Polycom RealPresence Group Series
Polycom RealPresence Group Series
The Polycom RealPresence Group Series codecs were used as part of our outgoing Video Managed Service. Enabled collaboration for staff in …
We as an organization using the video conferencing systems for the last 4.5 Years. Implemented 30+ meeting rooms including the Town Hall, …
We use it exclusively for our video conference rooms solution throughout our organization as well as support other campuses and state …
Polycom RealPresence Group Series was used at the North American headquarters and select locations throughout the United States, Canada, …
We use the Polycom RealPresence Group Series to participate in conference calls. We use Microsoft Teams to create and host the meetings. …
We standardized our enterprise video conferencing platform around the Polycom RealPresence Group Series for several reasons. The most …
Polycom RealPresence Group Series 500 is used in about a dozen conference rooms across the united states that require high-quality audio …
The Polycom system was deployed in the board meeting room. Board members have lifesize and cisco conference systems in their offices, and …
Polycom RealPresence Group Series is being used by everyone in our department but has not yet been integrated to use by everyone in the …
Polycom RealPresence Group Series codecs are being used across the organization which we support. They enable video conferencing between …
We use the Polycom RealPresence systems for communication both within the company and with external Partners and Customers. I work …
My company uses the Group Series to teleconference with our remote offices and third-party companies using Skype for Business as the …
Polycom is used by the whole company for basic audio and web meetings. [We] Use HD video conferences for site to site or external board …
Sappi recently purchase six Group Series 500 codecs this past year. The units have been distributed to our major sites with the hopes of …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Polycom RealPresence Group Series, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
2 people want pricing too
The Polycom RealPresence Group Series is a video conferencing codec that connects to a standards-based video conferencing infrastructure to allow users to make video conference calls. There are three products in the series – RealPresence Group 300, RealPresence Group 500, and RealPresence Group 700. It is certified to use with Office 365 and Skype for Business.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
- The codecs whilst refreshed from older HDX ones have not really evolved in a significant fashion over the years. Everything feels like an add-on which requires multiple devices to be purchased for a fuller experience.
- Reliablity has been good so long term the HW pays for itself however the maintenance and support costs continue to be a less attractive ongoing ROI.
- Increasing server capacity is expensive and eventually you are forced to upgrade to a newer model. Turns into a balance of the here and now versus future proofing to a specific point.
- I don't have any firm stats but I can promise there was a decrease in travel costs
- It gives such a better experience connecting with people at a different site that it's easier to form a relationship. It's not some person on the other end of a phone call - you can see them and hear them.
- Help us lots to interact with our Chinese vendor on daily basis.
- Help to reduced the cost of traveling and business hours.
- IP based secure dial-in with govt. bodies.
- Ongoing maintenance is costly but worth it for risk mitigation.
- Better quality of video and integration.
- GS 700 intergration is very flexible with integrated room solutions.
- The system reduced travel costs immediately.
- The system allowed for rapid transmission of information and problem solving to take place across campus, across the country, and around the world.
- Helped keep costs down at board meeting time. Everyone can just call in now and employees do not need to travel as much.
- Helped organize meetings and bring customers together with sales.
- Polycom management suite provides easy configuration and monitoring.
- Standardizing on Polycom has lowered our travel cost due to the high reliability and quality.
- Less travel costs
- More productivity during meetings
- It's a professional-grade conference room solution, which reduced board member travel costs.
- We have been able to increase productivity by spending less time navigating through a phone directory to call someone, and to find out if and when they are available.
- We can determine if someone is available through the notifications on the phone screen itself or use the instant messaging function, which are both linked to our Outlook calendars.
- We are able to more quickly connect our students to resources and other professionals on campus by being able to anticipate who is available to meet with them or speak with them over the phone, before even having to make a call.
- Video conference adoption has increased by over 3X in the past 8 years. About half of that time was while using Polycom RealPresence Group Series codecs.
- Placing more systems will always increase the use. Make system freely available, simple to use and provide training and support.
- Increase user ability to schedule rooms
- Increase users' ability to join calls without IT assistance
- Impress guests with capabilities
- System was never put in with a hard ROI
- Hope is to reduce travel costs if people get comfortable with it
- Will reduce external costs of external hosted products used (will mandate)
- The units are not easy enough to use for some of people with fears of technology.
- Video has saved people time and money when not needing to travel.
- People have to pay attention when on video.
- Increase productivity
- Increase connectiveness across the team.
- Once pexip integrates Polycom/Skype this will be a big win for us due to the RPTouch integrating the "one - touch join". This will increase adoption of video greatly.
- Before the Group series with peripherals was implemented the cost of a video room was twice what it is today. Massive win.
- Due to provisioning and automated firmware the IT involvement has been greatly reduced. No longer is there a need for manual changes to individual endpoints.
- The introduction of video at the firm has, over time, significantly reduced travel cost.
- The added value of Polycom is getting harder and harder to justify in most situations anymore. When low cost software video is delivering such great quality...it is hard to justify tripling the cost of a small room to add Polycom.
- We are able to more easily train associates to use the devices. They can operate them with minimal instruction and little oversight.
- Cost reduction of traveling.
- Real time presences from a remote location.
- Ability to have people on Video instead of having them in person when inconvenient.
- Reduce travel
- Increase time on task
- Increased communication and understanding vs. phone only
- Huge savings on travel expenses.
- Increased collaborations and productivity.
- Good results have caused more purchases of video equipment.
- Allowed more effective communication in certain formats
- Allowed to connect more often with our counterparts specifically outside of North America (places where it's more expensive to fly/ further away)
- Less jitter/tiling than other systems.
- Reduces travel expenses
- Hardwired means that it is only in those locations that it is able to be used.