https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/hy/8H/KPSCXIULUTJU.JPEGPowerDMS: Powerful Document Management Made Simple.PowerDMS is being used for our Accreditation as well as managing documents, and compliance for other standards.,Is frequently updated with new features and bug fixes Has an easy to use UI to navigate Makes Document Management a breeze via search and upload,Had issues with support in the past but not recently We can't migrate an in house program to PowerDMS yet but are confident that the requirements we need will be met in the future,9,We've saved money on paper expenses and also has lessened our impact on the environment for it. We've saved time by not having to constantly print and get items signed and filed. We've saved storage space by having all documents we need digitally.,9,9,9PowerDMS: The only option for document management!The Arizona Association of Chiefs of Police started their state accreditation program in July of 2018. One of my first challenges for a new state accreditation program was how to manage the program. Drawing from my prior experience with PowerDMS as an Accreditation Manager and Assessor for the National and State Accreditation programs in another state, I immediately saw the value that PowerDMS could bring to the process, not only for myself but for our member agencies. PowerDMS is being used by AACOP to manage all phases of the accreditation program, including hosting our standards manual, creating assessments, allowing assessors to audit files off-site and bring added value to Arizona Law Enforcement with the other modules (documents, courses, certificates, tests, etc.). This allows agencies to move away from a paper-driven record keeping system and is a one-stop storage solution for all document retention needs.,Document Storage: PowerDMS store all types of documents in any format and allows the administrator to keep track of who receives the documents. Security: PowerDMS security features ensure that documents do not fall into the wrong hands, which is critical in a law enforcement environment. Courses: PowerDMS allows training officers to create courses to push out to their agency, thus freeing up more time for practical "hands-on" training.,As a program manager, it would be nice to allow me to share more with my Accreditation Managers. Would like an easier way to create courses and certificates. Combine the course and certificate feature so that you do no t need to create a certificate for a PowerDMS course, only outside courses.,10,PowerDMS has had a significantly positive ROI for the Arizona Chiefs and their member agencies. Allowing ALEAP Assessors to audit files off-site prior to the on-site assessment frees the assessors for more time interviewing agency members and the community.,Microsoft Office 2016,10,10,10Easy to use and effectivePowerDMS houses all of our documents and procedures, as well as training courses and quizzes that help us comply with ISO 13485 standards. It solves our problem of document approvals, revision control, record retention and even verifying training effectiveness. Every employee in the building has a PowerDMS login for training purposes and some for document approval purposes. Before, we were keeping our records in filing cabinets and it would take forever to keep up with that system. Now we just type in what we need, or what team member we're searching for and it's all right there.,PowerDMS helps with record retention. I no longer need to worry about where copies of things are in order to be compliant with our policies, because I know everything is safe in PowerDMS. PowerDMS is extremely helpful with training. I've created courses for employees to take, and it automatically scores them and rewards them their certificate with the expiration date, so I don't have to remember all of this myself anymore. PowerDMS is also great for approval workflows. Before I would have to email or manually walk a document over to someone, and then call them to remind them all the time that I need it approved. Now, they get the notification in their email and can get it done ASAP.,Sometimes there are glitches. Sometimes I will create a user and then that user will not show up when I search for them. Adding a user to a course seems time-consuming. I have to click more buttons to get to that point than I'd like. Then, I have to "activate" it for them in order for them to easily access their to-do list. It's a lot.,10,It has helped us implement ISO 13485:2016 standards by allowing us to fill those gaps in PowerDMS instead of coming up with new paper systems. It has made training smoother and faster. I no longer have to wait forever to get training records back to be filed.,,9,10,8PowerDMS for the win!PowerDMS houses all of our policies, forms and training. Before PowerDMS we had policies on 3 different sites, now they are on one easy to search and use site. We would run into problems of policies not be updated in all spots, so now that they are in one location, updating is no longer messy and it removes room for error.,Support desk is fantastic! Organization Listening to requests of customers,Course/certificate can get confusing,10,More staff involvement on policies,A great tool for police!We use PowerDMS for our SOPs, memos, and training. We have gone almost 95% paperless and find it a great financial, environmental and space saver! Our admin staff finds it easy to use and our officers find it easy to navigate when reading new memos or searching for information.,Great web-based training for both staff and admin users. The interface is user-friendly and easy for our officers to use. Tracks when officers read memos and SOPs. Stops the "I didn't read that yet" excuses. Keeps all our old memos and SOPs for retention, saving us a ton of space.,None really.,10,Saves us time getting information out. Saves us paper. Lets us give information and training to officers 24 hours a day. Saves space in filing.,Microsoft Access,9,9,7
PowerDMS

PowerDMS Reviews

PowerDMS
Filter 114 vetted PowerDMS reviews and ratings

Kayne Cushman profile photo
May 14, 2019

Review: "PowerDMS: Powerful Document Management Made Simple."

• Is frequently updated with new features and bug fixes
  • Has an easy to use UI to navigate
  • Makes Document Management a breeze via search and upload
  • Had issues with support in the past but not recently
  • We can't migrate an in house program to PowerDMS yet but are confident that the requirements we need will be met in the future
PowerDMS has many great uses. One use we use frequently is the test taking feature. It's nice to use that to maintain training and accreditation. The ability to search documents, and in documents, if very powerful, and is often used when looking for specific SOPS and information. Signing documents with timestamps is great as well.
Read Kayne Cushman's full review
Kevin Rhea profile photo
May 02, 2019

Review: "PowerDMS: The only option for document management!"

• Document Storage: PowerDMS store all types of documents in any format and allows the administrator to keep track of who receives the documents.
  • Security: PowerDMS security features ensure that documents do not fall into the wrong hands, which is critical in a law enforcement environment.
  • Courses: PowerDMS allows training officers to create courses to push out to their agency, thus freeing up more time for practical "hands-on" training.
  • As a program manager, it would be nice to allow me to share more with my Accreditation Managers.
  • Would like an easier way to create courses and certificates.
  • Combine the course and certificate feature so that you do no t need to create a certificate for a PowerDMS course, only outside courses.
PowerDMS is well suited for any size agency to manage not only all of their policies but all written documentation as well.
Read Kevin Rhea's full review
Lydia Scott profile photo
February 16, 2019

PowerDMS Review: "Easy to use and effective"

• PowerDMS helps with record retention. I no longer need to worry about where copies of things are in order to be compliant with our policies, because I know everything is safe in PowerDMS.
  • PowerDMS is extremely helpful with training. I've created courses for employees to take, and it automatically scores them and rewards them their certificate with the expiration date, so I don't have to remember all of this myself anymore.
  • PowerDMS is also great for approval workflows. Before I would have to email or manually walk a document over to someone, and then call them to remind them all the time that I need it approved. Now, they get the notification in their email and can get it done ASAP.
  • Sometimes there are glitches. Sometimes I will create a user and then that user will not show up when I search for them.
  • Adding a user to a course seems time-consuming. I have to click more buttons to get to that point than I'd like. Then, I have to "activate" it for them in order for them to easily access their to-do list. It's a lot.
I think PowerDMS is great any time there are a lot of documents and procedures to be kept track of or if there are courses/trainings that need to be completed. You can alter pretty much anything to fit the PowerDMS structure, and it is very helpful. I'd say if there aren't a lot of documents or maybe it's a really small company, it wouldn't be as necessary.
Read Lydia Scott's full review
Bethany Elliott-Thul profile photo
November 29, 2018

User Review: "PowerDMS for the win!"

• Support desk is fantastic!
  • Organization
  • Listening to requests of customers
  • Course/certificate can get confusing
I would recommend PowerDMS for any company or group that is looking to organize things. Or if you have staff that need to be more involved, the workflow function is perfect!
Read Bethany Elliott-Thul's full review
Sean Gutsick profile photo
February 15, 2019

PowerDMS Review: "A great tool for police!"

• Great web-based training for both staff and admin users.
  • The interface is user-friendly and easy for our officers to use.
  • Tracks when officers read memos and SOPs. Stops the "I didn't read that yet" excuses.
  • Keeps all our old memos and SOPs for retention, saving us a ton of space.
  • None really.
We had mandatory training from the State of NJ. All we got from them was a DVD. We uploaded the training video and tracked the training. When the state asked, almost a year later, for the training and who did it, we were able to find it. It would have been a lot of work under our old filing system. Now as new officers start, we can give them this training video and track it easily.
Read Sean Gutsick's full review
March 28, 2019

Review: "PowerDMS is working for us - very happy with our decision to purchase"

We use PowerDMS throughout our entire agency. We use it for all of our policies and procedures, as well as for sharing information (memos, directives, bulletins, etc) with all of our members. We also use it for record keeping of our training records. And, we use it for accreditation in our agency.
  • Accountability - disseminate information and account for everyone that has received it.
  • Training - tracking all of our training, certificates, and related information.
  • Organization - groups, assignments, and folders keep all of our documents organized and easy to search for.
  • Mobile - mobile app allows for quick and easy access to all of our documents in a mobile environment.
  • Needs a little more flexibility in accounting for varying training time.
  • Needs the ability to store multiple pages (documents) in the certificates.
We use PowerDMS on almost a daily basis to disseminate information. It is extremely easy and efficient to upload documents, push those documents out to selected groups of employees (or all employees), and then track those documents to make sure everyone has received them. We can then follow up with those employees who have not received the information timely.
February 01, 2019

PowerDMS Review: "Great Program!"

PowerDMS is being used in multiple departments; we use it to track contracts expiration and renewal dates, share information between departments, and staff onboarding and continued training.
  • User friendly. Very easy to navigate, and because it already has so many users it is very easy to search and find the answer from another user on how to do certain functions.
  • Always improving. New updated features are always being added.
  • Useful in many aspects of work.
  • There should be more options on how to run reports. Maybe needs more specific search fields. You can run reports based off of keywords found in documents and such, but it would be nice to be able to run a quick report based off of the workflows started. Also, it would be helpful to run the report to see which workflows are active or non-active, and how much each work flow is used and how effective it is.
Not okay for storing PHI, as the company is not willing to sign a BAA which is necessary in case of a hack.
Ed Goodman profile photo
November 12, 2018

User Review: "PowerDMS in Law Enforcement"

PowerDMS provides the user with a 'one-stop' database for all agency-related documents, training, surveys, and accreditation-related processes

PowerDMS is used by the agency for both accreditation purposes, assessment management, and as a document resource center. All policies and procedures are created in PowerDMS which provides a real-time tracking of the approval related activities. Once the document is approved, we track user review and signature for the document. Additionally, we use PowerDMS to provide remote web-based training to staff by incorporating video, PowerPoint presentations, policies, and other documents. The Training module is used to track all training requests, courses, and certificates.
  • PowerDMS provides management with a real-time tracking of policy reviews, approvals, and signatures. This is a great benefit for risk management.
  • PowerDMS allows users to incorporate remote, web-based training in a variety of formats including, but not limited to, video, PowerPoint, miscellaneous documents, interactive activities, and tests.
  • PowerDMS provides a very robust search engine that is very user-friendly.
  • PowerDMS has a mobile application that is available, however, at this time functionality is limited. That being said, the developers are very active in communicating with their customers and are constantly looking to improve all of their services.
PowerDMS is an excellent tool to be used in a law enforcement setting. Being able to run reports on policies and procedures gives management the ability to verify that these documents have been reviewed, received and understood by staff. It also provides a central repository for all critical documents including policies, procedures, training courses and certificates, accreditation related materials, maps, and countless other activities.
Read Ed Goodman's full review
Ethan Dunn profile photo
August 23, 2018

PowerDMS Review: "Worth it!"

Our agency utilizes the full package of PowerDMS! From documents and policy management, to training and accreditation. Every employee uses the program! It cuts down on the paper filing of training records like in the past.
  • Training management
  • Document management
  • Creation of certificates within the software.
  • Most of my complaints or suggestions are regarding the iPhone app. I wish there were more administrative functions on the app, such as approving workflows from training requests or document approvals, along with managing user profiles such as password resets.
Very worthwhile for policy and procedure management. The ability to revise and republish a document instantly to everyone is fantastic! And the ability to schedule a review based on a particular time frame or date is absolutely awesome, and I'm ashamed we never realized this function prior to this year.
Read Ethan Dunn's full review
Emily Gower profile photo
July 05, 2018

PowerDMS Review: "Great Product!"

PowerDMS is the document management system we utilize to house all of our Standard Operating Procedures, Policies, Training, Certifications, etc. The ability to edit documents in PowerDMS streamlines the process for housing documentation, as well as provides the ability to compare previous versions to currently updated copies. The ability to create a workflow, and allow permissions for certain users for various documents makes this software particularly unique and beneficial to the organization. PowerDMS is a fantastic software tool and I would recommend it to anyone.
  • I particularly like the function of being able to hyperlink documents within PowerDMS. For example, I can create a checklist for credentials and hyperlink the certificate or license to the checklist.
  • Our organization uses PowerDMS tagging to create "buckets" for various departments. The organization uses a list of about 20 tags and this makes finding documents very easy.
  • The ability to customize workflow is a crucial feature our organization uses in PowerDMS. I can set-up a workflow so that all users in the first stage must approve before going to the next stage, or allow everyone to view for approval at the same time. I also like that you can set an expiration date which makes it much less to keep up with when a policy or procedure needs to be reviewed. Whether that is annual, biannually, etc.
  • I think for those administrators who use PowerDMS often, it has to be very intuitive. However, I find that users who do not regularly use the system do not always utilize some of the efficient functionalities.
PowerDMS is well suited for mid to large organizations, especially those that may be geographically spread out. As a document management system, it not only operates as a cloud for housing information, but it streamlines processes for creating, updating, and sending documentation. It creates an archive of previous versions of documents and allows organizations to track training and certificates. Additionally, I find it particularly helpful that each document created has its own unique hyperlink which can be used for linking documents within the system.
Read Emily Gower's full review
Julio Gomez Ramirez profile photo
September 07, 2018

PowerDMS Review: "Useful and practical"

The software helps to organize and efficiently disseminate documents, policies, memos, training, and surveys to our employees. Being able to run reports and track who has done what has been a great help. We save a significant amount of time building our accreditation files in the program as compared to building them in hard copy.

• The ease of use makes this a highly powerful tool that is only limited by your creativity in how to use it.
  • I love that the staff take you through every step of the way, and not just sell it to you and dump it on you.
  • Ease of use, efficiency, cloud based, good customer service, a lot of flexibility for personal style.
  • Some of the features should be quicker to come. While I work for a rather small municipality, I've seen some items that would make PDMS much more efficient (from my perspective) and I would like to see them implemented.
  • I have nothing that I could say I dislike.
  • Really, the only thing I don't like is, I wish it was smarter, and you just need to confirm your up loads, and not highlight everything.

We have reduced the need for off shift meetings, reduced overtime, and created a better documentation trail for our policy program.

Read Julio Gomez Ramirez's full review
Stuart Marrs profile photo
August 28, 2018

Review: "I have the Power! PowerDMS is the Thundercat's meow."

PowerDMS is used by the College Station Fire Department to organize and publish our policies and protocols. It is used across the entire organization, though more heavily at the chief officers' level. PowerDMS addresses our need to communicate policy changes and receive feedback from our members. Many of our 160+ users use the app to have access to documents on-the-go.
  • PowerDMS uses a forum to address common technical questions. If I have a question, I can easily find someone who has already asked that question and a detailed answer.
  • PowerDMS makes uploading and organizing documents easy. It's drag and drop.
  • PowerDMS is customizable and has some automatic report and notification features that I use to drive my fire chief crazy.
  • I'd like to see PowerDMS fix the bug that changes the capital letters in my file names to first capital only. Every time I upload CPR or EMS, it changes to Cpr and Ems.
PowerDMS is well suited for an organization that is spread out by time and distance. We have 6 stations and three shifts, but PowerDMS keeps us on the same page. In the past, we had documents and forms in numerous locations, this program allowed us to consolidate and tidy-up our storage.
Read Stuart Marrs's full review
Christine Crocker profile photo
August 13, 2018

User Review: "Why you should consider PowerDMS"

My organization utilized PowerDMS to manage assessment for our member agencies. The ability to conduct these assessments remotley saves time and money.
  • First and foremost their customer service is exceptional. Always very helpful and responsive.
  • They provide great training on the use of the various components of their software.
  • They are responsive to their customers needs.
  • It would be great if we could print a complete standards manual rather than printing each standard separately.
PowerDMS is an excellent program for me to manage my clients. I can send out policies, reports, etc., to everyone simultaneously or individually as necessary.
Read Christine Crocker's full review
Tracy Heusinkveld profile photo
August 09, 2018

User Review: "Feeling Strong with PowerDMS"

PowerDMS is being used by the Police, Fire and Communications departments in the City that I work for. We use it for policy and procedure, training, law updates, certifications, annual required training and accreditation.
  • It organizes our policy and procedure in an easy to follow format. It makes it extremely easy to see which employees have or have not signed off on certain policies.
  • It allows our agency to electronically upload proofs of compliance as a part of our Accreditation process instead of using paper copies for proofs.
  • It allows our agency to maintain files on mandatory training that needs to be completed annually or semi-annually along with reports to show who or who has not yet completed the training.
  • It sometimes appears as though the twenty minute inactivity timer sometimes runs a little short. If there was a way to temporarily adjust it on a user by user basis, that would be helpful instead of having to sign in all the time.
  • I would like to be able to do an attachment search by title for our Accreditation Proofs without needing Administrator rights.
  • Create some additional, more involved, PowerDMS Bootcamp modules that are for those who have completed the first four and are looking for some advanced training.

If I need to find a policy, I can locate it quickly from the search bar.

A scenario where it is not appropriate would be if an administrator gave the wrong type of rights to an employee and he or she abused that right.

Read Tracy Heusinkveld's full review
David Verdier profile photo
July 06, 2018

PowerDMS Review: "Powerful software, great support, engaged user community!"

PowerDMS is utilized by our Police Department for policy and accreditation management. We also keep training records and department forms on the site as a "one-stop-shop" for officers to find resources. It has been an incredibly useful tool for managing accreditation assessments and making policy editing and approval much easier. Our officers like having access to a searchable database of our policies and department forms. Access feels much more open and easy to navigate.
  • Document management is as fully featured as imaginable.
  • Standards and accreditation compliance management is simple and powerful.
  • There is great training and on-boarding for customers. Personalized and one-on-one training were made available to our team.
  • PowerDMS has a large, engaged community of experienced users who help new users and provide feedback to the company.
  • PowerDMS is responsive to the feedback of its community and makes changes based on this feedback.
  • The initial learning curve seems high.
  • You can lost in tabs managing documents, training, or groups and users.
  • User management doesn't feel intuitive.
PowerDMS was originally purchased for managing standards compliance with one of our accrediting bodies. For that purpose, it shines. The ability to link documents to relevant standards, upload specific documents or even video to bullet point standards, and manage tasks for each standard are far and away were PowerDMS shines. I was pleasantly surprised to find, after some time playing, that it does a great job with training records and courses. It's helpful for tracking users classes, certifications and expiration dates of certificates.
Read David Verdier's full review
Brenda Gisewite profile photo
July 06, 2018

User Review: "I LOVE my PowerDMS!"

We mainly use PowerDMS for tracking accreditation for law enforcement, communications, and corrections. We also use PowerDMS for issuing policies and tracking employee signatures, as well as agency training. Prior to PowerDMS, we had filing cabinets full of accreditation compliance files. We also had piles of sign-off sheets for employee's signatures after the release or revision to a policy. Those are now all electronically stored and easily assessable in PowerDMS.
  • Stores employee signatures for policy release and revision. No more filing 400+ sheets of paper every time we issue or reissue a policy.
  • Stores accreditation compliance files. We used to have four filing cabinets full of files. Now they are electronic and easily assessable.
  • Allows easy and timely distribution of training materials. Also, easily assessable when needed.
  • It would be greatly helpful if assessment tasks could be assigned to an individual person as opposed to a group who are in the same role.
PowerDMS is a great timesaver when switching from one assessment to another. It saves time on filing paperwork, as well as saves trees.
Read Brenda Gisewite's full review
Tammy Halligan profile photo
July 03, 2018

User Review: "PowerDMS"

We use PowerDMS to house policies and procedures, manuals, and important documents, as well as to provide training programs. The ability to track where users are located within the organization is a bonus. Seeing when documents were signed for is an invaluable tool for quality assurance.
  • Sign for policies and procedures.
  • Administer distance learning programs and tests.
  • Library manuals and important resources for easy access.
  • It's a little clunky looking.
PowerDMS allows our agency to ensure all policies and procedures are available to our officers 24/7, and that the most current version is the one they see. It has simplified the distribution process and lets us know, through the electronic signature process, that officers are reading updates and new directives.
Read Tammy Halligan's full review
Brittany Brew profile photo
October 10, 2018

User Review: "PowerDMS"

This program is great for distribution of policy and procedure to all employees.
  • Policy Revision
  • Movement within the Agency
  • Assessment of Knowledge
  • User-friendliness
  • Title clarity
  • Glitches when it comes to testing
It is great for dispersing blasts of information to all members of an agency effectively
Read Brittany Brew's full review
Sandra D. Guajardo profile photo
September 07, 2018

Review: "A User's Perspective on PowerDMS. (Not the agency's)"

PowerDMS is used agency-wide for policy, training, and surveys. We also use it for law enforcement and corrections accreditation.
  • Can record acknowledgement of policy and procedures.
  • Submit travel requests electronically.
  • Eliminates the need to build paper files for accreditation purposes.
  • I still do not like the highlighting tool in PowerDMS, especially for accreditation files.
  • Too many steps to take when adding a new user.
  • Would like to be able to amend the posting date of a policy.
I believe it is well suited for all types of business, large and small.
Read Sandra D. Guajardo's full review
Patrick Martin profile photo
July 17, 2018

User Review: "Just a glance at PowerDMS"

We use PowerDMS for policy distribution, testing, and training.
  • I find it easy to navigate
  • If you ever get in a jam, they offer both live support or video tutorials.
  • I have yet to run across a con.
It serves as an excellent tool in tracking policy acknowledgment and testing.
Read Patrick Martin's full review
September 28, 2018

PowerDMS Review: "Great Product, Great Price, Great Support"

This is being used by our entire company, we are a continuing care retirement community and needed access for almost 500 users.This helps with the constant policy updates that are needed in healthcare, the annual requirements regarding annual training, and how to keep communication flowing easier than through email. This system is a huge boost for the healthcare industry
  • Automatic reminders for annual policy review- now you do not have to think about when something was reviewed or updated last
  • Easy testing and course modules- you can now make it easier to get your competencies done
  • Contract review- you can set auto reminders to ensure your contracts are reviewed annually
  • In order to edit a policy, you have to create a workflow twice, it should just be done once
PowerDMS is well suited for anyone who has multiple polices, contracts, required trainings, or important documents that need reviewed, updated, or completed. This has changed healthcare for the better and is making it easier to complete tasks with limited budgets and large workloads.
July 27, 2018

User Review: "PowerDMS and Law Enforcement"

We use it to manage documents, policies, and also track and conduct online department trainings.
  • Training management / assignment.
  • Policy and document management.
  • Audit trails and documentation.
  • Expansion of training functions
Police departments benefit greatly from the use of PowerDMS. Especially the mobile app feature for those on the road without mobile computers.
Michael Marden profile photo
May 18, 2018

PowerDMS Review: "Love Power DMS"

Currently, PowerDMS is used as a document management system that houses all of our policies and general orders. The entire organization uses the system from the top down and it has been very useful in keeping all employees on the same page. Every employee not only has access to the desktop version of PDMS but they also use the mobile app for many reasons. The mobile app allows supervisors to search certain General Orders in the field to ensure adherence and quality of service to our community.
  • PDMS is extremely user-friendly from both the administrator aspect and the user.
  • The workflow process is awesome and easy to set up.
  • PDMS's support team is barred none. We've never had issues with reaching out to find a simple solution to our challenges.
  • I would love to see the interface with other RMS so that certain jobs wouldn't be so redundant for HR.
  • I don't have any other issues
  • I don't have any other issues.
PDMS keep every aspect of our policies intact and easy to access. We have had questions in the field on everything to uniform and appearance to pursuit policies and we're able to research and provide an educated answer right there using the mobile app. Keeping all historical data of previous policies have come in very useful when the media wants to know what changed.
Read Michael Marden's full review
Deanna Willmon profile photo
May 15, 2018

User Review: "The Super Powers of PowerDMS"

Our Student Wellness division has several departments, including a health center, counseling center, wellness promotion, disability resource center, and a diversity/women's center. We utilize PowerDMS to house policies and procedures to help ensure cross-departmental viewing, conformity of processes, and ensuring there is scheduled review of documents for accuracy. We also utilize PowerDMS for training courses and have implemented a consolidated and standardized onboarding "course" for new hires, for a few of the more closely related departments that are housed in the same building, that includes emergency protocols, HIPAA training, and infection control prevention & safety training. We hope to utilize the assessments feature for our accreditation (AAAHC-Association of Association of Ambulatory Health Care) in the near future.
  • PowerDMS has a very simple method of organizing documents in folders and for granting appropriate access to groups or individuals, as needed.
  • The user interface is very straightforward and easy to explain to new users.
  • The administration of users, folders, and other elements is very simple to navigate.
  • The Workflow process in PowerDMS is not as easy to grasp as some of the other concepts and requires a little more explaination, especially for non-administrative background users.
  • Users are unable to view the steps in a Workflow template in order to determine which Workflow would work best for their needs when routing documents.
  • It would be great to have multiple message options for past due inbox notifications in addition to the options for past due tasks to encourage users to go to their inbox to review their messages.
PowerDMS is suited for organizations that need a consolidated place for documents and training that provides the ability to easily track usage, task completion, and revisions. The ability to distribute documents to staff for signature and have that documented is a huge time-saver. For example, policies and procedures that should be periodically reviewed and/or signed off on can be maintained, revised, and distributed to staff all from withing PowerDMS. PowerDMS may be less suitable for smaller organizations, 15 people or less, where tracking can be done manually and the cost of the product may not support the benefits gained.
Read Deanna Willmon's full review
Christina Austin (Hauri), CP profile photo
May 18, 2018

PowerDMS Review: "Awesome product"

We use PowerDMS to manage our accreditation process as well and organize and disseminate documents and information to the police department.
  • They provide exceptional customer service and support
  • They continually strive to listen to their users' wants, needs and concerns
  • The product is always evolving and improving, often based on customer requests and suggestions
  • I would love to see more dynamic forms available
  • The training and class modules can be a little cumbersome to manage
It is a great tool for accreditation management. It is also excellent for any organization looking to organize and disseminate information in a cloud-based format.
Read Christina Austin (Hauri), CP's full review

About PowerDMS

PowerDMS is a document management system focused on compliance and industry policy regulations. It is commonly used by Law Enforcement, Healthcare, Fire/EMS, and Corrections organizations.

PowerDMS Features