Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
It's working well for us. Yes, we do have some challenges, but we're working through them. With all the time and money put in to this, why would we switch. Especially since we really haven't used this product to it's full potential, but that's many due to time challenges.
The key factor in continuing with VistaHRMS is the relationship and strategic partnership we have built with PDS. They strive to meet the needs of all of their customers by providing a flexible and configurable system. PDS strives to improve its product in the ways that are most important to their user base.
I feel so invested in Vista HRMS that I don't really want to try other options. I know we as an organization are not using this product to it's full potential and that is just due to us lacking the resources to be able to invest the time into breaking it apart and making it work to the best ability for us. The system works great as is, but there are a lot of implementations we can put into place to help us out even more. For example, we would love to start using Workflow to create more efficiencies. I personally have a very good relationship with our hosted vendor who supports Vista HRMS and can help me with any issues and concerns, this is a big part of the reason that I would renew with this product and continue to be an advocate for Vista HRMS.
We have too much invested to not renew, and all of the users and employees are getting use to the product now.
Our ERP does not work for Canadian Payroll so we need a different solution. We have been a Vista customer since '06 and have seen definite improvements in the product and service. We have invested enough time, resources and training into Vista that the cost and time required to change make it not feasible to change.
Overall to me, it has not been the best transition. The startup was rushed and not everything was set up properly. We continue to have issues, that make "us" as a department look bad. This is partly our fault and part the implementation set up. The system is great as an HRIS, but when it comes to payroll/taxes not so much.
Vista® is a human resource, benefits, payroll, recruiting, and self-service software application that aims to enable organizations to minimize the time invested in administrative HCM and payroll activities by streamlining and automating those processes and facilitating strategic decision-making capabilities. Functional elements include workflow, tax management, recruitment, staffing, position and training management, OSHA, workers’ compensation compliance, and performance and compensation. In terms of benefits, according to the vendor, Vista offers important business value by furnishing vital information for strategic planning and decision-making, while self-service capabilities for employees and managers reduce the administrative burden on HR and payroll departments and increase productivity across the entire workforce.
- Supported: Employee demographic data
- Supported: Employment history
- Supported: Job profiles and administration
- Supported: Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
- Supported: Benefits information
- Supported: Organizational charting
- Supported: Organization and location management
- Supported: Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)
- Supported: Pay calculation
- Supported: Support for external payroll vendors
- Supported: Off-cycle/On-Demand payment
- Supported: Payroll history for each employee
- Supported: Benefit plan administration
- Supported: Direct deposit files
- Supported: Payroll tracking and auditing
- Supported: Salary revision and increment management
- Supported: Approval workflow
- Supported: Email notifications
- Supported: Balance details
- Supported: Annual carry-forward and encashment
- Supported: Employee login
- Supported: View and generate pay and benefit information
- Supported: Update personal information
- Supported: Request time off
- Supported: View job history
- Supported: View company policy documentation
- Supported: View company news and information
- Supported: Employee recognition
- Supported: Tracking of all physical assets
- Supported: Asset return
- Supported: Report builder
- Supported: Pre-built reports
- Supported: Ability to combine HR data with external data
- Supported: Additional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor
- Supported: Additional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by different vendor
- Supported: Performance plans
- Supported: Performance improvement plans
- Supported: Review status tracking
- Supported: Review reminders
- Supported: Multiple review frequency
- Supported: Create succession plans/pools
- Supported: Candidate ranking
- Supported: Candidate search
- Supported: Candidate development
- Supported: New hire portal
- Supported: Manager tracking tools
- Supported: Corporate goal setting
- Supported: Individual goal setting
- Supported: Performance tracking
- Supported: Job Requisition Management
- Supported: Company Website Posting
- Supported: Duplicate Candidate Prevention
- Supported: Applicant Tracking
- Supported: Notifications and Alerts
- Supported: Natural Language Query Tool
- Supported: Configurable Analytics, Dashboards and KPIs
- Supported: Configurable Workflows
- Supported: On-Premise or Cloud deployment
- Ceridian Tax Service
- ADP Tax Service
- nettime solutions
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||27%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||73%|
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries||U.S. & Canada|
Frequently Asked Questions
Vista® is a human resource, benefits, payroll, recruiting, and self-service software. Functional elements include recruitment, staffing, position and training management, compliance, and performance and compensation.
Reviewers rate Employee demographic data and Employment history and Job profiles and administration highest, with a score of 9.
The most common users of PDS Vista are from Mid-size Companies and the Hospital & Health Care industry.