PlanSwift Review

October 25, 2017
Planswift is being used by the Project Development department, mostly by the Estimators to determine product quantities required by …

• Plan distribution & viewing (6)
    10.0
  • Plan markups & sharing (7)
    10.0

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of PlanSwift, by ConstructConnect, and make your voice heard!

Standard

$1,595

On Premise
per installation

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.trustradius.com/buyer…

Product Demos

PlanSwift - The #1 Takeoff and Estimating Software
01:28

Construction Project & Field Management

Estimating

9.6

What is PlanSwift, by ConstructConnect?

PlanSwift is a quantity takeoff software for construction. It provides a drag-and-drop interface that utilizes assembly templates for quantity counts and measurements. PlanSwift automatically calculates material and labor calculations and exports the information via built-in reports or as raw data to 3rd party software like Excel. The tool provides trade-specific features for general contractors, concrete, drywall, electrical, flooring, framing, HVAC, landscaping, painting, plumbing, and other specialties. It is priced at $1595 for the first year, then $300/year per license in subsequent years.

PlanSwift, by ConstructConnect Video

PlanSwift - The #1 Takeoff and Estimating Software

PlanSwift, by ConstructConnect Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise
Operating SystemsWindows

PlanSwift is a quantity takeoff software for construction estimating. It features a drag-and-drop interface and automatically calculates material and labor estimations in exportable formats. PlanSwift was acquired by ConstructConnect in the middle of 2018.

Reviewers rate Plan distribution & viewing and Plan markups & sharing and Takeoff tools highest, with a score of 10.

The most common users of PlanSwift, by ConstructConnect are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Construction industry.

All of our estimators and project managers use it for our project take offs. It provides a central hub for our entire team to work from which is crucial. We also have all of our projects saved through SharePoint, making all of the information accessible anytime, anywhere. The main use is blueprint take offs and all of the information trickles down to all departments.
PlanSwift is the main source of drawings for our company. This replaces the paper copy of drawings saving paper, time, and expense. PlanSwift is available on mobile devices and on desktop computers. This software has made a huge difference in how we do business.
PlanSwift is used by all of our Project Managers and Estimators. It is our primary quantity take-off software. Every contractor needs some form of quantity take-off software, unless it is performed by hand. PlanSwift does not address any unique problems, it just fills the need for a QTO software.
Benchmark Construction uses PlanSwift as our primary take off software. Every estimator here uses the program to do quantity take-off of drawings provided by industry professionals. Mainly only the Estimating team uses this program. Estimators provide their takeoff to Project managers for work that is self preformed. The program allows us to check the quantities that are shared with us by our trade partners.
Ketaki Shiralkar | TrustRadius Reviewer
The pre-construction department of our organization is the primary user of PlanSwift. However, from time to time, the Project Management team finds itself browsing through this software for confirming take-off items. It makes the take-off and pricing for intricate plans easier, quicker, and clearer for all team members to understand the work.
Andy Neilson | TrustRadius Reviewer
I've looked at quite a few takeoff packages, but settled on PlanSwift for a) value for money, b) compatibility with Excel. I provide takeoffs for contractors across many trades, and for main contractors, and all have been impressed with he accuracy and the marked up drawings showing what's been measured enables them to easily identify variations. As I have many clients operating with different internal management software the fact that PlanSwift is so compatible with Excel means I can provide schedules in whatever format works best for them. From my own perspective, I can measure jobs in a few hours that would have taken me 2-3 days using the old school scale rule and takeoff sheets. Productivity has increased dramatically, I have virtually zero paperwork cluttering my desk where in past I would have stacks of drawings and specs. I have had a few problems in my time using it, but the customer service department has been brilliant. Being in very different timezone has it's drawbacks, but if I email them my issue at the end of the day I will have a reply in my inbox the next morning.