February 17, 2018
PeachWorks: "Great integrated approach for professional restaurants interested in closely managing their business"
Score 9 out of 10
We used PeachWorks as our number one software recommendation for multi-unit franchisee clients in the QSR (quick service restaurant) space. PeachWorks is the premier comprehensive restaurant management platform. The software is easy to use, easy to customize and easy to integrate into current operations. We always recommended that client utilize the full module suite - including logbook and checklists, team collaboration, POS Hub, recipe management, inventory management, analytics, employee scheduling and tracking, forecasting and trend analysis.
- Easily add and track inventory items
- Recipe management that allows for built-in costing and calorie / nutrition reporting that is often required by local, state and national regulations
- Cloud based employee scheduling ensures that staffing levels are adequate, employees are happy and surprises are limited
- Very easy to learn and train new employess
- Relatively high payment processing fees
- Does not integrate well with most general ledger software
- Customer service can be curt
Read Jeff Looby, CPA's full review
Excellent, excellent choice for a multi-unit franchisee of quick service restaurants. I would hesitate to recommend for a "mom and pop" type restaurant, particularly one that was not generating at least $1m in sales. I would also hesitate to recommend for a multi-unit restaurant that had legacy general ledger integration unless they were willing to spend the time and energy to re-integrate, which is not an automatic or particularly easy process.