December 22, 2018
Score 10 out of 10
People.ai was implemented as part of a Digital Sales Transformation for our Global Sales team. The implementation was done to reduce the administrative time the reps send creating contacts and tasks within Salesforce, as well as to ensure complete data and activity capture for customer-facing activities. The implementation started with a core group of pilot users, and was then released to a broader audience in the Sales team.
- Contact Creation. People.ai is able to capture and create contacts that sales reps are actively engaging in business, but who have not yet been entered into Salesforce. People.ai is not only able to create the contact, but also attribute the contact to the correct Account (even if Accounts are a mess within SF). The tool also ensures that it does not duplicate contacts or leads that are already within the system, helping to maintain data cleanliness.
- Activity Capture. People.ai captures all email and meeting activity, granting the ability to capture valuable data points. As these data points are attributed to Accounts and Opportunities, this activity can drive analytics on deal engagement and what it takes to move an opportunity through the funnel.
- Platform Analytics. People.ai does an excellent job with their Platform analytics, and they are improving it constantly. While they are not a BI tool, they are able to show basic insights on how sales reps and sales teams are spending their time. They allow filtering of the activities to see a full aggregate picture of how the Sales business is running.
- People.ai has a robust platform, however, this requires sales reps to log into one more platform and the People.ai platform is not customizable for selecting what can be viewed by users. If People.ai were to make the features in their platform available in Salesforce it would be a huge win for leveraging the data they aggregate. Hoping an API will soon be on the Roadmap
- Time Spent. People.ai uses some logic to attribute values on the "time spent" on the activities being captured. They did improve their meeting aggregations so that they were not "double counting" time when multiple meetings were booked in the same time slot for a rep. Email time spent still seems to have some errors as the time spent on emails can show in excess of the weekly working hours of the reps.
Read Marceline Guyette's full review
People.ai is well suited to ensure the capture of all contacts engaged in Accounts and Opportunities as well as the activity that occurred within the deals. These data points allow the reps to have a more full picture of their Accounts and Opportunities, while also reducing the administrative work they would need to do to get the data points into Salesforce manually. Once that data is in the system, the sky is the limit with the types of analysis that can be done to help improve the business and rep performance.