provide you with useful tool.
- Pay day can be automated and straightforward.
- Wave onboarding provides guidance at what information to input next until you are all set up.
- Payroll is a paid feature at $10 + $4/employee per month. I suppose this is a normal expense, but other payroll systems I've used, such as ones built into online banking, have cost me a fraction of this.
Read Brendon Brown's full review
Payroll by Wave is a simple tool - and of course it requires you to be inside the Wave ecosystem. So if you are invoicing and accounting with Wave, you are probably a small mom 'n pop setup in search of low-maintenance and cost-effective software. Payroll is a good complement to your Wave account.
Payroll by Wave Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Payroll by Wave
Wave Accounting headquartered in Toronto now offers Payroll by Wave, a payroll app for small businesses.
Payroll by Wave Technical Details