Pluralsight is a learning management platform from the Utah based company of the same name.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/xh/hX/XS70B2C2TSII.pngSharpen your technology skills with PluralsightA few people have volunteered to continue their education and stay on top of the latest trends in technology by using Pluralsight. Pluralsight has been a valuable resource of quality content in a considerable amount of topics. It's effective in teaching beginners new technologies they have never worked with before, as well as honing the skills of experts before they attempt their next certification.,Pluralsight has hundreds of authors that are constantly producing new content, which is valuable for the tech industry that is constantly moving at a brisk pace. Many content authors are respected leaders in the topic they're presenting. You are able to trust that their content is thorough and authentic. Niche expert-level topics are presented in a curated video format which is difficult to find anywhere else.,Pluralsight has improved the standards of their video format and audio quality, however, there are still many courses that exist before these improved standards. Most topics don't include a procedure to verify your understanding of the content, such as with brief comprehension quiz after a section. There are tons of topics that are covered, but it's still possible to search for a topic that is not covered at all.,9,Through my use of Pluralsight, I have significantly increased my salary as well as the value I am able to provide to my employer. Pluralsight has been my top source of information used to study for Microsoft certification exams. By consuming Pluralsight content both with specific intent as well as casual/passive viewing, I have been able to bring ideas to our company that has transformed the way we do things.,TreehouseThe Power of PluralsightOur company uses Pluralsight as a reference guide and learning platform for assisting our IT and Marketing team in maintaining and improving their abilities to design and program. Major issue that Pluralsight addresses for our company is the ability to vastly improve or introduce new skill sets into the repertoire of yourself and colleagues. The benefits of allowing your employees time to increase their knowledge of various programming languages and technology is underutilized in the modern workplace. Pluralsight has demonstrated that the power of educating your current employees, if they are interested, dramatically improves the efficiency of projects and lowers overall costs for the business by reducing the amount of new or contract hires.,Variety - Pluralsight is not short when it comes to the variety of courses they offer. If you fall under any of the large umbrellas like Creative Design, Web Development, or IT Security/Systems; then they have a course for you. Quality - What seperates Pluralsight from other e-learning platforms is the exceptional quality of the platform. From the amazing UI/UX design the platform has to its courses often taught by leading professionals, Pluralsight outranks all competition. Courses - I know I slightly touched on this topic, but their is more needed to be said about the courses offered. Just as I mentioned the great variety, they also do not lack in quantity of courses offered per category. Additionally, all courses are rated 1-5 stars by previous students as well as written reviews.,Difficult to Address - Yes, that is my con. I simply do not have a con I could address that is worth noting for potential buyers of this product.,10,Pluralsight presents a positive ROI for our business, but to put a monetary value on knowledge and individual has gained is conditional and speculative. But an annual subscription just shy of $300 for the amount of material you may access, I can say with great confidence that the skills sets acquired by using their platform will guarantee a positive return. Not only for your business, but for the career and future of your employees.,Coursera,CourseraBest Online Technology Courses Portfolio - PluralSightPluralsight is the best ever tool/software that I have seen for online courses. It is being used across our organization and users are learning most of our new technologies through Pluralsight only. We have a mandate to complete courses through Pluralsight for personal development goals as well. Cost saving is the main purpose we enroll users and enforce using online courses. Here we have too many different courses available, and users/employees are searching and learning new languages or technologies on their own according to their areas of interest. It is very beneficial and best for your personal growth. If people are growing then obviously it will benefit the organization.,Best Mobile Application UI and 5000+ courses available. Enrolling on mobile devices is very easy, and you can register multiple devices on a single ID. Access to all courses is very seamless. Best feature is bookmarking the courses you are interested to watch later. Also, you can continue your course anytime you want where you have left off. Course completion certificate.,There are only courses related to technology. They don't offer courses on online marketing or social media. Many times courses are long and lengthy, which discontinues effective learning. Some videos have poor voice and video quality.,9,People can achieve their goals other than daily work which eventually will help the organization to grow. Cost saving for overall learning and development, and users can take any courses and see them unlimited times whenever they want. It is very crucial and it plays vital role in terms of business objectives and impact.,Udemy for Business,Udemy for BusinessPluralsight -All the Time Online and Up-to-DateIn our department, developers use Pluralsight to get up to speed on new or unfamiliar technologies that we think will prove useful to the products we market. For example, when one of our applications was too slow, developers started watching Pluralsight courses on AngularJS. This led to updating our product to use AngularJS for the front-end and customers love the speed. This led to a decision to upgrade another product and many of the consultants began watching Angular 2 courses on Pluralsight.,When it comes to Microsoft tools, languages and techniques, Pluralsight brings its customers the very latest in content. Just after the release of ASP.NET Core 2.0 came out they had a course available online. The instructors are top-notch. You get incredible presenters such as Paul Sheriff, Shawn Wildermuth, Scott Allen and more. All are incredibly articulate and provide great download code. Pluralsight offers a cool set of tools that let you take a test and see where you stand on the learning curve of a given technology. This lets you know where you should be brushing up on a given technology.,Companies don't change technologies in their products often. For example a product that was built on AngularJS is still viable and the company may have no plans to upgrade it. Pluralsight could do a better job of providing new courses on technology that's still useful, though somewhat dated; like AngularJS for example. Pluralsight has a bad habit of throwing all their courses in a large bucket. For example, when I log-in and look to see what new I often have to wade through courses on tools that a web artist or designer would use. I wish Pluralsight would categorize course and let us (their customers) flag what types of videos we wanted to see, or better yet exclude from our view. Years ago, Pluralsight would let its customer download the courseware and that was great. I was disappointed when they stopped this feature. I'd love to see more course where the goal is to build a particular type of software. For example, lets have one where you build a blog using ASP.NET and deploy it to Azure. Let have one where you build a survey application, etc. Learning technologies is great, but I'd love to see courses where the goal is to build a particular type of application.,10,Pluralsight is truly cost-effective for staying relevant. An annual Pluralsight subscription for an entire team is far more cost-effective than sending one individual to in-person training for a week. When we need to get up to speed on a technology, our Pluralsight subscription is right at hand. One quick search and we can get started. This helps us shorten the learning curve. Trying to find an in-person course has become difficult because the market has mostly transitioned to online courses.,,Microsoft Azure, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Visual Studio Team SystemWish you knew more? There's an app for that.Pluralsight is both a tool used by myself and colleagues to expand knowledge for new and familiar technical concepts alike. Additionally, it is also a way to provide training to new hires. In the field of information technology, new advances happen almost every day, and as professionals, we are expected to be consistently ahead of the curve in support of the needs of our customers. Pluralsight gives us a central location to receive training on technologies we need to be familiar with in order to effectively serve our clients or business.,It gives you a central location to track progress, listen to lectures and take exams on the subject matter. It gives the company one way to manage training across IT, marketing and other business disciplines. The user interface is fairly easy to use and the number of courses or subjects available is quite good.,Finding ways to make courses more interactive and less lecture oriented would be helpful. Quality of video and audio lectures could use updating to meet current expectations. Continuing to stay on the bleeding edge of technology. Some classes can be outdated.,8,It helped me get acquainted with a new technology that I needed to support without having to flounder and click around. Without buy in from management, it can go to waste if not actually used by employees. I saw that happen often. With more knowledgeable employees, the risk of them moving on to new roles is increased.,Coursera,Coursera, ConnectWise Automate (formerly LabTech), PyCharm
Pluralsight

Pluralsight Reviews

Pluralsight
Top Rated Award
Filter 19 vetted Pluralsight reviews and ratings
Sam Rueby (MCSA) profile photo
April 18, 2018

Review: "Sharpen your technology skills with Pluralsight"

• Pluralsight has hundreds of authors that are constantly producing new content, which is valuable for the tech industry that is constantly moving at a brisk pace.
  • Many content authors are respected leaders in the topic they're presenting. You are able to trust that their content is thorough and authentic.
  • Niche expert-level topics are presented in a curated video format which is difficult to find anywhere else.
  • Pluralsight has improved the standards of their video format and audio quality, however, there are still many courses that exist before these improved standards.
  • Most topics don't include a procedure to verify your understanding of the content, such as with brief comprehension quiz after a section.
  • There are tons of topics that are covered, but it's still possible to search for a topic that is not covered at all.
Pluralsight's best demographic is already-seasoned technology for professionals who are looking to improve their skills and train themselves to move up in job titles. There are competitors that are better suited for absolute beginners. While the content is excellent and presented in a manner significantly less boring than reading the documentation, it's still up to the user to ensure they're comprehending the information.
Read Sam Rueby (MCSA)'s full review
Taylor Patton profile photo
May 14, 2018

User Review: "The Power of Pluralsight"

• Variety - Pluralsight is not short when it comes to the variety of courses they offer. If you fall under any of the large umbrellas like Creative Design, Web Development, or IT Security/Systems; then they have a course for you.
  • Quality - What seperates Pluralsight from other e-learning platforms is the exceptional quality of the platform. From the amazing UI/UX design the platform has to its courses often taught by leading professionals, Pluralsight outranks all competition.
  • Courses - I know I slightly touched on this topic, but their is more needed to be said about the courses offered. Just as I mentioned the great variety, they also do not lack in quantity of courses offered per category. Additionally, all courses are rated 1-5 stars by previous students as well as written reviews.
  • Difficult to Address - Yes, that is my con. I simply do not have a con I could address that is worth noting for potential buyers of this product.
Pluralsight is an amazing tool and well suited for anyone interested in learning a variety of computer technologies. It is great for in or outside of the workplace, as long as the individual is utilizing it for self-improvement. That is the largest driver in online learning and measuring its benefits. This product is not suited for a company or individual who is not dedicated to consistently putting their cognitive ability to the test.
Read Taylor Patton's full review
Abhijeet Pawar profile photo
March 07, 2018

Review: "Best Online Technology Courses Portfolio - PluralSight"

• Best Mobile Application UI and 5000+ courses available.
  • Enrolling on mobile devices is very easy, and you can register multiple devices on a single ID. Access to all courses is very seamless.
  • Best feature is bookmarking the courses you are interested to watch later. Also, you can continue your course anytime you want where you have left off.
  • Course completion certificate.
  • There are only courses related to technology. They don't offer courses on online marketing or social media.
  • Many times courses are long and lengthy, which discontinues effective learning.
  • Some videos have poor voice and video quality.
Pluralsight is heading in right direction and has lot of content which we is available unlimited times. I would highly recommend this software and you should enroll yourself in it in order to fulfill your personal goals. Its most useful application is technology wise and for tech savvy guys. For social media and other than technology courses, it is not best and you won't get appropriate content on Pluralsight.
Read Abhijeet Pawar's full review
Mark Orlando profile photo
November 07, 2017

Review: "Pluralsight -All the Time Online and Up-to-Date"

• When it comes to Microsoft tools, languages and techniques, Pluralsight brings its customers the very latest in content. Just after the release of ASP.NET Core 2.0 came out they had a course available online.
  • The instructors are top-notch. You get incredible presenters such as Paul Sheriff, Shawn Wildermuth, Scott Allen and more. All are incredibly articulate and provide great download code.
  • Pluralsight offers a cool set of tools that let you take a test and see where you stand on the learning curve of a given technology. This lets you know where you should be brushing up on a given technology.
  • Companies don't change technologies in their products often. For example a product that was built on AngularJS is still viable and the company may have no plans to upgrade it. Pluralsight could do a better job of providing new courses on technology that's still useful, though somewhat dated; like AngularJS for example.
  • Pluralsight has a bad habit of throwing all their courses in a large bucket. For example, when I log-in and look to see what new I often have to wade through courses on tools that a web artist or designer would use. I wish Pluralsight would categorize course and let us (their customers) flag what types of videos we wanted to see, or better yet exclude from our view.
  • Years ago, Pluralsight would let its customer download the courseware and that was great. I was disappointed when they stopped this feature.
  • I'd love to see more course where the goal is to build a particular type of software. For example, lets have one where you build a blog using ASP.NET and deploy it to Azure. Let have one where you build a survey application, etc. Learning technologies is great, but I'd love to see courses where the goal is to build a particular type of application.
If you're a web developer you definitely need Pluralsight to stay relevant in this industry. If you're a web designer that uses tools to draw or paint web pages Pluralsight may have something for you, but not much. Another thing where Pluralsight is great is the self-assessment tests. They are a geat place to find questions and answers to use in technical interviews.
Read Mark Orlando's full review
Donovon Carter profile photo
November 13, 2017

Pluralsight Review: "Wish you knew more? There's an app for that."

• It gives you a central location to track progress, listen to lectures and take exams on the subject matter.
  • It gives the company one way to manage training across IT, marketing and other business disciplines.
  • The user interface is fairly easy to use and the number of courses or subjects available is quite good.
  • Finding ways to make courses more interactive and less lecture oriented would be helpful.
  • Quality of video and audio lectures could use updating to meet current expectations.
  • Continuing to stay on the bleeding edge of technology. Some classes can be outdated.
If you are wanting to advance your career or simply expose yourself to new technologies, it's a great tool to achieve that end. If you are in a new role and need to "catch up" on something, it gives you ways to learn on the fly. If you are hoping to become a subject matter expert on a particular topic, I think you would need to find a role that would provide you with more actual experience. Pluralsight is more of a lecture based system than actual real world experience, which are not the same things.
Read Donovon Carter's full review
Ai Ashe profile photo
November 07, 2017

"PluralSight Review"

Pluralsight is offered as a video resource for all faculty and students at the Art Institute of Virginia Beach. It offers training in a variety of software and IT solutions.
  • Clear videos, good resolution
  • Resource downloads
  • Variety of training
  • Offer some videos specifically to provide a more in-depth look at certain tools and attributes, rather than how to use the tools in a project.
  • Some videos are a bit lengthy.
Very appropriate for software training in all areas. Easy to use and search for specific training. Also accessible on mobile devices. Can't think of any scenerio where it is less appropriate.
Read Ai Ashe's full review
Hernán Silva profile photo
November 03, 2017

Pluralsight Review: "Great offering, well suited for developers, designers, game programmers and more"

PluralSight is being used across the whole company to train employees on all areas (QA, web development and software development) to get confident with technologies, old and new, and improve the company offering by empowering employees to learn new skills.
  • Providing up-to-date content
  • Offering both individual and business accounts
  • Offering learning paths
  • There is room for improvement on offline content: there is no way to download content to consume while offline
Pluralsight comes very handy when learning design and development and techniques for well known programs and languages.
There are some business related paths and courses where pluralsight offer basic concepts, would be great to expand those to a more detailed offering.
Read Hernán Silva's full review
Lokesh Yadav profile photo
August 31, 2016

Pluralsight Review: "Very useful website for learning new technologies"

I have been using Pluralsight to learn the programming language Swift, at a beginner level. With the help of Pluralsight, I learned it almost within 20-25 days which is a very quick turnaround time and I also use it to update my skills on iOS development. It provides very high quality video tutorials and I was really amazed to see the content explanation and its depth explained in a very easy and simple manner.
  • All the available courses have been explained in a very professional manner by International industry experts with the help of easy to understand course videos.
  • One can track their overall progress in learning with the option of pre as well as post assessments for the course module which provides a better insight on where one actually stands before the learning phase is started and after the learning phase.
  • I can always repeat any particular module if it is not clear to me on the very first attempt itself for an unlimited number of times. So, it is definitely better than classroom sessions where repetition can't be done.
  • They also offer a certificate for passing the assessments successfully.
  • There are no videos available for the expert level. It would be great to see that feature too as sometimes you need to look at the videos to understand the concept easily.
  • Due to the differences in environment, the exercises section gets stuck sometimes which confuses me and I can’t figure out my mistake.
  • While using XML instead of http, I got 5 different instances of an icon whereas I should have seen only 1. So, this is a major drawback of Pluralsight.
Pluralsight has a robust catalog of courses starting from beginner to advanced levels. It is well suited for someone who wants to enhance their knowledge about latest trends, technologies and programming languages. Exploring the courses is very easy using the filters like popular courses, expertise level and more. Courses like Java, Microsoft and Android have been explained in a very detailed manner so that everyone can understand it.
Read Lokesh Yadav's full review