PowerDirector Reviews

Do you work for this company?

Matt James profile photo
Currently, I use PowerDirector to created short videos for our company for promo spots on our website. I also have used it to edit previous videos to add or remove content as needed. Currently, only our IT and Marketing Department uses this product but with how easy it is to use, anyone in our company could use it.
  • Almost everything you need is on one screen and very little configuration is needed.
  • Support for many different file types and the ability to upload to social media from the program is great.
  • Editing video is super easy!
  • The advertisements to upgrade need to go. I understand you guys gotta make money but I already paid for the product I have and I don't need a popup every time I open the program telling me there is an upgrade available for $xx.99.
  • Better documentation on how to use certain plugins.
  • DirectorZone is pointless.
If they needed something easy and affordable this would be it. Hands down. It really does not matter what your experience is with editing, with PowerDirector you can figure it out very easily. It also really does not matter what you need it for, it can be used for small home movie projects all the way up to large scale production projects. I have used PowerDirector for both and everything in between.
Read Matt James's full review
Vijay Kumar profile photo
We use PowerDirector to edit videos and combine videos and add some effects as well. I find it to be useful and easy to use. Also, the learning curve to get started on this was easy which was one of the main reasons we upgrade to the paid plan.
  • Easy to use.
  • Relatively easy to learn.
  • Simple UI/UX.
  • Could have more features available.
It's great for editing videos that need to be shortened, videos that you need to add music to, or to produce videos for Facebook Ads.
Read Vijay Kumar's full review
Chad Von Dette profile photo
I use PowerDirector for all of my editing needs. I have two different YouTube channels and I've found that this program is just as good as their competition that charges much more. It looks, smells, and acts just like any high-quality editing program but without the hefty price tag. I've been using this program for years and although the platform still looks the same the continual improvements make it a great value for anyone wanting to make professional looking videos on their own.
  • It does everything the more expensive versions provide. Plus they send updates to give you the best version of their program.
  • I like that the program comes with many transitions, etc. to give you the most options available for video editing.
  • I really like that they started a yearly service that gives you all of their programs and updates as they come available. I've upgraded for years and now I don't have to. I have all the upgrades as they come.
  • Some areas of the program can be hard to find when you get the most recent updates.
  • It would be nice to have more tutorials to find out where the different upgraded options for editing are located in the program.
  • Some of the plugin features can be hard to find once installed. It would nice to have a "Plugin" button that could take you to all of the options available.
Definitely suited for a business that has a presence on the internet. It is a relatively easy program to use and will make your video quality look professional. It doesn't matter what business you are into, if video is something that will take your company to another level than this is a good program to get the job done.
Read Chad Von Dette's full review

PowerDirector Scorecard Summary

About PowerDirector

CyberLink in Taiwan offers PowerDirector as a consumer-grade video editing platform with a wide array of features and capability of publishing to social media sites.