We are implementing Vista HRMS across the entire Perkins organization. It addresses the business problems of having disconnected HR and …
We use it for payroll and human resources within a department of 3. We use it for all of our HR and Payroll needs. It allows all functions …
It is used across the whole organization. It provides more detail to our users for payroll and benefits. It also allows us to use the data …
We use PDS’ Vista HRMS application for HR, benefits, and payroll for ourselves (the Lee County Clerk of Courts) and also Lee County …
We use Vista for all HR and PR processing and record keeping. We have about 50 managers with access to see employee information but most …
Vista is the HRMS we currently use to produce our bi-weekly net payroll and W-2s. Everyone in the company has access to review individual …
We have been using Vista HRMS for the past 3 years. The program has helped us better organize our HR, Payroll, Benefits and Staffing …
Vista is our HRIS and payroll system. In the future, we hope to use it for recruiting and performance management.
We use Vista to store all of our employee demographic, benefits and payroll information. And on a bi-weekly basis, we process payroll for …
Vista HRMS is our HR and Payroll system of record. When I first started, it was only our HR and Payroll departments that are using it. Now …
Vista HRMS integrates our HR and Payroll functions nicely and has been used throughout the organization for over 15 years. While our …
The Alamo Area Council of Governments is currently utilizing VISTA HRMS for all HR Functions across the agency for benefits, employee …
We implement Vista HRMS for our clients. Vista HRMS coupled with the interface with our own housing software provides our clients an …
[Vista HRMS is being used as an] HRMS for HR, benefits, and payroll. It is used across entire organization and is addressing the problem …
We use PDS VistaHRMS for our core HR, Benefits, Payroll and Recruiting functions. Our main users are in the Human Resources area but all …
Currently, it's being used in the HR department with the intention to deliver it across the organization shortly - opportunity to leverage …
We selected Vista HRMS after a diligent evaluation process. We were looking for a flexible solution that could grow with us. Vista is …
On the front face of the business our employees would say that Vista HRMS is our time and attendance system. Behind the scenes, Human …
Vista HRMS is being used across the whole organization. This is our HR/Payroll/Benefit/Absence Management solution for our company.
Vista HRMS is used across our entire organization for HR data, benefits enrollment and payroll processing.
Vista HRMS is used across our whole organization as our HR system of record, for all our payroll and tax filing requirements and for our …
Our organization uses Vista HRMS for Human Resource and Payroll functions. We also use the Recruiting tools within Vista to power our …
Vista HRMS is used for payroll and as a central employee information database. It is used by our payroll department, human resources, …
We are currently using it for are HRIS in our HR department. It is used for payroll as well. We have rolled out self-service to a few of …
Employment history (19)
Employee demographic data (18)
Direct deposit files (18)
Organization and location management (17)
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Vista® is a human resource, benefits, payroll, recruiting, and self-service software application that aims to enable organizations to minimize the time invested in administrative HCM and payroll activities by streamlining and automating those processes and facilitating strategic decision-making capabilities. Functional elements include workflow, tax management, recruitment, staffing, position and training management, OSHA, workers’ compensation compliance, and performance and compensation. In terms of benefits, according to the vendor, Vista offers important business value by furnishing vital information for strategic planning and decision-making, while self-service capabilities for employees and managers reduce the administrative burden on HR and payroll departments and increase productivity across the entire workforce.
- Supported: Employee demographic data
- Supported: Employment history
- Supported: Job profiles and administration
- Supported: Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
- Supported: Benefits information
- Supported: Organizational charting
- Supported: Organization and location management
- Supported: Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)
- Supported: Pay calculation
- Supported: Support for external payroll vendors
- Supported: Off-cycle/On-Demand payment
- Supported: Payroll history for each employee
- Supported: Benefit plan administration
- Supported: Direct deposit files
- Supported: Payroll tracking and auditing
- Supported: Salary revision and increment management
- Supported: Approval workflow
- Supported: Email notifications
- Supported: Balance details
- Supported: Annual carry-forward and encashment
- Supported: Employee login
- Supported: View and generate pay and benefit information
- Supported: Update personal information
- Supported: Request time off
- Supported: View job history
- Supported: View company policy documentation
- Supported: View company news and information
- Supported: Employee recognition
- Supported: Tracking of all physical assets
- Supported: Asset return
- Supported: Report builder
- Supported: Pre-built reports
- Supported: Ability to combine HR data with external data
- Supported: Additional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor
- Supported: Additional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by different vendor
- Supported: Performance plans
- Supported: Performance improvement plans
- Supported: Review status tracking
- Supported: Review reminders
- Supported: Multiple review frequency
- Supported: Create succession plans/pools
- Supported: Candidate ranking
- Supported: Candidate search
- Supported: Candidate development
- Supported: New hire portal
- Supported: Manager tracking tools
- Supported: Corporate goal setting
- Supported: Individual goal setting
- Supported: Performance tracking
- Supported: Job Requisition Management
- Supported: Company Website Posting
- Supported: Duplicate Candidate Prevention
- Supported: Applicant Tracking
- Supported: Notifications and Alerts
- Supported: Natural Language Query Tool
- Supported: Configurable Analytics, Dashboards and KPIs
- Supported: Configurable Workflows
- Supported: On-Premise or Cloud deployment
- Ceridian Tax Service
- ADP Tax Service
- nettime solutions
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||27%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||73%|
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries||U.S. & Canada|
Frequently Asked Questions
Vista® is a human resource, benefits, payroll, recruiting, and self-service software. Functional elements include recruitment, staffing, position and training management, compliance, and performance and compensation.
Reviewers rate Employee demographic data and Employment history and Job profiles and administration highest, with a score of 9.
The most common users of PDS Vista are from Mid-size Companies and the Hospital & Health Care industry.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
- We haven't implemented the system yet
- Hoping for improved efficiency with time and attendance and employee self-service
- Hoping to onboard more efficiently
- One integrated HR/Payroll system promises improved operational efficiency
- We are more organized and efficient in the HR/Payroll department now [that they are] using the system
- Automation of reporting has cut manual tracking down by 75% for benefits.
- Increased efficiency for HR, benefits and payroll staff
- Employees are very happy to have immediate access to their data
- Our HR benefits staff saves a lot of time since we began using the employee self-service online Open Enrollment
- Unfortunately, we do not measure, but I am sure it would be favorable if we did.
- It is currently allowing us to replace several software components with Vista functionality. Less to maintain and train.
- Increased efficiency and productivity of our HR department (and all departments using the system)
- Employees can now access information regarding themselves (such as pay info and benefits) that they never had access to before.
- We are now able to track information that we never could before.
- Definitely better customer service. Employees seem to love Employee Self-Service.
- Ability to add custom processes to streamline and automate previously manual processes.
- Once you get the hang of customizing the product, enhancements can be done very quickly. You don't have to wait or spend a lot of money for enhancements that can be done easily
- Payroll is pretty straightforward
- Using the workflow functionality, a lot of manual steps can be automated
- Self service provides our employees access to their information and pay history reducing calls to HR. Managers use self service to manage employees and perform key functions reducing the administrative burden on HR
- Customizable business rules allow Vista HRMS to be completely integrated into our business processes resulting in increased efficiencies in nearly all HR processes.
- It is too early to tell, we have only been working with the system for one year and the bulk of that time was set-up.
- For our clients Vista HRMS is a key system in their enterprise platform. Coupled with the integration with our own application, our clients have a unified view of their financials without having to jump to ad hoc, non integrated systems
- Enhanced employee self-service
- Lower cost than outsourcing
- Automation of many processes leading to higher efficiency and the ability to focus on core business as opposed to data processing. This includes our biweekly payroll processing, automated reporting, alert notifications based on certain activities occurring, etc.
- Integration of separate software systems for HR, Benefits, Payroll and Recruiting into a single suite of modules that all share the same data.
- Self-service access for employees empowers them to find, review and update information independently which enables HR staff to focus on more valuable efforts.
- Access to the metrics that we need to support diverse business objectives.
- Increased integration between HR and PR teams
- Employee self service
- It has greatly increased our payroll processing time. We can do it all in house and prior to Vista HRMS our timekeeping was done on excel spreadsheets! No one is trying to manually calculate overtime for each employee anymore.
- Reporting data from Vista HRMS is easily done with Crystal Reports, this has helped us improve on multiple efficiencies including posting to our general ledger, tying out our 401K files and state employment surveys. If the data requested has anything to do with fields that are used in Vista HRMS, I can definitely create a report on it!
- We really have not seen any ROI as we are just getting used to the project as a whole. We were hoping to use more of Workflow but as PTF's come out if they impact a workflow you ahve you have to also change the workflow. This has been hard to manage so we have not implemented as many workflows as we believed we would have.
- Positive impact would definitely be self-service for both employees and managers to view and update selected data.
- Through some analytics our managers are able to track turnover for their site/department by many criteria (length of service, reason, etc) and can view a number of other analytical reports such as headcount and demographics which help them to make informed decisions about their department.
- Vista HRMS offers a very reasonably priced solution that performs the functions we need for our business.
- With a very small IT staff we successfully implemented all modules of Vista HRMS in approx. 6 months from start of implementation. Compared to other projects the cost to implement this system was very cost effective.
- We have been able to maintain our internal benefits, payroll & HR functions in-house with no additional staff at a significantly reduced annual maintenance cost.
- Increased efficiency for several departments- mainly HR, Safety, and Payroll. Helps move to more of a paperless feature.
- Allows HR to better serve their employees since they can easily access an employee's information if they have questions on benefits, pay, review forms, etc.
- Allows employees to be cross-trained and have a better understanding of other departments within the organization and how they are leveraging the data the system grants them access to.
- We do not need to source out payroll to a 3rd party provider such as Ceridian. It is done efficiently and accurately in house.
- We don't need a dedicated LMS or H&S tracking tool. Vista's functionality suits our needs and data is consolidated in one place.
- It makes for better customer services when mistakes are made. You can fix it yourself instead of haivng to wait until the next payroll
- The reports have done wonders for our accounting team
- the negative impact would not know what errors in the setup process you have until it is too late