Score 8.9 out of 10

What is Postman?

Postman, headquartered in San Francisco, offers their flagship API development and management free to small teams and independent developers. Higher tiers (Postman Pro and Postman Enterprise) support API management, as well as team collaboration, extended support and other advanced features.

Time saver of engineers

October 09, 2022

Postman Review

May 24, 2022

All About Postman

January 17, 2022

Postman Delivers

September 17, 2020

• API access control (32)
  • API user onboarding (21)
  • API monitoring and logging (32)
  • API versioning (24)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Postman, and make your voice heard!

Postman Free Plan

$0.00 US Dollars

Postman Basic Plan

$12 US Dollars

per month per user

Postman Professional Plan

$29 US Dollars

per month per user

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.postman.com/pricing

Features

API Management

API management handles technical things like user permissions, version control,and security, in addition to business items like documentation and pricing

8.3Avg 8.2

What is Postman?

Postman is an API platform, boasting users among more than 17 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide for building and managing APIs. Postman aims to simplify each step of the API lifecycle and streamline collaboration, enabling users to create better APIs faster. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and has a large office in Bangalore, where it was founded.

Postman Features

API Management Features

• Supported: API access control
  • Supported: API versioning
  • Supported: Usage billing and payments
  • Supported: API monitoring and logging

Postman Screenshots

Screenshot of API design - You can design your API specifications in Postman using OpenAPI, RAML, GraphQL, or SOAP formats. Postman’s schema editor makes it easy to work with specification files of any size, & it validates specifications with a built-in linting engine.Screenshot of API documentation - Postman automatically generates documentation & supports markdown-enabled and machine-readable documentation. Docs automatically include request details & sample code. Share the docs with your team, in a public workspace, or in a dedicated portal.Screenshot of API testing - Build and run functional, integration, & regression tests directly in Postman or as part of your CI/CD pipeline with Newman (Postman’s a command-line Collection Runner that enables you to run & test a collection from the command line).Screenshot of Public workspaces - Public workspaces allow you to share your APIs publicly with anyone. You can use public workspaces to gather feedback on your APIs, onboard developers quickly, or just showcase your work.Screenshot of Reporting - Postman generates reports that enable you to visualize data for team metrics and usage, & for API activities such as creation, collection execution, and test runs. Use reports to get insights on performance, troubleshooting, & SLA adherence.

Postman Video

Postman Integrations

Postman Competitors

Postman Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based

RapidAPI and Stoplight are common alternatives for Postman.

Reviewers rate API access control highest, with a score of 9.3.

The most common users of Postman are from Enterprises (1,001+ employees).

October 09, 2022

Time saver of engineers

Postman just solves all the problem that developers had with the uses of API builidng and testing. It is baically an end to end solution for API. We can build and test it. Earlier it was so difficult to debug an API and now it is so easy. Earlier we had to write code and send the request and then see the response and then debug but with the development of this app, it has become so easy. It is saving a lot of engineering hours and I will recommend all Organizations to use it.
We use Postman to test and automate any new API's that we are creating, we have created full suites of automated scripts, which has allowed us to speed up testing in key areas. It also allows developers to run a test when needed to improve the quality of the overall work while at the same time reducing the time needed to test things.
Lankit Patel | TrustRadius Reviewer
The regular use case Postman is fine as it's helpful to manage multiple APIs belonging to various projects. but for our case, Postman is a big relief, especially because we often have to communicate with non-conventional clients who have their own custom API-consuming mechanisms. i.e SAP service; those guys do not possess familiarity with convention REST APIs. this is where Postman proved to be a big help. all we needed from our side was just give a link and they'll get the whole API collection.
May 24, 2022

Postman Review

Postman is what we use to test our API systems. We have a variety of public and private API systems, all of which are tested by my team using Postman. We've created separate collections for each, such as Smoke tests, which we run at each test deployment and Functional tests. These tests are continually updated (collection). My issue is that it lacks database connectivity, either relational or trendy-document databases like MongoDB. I have no choice but to export data from these databases and feed it into Postman. This is the only manual step a user must take; the rest of our tests are entirely automated.
Haroon Akmal | TrustRadius Reviewer
We're using Postman for testing of our API systems. We've got many different API systems, public and private, and all those systems are tested by my team using Postman. We've created different collections for each, as Smoke tests, that we run at each test-deploy and then we also have Functional tests collection. We're continuously maintaining these tests (collection). The problem I've is that it lacks the connectivity with databases, either relation or trendy-document DB like MongoDB/ CosmosDB. I have to rely on exporting data from these DBs and to feed it in Postman. This is the only manual step a user has to perform, otherwise our tests are based fully on automation.
Bimal Subedi | TrustRadius Reviewer
Being an IT Company, our organization was in need of an API testing and management tool. It had been a lot of hard to maintain APIs that connect the backend and frontend of our applications. Postman helped our company to manage and test the existing APIs as well as has been helping us to create new APIs. With the help of API documentation feature of Postman, it has been easy to provide guide to our clients within few clicks.
January 17, 2022

All About Postman

I am working in the company as a Test Automation Engineer. I am using Postman for testing different services in different environments. I basically use this tool to test REST requests. My job is to test various services for the organization, do regression testing, smoke testing, functional testing, and much more. All of my business problems are addressed by this product. I love the simple, nice UI it has. It is a very useful and user-friendly tool for making API calls. Postman has many features I like. It keeps the history of your last used requests and this helps in re-using those requests if you want to. It also allows you to maintain your own workspace. [Postman] has folders to make your work easy, it's easy to share with your colleagues, and also allows me to save the request info in my local machine. I think the most important feature is it's free to use. Overall, I find this tool very helpful. It's a good platform for user testing services.
Postman is our primary API automation testing tool. It is used both by developers and QA engineers. Postman offers a free solution to tackling our test automation needs at a lower level than UI testing. Test cases are added and updated based on application functionality changes, exported and stored in source control, and tests are run as part of an automated regression suite with every feature.
Rafael Grandizoli | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Postman in my organization only for personal use. Some other colleagues (with some technical skills) also use it, but it is not a tool for everyone in the company, because its purpose is only technical and, for example, the business team don't need to use it on their work.
Kerry Haupt | TrustRadius Reviewer
Postman is a platform where I can provide the API to my consumers so that they can better discover, explore, and share APIs with one another without any breakdown. through its public network, I am capable of providing the services to my consumer sector and for my organization It has provided the facility of the private APU network due to which we sharing our work and carry on with a flow without any security threats.
Postman is used to verify and build API in our company. It's used in three departments- back-end, front-end and QA. Connecting server side back-end logic with front-end and vice versa. Currently, we are team of 8 developers (a mixture of above 3 departments) which are using Postman as our daily go-to API visualization tool.
September 17, 2020

Postman Delivers

We write and maintain several WCF applications and integrate with WCF services from other teams and departments. Postman has been great for testing method calls for parameters sent and data being returned. We use it for testing these services and for testing other APIs that we're considering using, just to make sure we're getting the data we expect to get.
March 12, 2020

My review on Postman

I am a software developer working for an enterprise-level company. I work on developing software using Java and Kotlin for developing restful web services. In order to test those web services, we use Postman for testing the behavior of services. In my organization, most of the developers use Postman for testing purposes. It is a very good tool to use, as it can be understood very easily and supports different formats like JSON XML.
February 14, 2020

Great API testing tool

Lasha Jojua | TrustRadius Reviewer
Postman is used by several departments: QA, Dev, IT monitoring. Each of them is having their use cases by checking performance and response times during development, testing, or on production environment. Also, teams are connected around one tool, and data sharing or cross-checks for SLI/SLO parameters get easier. It can be integrated into the CI/CD pipeline.
Postman is used by our software development teams, quality assurance teams, as well as our site reliability team. We use it to test API endpoints that we develop, as well as for calling APIs that we interact daily with, such as Microsoft Azure's API. We also use it for building collections of API endpoints that you can call for a specific API. We circulate the collection to teams who need to call that API so they can get onboarded with the API quickly.
Postman is being used by our software development team to test multiple APIs we develop internally. Postman allows the development team to see responses to our APIs for troubleshooting purposes. It also allows us to create API documentation on the fly, easily, organically through the process of testing API endpoints.
Our platform uses a lot of microservices. It has a lot of REST API for various purposes such as to get the information about what task is being currently handled by the CI, is there something which seems to be failing, etc. In order to address all of these problems, we use Postman to query the current state of our microservices.
Joshua Cariño | TrustRadius Reviewer
Postman is our go-to Application for testing all our Rest APIs. It's very userfriendly and has most of the features we look for as devs in testing our APIs. It is also the only testing application we were introduced to even in our Bootcamp as newly hired Associate Software Engineers the last year and no doubt of its capabilities as the whole organization is using it.
Postman is used by our Development team to test and debug APIs. This allows us to begin testing earlier in our projects than we would have been able to otherwise, which saves time and money on programming projects. It also reduces the ramp-up time required for new employees to become productive when working with our existing codebase.
Gary Davis | TrustRadius Reviewer
Postman is used by several developers in the organization. This program is one of my primary tools in the development of web services/APIs and also in calling external web services. Prior to actually programming calls to external web services, this tool lets you try out calls passing parameters and viewing responses. Tweak as necessary, including authorization, and once satisfied, craft your software to do the same.