PDFelement Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Thomas Myers profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use PDFelement every day! I generate materials in various formats and use multiple unusual fonts. I find that if I send out a document in a different format, people will not see it properly, so sending pdfs is the only true alternative. I used to have an Adobe subscription just to generate and edit documents in pdf form, but that got very expensive. Then I looked for an alternative and decided to give PDFelement a try. I had tried other solutions and they fell short of what I needed to do. To my surprise, PDFelement did everything I needed to manage, edit and work in the pdf environment. The program had become my default pdf program on my Mac, but it is a bit heavy (which goes hand in hand with powerful). So to view a document I went back to Preview for this, but to do anything else I load it up on PDFelement for that to happen. I now use the program multiple times a day and love it.

Read Thomas Myers's full review
Amy Carter profile photo
September 05, 2019

PDFelement Pro

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am a novice PDF software user. This software is intuitive and very easy to navigate. I am discovering new features all the time and am having very little trouble learning how to use them. There are other, more experienced, users in my office making the switch to this software because of all that it can do! I highly recommend it for all levels of users.
Read Amy Carter's full review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We've been using PDFelement in the department for over a year now and it really helps in our day-to-day operations, such as editing health protocols, staff memos/protocols, and documents which need urgent amendments. We can use PDFelement both on the go or at the comfort of our own desk.
Eric Y profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use PDFelement to prepare PDF documents for our clients. Usually, to combine multiple files into one. Sometimes we have to edit the content of different PDFs before sending it out to our clients. I believe one of the business problems that we faced is the inability to edit the content of the PDFs. The free PDF software out there does not do a good job of helping you edit the content. For those who need to scan files and require OCR, this is also something we need.
Read Eric Y's full review
Abbie Duquette profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use PDFelement to edit PDFs when the original file is non-existent. I work with a lot of technologically-challenged individuals who don't understand that a PDF is not normally editable. They'll send me files with the classic "I need this edit on this ASAP," and when asked if they have the original file, I get "this is the original file." It's such an asset to be able to say yes without any hesitation or stipulation.
Read Abbie Duquette's full review
Michael Januszka profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I currently utilize PDFelement to convert Word documents to PDF format. I also use PDFelement to separate/extract large PDF scans to my computer. I found it just as easy if not easier than using Adobe Acrobat.
Read Michael Januszka's full review
Matt Shields profile photo
September 27, 2018

PDFelement is a timesaver

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

On a daily basis I need to scan documents into PDF and have the ability to edit them. With PDFelement, this has been made quick and easy. I've tried other software that's out there and have never been satisfied. I would highly recommend PDFelement and PDFelement Pro, it is well worth the cost.
Read Matt Shields's full review
roland goulet profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use PDFelement at home and at work. I use PDFelement at home to edit personal documents and create forms. On the business front, I use PDFelement to edit and create first article reports, and combine documents to reduce the space for emailing these files. I also organize the documents as well as highlight areas of importance.
Read roland goulet's full review
Stuart McLellan profile photo
September 28, 2018

Work easy with PDF

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

PDFelement is of major use in my research for my studies, within my business it is fast reliable and very user friendly. I create fillable forms and surveys in the program and convert most of my publications to PDF now. A really great program
Read Stuart McLellan's full review
Madson Pinto profile photo
September 28, 2018

It's worth it!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

PDFelement is a great tool to visualize and manage my docs. It provides an excellent PDF editor. It has an easy one-click function to convert PDF files to main Microsoft Office extensions (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). The OCR function is reliable on my conversions. It has great price/benefits on the market. I'm enjoying it.
Read Madson Pinto's full review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I handle legal for a private investment company, that invest in non-performing mortgages. We have a lot of foreclosure, bankruptcy and loss mitigation; and therefore have to draft and create a lot of documents. I've used a few Acrobat alternatives in my career. This is by the far the best for the money, and maybe the best all around; next to maybe Nuance, which is WAY more expensive. It does everything you could need it to, from; watermarks to OCR (even on a copy of a copy of a copy of a 1980s fax). You can add text boxes, convert to OCR and find and replace words in documents, about anything you can think of and all for a super cheap price.

I highly recommend it to anyone, on any level. It's SUPER easy to use and has a format and look, similar to Microsoft Word...which you can also convert PDF into Word and Excel.

Great tool to have if you are drafting documents or just need to edit one.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I often serve as a consultant on technological teaching modalities that are utilized in the education of healthcare professionals. I also work as an educator. I have used PDFelement to digitize traditional paper forms numerous times. I have found that the transition to digital documents has greatly improved my workflow; as well as, the workflow of my colleagues.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I'm using PDFelement as the default application to open, read and manage PDF files and forms as well as to combine various file types in one PDF file. The feature of optimizing existing PDF files that are of a certain size is particularly useful for reducing a file's size prior to sending it by email. I am currently the only person using PDF Element in the organizations I am currently engaged in and I opted to buy a copy of PDF Element as it does not require monthly renewals that would be both an extra cost and a nuisance to pay for on a periodical basis.
Coleen Carswell profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

My husband and I are semi-retired and provide consulting services for small businesses and individuals. We both had previously used Adobe Acrobat Pro for years at our previous organizations. We required a PDF editor that would have less of a learning curve for our clients, one that was less expensive and yet had the same features as the Pro version of Acrobat. After some research and after reading several reviews online, I chose PDFelement. It addresses all of our needs and our clients' needs, such as the automatic creation of fill-in forms, the ability to edit, comment, and digitally sign documents, and it offers security options.
Read Coleen Carswell's full review
Allen Schellenberg profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I used PDFelement for a number of reasons, as follows:
  1. - to annotate documents providing mark-ups for revision or comment to the author,
  2. - to annotate documents for my future reference, or to be used as personal notes when presenting to my Board,
  3. - to add Headers to a number of documents, then compile them into a single docket for distribution
  4. - to annotate with highlighting, or outline shapes in order to draw attention to key areas of a document
  5. - to print directly to a PDF file for distribution
Read Allen Schellenberg's full review
Lesley Maple profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use PDFelement to help keep paperwork for my business in the virtual realm instead of having reams of papers in files. As a pet sitting business we need to have service agreements, pet information forms, and similar documents for each customer. That's a lot of paper that I don't want to have laying around.
Read Lesley Maple's full review
Mike Costello profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I specifically purchased PDFelements to convert pdf files to Excel. I use another program as my PDF editor.

PDFelements works flawlessly for converting PDFs to an excel spreadsheet. Saves me hours of work manually inputting data.
Read Mike Costello's full review
Amani Ali profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

PDFelement in being used in lieu of Adobe Acrobat to view and edit PDFs. Generally I use it to organize pages within a PDF (cut out pages, make them their own PDF) or for editing text when all I have is a PDF version of a document. We have a small staff (4) and as the admin, I'm typically the only one using these features.
Read Amani Ali's full review
Alan Feldman profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use PDFelement to combine, edit, sign, and pull pages from PDF files for my photo restoration business as well as using it for my distributing files to my rotary club members.

I also teach photography on cruise ships and describe the use of it for imaging.
Read Alan Feldman's full review

About PDFelement

PDFelement is a PDF editor and document management solution from Wondershare Software headquartered in China. It provides support for editing, converting files, comments and collaboration, and OCR. It is an alternative to Adobe® Acrobat® and offers enterprise-grade PDF functionalities and perpetual licensing.

Sold globally in 9 different languages, PDFelement is a comprehensive PDF solution available on Windows, Mac, iOS, & Android.

More than ever, businesses need a powerful but intuitive solution that is easy to deploy and can be standardized across both Windows and Mac platforms. Wondershare offers PDFelement as a cost-effective solution that meets these requirements, for businesses with finite software budgets seeking to streamline their document workflows.

Enterprise-Class Features
Implement an easyPDF solution with powerful PDF editing, conversion, and collaboration tools.

Lower TCO
Cost-effective pricing delivers faster ROI and reduces your total cost of ownership by 60%.

Ease of Deployment
Get deployment support for Windows SCCM, Windows Terminal Server™, Citrix™, and more.

Easy to Own
Enjoy the freedom of Perpetual Licensing with no lengthy contractual requirements.

License Management
Self-serve license management allows the user to assign, revoke, add and remove licenses, and manage devices.

Standardize on a Single PDF Solution
Enable more users that require PDF capabilities with one standardized solution on both Windows and Mac

PDFelement Features

Has featurePDF Signature

PDFelement Screenshots

PDFelement Integrations

PDFelement Competitors

Adobe Acrobat DC, FoxitPhantom PDF, Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance Power PDF), Nitro Pro, SodaPDF

PDFelement Pro$129