Pivotal Tracker is used daily by Moffitt's Collaborative Data Services Core, which facilitates access to clinical, tumor and biospecimen …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Pivotal Tracker, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Not expensive.
- Help us to track Projects anytime.
- I can't speak to this as I serve on the project but don't pay for the product.
- Able to easily track projects and prioritize the work to meet milestones
- Able to easily manage work priorities and assignments for local and remote employees
- Smooth project management allows for better ROI.
- Time is money with development and a lot of things can fall through the cracks. Having a good system for making sure you're building the most relevant product for customers is really important so it was well worth it for us.
- The process we used worked for us and it helped us streamline our development which reduced a lot of things falling through the cracks and headaches. I'm sure there are other products that can do the same job just as effectively but Pivotal Tracker worked well for us.
- Positive - usage as a one-stop shop for all tasks to be completed by an ENG team and for product team to manage.
- Negative - points can be arbitrary. Would be better to assign more point options to allow for more granular measurement.
- Pivotal Tracker has had a huge positive impact on our business by allowing us to easily manage software projects and not be worried about the maintenance of a tool to manage projects.
- Our software development team and customers are not colocated, so Pivotal Tracker saves us time and money by supporting web-based access to our projects, allowing devs and end-users to collaborate remotely, and asynchronously as required.
- Pivotal Tracker's "all in one place" accessibility helps us to avoid rework by centralizing our tasks, bugs, and user stories.
- Being a cloud-based product, Pivotal Tracker gives our organization the ability to run a sophisticated project management system without having to pay for the infrastructure or staff that a home-grown system would require.
- The team realized that scrum will not work in the way we are working.
- The tool did the job as expected but in the end, we found that we will not need it because that's not the process we want to have for ourselves.
- The free version comes loaded with a lot of helpful features making it ideal for our company at the try before buy stage.
- Considering the low cost of the product and its wealth of features, it's a great bang for your buck.
- In the beginning, we had a few questions and it was great to have hands-on support.
- Everything has been positive with this product. It is easy to pick up and dive in.
- As far as organization and transparency, I have found no better product.
- Improved communication
- Accurate/realistic estimates
- Shared team understanding
- It has kept us more organised and gives us a central place to reference sprints
- Pivotal Tracker has been a cost-effective solution for what we need. It has allowed our ROI to be greater than if we went with another system.
- Learning curve; with this easy to use tool, it has been a shorter learning curve for new hires to find what they need to accomplish their task.
- Flexibility; we are right now stuck at 4 levels of classification; project; Story, Task, Comments. If we were able to expand on this, we would be able to role this out faster to other departments within our business.
- Certainly kept us much more organized and able to plan our roadmap in a more cohesive manner.
- Much easier seeing what is launching and when as we try to meet customer expectations. Being able to easily pivot with the software was a buying decision for us.
- Reporting to ownership on the status of the dev team and the pace they are producing is very helpful as we look to hire more engineers in the future. It allows us to see our utilization of resources.
- Pivotal Tracker has definitely improved our billable numbers by making tasks easier to manage.
- Pivotal Tracker increased our development efficiency.
- Pivotal Tracker increased our planning time, but also our consistency and the quality of our end product.
- For its minimal cost and great utility, it has definitely had a positive ROI on our business.
- It's more of a must-have PM tool than something that directly creates ROI. To whatever degree the product has made our product team more efficient it has saved us costs, and to whatever extent it's helped us ship features it's helped enable us to sell products. So overall I'd say it's been high ROI, but impossible to tell exactly how much.
- Been useful for years now, despite other options
- Pivotal is a great platform across teams since you can drag "stories" from tracker to tracker
- It also acts as a good audit history of tasks done, if you are diligent about logging them.
- Increased visibility into priorities and work in progress.
- Better understanding of team velocity.
- Better understanding of cost of software features.
- Improved ability to plan future work and predict timelines more accurately.
- Encourages us to lean on the Agile process, especially when resources are limited and timelines are short.
- Pivotal has helped us bridge the backlog across various offices and offsite developers.
- Pivotal has helped us keep our backlog and workstream clear and concise which helps us do more.
- Pivotal does not roll up very easily for bringing the stack to higher up execs. For this we've had to use other tools such as Trello.
- Team velocity has increased
- Return on investment - based on the number of features that we've been churning out and because we're a product company, we are seeing more conversions on purchases.
- It helped manage and communicate tasks effectively to keep the project running smoothly
- Bringing new people up to speed on how to effectively use the tools can be slow
- Overall it was extremely positive, as it was a simple-to-use tool that helped us move from waterfall to agile. Since it was so easy to use, the training associated with it was negligible.
- Easier to track projects and keep the team organized
- Holds engineers accountable to their assigned tasks