PicMonkey Reviews

Jamaal Dickerson | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 20, 2020

PicMonkey makes me feel like a pro!

I personally use PicMonkey within my organization for my Social Media presence. As a personal trainer, it is important to get your content seen and PicMonkey has eased that process for me. When I began using it, it was free and now even with a fee it is still worth it! I am able to create graphics and push out media to viewers better than I ever have before!
  • PicMonkey was easy to learn and it is very user friendly.
  • PicMonkey has a plethora of templates to choose from and keeps content fresh!
  • There are always updates! My content never gets old as they are always adding new features.
  • PicMonkey offers many "auto" options which makes the process fast and smooth, i.e. auto adjust, auto correct, etc.
  • PicMonkey could be even better if it were more user friendly to work on multiple templates at a time.
  • Tutorials and instructions/tips would be a great additional feature.
  • At times, the website will freeze and you may lose your work.
I would definitely recommend PicMonkey! It is diverse for the average person or the business professional. If you need to edit pictures, create graphics, or implement marketing media this is the tool to use! It may not be enough for someone who needs something a bit more advanced like Photoshop, but in my experience it has covered everything I need.
I've rarely had to reach out to PicMonkey's Customer Service, but when I did, they responded to my email in a timely manner. Their website has plenty of FAQ's which is a game changer when you don't have time to wait to get ahold of someone. They are definitely ahead of the game and user friendly!
Read Jamaal Dickerson's full review
Caroline McMaster | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 18, 2020

I Appreciate PicMonkey

I currently use PicMonkey to create graphics that I post and share daily on our City's Social Media accounts, and occasionally distribute as flyers in the City. Other departments ask me to create graphics using PicMonkey often and it has become an incredibly useful tool inter-departmentally. Having an image that gets a person's attention is key on our social media posts to spread the word, especially for important City announcements and events.
  • Simple & easy to use.
  • Plenty of content - always make something unique.
  • Organized.
  • Inexpensive.
  • Always improving & adding new content.
  • Search bar.
  • Lose some good features if you don't have Pro.
  • No video editing.
  • No animations.
It's great for a small- or medium-scale social media manager or graphic designer. I'm not sure if I'd recommend it for larger-scale projects or editing images with detail as I think it is missing some capabilities that something like Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator may possess, but it is a great tool to create professional-looking graphics with ease.
When I last emailed PicMonkey for support I got a prompt and helpful response.
Read Caroline McMaster's full review
Saumirah McWoodson | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 09, 2020

Props to PicMonkey!

We use PicMonkey to market and share information about our business. We use it to create ads, edit and enhance photos, and to design covers for digital products and digital courses. It addresses the business problems of designing tools for marketing and creating content in a way that is simple and affordable. We use PicMonkey across the entire organization.
  • Innovate
  • Simplify
  • Creativity
  • I think that PicMonkey could have more opportunities for raving fans (like me!) to act as affiliates for their products and services.
  • I think that PicMonkey could make it more apparent on how to save themes. The Hub is great, but I think it is easy to allow that area to become messy and disorganized.
I believe PicMonkey is well-suited for those who want to create designs and content, who do not necessarily have formal training in graphic design and digital arts. It is an excellent product for small and large businesses.
I personally never really need support with PicMonkey. It works great, and I can find what I need. There may have been a few times when I've Googled for an answer related to PicMonkey, but I've not had a question answered.
Read Saumirah McWoodson's full review
March 12, 2020

Sleek modern design and easy to modify templates make PicMonkey a winner!

We use PicMonkey in the creation of marketing materials, social media posts, graphics for email blasts, event invitations, programs, and more. It is used primarily by our Education and Community Engagement departments, but because of its ease of use, even our least tech-savvy employees can use it. It allows us to easily create cohesive, branded materials that are sleek and modern.
  • Creative templates
  • Modern, sleek designs
  • Large selection of graphics available for use
  • Large selection of fonts available for use
  • Changes to toolkit / use buttons are sometimes difficult to keep up with
  • Separating free items (fonts, images, etc.. ) from those requiring upgrade
  • Explanation of sizing tools / pixels is difficult to understand and apply
We find PicMonkey to be best suited for the creation of online images and graphics for use on social media platforms and in email blasts to community partners, donors, and constituents. For our purposes, we have found it to be less suited for the creation of printed materials like brochures, programs, and infographics.
To be fair, I have not had to use customer support, but I have found the website materials/instructions at PicMonkey.com to be easy to understand and the website (mostly) simple to navigate. As someone who is not the MOST tech-savvy in any room, I find it accessible and not intimidating; it gives me confidence to create the images that I know will be most effective for our purposes.
March 06, 2020

Perfect for photo editing!

PicMonkey is used by our marketing department, primarily to edit photos and create digital promotions such as social media posts, ads, and banners. It's very simply to use and has super easy options for photo editing, especially when editing pictures of people. You can touch up makeup, hair, and skin with little to no expertise in photography editing.
  • Editing photos of people
  • Creating posts for social media
  • Cropping and lighting updates for photos taken on phones
  • Better templates would be helpful
  • Options to resize the same design for different use (ie. Twitter and Facebook could use the same photo)
  • Adding more than one "page" to a design element instead of saving each page separately (good for when you want to create multiple posts at the same time)
I like PicMonkey for photo editing and for social media posts. I find it less helpful for print options. It has some templates, but I think it could use more. I have not had use for the templates yet. I would like to be able to create and save my own templates.
I have barely needed support (a good thing!), but their online tutorials and support website are very comprehensive.

About PicMonkey

PicMonkey, from the company of the same name in Seattle, is an application designed to help users create standout visuals for Insta posts, Facebook covers, YouTube thumbnails, web pages, holiday cards, posters or anything with a visual, offering graphics and templates, unlimited stock photos and features to support illustrative presentations.