Power BI For Office 365 Reviews

Denis Pereira | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 17, 2019

Excellent program for manipulation and presentation of statistical data.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

The Microsoft Power BI has been used within the company for a number of years. It is most commonly used in the financial sector of the company and has been delivering excellent results and handling facilities for managers. It shows in detail each value, graphic and is very easy to understand. In the presentations, the software is entering the place of excel.
Read Denis Pereira's full review
Jeremiah Miller | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 14, 2019

Powerful, easy to use, no-nonsense visualization

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Power BI is being used primarily by our donor relations team to create visual dashboards of giving profiles, linked with other data sources. This helps us to easily spot trends in donors and gifts, linked to location and other anonymous demographic data. It is a powerful but easy to use visualization tool for modeling data.
Read Jeremiah Miller's full review
December 13, 2018

PowerBI for your dashboard and reporting needs.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

PowerBI is used within our organisation to display various data and metrics in a visual way, but also allows exporting where required to allow users to interact with the data directly in Excel. It is used by all staff at our organisation. For some it is a simple snapshot view of some data to show where we as a company are right now, for others they use it to drill into sales or product data to give them a quick way to see this data without having to use the clunky reports/interface of our ERP system. The product has allowed us to move from just Excel-based reports to dashboards that show visually what is happening. It also provides the option of simple controls to slice and filter the data to requirements. It is simple to use and create visualisations where previously we had to use a separate system for that.
Daniel J. Lewis | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 01, 2016

Power BI to reduce BS!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I've supported Power BI for companies within the job recruiting area. We implemented the software for staff or more importantly the recruiters to upload data such as health care, real estate, IT, hedge funds and law firms to see what markets were most active and how to distribute staff for recruiting needed employees for their clients. There was no problem; it helped my clients focus on the needed markets with the visuals and dashboard so managers and "higher ups" can put together a strategy.
Read Daniel J. Lewis's full review
Andrew Failor | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 19, 2016

PowerBI.Com - Quick Review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

This differs from company to company. I have implemented solutions for a single line of business within a company and across all lines within a company. Typically during a deployment, we will develop and release content for a single business line and then move to others. Power BI specifically will display the data you have prepared in the background. It can also be used, by power users / analysts, to explore their own data and to make their own analysis without having to go through IT once a solid data model is in place.
Read Andrew Failor's full review
Kurt Kolb | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 16, 2016

Find the POWER

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We gather all of our sales and digital marketing data into BI and create reports for management that really show our effectiveness in the world. There are lots of extra features you get with this that can be customized and modified. Quite a bit better than the previous software we used.
Read Kurt Kolb's full review
February 08, 2018

BI by Microsoft

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Power BI for office 365 (now simply become {Power BI}, is a unique and general platform for managing business intelligence through Microsoft tools. The platform is then subdivided into services rather than desktop or mobile. Thanks to this, in my experience, it was possible to create customized and performing BI tools.
Eltjo Verweij | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 04, 2014

Almost there

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

In our organization, Power BI is used for ad-hoc data analysis and some regular reports, next to other BI tools. Only data analysts use it to compile reports that are easily viewed in Excel by non-Power BI users. It is the tool of choice for combining data from multiple sources.
Read Eltjo Verweij's full review
Ken Raetz | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 21, 2014

Power BI for Office 365 - A compelling data analytics platform for personal and team use

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We are a Microsoft partner, with my line of business focusing on creating data-driven solutions for our customers, ranging from IT-sponsored enterprise data warehouse initiatives to small team and personal business analytics solutions. My consulting team uses Power BI for primarily two purposes: 1) to create pilot/proof-of-concept solutions for our customers to help launch them on their BI journey; 2) to perform data analytics on larger enterprise data-driven initiatives. The agility of the Excel-based solution, combined with the power of the in-memory PowerPivot data engine, more than meets our need for the these 2 purposes. Our customers appreciate it because it allows them to remain in their very familiar Excel environment.

We are working with mostly finance/accounting departments, and in some cases, business analysts (or "power users") within the business community (sales, marketing, etc.). We are solving finance challenges like Accounts Receivable collections, along with operational challenges such as monitoring year-over-year sales metrics and comparing them to budgets that come from two data locations. In addition, we're solving painful "process issues" like trying to import multiple files into a single data set. We are literally reducing process time from days to minutes!

Read Ken Raetz's full review
Ranjeet Kumar | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 04, 2014

Just BI

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

My organization is not using Office 365 yet. I did the research myself and have a given demo to my organization. We may purchase and use it.
Read Ranjeet Kumar's full review
September 19, 2016

Power BI - Worth the O365 Upgrade

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We are using Power BI to create better visual representations for both internal use as well as customer facing analysis. It's not adopted across the entire organization yet but we are in the process of doing so.
March 26, 2015

Power BI worth a look? YES!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I'm a Senior BI Consultant, and have been developing reports with various tools for many years. I started with Crystal Reports, then Hyperion (Brio) Interactive Reporting, Microsoft SSRS, and then Excel Power Pivot. Once I started developing Excel Power Pivot reports and analytical solutions, I was hooked. When the addition of the other Powers: Power Query, Power View, and Power MAPS, I can say I am one of the biggest evangelists of the Microsoft BI Stack out there, and no, I don't work for Microsoft. I don't often look for work developing Power BI Solutions, the work finds me, and I am always glad to work with a client that knows benefits of utilizing Excel to it's maximum capacity. I mean, everyone already has Excel, and finding resources to support what I've built once I move on to the next project is always fairly painless. I'm glad to leave a maintainable solution in the hands of my client, and Power BI is the only BI Development tool that does ETL, Data Models, Drag and Drop report building, Pivot Tables, and more in an environment that's well known.

Pixel Perfect reports (9)
Customizable dashboards (10)
Report Formatting Templates (7)
Drill-down analysis (10)
Formatting capabilities (10)
Integration with R or other statistical packages (5)
10.0
Report sharing and collaboration (10)
Publish to Web (10)
Publish to PDF (9)
Report Versioning (5)
Report Delivery Scheduling (4)
Delivery to Remote Servers (3)
Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.) (9)
Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization (10)
Predictive Analytics (7)
Multi-User Support (named login) (9)
9.6
Role-Based Security Model (7)
9.6
Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete) (8)
Single Sign-On (SSO) (4)
9.6
Responsive Design for Web Access (9)
Dedicated iOS Application (8)
Dedicated Android Application (6)
Dashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile (8)
REST API (1)
Javascript API (1)
Themeable User Interface (UI) (1)
Customizable Platform (Open Source) (1)

About Power BI For Office 365

Business Intelligence for Office 365 allows users to model and analyze their data, and query large datasets with complex natural language queries. The tool also allows users to easily visualize their data in Excel with the help of Power View and Power Map.

Power BI For Office 365 Technical Details