Reviews (1-2 of 2)
October 06, 2020
Score 10 out of 10
Percona Server for MySQL is being used across our whole organization. We are running 50+ primary instances in our data center with DR replica's running on compute instances inside GCP in 2 different regions. Percona Server for MySQL solves our need for well-tested and stable MySQL instances with Percona doing additional testing to the upstream releases which gives that added level of stability that we need for the massive volumes of processing as well as the required performance in sharded instances.
- Additional Variables for in-depth monitoring
- Easy migration path to Percona XtraDB Cluster
- A distributed database offering to scale writes with native sharding. Currently we make use of sharding managed by the application to scale writes. There is the option to place ProxySQL in front of the shards, but we need a true cloud native distributed option with an easy migration path. I would not say this is negative in terms of Percona Server for MySQL, but if Percona had a distributed database offering at some stage, we would follow Percona.
Percona Server for MySQL covers 100% of our requirements in terms of our OLTP traffic and provides the High Availability levels required through a typical primary and 2 replica's using semi-synchronous replication. We're able to scale our writes using sharding, but a true distributed database would be a great option on top of this. In terms of OLAP traffic, we leverage columns stores available, but Percona Server fairs well.
Read Douglas Doo's full review
Plenty of help in the community forums and bug tracking, so it is easy to follow the progress of a bug or find solutions to the problem. Percona Server for MySQL releases are frequent and well documented and improves with each release.
- Performance improvements: Additional performance
- Integration with Native and Community tooling: It supports all native and community developed tooling for MySQL
- Regressive performance test: Currently we are relying on MySQL's load testing. Percona should have its load testing result.
Read Anil Yadav's full review
We are using opensource so we have not used customer support.
Percona Server for MySQL Scorecard Summary
About Percona Server for MySQL
Percona Server for MySQL is a free, fully-compatible, enhanced, open source drop-in replacement for MySQL. Percona states it provides superior performance, scalability, and instrumentation. Boasting over 5,300,000 downloads, Percona Server’s self-tuning algorithms and support for high-performance hardware delivers excellent performance and reliability
Percona Server for MySQL delivers enterprise-grade features and higher uptime, along with a number of key benefits that improve database performance and efficiency. It provides more time to focus on key priorities, as users need to spend less time on tuning and administering.
Percona Server for MySQL Screenshots
Percona Server for MySQL Integrations
Percona Server for MySQL Competitors
Percona Server for MySQL Pricing
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
Free and open-source
Percona Server for MySQL Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Percona Server for MySQL Technical Details
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux|