PDQ Deploy Reviews

February 25, 2020

PDQ Deploy: One of those "WOW" applications that just keeps on giving

Remotely installing software across our fleet of 600+ PCs *had* always been particularly nightmarish - our tiny team frequently stretched to the limit just to maintain a basic set of default applications.
PDQ Deploy changed all of that, freeing up man hours and, of course, impressing the user base with our ability to deliver aplications to their workstations in moments.
We use the product across the whole site and thanks to its configurability it can perform more than just remote software installs; my most recent task simply fired up an iPerf3 server on a target machine (firewall rules were applied via the same package) and allowed easy performance testing between any two points on the network. Pretty nifty.
  • Allows targeted software installations on remote PCs based on factors such as AD OU membership.
  • Can automatically install updates for non-Microsoft products based on schedule.
  • I'd like a slightly cheaper licensing model for education.
  • A web-based console would be great.
PDQ Deploy is one of those things that comes along from time to time and changes EVERYTHING.
Think 'penicillin'.
Think 'the wheel'.
Think 'fire'.
Need to install a program on a remote PC? "PDQ it." Want to execute a program on a remote PC? "PDQ it." From a centralised network management perspective, this is my go-to system; I hate to think what work would be like without it.
January 22, 2020

Great functionality on a budget!

PDQ Deploy is one of the best products that we use in the IT team. It allows us to quickly and efficiently deploy apps, run scripts and pretty much do anything we need to do on our 400 remote and local client machines, without requiring engineering resources to be tied up in manually installing and deploying. It is also great for managing a large number of apps that get automatically updated (on a schedule), as well as pushing files that need updating, again on a schedule. I even use it to deploy my self-signed certificates! The best $500 my company had invested in a piece of software.
  • Effortless deployment of almost any piece of software.
  • Excellent file transfer utility.
  • The facility to attempt re-deployment can be a bit easier to use, however, once you get used to it, it is OK.
  • The errors that it produces can be a bit cryptic, so could do with some sort of a verbose mode, when logging issues with packages being deployed.
For my use case, which is mostly remote unattended deployments, PDQ Deploy performance is outstanding. Can it be made a little bit easier to use? Probably. Can it be faster, I am sure it can be! But these are minor issues. The functionality and reliability you get from it puts a lot of other products to shame (certain MS software comes to mind). My organisation uses it primarily for remote and automated deployments and it is great at that. What I would love to see is the capability to deploy OS images!

About PDQ Deploy

PDQ.com headquartered in Salt Lake City offers PDQ Deploy, a software deployment tool used to keep Windows PCs up-to-date without bothering end users.