Poll Everywhere is an event management software system offered by Poll Everywhere.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Wp/5a/8TOO4BPNMALX.pngGood Supplemental Tool for Classes.We primarily use Poll Everywhere as a tool in some of our real estate classes. We offer a number of courses via webinar, and are looking into expanding that and making our webinars more interactive, and Poll Everywhere has been one method that we've used in order to encourage participation and interaction among not just the attendees via webinar, but also with the instructor as well as students in the classroom being presented via webinar.,It's deceptively simple to use. Showing how to use the features, create & modify questions, and viewing polling data, is much easier than it first seems. There are a surprising amount of alternate ways to poll users and present questions in more ways than just "Question and 2-4 possible answers." It's pretty easy to customize. It's very, very, very easy to use as an attendee. There's not anything complex or invasive in order to sign in and vote in polls.,I wish it were easier to group and store reports of polls. That's one area, in terms of verifying a user has participated, that's a bit of a pain. In addition to my first point, I wish that when attendees vote via text, that they are required to put in a name much like the browser version. Part of how we use Poll Everywhere is to verify attendance and participation and this could be I think a little easier to do.,8,It's helped for us to give a good, interactive experience for students, that has potential for better utilization. There definitely needs to be a better balance for how it is used, because if this software is used too much in a presentation, it gets distracting from the actual material in the classroom. Too little and folks (on certain topics) find themselves bored and waiting to actually "do something."Poll Everywhere Leverages Existing Tech, Saves MoneyWe adopted Poll Everywhere institution-wide after it was used successfully by one of our schools. The need arose for a less expensive, device-agnostic audience polling device for student engagement and formative assessment - Poll Everywhere met that need. Faculty use Poll Everywhere in different ways, including to gauge readiness at the start of a class, to see where concepts might need clarified, and to engage students in discussion and class decision making.,Stellar customer service/tech support User-friendly question creation (just a few clicks) Consistently making improvements based on user feedback Offers pretty robust free version that we can share with our teachers in training,SSO integration could be a little smoother LMS grade integration requires many steps, sometimes frustrates faculty New quiz/gaming feature is still not as good as Kahoot - some technical issues in presentations,9,We were facing an unplanned $20k yearly expense if we had stayed with our previous clicker provider Poll Everywhere made it so we did not have to increase student fees or find another way to fund the initiative; we had enough in current fees to cover the usage In pilots, students preferred using Poll Everywhere to clickers,,Articulate Storyline, Zoom, Qualtrics, Blackboard, VEGAS ProA Simple But Overwhelming Poll Favorite With AdaptabilityPoll Everywhere is being used throughout teachers in our school district to help with formative assessments, surveys, and student engagement issues in the classroom. I currently use Poll Everywhere for professional development purposes with teachers, to enhance the interaction between staff and I. I have recently seen teachers utilizing Poll Everywhere as Do Nows and Exit tickets, as well as check-ins throughout a lesson.,Easy to use and get up and running. You can quickly set up a poll everywhere question or survey in a matter of minutes. Fun and creative. Poll Everywhere allows users to interact via text message on their phone or through the web app/site. Great for student engagement. Saves the results. One of the best features is that you can take the results from the poll or survey away with you to check back on at a later date. This is perfect for teachers to be able to assess and modify their lessons.,I can honestly say I like everything about Poll Everywhere. Its simplicity is a complete advantage over other programs. I actually like how users are anonymous when they respond. However, you can have users/students sign-in if you are running the premium version of Poll Everywhere.,10,Enhanced interaction during lessons Increased student engagement Increased opportunities for student voice,Socrative, exit ticket and google forms,Google Drive, Schoology, WordPress
Poll Everywhere

Poll Everywhere Reviews

Poll Everywhere
Filter 4 vetted Poll Everywhere reviews and ratings
Casey Wright profile photo
August 28, 2018

Poll Everywhere Review: "Good Supplemental Tool for Classes."

• It's deceptively simple to use. Showing how to use the features, create & modify questions, and viewing polling data, is much easier than it first seems.
  • There are a surprising amount of alternate ways to poll users and present questions in more ways than just "Question and 2-4 possible answers." It's pretty easy to customize.
  • It's very, very, very easy to use as an attendee. There's not anything complex or invasive in order to sign in and vote in polls.
  • I wish it were easier to group and store reports of polls. That's one area, in terms of verifying a user has participated, that's a bit of a pain.
  • In addition to my first point, I wish that when attendees vote via text, that they are required to put in a name much like the browser version. Part of how we use Poll Everywhere is to verify attendance and participation and this could be I think a little easier to do.
It's very handy in a classroom style setting. I'm interested in playing around with other features such as word clouds and other voting methods in order to catalyze more webinar discussion and participation. I think that it is a useful tool in enhancing and supplementing presentations, though with that said, it's only really handy when presenting new information or making a point in real time. Some business-related scenarios don't really lend themselves well to live response and too much of this I think could get distracting from an actual lecture or presentation (since you're ENCOURAGING attendees to be on their phones/computers).
Read Casey Wright's full review
Emily Keener profile photo
November 14, 2018

Review: "Poll Everywhere Leverages Existing Tech, Saves Money"

• Stellar customer service/tech support
  • User-friendly question creation (just a few clicks)
  • Consistently making improvements based on user feedback
  • Offers pretty robust free version that we can share with our teachers in training
  • SSO integration could be a little smoother
  • LMS grade integration requires many steps, sometimes frustrates faculty
  • New quiz/gaming feature is still not as good as Kahoot - some technical issues in presentations
Poll Everywhere might be a good fit for institutions that have historically relied on "clicker" devices, but are now faced with financial and administrative challenges as clicker companies move to cloud/subscription-based services. Poll Everywhere helped us out of a bind by offering a less expensive alternative and allowing us to rely on the devices most students already have in hand. We also collaborated with Poll Everywhere on usage ideas for users who do not own mobile devices; they helped us consider how we might use other university technology and methods to ensure no student misses out, regardless of what device they own.
Read Emily Keener's full review
Nick Amaral profile photo
August 15, 2017

Poll Everywhere Review: "A Simple But Overwhelming Poll Favorite With Adaptability"

• Easy to use and get up and running. You can quickly set up a poll everywhere question or survey in a matter of minutes.
  • Fun and creative. Poll Everywhere allows users to interact via text message on their phone or through the web app/site. Great for student engagement.
  • Saves the results. One of the best features is that you can take the results from the poll or survey away with you to check back on at a later date. This is perfect for teachers to be able to assess and modify their lessons.
  • I can honestly say I like everything about Poll Everywhere. Its simplicity is a complete advantage over other programs.
  • I actually like how users are anonymous when they respond. However, you can have users/students sign-in if you are running the premium version of Poll Everywhere.
Poll Everywhere is well suited for Do Nows, exit tickets, SAT review, constant check-ins during a lesson/activity, in formal assessments, surveys, and areas for student voice. It is not a formal program in which you should expect quiz/formal test like features. I have utilized Poll Everywhere in the English class while reading and analyzing a text. It affords students a backchannel to respond to questions and understandings, while voicing their opinion, and being able to defend their reasoning/examples to others.
Read Nick Amaral's full review