Plutio

Plutio Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

Joseph Kahn | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Plutio for monthly billing of the client. It is connected to our Stripe account and is responsible for automatic rebilling every month. It also created the agreement to begin the billing as well as track the items on the project needed to complete the work.
  • Automatically does monthly billing
  • Organizes project steps and tasks
  • Helps create professional agreements for digital signature
  • Better templates for other project types
  • Easier tools for creating proposals (the dark look is hard)
  • Hook up with ClickUp easier without the expense of Zapier
Plutio is absolutely perfect for the starting out agency that needs to bill clients and keep track of their tasks. It is not suited for companies that need a more detailed project planning application. Which is why we also use ClickUp for project management.
Omar Abdelrehim | TrustRadius Reviewer
Right now we use Plutio as our main business management workflow software. We use it across our entire organization (Small organization). The problem that it solved was the issue of making sure our projects are on track, as well as sending proposals and managing that process. We used to send the proposal, then get them to approve it, then manually send an invoice and take payments over the phone. Then there was the issue of project management and assigning people to each project and task. Now Plutio helped us automate that process from proposal creation to approval to invoice. This saved us deals and time to follow up on deals.
  • Project management
  • Business process management
  • Its ability to integrate into other systems inherently
  • Its ability to integrate into other systems utilizing easy webhooks
  • The Invoicing within the proposal
  • Add more Webhooks for deeper integration
  • More payment options within invoices
Plutio is great for any organization that needs a simple, easy-to-use project management system. No technical knowledge required, and simply laid out for simple project management. Great for small companies, and small teams. Also good for creating roles and permissions as well as adding assistants and giving your clients an interface to see the project status and progress. The client portal can white-labeled which makes your organization look very professional.
I used Plutio as a CRM system, to both invoice clients and enter in client's payment details for quick checkout, and for sending of professional-looking contracts. I needed something simple, intuitive and easy to use, which I can access fast on a sales call. Plutio seemed to fill that requirement.
  • It's quick and intuitive, easy to set up.
  • I can invoice in different currencies easily. This is much needed in international business.
  • Simple invoicing and straight-forward onboarding.
  • The design of the invoices, when I used it, was not as sleek as I would have wanted it to be. There wasn't a proper template that I could use.
  • Similar to the design of the invoice, there wasn't a proper email template I could use.
  • The app itself didn't seem to be very secure, when I used it, it seemed to be buggy/clunky in some areas, not updating properly, etc.
  • When I used this, there wasn't a professional-looking contract, and there was no auto sending of the contract once an action was taken by a client, such as payment. It didn't make for a smooth enough workflow for me.
If someone wanted to use an easy, no-frills, straight-forward CRM that does the job well, use Plutio. I truly appreciate that Plutio has the option to charge in different currencies where other CRM don't. If you care more about professional-looking aesthetics and a beautiful layout, you might want to try using another CRM.
I spoke to the founder himself and he was very responsive and helpful. I found it humbling that he took the time to answer all my inquiries despite his busy schedule, and invited me to his webinar so he could show me how Plutio works. I appreciate that very much.
Michael Naylor | TrustRadius Reviewer
We manage a number of different projects for different clients. We use Plutio to track milestones for each project, deadlines, and tasks and sub tasks within each project. We use Plutio to assign tasks to team members, to communicate with our suppliers and within our teams. We store account and login information for each client and task.
  • Track tasks.
  • Deadlines and alerts.
  • Progress within a project.
  • Highly customizable.
  • Calendar function shows ALL tasks, not ones that are open or that are upcoming.
Very good for a big team with disparate tasks within a project.
Not that great for task management for a small team of only one or two individuals.
Great at customizing--you can build out your tracking as deep or as shallow as you wish, do whatever makes sense to you.
Interacted directly with the CEO after we signed up, he responded to our questions and built a lot of confidence in the product. Afterwards, we recommended some improvements to the calendar and task list, and they implemented them.
Dustin Day | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Plutio to organize my projects and keep my tasks in order. The way you can customize Plutio to work for your workflow makes it a great tool for anyone that needs project management and team workflow tool. Then you add proposals, time tracking, and invoices and you really have a winner! I use the kanban style tool the most. I have set-up different templates for my different project types. It really makes organizing a project or client workload easy and intuitive.
  • Kanban organization.
  • Task management.
  • Onboarding could be more helpful.
  • Time tracking is improving, but could use improvement.
If you manage a team, multiple clients, or just like being organized with your work, Plutio can help you succeed. Plutio is always improving and the development team does a good job of communicating what is happening with the future of the tool. If you want a project management tool that can help you get your work done, Plutio is wonderful!
The team is responsive and the owner/lead developer is friendly and supportive. You really feel like part of the team when working with Plutio and being a part of their community.
Thomas Schuller | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Plutio strictly for my project management needs, including keeping track of work packages and tasks. Also I use Plutio for time tracking. Additionally I use it as an idea board in order to have everything in one place. Other than that I did not yet use all the other functions it provides like writing proposals and invoices - the reason being that I have other dedicated software for that.
  • Structuring your to-do's.
  • Collaborating with your team members.
  • UI on some parts could be optimized.
  • Translations (in my case German) is unusable with clients.
Plutio is very well suited for everything that is project-related and where you need to keep track of your tasks and also how much time you spend for them. Additionally, it is a whole suite for every small business, from writing proposals to contracts up to invoicing the client after the end of the project.
Despite Plutio only having a small team, support is always lightning-fast and very helpful. All my problems very solved so far and the conversations were always very friendly. Especially Leo, the owner, is a very friendly and helpful guy.
Christopher Page, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
We primarily use Plutio for project management, but also occasionally use for invoicing. It is being used by the entire organization. We have found this incredibly helpful for project transparency with clients since it allows clients to both add/edit tasks, view progress, and even comment on specific tasks they have questions about or we need feedback on.
  • Multiple foundational business tools all in one system.
  • Great project management system.
  • Small issue, but when you open a task in order to close it you have to click the X icon, instead of just clicking in the background to close it.
Plutio is great if you need to customize projects that have different groups of tasks, or even if you want a simple project management system. Instead of just having a typical kanban board to do, in progress, and done, you can split out multiple boards within the project using the kanban system. For example, you can have a board for development, board for marketing, and board for operations, each with the kanban style of to do, in progress, and done, within an individual project. This allows for more customization, as well as the organization in projects.
I have only needed to reach out for support once and got a quick response. There was an issue with the Mac app, but I knew it was in beta. Leo, the owner, was quick to reply thanking me for letting him know about the issue, that the Mac app is still in beta, and that I can use the web version in the meantime until the bug was fixed.
We use Plutio across the company not only as a complete project management tool, but also as a to do list organizer and reminder tool. There are a lot more ways Plutio can be used but these are the two ways in which we get the most use out of it.
  • Task management is excellent. It can be broken down into so many levels and makes it easy to keep track of what needs to be done.
  • The ability to customize your method of using it is key. Setting it up to both look and work in a way that fits your company and employees is very important and Plutio does this very well.
  • While the ability to customize is great, it is a little lacking in the visual GUI department. But thats more of a personal preference than anything else.
  • When choosing dates and times for tasks and projects I think the input method could be a little less clunky.
Plutio is perfect for small, flexible companies. It makes keeping track of projects, timelines, tasks and any other "to do" items easy and manageable. Everyone on the team can be kept in the loop (or everyone that's supposed to be kept in the loop, while others needn't be) on what's going on at any given time. While it can definitely handle larger teams and larger organizations as well I feel as though it would really require someone taking the time to truly customize it to fit the way the company works.
Leo Bassam is the brains behind Plutio and he and his team are incredibly responsive. They set up a user facebook group and are constantly monitoring it for questions, suggestions and with their own updates on how new development is progressing. I'm very pleased with the support they provide for their users.
Daniel Städeli | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Plutio to streamline the onboarding process of our clients to a new project. It starts from preparing a super professional quote, sending out invoices and getting paid to managing the project itself with tasks, conversations, file uploads, time tracking, etc. Plutio is very complete.
It solves the problem of having too many separate systems to do everything (quotes in Microsoft Word, invoices in QuickBooks, task management in Trello, file exchange in Google Drive, etc. etc). This can all be covered inside Plutio.
  • Whitelabeling
  • Quotes and Templates
  • File exchanges with comments
  • Translations
  • File sync client for local PC
  • Some customers have a hard time registering
Small Startup / Agency with small budget but wants to come across professionally. We installed Plutio on our own domain (account.seriousweb.ch), it looks like it's our own service, needless to say it comes across as very professional. This separates us from the other small agencies that use Word and Excel files, Google Drive and such.
Leo (owner of the product) is a star. His response time is fabulous and he is committed to fixing bugs right away. His team is working to improving the platform constantly. I'm extremely grateful for this dedication to supporting Plutio's clients.
I use Plutio with a colleague of mine to help us manage an educational podcast and blog that we host. This is a great management piece, that also shows a progress bar to see where you are, as well as integrate different project lists, checklists, links to other documents, etc. We were using a variety of platforms to help keep ourselves organized as well as track what we were working on and planning. This has since taken over the job of many apps, creating a hub where we can share information, attach documents, delineate assignments, and get notifications.
  • The project board gives you a space to organize your various projects or outlets on one screen to help manage. These show as sticky note styled blocks on the page. This helps you manage and stay organized at the top level, especially if tracking multiple projects.
  • Within the top level is tasks lists. Plutio does a nice job breaking down your project into more levels. You can highlight tasks different colors, check off completed tasks, delegate to specific users, and set due dates.
  • The progress bar is great. This tracks how much of each task you have completed. If a task consists of a number of steps, checklist style, as you complete a step the progress bar will increase.
  • Great integration with other tools. We often link to Google Slides and Google Docs within our tasks so that everything can be accessed in this one location.
  • There is a chat feature in Plutio, but it is a little cumbersome. Something more open and fluent, mimicking Slack would be more ideal.
  • A BIG bonus would be Google Drive integration. Right now we add hyperlinks to the different documents, but being able open our Google Drive in a side panel and drop in would be even quicker and easier.
  • Notifications aren't great. This could be explored further.
Plutio is great for the individual who is constantly on the go, managing a wealth of online information and projects. I can see those who work in education, such as administration, or technology coaches/teacher coaches using a platform like this to stay organized. Freelance or consultants would also benefit as it can manage your digital self.
Plutio is being used to help organize tasks as well as to organize documents needing to be signed and processed by various departments.
  • Task Lists
  • Organization
  • Streamline everything
  • N/A
I think it is a great tool that combines so many resources into one. Rather than using multiple platforms to accomplish tasks, you can put everything together and do what you need from this one.

Plutio Scorecard Summary

Project Management (14)
Task Management (11)
Resource Management (8)
Gantt Charts (3)
Scheduling (7)
Workflow Automation (5)
Team Collaboration (10)
Support for Agile Methodology (4)
6.6
Support for Waterfall Methodology (2)
Document Management (9)
Email integration (8)
Mobile Access (9)
Timesheet Tracking (6)
Change request and Case Management (5)
9.2
Budget and Expense Management (3)
9.5
Professional Services Automation (4)
Quotes/estimates (7)
Invoicing (10)
Project & financial reporting (5)
Integration with accounting software (3)
5.5

What is Plutio?

Plutio is a project management application from the UK company of the same name, featuring configurable shareable task lists, task notifications and alerts, and a client portal.

Plutio Pricing