We use the Pearson Revel learning platform for both General Psychology and Developmental Psychology classes. The REVEL learning system …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Revel, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Revel from Pearson supports students with note taking, assessments, and other classroom tasks, and integrates with commonly used LMS.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
We use the Pearson Revel learning platform for both General Psychology and Developmental Psychology classes. The REVEL learning system allows us to do away with printed textbooks and incorporates learning activities into the course content. The lower price of the system (opposed to the printed textbook) is helpful for our students.
- The REVEL platform is easy to navigate.
- The content is customizable.
- There are many grade reports that can be run for up-to-date information on students' progress.
- Unfortunately, there are some videos that do not play, or situations where the video does not match the question content. These are bugs that should be attended to by Pearson, but although I have reported them (along with students), they have not been remedied.
- Instructors who would prefer to use only the digital text do not have the option to purchase the text without the platform.
- Because the text and software are integrated, there are no "page numbers" as in other digital texts which makes it hard to reference a particular section in a lecture, assignment, or presentation.
Pearson Revel is probably best suited for distance learning of large sections where there is little time for discussion and grading assignments manually is prohibitive. I would prefer not to use it with small classes and traditional classes.