PDQ Deploy Reviews

April 12, 2021
Mike Montagna | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use PDQ Deploy to roll out new software to end-users computers. This has been important since we have been working remote and it is harder to install new software. I also use PDQ Deploy for software updates that need to be installed on laptops across our organization. This way we can stay consistent on version of software.
  • Push out new software
  • Push out Updates to current software
  • Push out patches and updates that we don't have other ways to push out
  • Keep end-users updated with little involvement
  • Sometimes users need to accept something on the computer depending on the update
  • Users complain when they have to reboot after an update or to make the software version work correctly
[PDQ Deploy] is great software for most any shop, but I find it very helpful being a one man show and having to work remotely. I can do things faster not having to connect to each laptop and do updates. This save lots of time and makes managing many computers easy.
They have great support. Most everything is on line and it is easy to find. They have links to solve issues, but you are always only an email away from a person.
Yes - It is an easy upgrade. they will tell you when it is time to upgrade and it is fully automated upgrade.
Read Mike Montagna's full review
November 26, 2020
Jim Ryan | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use PDQ Deploy across our entire network of 250 computers. We know we can get Microsoft Security updates from WSUS or Patch Tuesday. But want do we do with all of the other browser, Flash PDF readers / writes and other common apps that are on our computers today. We use PDQ Deploy to push pre-built packages (by PDQ) to update the computers in one quick step.
  • Updated patches as soon as they are release from vendors
  • Integrates seamlessly with PDQ Inventory
  • Easy to re-deploy failed updates
  • As good as there email support is.. would like a live operator option
  • Some updates are hard to understand when 5 versions of the same program exist
  • Thats about it, PDQ deploy is the best out there
To stay compliant we need to keep all 3rd part apps up today. Google chrome, Firefox PDF readers, and Flash are the some of the biggest issues in my eyes. We do not give out admin rights to user so IT must install all updates; If I had to walk around even once a month and update all of these apps I would have not time for any other work. There 80-100 hours of work to do this. No organization has this type of money to do every month. That why we use PDQ products.... it pays for it self the first time you use it. Its like gaining 1/2 an IT guy using this simple tool
The support right now is only by Email, they reply very quickly and actually check back up on you.
There is talk of going to a paid phone support model that would be great for those who have special deployments and need help.
But the cost they put in there survey was way to high... I would only pay the standard 20%
Read Jim Ryan's full review
December 13, 2020
We use PDQ Deploy across the whole organization. We have offices all over the USA. Being in an engineering industry we deal with large applications like Autodesk, and, at the same time, so many tiny engineering applications. Installing these applications sometimes are complicated and cumbersome. PDQ Deploy is one tool that has solved all of our challenges.
  • Installing applications, updates and even drivers are very simple.
  • Scheduling installation is a big plus.
  • Creating custom packages based on applications and office location.
  • Certain .exe files cannot be pushed, it requires .msi files.
The majority of engineering software is managed from license servers. Based on office location, we need to customize the installation with different license servers. Certain software release add-ons/features frequently that you need to install on a regular basis. Installing the software and add-ons manually is very time-consuming. PDQ Deploy has resolved all these issues.
September 01, 2020
PDQ Deploy is implemented by our infrastructure team to deploy applications and patches quickly, silently and in bulk. Its been a life saver with volume license version of office deployments and a is a massive time saver any time I need to bulk deploy applications across our environment. It perfectly fills the need for bulk application deployment and silent installation.
  • Deploy applications in bulk across dozens of servers at a time, things like Office
  • Deploy AWS PV drivers and NVME drivers in bulk across dozens of servers
  • Automation and scheduling are locked behind the pay version, which is as close to a con as I can think of
When managing a large windows based environment PDQ is basically the gold standard for application deployment. If you have an exe, msi or ps1 script that needs to be pushed in bulk PDQ handles it quickly and easily. With the paid version you even get scheduling options.

Not well suited for Linux or Mac deployments from what I have tested.
I have not had to use PDQ Deploy support's process. In terms of the actual application, I haven't found an exe, msi or script that I can throw at it that it can't handle. Being able to call the config file for Office is an especially useful feature.
February 25, 2020
Remotely installing software across our fleet of 600+ PCs *had* always been particularly nightmarish - our tiny team frequently stretched to the limit just to maintain a basic set of default applications.
PDQ Deploy changed all of that, freeing up man hours and, of course, impressing the user base with our ability to deliver aplications to their workstations in moments.
We use the product across the whole site and thanks to its configurability it can perform more than just remote software installs; my most recent task simply fired up an iPerf3 server on a target machine (firewall rules were applied via the same package) and allowed easy performance testing between any two points on the network. Pretty nifty.
  • Allows targeted software installations on remote PCs based on factors such as AD OU membership.
  • Can automatically install updates for non-Microsoft products based on schedule.
  • I'd like a slightly cheaper licensing model for education.
  • A web-based console would be great.
PDQ Deploy is one of those things that comes along from time to time and changes EVERYTHING.
Think 'penicillin'.
Think 'the wheel'.
Think 'fire'.
Need to install a program on a remote PC? "PDQ it." Want to execute a program on a remote PC? "PDQ it." From a centralised network management perspective, this is my go-to system; I hate to think what work would be like without it.
The built-in help menus and general ease of use render whatever systems support there might be almost irrelevant. There is stability in the system's simplicity; if you're in the position to use such a product, you're your own best friend.
Simple web searches more often than not turn up the solution to any little niggles, such as what silent install switches specific applications require (a remarkably wide choice of options exist).
System updates are timely and unobtrusive, installing in no time at all. Maybe I've just been lucky; if so, long may it continue!
January 22, 2020
PDQ Deploy is one of the best products that we use in the IT team. It allows us to quickly and efficiently deploy apps, run scripts and pretty much do anything we need to do on our 400 remote and local client machines, without requiring engineering resources to be tied up in manually installing and deploying. It is also great for managing a large number of apps that get automatically updated (on a schedule), as well as pushing files that need updating, again on a schedule. I even use it to deploy my self-signed certificates! The best $500 my company had invested in a piece of software.
  • Effortless deployment of almost any piece of software.
  • Excellent file transfer utility.
  • The facility to attempt re-deployment can be a bit easier to use, however, once you get used to it, it is OK.
  • The errors that it produces can be a bit cryptic, so could do with some sort of a verbose mode, when logging issues with packages being deployed.
For my use case, which is mostly remote unattended deployments, PDQ Deploy performance is outstanding. Can it be made a little bit easier to use? Probably. Can it be faster, I am sure it can be! But these are minor issues. The functionality and reliability you get from it puts a lot of other products to shame (certain MS software comes to mind). My organisation uses it primarily for remote and automated deployments and it is great at that. What I would love to see is the capability to deploy OS images!
PDQ Deploy is an outstanding, reasonably priced product that provides as much functionality as SCCM (minus a few minor features). It can be installed and set up by almost anyone and does not require expensive MS licensing (or 10 days of professional services to get it to run to an acceptable standard). All this, paired with unparalleled ease of use and great functionality, is why I would always recommend using this product instead of anything else.

What is PDQ Deploy?

PDQ.com headquartered in Salt Lake City offers PDQ Deploy, a software deployment tool used to keep Windows PCs up-to-date without bothering end users.