Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Planview ChangePoint, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Planview ChangePoint is an end-to-end Professional Services Automation (PSA) software application designed to power the entire engagement lifecycle. From identifying services opportunities, to contract financial governance and project management, to invoicing and revenue recognition, ChangePoint drives efficient orchestration of engagements, projects, and resources for informed business planning, improved financial control, and accelerated revenue growth.
- Planning – gain early visibility into services opportunities to ensure more accurate forecasted demand/capacity for services delivery success.
- Project and Work Management – enable repeatable delivery success and profitability by taking control of customer projects and work.
- Resource Management – maximize resource allocation and utilization with discipline, reducing cost overruns and delays.
- Team Delivery – Orchestrate and delivery work flexibly, in multiple ways for profitable and successful engagements.
- Financial Visibility – build a financial foundation across the lifecycle capturing hours, billing, revenue, and margin, to impact business financials.
- Analytics and Reporting – Analyze services delivery data without relying on reporting teams.
With the recent addition of ChangePoint PLUS, Planview combines the work management capabilities of ProjectPlace with the financial governance of ChangePoint so users can execute client work collaboratively and flexibly from traditional to agile, while maintaining accurate work details to report financials.
- Supported: Pipeline and Backlog Tracking
- Supported: Contract Financial Governance
- Supported: Capacity and Resource Management
- Supported: Project Templates and Configurable Workflows
- Supported: Services Resources Matching
- Supported: Real-time Utilization Tracking
- Supported: Billing and Rate Management
- Supported: Revenue Forecasting and Recognition
- Supported: Time and Expense Tracking
- Supported: Flexible Billing Structures
- Supported: Interactive Dashboards
- Supported: ProjectPlace Work Management Integration
- Manage Key customers for greater profitability.
- Forecasting and budgeting.
- Robust resource management capabilities.
- Effective communication.
- More efficient processes.
- I am a PM, so I do not know, nor can I speak to ROI.
- Since we put it in, we have grown, so the return is from using a product that has been paid for and the cost to switch is prohibitive.
- The system takes a large team of operators to manage data changes because the UI is so confusing. So the human cost of operating is higher than we would like.
- We needed to rewrite APIs that support the system so that we could easily integrate with our financial and CRM systems. This also cost extra manpower and makes it hard to read and write to the system.
- The system time-stamps actions which is useful
- It is expensive for the quality of experience it provides
- It is *relatively* reliable in terms of the information management and archiving
- Regular re-typing and other similar duplication of efforts on a large scale can become rather costly to the organization
- Increased employee efficiency
- Consolidated source for all projects in IT for the organization
- Single source for time tracking and approvals over "homegrown" application
- It has given us a more collaborative and streamlined approach for managing our services business.
- Decreased employee efficiency - As I've mentioned, basic functionality is ore difficult than it should be and is frustrating for many of our new users. The learning curve is steep and the software isn't always intuitive. For new users, basic tasks take up an inordinate amount of time.
- Better Reporting - The reporting functionality allows us to better understand our own costs and decide which employees are more efficient, which projects are correctly priced, and accurately our project plans reflect the work that is actually done on the ground.
- More Accurate Invoicing - Changepoint has helped us to improve invoice accuracy and tracking by linking the project management feature with the invoicing feature. It helps us to be sure we have invoiced for the proper products and services on the proper date.
- Our ability to maintain a global IS Scorecard helped us to maintain a focus on completing projects on time and within budget.
- Having a single instance of Changepoint with projects aligned to specific portfolios helps senior management to maintain a focus on the investment of IS resources. It is foundational to our governance processes.
- I'm not one that has visibility to the actual numbers but I would say it has increased employee efficiency and helped with cost recovery on projects.
- I'm only a user so I have no idea what the company paid for the program so I can't tell you what the ROI is.
- Increased the efficiency of the team since we all could see what was being worked on and the deadline
- Improved communication and kept us on track with the project
- Our customers were better served because we had a faster turn around time on projects
- We were able to monitor the progress of our projects by looking at the progress of all project tasks.
- Employee efficiency has decreased significantly within our Project MAnagement team. The main causes are lack of logical steps/not user-friendly and the slowness of the entire program.
- Changepoint PSA has greatly improved being able to track budgets for all projects. Before this software, budgets were done manually by hand and cross-referenced with Accounting. Now, we can pull a report out of the system, as long as all parties entered their time and data correctly.
- Increased employee efficiency.
- Data tracking improved.
- Project status closer to real time.
- Centralized online portal to manage customer engagements, time entry, and billing.
- Changepoint has the ability to integrate with Microsoft Project (time-savings for us) and also with back-end ERP systems such as Siebel or SAP.