https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/hy/8H/KPSCXIULUTJU.JPEGPowerDMS in Law EnforcementPowerDMS provides the user with a 'one-stop' database for all agency-related documents, training, surveys, and accreditation-related processes PowerDMS is used by the agency for both accreditation purposes, assessment management, and as a document resource center. All policies and procedures are created in PowerDMS which provides a real-time tracking of the approval related activities. Once the document is approved, we track user review and signature for the document. Additionally, we use PowerDMS to provide remote web-based training to staff by incorporating video, PowerPoint presentations, policies, and other documents. The Training module is used to track all training requests, courses, and certificates.,PowerDMS provides management with a real-time tracking of policy reviews, approvals, and signatures. This is a great benefit for risk management. PowerDMS allows users to incorporate remote, web-based training in a variety of formats including, but not limited to, video, PowerPoint, miscellaneous documents, interactive activities, and tests. PowerDMS provides a very robust search engine that is very user-friendly.,PowerDMS has a mobile application that is available, however, at this time functionality is limited. That being said, the developers are very active in communicating with their customers and are constantly looking to improve all of their services.,10,PowerDMS has saved the agency significant money through paper and printing costs. All documents are now electronic. As a law enforcement agency, we often receive requests for policies, procedures and individual training records. PowerDMS provides the ability to quickly identify these documents and send them to the requester electronically. PowerDMS has significantly improved our ability to provide briefing training that is targeted to the specific audience.,,122,1,Policy and Procedure development and tracking. Accreditation management. Remote training.,We are able to provide near real-time training to staff by incorporating both body-worn camera video and other video sources into a training program. Each program includes the applicable policy or guiding document and a brief test to ensure the end-user understands the goals and objectives of the course.,We anticipate purchasing the forward facing documents component of PowerDMS in 2019 as another tool for agency transparency to the public.,10,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Vendor Reputation Existing Relationship with the Vendor,We would not change from PowerDMS as the product has given us everything promised and more.,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was a big part of the implementation and was well-handled,As with any new product, we experienced a learning curve. This was easily remedied through both the PowerDMS provided training and in-house orientations to the various aspects of the product.,10,No,10,Yes,PowerDMS conducts remote backups frequently throughout the day. While working within an assessment, my agency experienced internal computer issues which caused the deletion of several critical documents. PowerDMS was contacted and they were quickly able to retrieve the missing documents within their program which greatly reduced my stress level.,Pushing new or revised policies to staff is seamless in PowerDMS. Upload the document, assign it to the appropriate staff, and send. Creating a training course with various attachments such as video, maps, documents, etc. is simple and well received by staff. Running reports is quick and simple in PowerDMS. This includes users, documents, training related material, workflows, etc.,As with any product, there is always a learning curve. PowerDMS provides excellent online and live support to assist with any task.,Yes,10Worth it!Our agency utilizes the full package of PowerDMS! From documents and policy management, to training and accreditation. Every employee uses the program! It cuts down on the paper filing of training records like in the past.,Training management Document management Creation of certificates within the software.,Most of my complaints or suggestions are regarding the iPhone app. I wish there were more administrative functions on the app, such as approving workflows from training requests or document approvals, along with managing user profiles such as password resets.,10,We've spent a lot of money on PowerDMS over the years but it was found to be worthwhile.,,Deputy,300,5,Accreditation Training Management Policy Management,Started attaching scans of training certificates to get rid of the old filing cabinet system.,We want to create some sort of checks and balances system for approving people to work details based on required training. We want to create a check list for acquired training to issue commisions.,10,No,Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation,I was not part of this process so I'm not sure.,Implemented in-house,No,Training the whole department for usage.,5,10,Our current CALEA Accreditation disappeared in the middle of our onsite assessment and they were able to recover it immediately!!!!!,The policy management,Sometimes it's cumbersome to update training records or courses in bulk.,Yes,10Great Product!PowerDMS is the document management system we utilize to house all of our Standard Operating Procedures, Policies, Training, Certifications, etc. The ability to edit documents in PowerDMS streamlines the process for housing documentation, as well as provides the ability to compare previous versions to currently updated copies. The ability to create a workflow, and allow permissions for certain users for various documents makes this software particularly unique and beneficial to the organization. PowerDMS is a fantastic software tool and I would recommend it to anyone.,I particularly like the function of being able to hyperlink documents within PowerDMS. For example, I can create a checklist for credentials and hyperlink the certificate or license to the checklist. Our organization uses PowerDMS tagging to create "buckets" for various departments. The organization uses a list of about 20 tags and this makes finding documents very easy. The ability to customize workflow is a crucial feature our organization uses in PowerDMS. I can set-up a workflow so that all users in the first stage must approve before going to the next stage, or allow everyone to view for approval at the same time. I also like that you can set an expiration date which makes it much less to keep up with when a policy or procedure needs to be reviewed. Whether that is annual, biannually, etc.,I think for those administrators who use PowerDMS often, it has to be very intuitive. However, I find that users who do not regularly use the system do not always utilize some of the efficient functionalities.,10,Created efficient processes for approving document revision Migrated what originally was a paper system to electronic Accessible for any employee by logging in, employees do not have to seek out policy and procedure binders, and updated documents can be automatically sent to inboxes when updated.,,Google Drive, Salesforce LightningUseful and practicalThe software helps to organize and efficiently disseminate documents, policies, memos, training, and surveys to our employees. Being able to run reports and track who has done what has been a great help. We save a significant amount of time building our accreditation files in the program as compared to building them in hard copy.,The ease of use makes this a highly powerful tool that is only limited by your creativity in how to use it. I love that the staff take you through every step of the way, and not just sell it to you and dump it on you. Ease of use, efficiency, cloud based, good customer service, a lot of flexibility for personal style.,Some of the features should be quicker to come. While I work for a rather small municipality, I've seen some items that would make PDMS much more efficient (from my perspective) and I would like to see them implemented. I have nothing that I could say I dislike. Really, the only thing I don't like is, I wish it was smarter, and you just need to confirm your up loads, and not highlight everything.,10,Organization. With manual filing, there were documents placed in the wrong folders. It was also more time-consuming to find requested documents. Record-keeping of policy sign off is a breeze, as well as ensuring we are meeting accreditation standards. We are developing a lot of policies and procedures suing the program. Our main focus is keeping up with the CALEA standards relating to law enforcement and this system is a fantastic tool for this purpose.,Deltek Costpoint, Iris PR Software, Accruent 360FacilityI have the Power! PowerDMS is the Thundercat's meow.PowerDMS is used by the College Station Fire Department to organize and publish our policies and protocols. It is used across the entire organization, though more heavily at the chief officers' level. PowerDMS addresses our need to communicate policy changes and receive feedback from our members. Many of our 160+ users use the app to have access to documents on-the-go.,PowerDMS uses a forum to address common technical questions. If I have a question, I can easily find someone who has already asked that question and a detailed answer. PowerDMS makes uploading and organizing documents easy. It's drag and drop. PowerDMS is customizable and has some automatic report and notification features that I use to drive my fire chief crazy.,I'd like to see PowerDMS fix the bug that changes the capital letters in my file names to first capital only. Every time I upload CPR or EMS, it changes to Cpr and Ems.,9,Our return from PowerDMS has been fewer miscommunications and misunderstandings. It has saved time in the editing and consensus process. It has increased our accountability.
PowerDMS

PowerDMS Reviews

PowerDMS
Filter 106 vetted PowerDMS reviews and ratings
Ed Goodman profile photo
November 12, 2018

User Review: "PowerDMS in Law Enforcement"

• PowerDMS provides management with a real-time tracking of policy reviews, approvals, and signatures. This is a great benefit for risk management.
  • PowerDMS allows users to incorporate remote, web-based training in a variety of formats including, but not limited to, video, PowerPoint, miscellaneous documents, interactive activities, and tests.
  • PowerDMS provides a very robust search engine that is very user-friendly.
  • PowerDMS has a mobile application that is available, however, at this time functionality is limited. That being said, the developers are very active in communicating with their customers and are constantly looking to improve all of their services.
PowerDMS is an excellent tool to be used in a law enforcement setting. Being able to run reports on policies and procedures gives management the ability to verify that these documents have been reviewed, received and understood by staff. It also provides a central repository for all critical documents including policies, procedures, training courses and certificates, accreditation related materials, maps, and countless other activities.
Read Ed Goodman's full review
Ethan Dunn profile photo
August 23, 2018

PowerDMS Review: "Worth it!"

• Training management
  • Document management
  • Creation of certificates within the software.
  • Most of my complaints or suggestions are regarding the iPhone app. I wish there were more administrative functions on the app, such as approving workflows from training requests or document approvals, along with managing user profiles such as password resets.
Very worthwhile for policy and procedure management. The ability to revise and republish a document instantly to everyone is fantastic! And the ability to schedule a review based on a particular time frame or date is absolutely awesome, and I'm ashamed we never realized this function prior to this year.
Read Ethan Dunn's full review
Emily Gower profile photo
July 05, 2018

PowerDMS Review: "Great Product!"

• I particularly like the function of being able to hyperlink documents within PowerDMS. For example, I can create a checklist for credentials and hyperlink the certificate or license to the checklist.
  • Our organization uses PowerDMS tagging to create "buckets" for various departments. The organization uses a list of about 20 tags and this makes finding documents very easy.
  • The ability to customize workflow is a crucial feature our organization uses in PowerDMS. I can set-up a workflow so that all users in the first stage must approve before going to the next stage, or allow everyone to view for approval at the same time. I also like that you can set an expiration date which makes it much less to keep up with when a policy or procedure needs to be reviewed. Whether that is annual, biannually, etc.
  • I think for those administrators who use PowerDMS often, it has to be very intuitive. However, I find that users who do not regularly use the system do not always utilize some of the efficient functionalities.
PowerDMS is well suited for mid to large organizations, especially those that may be geographically spread out. As a document management system, it not only operates as a cloud for housing information, but it streamlines processes for creating, updating, and sending documentation. It creates an archive of previous versions of documents and allows organizations to track training and certificates. Additionally, I find it particularly helpful that each document created has its own unique hyperlink which can be used for linking documents within the system.
Read Emily Gower's full review
Julio Gomez Ramirez profile photo
September 07, 2018

PowerDMS Review: "Useful and practical"

• The ease of use makes this a highly powerful tool that is only limited by your creativity in how to use it.
  • I love that the staff take you through every step of the way, and not just sell it to you and dump it on you.
  • Ease of use, efficiency, cloud based, good customer service, a lot of flexibility for personal style.
  • Some of the features should be quicker to come. While I work for a rather small municipality, I've seen some items that would make PDMS much more efficient (from my perspective) and I would like to see them implemented.
  • I have nothing that I could say I dislike.
  • Really, the only thing I don't like is, I wish it was smarter, and you just need to confirm your up loads, and not highlight everything.

We have reduced the need for off shift meetings, reduced overtime, and created a better documentation trail for our policy program.

Read Julio Gomez Ramirez's full review
Stuart Marrs profile photo
August 28, 2018

Review: "I have the Power! PowerDMS is the Thundercat's meow."

• PowerDMS uses a forum to address common technical questions. If I have a question, I can easily find someone who has already asked that question and a detailed answer.
  • PowerDMS makes uploading and organizing documents easy. It's drag and drop.
  • PowerDMS is customizable and has some automatic report and notification features that I use to drive my fire chief crazy.
  • I'd like to see PowerDMS fix the bug that changes the capital letters in my file names to first capital only. Every time I upload CPR or EMS, it changes to Cpr and Ems.
PowerDMS is well suited for an organization that is spread out by time and distance. We have 6 stations and three shifts, but PowerDMS keeps us on the same page. In the past, we had documents and forms in numerous locations, this program allowed us to consolidate and tidy-up our storage.
Read Stuart Marrs's full review
Christine Crocker profile photo
August 13, 2018

User Review: "Why you should consider PowerDMS"

My organization utilized PowerDMS to manage assessment for our member agencies. The ability to conduct these assessments remotley saves time and money.
  • First and foremost their customer service is exceptional. Always very helpful and responsive.
  • They provide great training on the use of the various components of their software.
  • They are responsive to their customers needs.
  • It would be great if we could print a complete standards manual rather than printing each standard separately.
PowerDMS is an excellent program for me to manage my clients. I can send out policies, reports, etc., to everyone simultaneously or individually as necessary.
Read Christine Crocker's full review
Tracy Heusinkveld profile photo
August 09, 2018

User Review: "Feeling Strong with PowerDMS"

PowerDMS is being used by the Police, Fire and Communications departments in the City that I work for. We use it for policy and procedure, training, law updates, certifications, annual required training and accreditation.
  • It organizes our policy and procedure in an easy to follow format. It makes it extremely easy to see which employees have or have not signed off on certain policies.
  • It allows our agency to electronically upload proofs of compliance as a part of our Accreditation process instead of using paper copies for proofs.
  • It allows our agency to maintain files on mandatory training that needs to be completed annually or semi-annually along with reports to show who or who has not yet completed the training.
  • It sometimes appears as though the twenty minute inactivity timer sometimes runs a little short. If there was a way to temporarily adjust it on a user by user basis, that would be helpful instead of having to sign in all the time.
  • I would like to be able to do an attachment search by title for our Accreditation Proofs without needing Administrator rights.
  • Create some additional, more involved, PowerDMS Bootcamp modules that are for those who have completed the first four and are looking for some advanced training.

If I need to find a policy, I can locate it quickly from the search bar.

A scenario where it is not appropriate would be if an administrator gave the wrong type of rights to an employee and he or she abused that right.

Read Tracy Heusinkveld's full review
David Verdier profile photo
July 06, 2018

PowerDMS Review: "Powerful software, great support, engaged user community!"

PowerDMS is utilized by our Police Department for policy and accreditation management. We also keep training records and department forms on the site as a "one-stop-shop" for officers to find resources. It has been an incredibly useful tool for managing accreditation assessments and making policy editing and approval much easier. Our officers like having access to a searchable database of our policies and department forms. Access feels much more open and easy to navigate.
  • Document management is as fully featured as imaginable.
  • Standards and accreditation compliance management is simple and powerful.
  • There is great training and on-boarding for customers. Personalized and one-on-one training were made available to our team.
  • PowerDMS has a large, engaged community of experienced users who help new users and provide feedback to the company.
  • PowerDMS is responsive to the feedback of its community and makes changes based on this feedback.
  • The initial learning curve seems high.
  • You can lost in tabs managing documents, training, or groups and users.
  • User management doesn't feel intuitive.
PowerDMS was originally purchased for managing standards compliance with one of our accrediting bodies. For that purpose, it shines. The ability to link documents to relevant standards, upload specific documents or even video to bullet point standards, and manage tasks for each standard are far and away were PowerDMS shines. I was pleasantly surprised to find, after some time playing, that it does a great job with training records and courses. It's helpful for tracking users classes, certifications and expiration dates of certificates.
Read David Verdier's full review
Brenda Gisewite profile photo
July 06, 2018

User Review: "I LOVE my PowerDMS!"

We mainly use PowerDMS for tracking accreditation for law enforcement, communications, and corrections. We also use PowerDMS for issuing policies and tracking employee signatures, as well as agency training. Prior to PowerDMS, we had filing cabinets full of accreditation compliance files. We also had piles of sign-off sheets for employee's signatures after the release or revision to a policy. Those are now all electronically stored and easily assessable in PowerDMS.
  • Stores employee signatures for policy release and revision. No more filing 400+ sheets of paper every time we issue or reissue a policy.
  • Stores accreditation compliance files. We used to have four filing cabinets full of files. Now they are electronic and easily assessable.
  • Allows easy and timely distribution of training materials. Also, easily assessable when needed.
  • It would be greatly helpful if assessment tasks could be assigned to an individual person as opposed to a group who are in the same role.
PowerDMS is a great timesaver when switching from one assessment to another. It saves time on filing paperwork, as well as saves trees.
Read Brenda Gisewite's full review
Tammy Halligan profile photo
July 03, 2018

User Review: "PowerDMS"

We use PowerDMS to house policies and procedures, manuals, and important documents, as well as to provide training programs. The ability to track where users are located within the organization is a bonus. Seeing when documents were signed for is an invaluable tool for quality assurance.
  • Sign for policies and procedures.
  • Administer distance learning programs and tests.
  • Library manuals and important resources for easy access.
  • It's a little clunky looking.
PowerDMS allows our agency to ensure all policies and procedures are available to our officers 24/7, and that the most current version is the one they see. It has simplified the distribution process and lets us know, through the electronic signature process, that officers are reading updates and new directives.
Read Tammy Halligan's full review
Brittany Brew profile photo
October 10, 2018

User Review: "PowerDMS"

This program is great for distribution of policy and procedure to all employees.
  • Policy Revision
  • Movement within the Agency
  • Assessment of Knowledge
  • User-friendliness
  • Title clarity
  • Glitches when it comes to testing
It is great for dispersing blasts of information to all members of an agency effectively
Read Brittany Brew's full review
Sandra D. Guajardo profile photo
September 07, 2018

Review: "A User's Perspective on PowerDMS. (Not the agency's)"

PowerDMS is used agency-wide for policy, training, and surveys. We also use it for law enforcement and corrections accreditation.
  • Can record acknowledgement of policy and procedures.
  • Submit travel requests electronically.
  • Eliminates the need to build paper files for accreditation purposes.
  • I still do not like the highlighting tool in PowerDMS, especially for accreditation files.
  • Too many steps to take when adding a new user.
  • Would like to be able to amend the posting date of a policy.
I believe it is well suited for all types of business, large and small.
Read Sandra D. Guajardo's full review
Patrick Martin profile photo
July 17, 2018

User Review: "Just a glance at PowerDMS"

We use PowerDMS for policy distribution, testing, and training.
  • I find it easy to navigate
  • If you ever get in a jam, they offer both live support or video tutorials.
  • I have yet to run across a con.
It serves as an excellent tool in tracking policy acknowledgment and testing.
Read Patrick Martin's full review
September 28, 2018

PowerDMS Review: "Great Product, Great Price, Great Support"

This is being used by our entire company, we are a continuing care retirement community and needed access for almost 500 users.This helps with the constant policy updates that are needed in healthcare, the annual requirements regarding annual training, and how to keep communication flowing easier than through email. This system is a huge boost for the healthcare industry
  • Automatic reminders for annual policy review- now you do not have to think about when something was reviewed or updated last
  • Easy testing and course modules- you can now make it easier to get your competencies done
  • Contract review- you can set auto reminders to ensure your contracts are reviewed annually
  • In order to edit a policy, you have to create a workflow twice, it should just be done once
PowerDMS is well suited for anyone who has multiple polices, contracts, required trainings, or important documents that need reviewed, updated, or completed. This has changed healthcare for the better and is making it easier to complete tasks with limited budgets and large workloads.
July 27, 2018

User Review: "PowerDMS and Law Enforcement"

We use it to manage documents, policies, and also track and conduct online department trainings.
  • Training management / assignment.
  • Policy and document management.
  • Audit trails and documentation.
  • Expansion of training functions
Police departments benefit greatly from the use of PowerDMS. Especially the mobile app feature for those on the road without mobile computers.
Michael Marden profile photo
May 18, 2018

PowerDMS Review: "Love Power DMS"

Currently, PowerDMS is used as a document management system that houses all of our policies and general orders. The entire organization uses the system from the top down and it has been very useful in keeping all employees on the same page. Every employee not only has access to the desktop version of PDMS but they also use the mobile app for many reasons. The mobile app allows supervisors to search certain General Orders in the field to ensure adherence and quality of service to our community.
  • PDMS is extremely user-friendly from both the administrator aspect and the user.
  • The workflow process is awesome and easy to set up.
  • PDMS's support team is barred none. We've never had issues with reaching out to find a simple solution to our challenges.
  • I would love to see the interface with other RMS so that certain jobs wouldn't be so redundant for HR.
  • I don't have any other issues
  • I don't have any other issues.
PDMS keep every aspect of our policies intact and easy to access. We have had questions in the field on everything to uniform and appearance to pursuit policies and we're able to research and provide an educated answer right there using the mobile app. Keeping all historical data of previous policies have come in very useful when the media wants to know what changed.
Read Michael Marden's full review
Deanna Willmon profile photo
May 15, 2018

User Review: "The Super Powers of PowerDMS"

Our Student Wellness division has several departments, including a health center, counseling center, wellness promotion, disability resource center, and a diversity/women's center. We utilize PowerDMS to house policies and procedures to help ensure cross-departmental viewing, conformity of processes, and ensuring there is scheduled review of documents for accuracy. We also utilize PowerDMS for training courses and have implemented a consolidated and standardized onboarding "course" for new hires, for a few of the more closely related departments that are housed in the same building, that includes emergency protocols, HIPAA training, and infection control prevention & safety training. We hope to utilize the assessments feature for our accreditation (AAAHC-Association of Association of Ambulatory Health Care) in the near future.
  • PowerDMS has a very simple method of organizing documents in folders and for granting appropriate access to groups or individuals, as needed.
  • The user interface is very straightforward and easy to explain to new users.
  • The administration of users, folders, and other elements is very simple to navigate.
  • The Workflow process in PowerDMS is not as easy to grasp as some of the other concepts and requires a little more explaination, especially for non-administrative background users.
  • Users are unable to view the steps in a Workflow template in order to determine which Workflow would work best for their needs when routing documents.
  • It would be great to have multiple message options for past due inbox notifications in addition to the options for past due tasks to encourage users to go to their inbox to review their messages.
PowerDMS is suited for organizations that need a consolidated place for documents and training that provides the ability to easily track usage, task completion, and revisions. The ability to distribute documents to staff for signature and have that documented is a huge time-saver. For example, policies and procedures that should be periodically reviewed and/or signed off on can be maintained, revised, and distributed to staff all from withing PowerDMS. PowerDMS may be less suitable for smaller organizations, 15 people or less, where tracking can be done manually and the cost of the product may not support the benefits gained.
Read Deanna Willmon's full review
Christina Austin (Hauri), CP profile photo
May 18, 2018

PowerDMS Review: "Awesome product"

We use PowerDMS to manage our accreditation process as well and organize and disseminate documents and information to the police department.
  • They provide exceptional customer service and support
  • They continually strive to listen to their users' wants, needs and concerns
  • The product is always evolving and improving, often based on customer requests and suggestions
  • I would love to see more dynamic forms available
  • The training and class modules can be a little cumbersome to manage
It is a great tool for accreditation management. It is also excellent for any organization looking to organize and disseminate information in a cloud-based format.
Read Christina Austin (Hauri), CP's full review
Marie Phillips-Alexander profile photo
May 11, 2018

User Review: "Power to PowerDMS"

It is used for our entire CALEA accreditation process. It also provides online access to the department general orders and tracks receipt of revisions. We also use it for online training and completion documentation.
  • Easy to upload, publish, distribute, and keep records of signatures for general orders and revisions.
  • Training documents and videos can be uploaded and distributed with required signatures recorded.
  • Tests can be created and linked to documents or videos for required training.
  • Records of required training and general order reviews are easy to print for accreditation proofs.
  • Highlighting documents in the assessment module would be better if it worked like a regular highlighter - similar to in word.
  • It's difficult to scoll from page to page in "tasks" or other standard functions as you have to scroll from the bottom of one page to the top of another every time when moving from page to page.
  • It would be nice to be able to print comments and remarks in assessments.
Well suited for document management of policy and procedure manuals, proof of compliance with signature tracking, etc. Cannot think of any where it would be less appropriate at present.
Read Marie Phillips-Alexander's full review
Emily Davies profile photo
January 12, 2018

PowerDMS Review: "Great product, but it can always improve!"

PowerDMS is being used as our primary document management system. Within PowerDMS we are housing all training documentation, orders, past shift schedules, and anything and everything to do with our department policies. PowerDMS has helped us to address major document management and retention issues within the department and it has helped our Training Unit become more effective in our daily work. We are now able to pull records within seconds instead of needing hours at a time to review paper files. It has helped us streamline the training process by allowing us to offer courses online that once had to be reviewed in a classroom setting. Instead of being out of compliance we are now fully in compliance and that in itself makes the product worth every penny. This has also helped us to address other document management needs within the department. All of our files are kept in one place and it's helped us keep things much more organized.
  • PowerDMS makes collaborative policy writing easy. It allows you to have multiple sign-off options which help to ensure that users agree before a policy is fully approved. The notes section allows for changes to be suggested without multiple people accessing the document at a given time.
  • Training and Documentation Storage is wonderful inside PowerDMS. The folders feature allows you to sort material and different types of documentation as if you had a copyright in front of you. The different file type uploading option for documents makes it so we can also store videos.
  • Accreditation assessments are a breeze with PowerDMS. I love all of the features of the assessment. I am able to schedule task reminders to pop up for standards that are coming due. You can choose a file that you've already uploaded on PowerDMS as a proof and this feature is also very nice.
  • PowerDMS does not allow you the ability to reassign a document or policy to an individual without republishing an already signed off document. This makes remedial training very hard and cumbersome because everytime one individual needs to review a policy we have to republish it for the entire department.
  • Users cannot receive individual notifications for documents or policies. This is a big issue when it comes to our Personnel Orders which are stored within PowerDMS because people only receive a group notification. If the developers would create this it would make the product much more user-friendly.
  • As of right now, PowerDMS is a very functional, but basic software. The lack of customization, outside of website photos and material, is very problematic for end users. If users had a place to store and manage their own records it would be very helpful. As of right now, our training team is storing them under each user's file tab, but the users themselves do not have access. When we are in a situation where we need a person's entire file it makes it difficult to have to go through and print every certificate individually.
PowerDMS is a very good document management system. It is well suited for a company or organization looking to store departmental material such as training records or personnel records. It is not suitable to be used as a training tool for FTO's. There is no ability to customize the website to include add-ons such as FTO Training Software, social media add-ons, etc. If it was possible to add other elements to our page it would make the product even better.
Read Emily Davies's full review
Erin Carden profile photo
January 12, 2018

PowerDMS Review: "I've got the power!"

PowerDMS is used by our entire organization to manage policy and forms, provide online training, and manage accreditation assessments. It allows us to have the most up to date documents available to all personnel, accessible on the cloud from anywhere. It significantly reduces the work involved in managing our law enforcement accreditation project.
  • The company is very open to user feedback to make their product work better for those who use it. Through usability sessions, the company seeks customer feedback and actually implements our suggestions.
  • The software is very user friendly and intuitive to use
  • The search feature has been improved significantly in the past year and makes finding what you're looking for very easy.
  • I'd like to see enhancements in the training module. Particularly, the test feature could allow for a larger variety of types of questions.
  • The expansion of the menus/tabs when you pass the mouse over them without clicking can be cumbersome. I often move the mouse over something and do not want the search bar, etc expanding.
I recommend PowerDMS for accreditation management and document management. I could see it being used in many varied scenarios, especially any type of accreditation and HR functions. If you like streamlined processes, I highly recommend this product! It makes it easy to track revisions to policy and forms and user policy acknowledgments. The reporting feature is top notch, and I can customize reports to suit my needs easily. The support staff is outstanding as well, and any issues or questions are addressed thoroughly and quickly.
Read Erin Carden's full review
Kim Grogan profile photo
February 27, 2018

Review: "Love PowerDMS and I am in the real estate industry."

PowerDMS is being used by our entire organization for policies and procedures. It allows us to publish policies and have employees sign the policy. We also use PowerDMS for storing our property inspections and permits. We can set expiration dates and alerts so our managers can reduce fines or late fees for expired inspections.
  • The onboard training and support is excellent. They help set goals for launch time frames and overall goals for the use of the software within the company and tailor to ones needs.
  • PowerDMS offers many training opportunities along with webinars and meetings to continue educating administers.
  • I love that they are open to suggestions and strive to make PowerDMS better everyday.
  • Fillable forms would be nice
  • I would like the ability to pick and choose which policies may be printed.
PowerDMS is well suited for storing documents and managing them, along with policies and procedures. The search feature makes finding documents or information very easy. I can't think of one application that couldn't use a data management software like PowerDMS.
Read Kim Grogan's full review
Randy Cripe profile photo
January 30, 2018

User Review: "Why are you not using the PowerDMS?"

All employees are using PowerDMS.
  • Maintaining and tracking policies is easy using PowerDMS.
  • When using the accreditation application, DMS has made it easy to attach policies and supporting documentation that is not currently stored within DMS.
  • DMS is so easy to add users or remove users and the information is never fully deleted just in case the user comes backs to work.
  • Building your dashboard and making it look professional.
  • Training on uploading videos into the training function.
DMS is well suited for agencies who manage accreditations.
Read Randy Cripe's full review
John L. Battersby profile photo
January 18, 2018

User Review: "PowerDMS Rocks!"

My organization seems to have had great success using PowerDMS to push and track policy and online training to the troops. It has been great for documentation of these things for accreditation purposes too! PowerDMS seems to be getting better with age as improvements come; I'm looking forward to seeing how it evolves to help my agency meet its goals!
  • Policy - It's a great way to present policy to the end users and document their reading of policy.
  • Training - It's a very efficient way of presenting "roll call" training to my agency and allows the documentation of the completion of those roll calls.
  • PowerDMS can be a little taxing on some of our older computer systems. Slower, older computers may have an issue loading it.

I think it's perfect for agency policy! It works very well in presenting and documenting the reception of that policy. As far as roll call training is concerned; it would be helpful if it was a little more robust in how it allows us to present roll call training. If it would let us present PowerPoint formatted information with embedded video...

...that would rock!

Read John L. Battersby's full review
Tyler Stewart profile photo
January 16, 2018

PowerDMS Review: "Efficient and User-Friendly"

PowerDMS is being used across the whole organization (with the exception of temporary workers). It does address multiple business problems such as efficiency and convenience. Reviews and approvals are done much quicker now. We no longer have to send out e-mails to associates asking where the paper ECR is. Now we can pinpoint who hasn't reviewed/approved the document by looking at the Approval Workflow.
  • The reports you can run in PowerDMS are very helpful. From figuring out who has trained to the new revision of a document to who still needs to train to that document. It helps you manage your training efficiently.
  • When you publish/release a new revision, PowerDMS automatically archives the old revision for you. Everyone will only be able to see the current revision.
  • PowerDMS is a very user-friendly document control system. It is easy to access and create users, folders, groups, etc. The search bar is clutch.
  • It would be great if PowerDMS could have the "Compare to Current Publication" for users who are training to a procedure. This option is currently only for the review & approve process. It would save a lot of time instead of typing manually in the "Discuss" tab what was changed.
  • When a document is published/released, only the originator of the document is alerted (messaged) that the document has been published. It would be nice to have all our administrators be notified of the release.
  • When a user denies a document (during the review & approve process) and leaves comments, it stops the workflow and only alerts the originator. All other users who haven't review/approved the document are unable to see the comments.
PowerDMS is well suited to be an electronic document control system for any company. It is very efficient, user-friendly and convenient to work with. The amount of time it saves us compared to our old paper document control system is well worth it. This system is well suited to handle not only document control but training as well. I no longer have to create manual training forms for associates, PowerDMS handles this and saves me time. This system helps manage the "slow" reviewers/approvers by pinpointing who still needs to approve a document and how long have we been waiting on this one person.There is a lot more accountability with PowerDMS and it helps us manage our document control system more efficiently.
Read Tyler Stewart's full review

About PowerDMS

PowerDMS is a document management system focused on compliance and industry policy regulations. It is commonly used by Law Enforcement, Healthcare, Fire/EMS, and Corrections organizations.

PowerDMS Features