PlanSwiftly To Accurate Take OffsIt is only used by the estimating department. Some former members of estimating that currently work on project sites occasionally still use it. but most now use Bluebeam for the quantity takeoffs they need.,We use PlanSwift for quantity takeoffs. We are a general contractor. We use some of the plug-ins including the Earthwork module.,I occasionally have to load drawings at a very low DPI or I get error messages. The resulting poor resolution makes the drawing difficult to read.,10,The estimators' productivity is greatly increased, I do takeoffs in less than half the time with more accuracy and detail captured. Easy sharing of what was taken off, I'm able to ensure everything is captured.,,Bluebeam Revu, Vista by Viewpoint, Microsoft ProjectPlanSwift ReviewPlanswift is being used by the Project Development department, mostly by the Estimators to determine product quantities required by Territory Managers on site, across the country.,Maintains the files internally allowing us to work on projects anywhere. With a great UX, it is easy to use. Easy to train on and learn. Professional product output is appreciated by customers.,Issues with transferring files between computers, would be ideal if files were also backed on a network file. Files can take a long time to upload, sometimes overnight if the files are big enough. Program often hangs and needs restarting.,8,Very good return on investment. Has helped save and extrapolate dollar value allowing for detailed viewing of the plans and mark ups. Saves time for our Territory Managers by not having to do take-off by hand and on site and rather focus on customer relationships.,Bluebeam RevuPlanSwift - Leading the industry of Digital Quantity TakeoffBenchmark Construction uses PlanSwift as our primary take off software. Every estimator here uses the program to do quantity take-off of drawings provided by industry professionals. Mainly only the Estimating team uses this program. Estimators provide their takeoff to Project managers for work that is self preformed. The program allows us to check the quantities that are shared with us by our trade partners.,Auto Scaling Ability to scale drawings that have no scale Freedom to customize,More Plumbing, HVAC and Electrical friendly Ductwork take off tool Rise and fall ability for piping and ductwork,8,Catching trade partner mistakes. Price of subscription is competetive.,,Procore, Sage Estimating,10,,Ease of use Price Customization,Printing Takeoff to PDF Sharing of Takeoff with trade partners easily,None,8Quantifying made super easy!The pre-construction department of our organization is the primary user of PlanSwift. However, from time to time, the Project Management team finds itself browsing through this software for confirming take-off items. It makes the take-off and pricing for intricate plans easier, quicker, and clearer for all team members to understand the work.,It has this really convenient single click/hover-over feature where it tells various attributes of a take-off. For example, if an area has multiple types of slabs, and we need to find the length of slab edge form for all of those, we just need to hover over each area and it gives us the quantities. It has a great browsing feature - you can add any file/image from across your network thus making it easier to share with colleagues. It integrates directly with MS Excel thus making it easier to create and evaluate reports during or at the end of a project. It has good tools for editing as well - for instance you take off a slab on grade as floating but later find out that it sits on top of the foundation walls - you don't need to redo the take off, you can merely double-click, add extra points and move them around to modify your work.,If there was a way to break a take-off line, that would be very helpful. At times I find myself taking the curbs off for the site work, and when I need to separate the straight curbs with the integrated curbs with sidewalks, I need to just redo the work. It would have been good if PlanSwift gave an option of breaking down lines the way it does for deducting parts from an area.,9,The positive impact is that it has simplified our quantifying process and also helps keep records in a great way. The Project Managers can access a file from years past, and check the items they need to, as opposed to a personal long hand take-off done by someone which has the chances of getting misplaced. We don't use this for pricing purposes, so we haven't had much return on investment there.,AutoCAD 360, QuickMeasure OnScreen, Adobe FlashPlan. Swift. Takeoff - does what it says on the tinI've looked at quite a few takeoff packages, but settled on PlanSwift for a) value for money, b) compatibility with Excel. I provide takeoffs for contractors across many trades, and for main contractors, and all have been impressed with he accuracy and the marked up drawings showing what's been measured enables them to easily identify variations. As I have many clients operating with different internal management software the fact that PlanSwift is so compatible with Excel means I can provide schedules in whatever format works best for them. From my own perspective, I can measure jobs in a few hours that would have taken me 2-3 days using the old school scale rule and takeoff sheets. Productivity has increased dramatically, I have virtually zero paperwork cluttering my desk where in past I would have stacks of drawings and specs. I have had a few problems in my time using it, but the customer service department has been brilliant. Being in very different timezone has it's drawbacks, but if I email them my issue at the end of the day I will have a reply in my inbox the next morning.,Great interface with other software. Excel reports make it a breeze for my clients to interface with their own management software. Easy to set up different components and pricing structures. Time spent setting these up properly will save hundreds of hours down the line. Very simple to learn, with videos to walk you through each task.,There are some great plug-ins, but you only get them for free if you pay the annual "maintenance" fee of $200. All of the preset items are in imperial measurements, Hey America - the rest of the world is metric. please come join us in this century! Licence is only good for 1 machine at a time (unless you purchase multiples). It's a bit annoying having remove it from my desktop when I want to take my tablet to visit a client. A licence that's good for 1x desktop and 1x tablet/portable would be great.,10,Has paid for itself in next to no time. Not only can I produce takeoffs in a fraction of the time, but I'm always discovering new building products to add to the library. The minor drawback is the time required to set up your library of items in the first instance, like any new software, but once you get over that little hump you'll be laughing.,CostX and Bluebeam Revu
PlanSwift

PlanSwift Reviews

PlanSwift
Filter 14 vetted PlanSwift reviews and ratings
Blaine Kalk profile photo
October 23, 2017

"PlanSwiftly To Accurate Take Offs"

• We use PlanSwift for quantity takeoffs. We are a general contractor.
  • We use some of the plug-ins including the Earthwork module.
  • I occasionally have to load drawings at a very low DPI or I get error messages. The resulting poor resolution makes the drawing difficult to read.
Compared to its competitors planswift is by far the best quality and most adaptable digital takeoff tool out there. Its Earthwork module while good enough for my purpose as a general contractor is not good enough for excavators or other civil contractors.
Read Blaine Kalk's full review
October 25, 2017

"PlanSwift Review"

• Maintains the files internally allowing us to work on projects anywhere.
  • With a great UX, it is easy to use. Easy to train on and learn.
  • Professional product output is appreciated by customers.
  • Issues with transferring files between computers, would be ideal if files were also backed on a network file.
  • Files can take a long time to upload, sometimes overnight if the files are big enough.
  • Program often hangs and needs restarting.
It is well suited for quantity take offs, better recommended for larger jobs; if needing a lot of smaller take-offs, it can be cumbersome and take a lot of time uploading and setting up.
August 29, 2017

Review: "PlanSwift - Leading the industry of Digital Quantity Takeoff"

• Auto Scaling
  • Ability to scale drawings that have no scale
  • Freedom to customize
  • More Plumbing, HVAC and Electrical friendly
  • Ductwork take off tool
  • Rise and fall ability for piping and ductwork
Planswift is great for all building trades. Less suited for MEP trades.
Ketaki Shiralkar profile photo
December 16, 2016

PlanSwift Review: "Quantifying made super easy!"

• It has this really convenient single click/hover-over feature where it tells various attributes of a take-off. For example, if an area has multiple types of slabs, and we need to find the length of slab edge form for all of those, we just need to hover over each area and it gives us the quantities.
  • It has a great browsing feature - you can add any file/image from across your network thus making it easier to share with colleagues.
  • It integrates directly with MS Excel thus making it easier to create and evaluate reports during or at the end of a project.
  • It has good tools for editing as well - for instance you take off a slab on grade as floating but later find out that it sits on top of the foundation walls - you don't need to redo the take off, you can merely double-click, add extra points and move them around to modify your work.
  • If there was a way to break a take-off line, that would be very helpful. At times I find myself taking the curbs off for the site work, and when I need to separate the straight curbs with the integrated curbs with sidewalks, I need to just redo the work. It would have been good if PlanSwift gave an option of breaking down lines the way it does for deducting parts from an area.
I use PlanSwift for all my projects - it has just cut my time by a major percentage when it comes to quantifying a blueprint. At times there are funky areas, which are just hard to calculate on paper. It also has a great tool for scaling according to the dimensions, so if a drawing is missing a scale, you can always allot a scale by giving directions and then marking the points. I use this tool to check the scale as well - sometimes the drawings say something but the scale if off and you are left with an incorrect take-off. The dimension tool is a good way to check that.

We don't use it much for pricing purposes though, we have found other software which are more robust when it comes to estimation, but we can see using PlanSwift for pricing sometime in the future.
Read Ketaki Shiralkar's full review
Andy Neilson profile photo
March 18, 2016

PlanSwift Review: "Plan. Swift. Takeoff - does what it says on the tin"

• Great interface with other software. Excel reports make it a breeze for my clients to interface with their own management software.
  • Easy to set up different components and pricing structures. Time spent setting these up properly will save hundreds of hours down the line.
  • Very simple to learn, with videos to walk you through each task.
  • There are some great plug-ins, but you only get them for free if you pay the annual "maintenance" fee of $200.
  • All of the preset items are in imperial measurements, Hey America - the rest of the world is metric. please come join us in this century!
  • Licence is only good for 1 machine at a time (unless you purchase multiples). It's a bit annoying having remove it from my desktop when I want to take my tablet to visit a client. A licence that's good for 1x desktop and 1x tablet/portable would be great.
Great for takeoffs and pricing. Also appears to have compatibility with MS Project which a client of mine is starting to ask about, so I'm interested to see how that works for us. I would recommend PlanSwift for any quantity surveyor.
Read Andy Neilson's full review

Plan distribution & viewing (3)
6.0
Plan markups & sharing (3)
Issue tracking & punchlists (1)
Document sharing (2)
As-built drawings (1)

About PlanSwift

Planswift is takeoff software for construction estimating.