Pendo.io Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Tamara Schebel | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Analytics are way easier to understand than Google Analytics, which we also use.
  • Love being able to add messages on the fly without going through a lengthy dev process.
  • New, useful, features are constantly being added.
  • Can't do some of the message targeting I've tried - hitting up people who haven't visited in a while (when they finally come in) or targeting based on the number of visits.
  • Wish it were easier to figure out where the "aha!" moments are in our product - something I'm sure we can use Pendo.io to do, but it requires a whole lot of digging vs being something out of the box.
  • Support! Has not scaled well, and is currently terrible [edit Nov. 2019]
Read Tamara Schebel's full review
January 22, 2020

Pendo.io is great!

Pros and Cons

• All in One product (Analytics, dashboards, guides)
  • Historical tagging of features
  • API to other platforms (ie Customer Success Software)
  • Guides scheduling
Jennifer Gray | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Pendo.io is very user-friendly, designed for users (like me) without a technology background, to easily set up and navigate the tool.
  • In-app guides and walk thru's are very easy to set up and customize.
  • Customized Dashboards are excellent for our different teams, they can focus on exactly what they need, and adjust their dashboard widgets easily as needed.
  • NPS tool basically runs itself.
  • Pendo.io staff is always helpful and available to answer questions. They are always willing listeners when we have suggestions or a unique problem to solve.
  • Pendo.io Slack channel is very helpful! lots of sharing of best practices between all kinds of Pendo.io users.
  • New guide design tool isn't yet as robust as the classic designer.
  • Pendo.io does not track text/content entered into cells by users, this could be helpful for us.
Read Jennifer Gray's full review
Jeremy Robinson | TrustRadius Reviewer

• High-quality analytics.
  • Pointed delivery that meets the user's needs of information, without destroying the Customer Experience.
  • Dedication to customer success. Anytime I have gone to the Pendo.io team for clarity beyond what shows in their app and docs, they are quick and informative, while updating what they have publicly available.
  • Usability-driven - Pendo.io realizes not everyone uses the same platforms, and makes the best possible availability of integrations and ability to custom-code an integration through their robust API.
  • As they are continuing to grow, and working to get users to the new Visual Design Studio, I think the biggest overhaul is to Guides specific to the What's New portion, and making this available sooner than later in the new Visual Design Studio will make transitioning easy, and make it stickier in orgs.
  • Improved workflow in the designers, whether Classic Designer or Visual Design Studio, I don't always want to edit the default components of the item I am creating, but I have to click Apply to escape it.
  • A little more clarity around use cases - when I took on my role currently, I was tasked with taking over Pendo.io management. Having used it in my previous role was helpful, but I still had plenty of questions from a backend administration and implementation stance, but I was more directed to hobble along. I've made great strides, and the Pendo.io Slack channels and user community are quite helpful.
Read Jeremy Robinson's full review
Emily Hardin | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Pendo.io support is responsive and informed.
  • Pendo.io segmentation is top notch. You can break down user groups into random groups, groups based off of product usage, groups based off of permissions, or a combination thereof.
  • Pendo.io's targeting of elements is very simple, and their recent update has made it even more streamlined.
  • I would love it if Pendo.io would add a dedicated space where you can work on segments. Having to access them through drop-downs in random places throughout the app isn't the best.
  • I'd love for them to expand their integrations with other programs that support product managers.
Read Emily Hardin's full review
Keegan Ross | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• In-app messaging (guided tours, alerts, notices, etc)
  • Feature usage and user activity within applications
  • App usage reporting
  • Integration with Zendesk guides
  • Simplifying the presentation of paths users take within the application
  • Organization of guides (suggest adding folder or folder like structuring to make it easier to manage large numbers of guides)
Read Keegan Ross's full review
Andrzej Jagielski | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Ease of Use - Interface is easily understandable and laid out clearly.
  • Support - Pendo provides us with great Customer Experience through their Support Team as well as Account Manager.
  • Flexibility - We are able to adjust Guides and Reports in many ways.
  • Well Defined Reports - Default graph and raports are very usefull and are good enough to gather most important information on our users.
  • Customisation of Guides might be hard to understand for all of the users as it requires CSS/HTML knowledge.
  • Would be great to have more in depth (advanced) options for Guides start method.
  • More Enhancement Request than a downside - I'd like to be able to save snapshots from specific time in the tool - I.E Data of Q42018. I know I can click few times and get it each time, but I'd like to have some saved ones always ready.
Read Andrzej Jagielski's full review
Christian Arntsen | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Analytics for software usage.
  • Indicators of churn.
  • Guides and tutorials that are easy to set up.
  • Incredible segmentation abilities that allow for customized messaging.
  • Pathway and funnel generation takes longer to load than we'd like.
  • It's a little difficult to dig into specific data/feature usage per visitor/account.
  • Currently, you can set the default visitor table to be viewed in Pendo.io, you have to customize the columns, which we have to do every individual time.
Read Christian Arntsen's full review
Ryan Hogg | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Ease-of-use: Pendo's interface is intuitive and incredibly easy to use once it's set up.
  • Seamless sync up with Salesforce/CRM.
  • Flexibility and granularity -- myriad ways to build dashboards, analytics, etc.
  • Share-ability: ability to create, share, and replicate/duplicate dashboards. This would allow my team to standardize their dashboard views.
Read Ryan Hogg's full review
Bob Samuels | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• The ability to tag features is amazing. I've used other behavior analytics tools that required development time for each additional feature (or update) and Pendo's tagging functionality is 1000x easier and quicker.
  • Guide creation! Again, we've used tools like joyride or similar to introduce features but they require programming time, time to change, and time to remove.
  • Path analysis is incredible - seeing what people are doing is great, but then seeing what they do before and after they've done the desired feature is really, really useful to get a bigger picture of "why".
  • The new feature tagging tool/designer doesn't seem to always work very well. I often drop back to the original.
  • Observing behavior that is not performed via a click (drag & drop, form submission, etc) is impossible.
  • The dashboards could be made more useful - only being able to add (mostly) pre-defined widgets is limiting. I wish I could define several features to watch on a dashboard...I would love to create one dashboard per application or product we sell with the most crucial features & user info on each.
Read Bob Samuels's full review
Tim Mullen | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Guides are so easy to use and put in place. As someone who is not traditionally from a tech background, it is easy to implement without the need of technical resources and you can have a new guide live in minutes to address a problem you might have.
  • Easy to understand insights: we used to use another provider and felt the insights we were getting were convoluted and a little hard to understand. Pendo.io is far more visual and it's easy to see what your users are doing and how they move through our app.
  • Sometimes we do have some issues with guides behaving as they should, despite everything looking right in terms of the implementation.
  • More system-generated recommendations of changes you can make to your app/site would always be welcome - with Pendo.io already seeing the data, it would then be great to see which pages need tooltips, guides or walkthroughs.
Read Tim Mullen's full review
Daniel Haslam | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 18, 2019

Love the tool!

Pros and Cons

• Helps us track the usage of our platform.
  • Lets us know when clients are on our site so we can provide enough support members at those key hours.
  • Shows where the customers are on the platform.
  • Email alerts for specified parameters.
Read Daniel Haslam's full review

Pros and Cons

• Identifies Trends in Usage across different customers. This allows us to help make valuable product decisions when adding new features.
  • Provides insight into potential upsells for our customers. By giving us in-depth breakdowns of usage, we can identify opportunities to sell additional products based on that usage.
  • Deploys an NPS Survey straight through our App, and then tracks the results in Pendo.io. We deploy our own NPS survey within our software and the results feed directly into Pendo. Beyond giving us an accurate look at the success of our platform and customers, Pendo provides a source to store this info for analysis at the Company and Client level.
  • The Reporting structure could be simplified. While Pendo.io does have Reporting features, the building of a report can be a little cumbersome and confusing to a first time user. By simplifying or restructuring the reporting process to something more similar to typical CRM reporting structures (say Salesforce, for example), it would make the end user experience much better, and provide the ability to quickly build and access your own reports.
  • Search Functionality Improvements: The search bar can be a handy tool to quickly access different pieces of info, however, it seems pretty basic in its build-out and requires semi-specific searches to find what you want. Adding a more flexible search bar that looks across multiple pieces of the platform would really help with the user experience.
  • Online Resources/Self Help Resources: This may already be available, and if it is, I apologize! However, I have not seen any of those resources yet (like a quick FAQ or step by step to build a report). It would be nice to have this knowledge-base, and if it does exist, then have it more noticeable/marketable to the end user for access.

Pros and Cons

• It's simple and to the point.
  • I like the fact that you actually have to click on the pop-up to get to the next page.
  • The analytics gleaned from the site are stellar!
  • Hopefully, in the future, there will be more templates available for a wider variety of users (i.e. across different departments).
Ted Boren | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• I love that you can target specific tags and elements for analytics. It's pretty easy even if you don't understand HTML, and super easy if you do.
  • It's easy to set up specific filters and audience groups to slice and dice the data.
  • Pendo is very flexible... and sometimes that causes problems. For example, you can customize your guides and invitations with your own HTML, CSS, and JS, but the effects of doing this are not always obvious and sometimes break the experience without you being able to tell. I've had a support person even tell me that they recommend people NOT change the HTML or CSS for this reason... in which case the feature shouldn't be exposed to users.
  • It is harder to identify specific data about a user (role, permission level, etc.) than it ought to be. You can set up specific custom fields, but it's not easy and requires a bunch of coordination.
Read Ted Boren's full review
Tamara Bugarski | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Tracks customer interaction in a way that makes it easy to extract and read data
  • Help provide help content to users in a way that is easy to manage
  • Clean and organized UI help save time when searching for specifics in the website
  • A way to label different guide names without the title appearing on the website
  • A way to create a duplicate of a superpage, without having to recreate it from scratch
  • URL doesn't change when looking at different guides in-app
Read Tamara Bugarski's full review
Jonathan Slavuter | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Pendo provides a flexible solution to rapidly create and deploy messaging to our users directly in the context of our application. We can target segments of users easily, and can even set up engagement tracking on the guides themselves to gauge how effective they are.
  • We also utilize Pendo for good high-level on-going reporting centered around feature engagement. On the Product team, we reference these reports for our QBRs, as well as during design strategy sessions to substantiate which areas of our application we want to focus on for improvements.
  • We utilize NPS poll data to understand user perspectives, delightful moments & pain points, and use that qualitative data to power customer stories for internal & external presentations on application usage. We also combine that qualitative data with engagement data to further plan ongoing product update efforts.
  • Customer service is top class. Really. Their team is amazing, and I chat with them pretty regularly. I create lots of custom implementations of guides and often have questions about what I can & can't do. Our CSM is super responsive and very knowledgeable. When I have more technical questions, I have an easy time scheduling 1-on-1's with their tech support team, and 98% of the time, my questions are resolved quickly. I recently had the pleasure of speaking with the VP of Product regarding their roadmap and was pleasantly surprised to find out that a feature I wanted to suggest is already in the roadmap & being developed.
  • This team is super engaged and cares about their partners. They are a terrific example of how to effectively grow a product, create an environment to foster customer loyalty, and make sure everyone wins.
  • I'd love to see an integration with Airtable, it's my primary organizational tool at this point, and I think it would be quite effective with live Pendo data.
  • I'd love to get more granular data on the analytics side - currently, we use Pendo for higher level reporting (and on-going reporting) on a page / feature basis, but it takes a little time to set up definitions & parse the data. On-demand reporting without a lag would be major.
  • Some parts of the interface have small hiccups (ex: uploading a CSV for a segment doesn't display the CSV name properly), and navigating large tables isn't particularly easy (ex: lack of pagination / scroll area while viewing the guides or pages list)
Read Jonathan Slavuter's full review
Aaron Beaty | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Provides a clean interface with which to interact. This ensures all data is able to be found quickly and efficiently.
  • Provides accurate and up to date metrics on the data we are looking for.
  • Allows us to create guides and surveys to keep us closer with our customers and ensure we are offering the best product we can.
  • The current Dashboard is easy to use but is limited on the customization ability. I'd like to see the ability to customize your dashboard and move features where you want them instead of adding them and having them be set/stuck for you.
Read Aaron Beaty's full review

About Pendo.io

Pendo.io is a product engagement platform with features for in-app analytics, surveys and feedback, and guidance.

Pendo.io Technical Details