PowerDMS is used by the agency for both accreditation purposes, assessment management, and as a document resource center. All policies and procedures are created in PowerDMS which provides a real-time tracking of the approval related activities. Once the document is approved, we track user review and signature for the document. Additionally, we use PowerDMS to provide remote web-based training to staff by incorporating video, PowerPoint presentations, policies, and other documents. The Training module is used to track all training requests, courses, and certificates.
- PowerDMS provides management with a real-time tracking of policy reviews, approvals, and signatures. This is a great benefit for risk management.
- PowerDMS allows users to incorporate remote, web-based training in a variety of formats including, but not limited to, video, PowerPoint, miscellaneous documents, interactive activities, and tests.
- PowerDMS provides a very robust search engine that is very user-friendly.
- PowerDMS has a mobile application that is available, however, at this time functionality is limited. That being said, the developers are very active in communicating with their customers and are constantly looking to improve all of their services.
- Training management
- Document management
- Creation of certificates within the software.
- Most of my complaints or suggestions are regarding the iPhone app. I wish there were more administrative functions on the app, such as approving workflows from training requests or document approvals, along with managing user profiles such as password resets.
- I particularly like the function of being able to hyperlink documents within PowerDMS. For example, I can create a checklist for credentials and hyperlink the certificate or license to the checklist.
- Our organization uses PowerDMS tagging to create "buckets" for various departments. The organization uses a list of about 20 tags and this makes finding documents very easy.
- The ability to customize workflow is a crucial feature our organization uses in PowerDMS. I can set-up a workflow so that all users in the first stage must approve before going to the next stage, or allow everyone to view for approval at the same time. I also like that you can set an expiration date which makes it much less to keep up with when a policy or procedure needs to be reviewed. Whether that is annual, biannually, etc.
- I think for those administrators who use PowerDMS often, it has to be very intuitive. However, I find that users who do not regularly use the system do not always utilize some of the efficient functionalities.
The software helps to organize and efficiently disseminate documents, policies, memos, training, and surveys to our employees. Being able to run reports and track who has done what has been a great help. We save a significant amount of time building our accreditation files in the program as compared to building them in hard copy.
- The ease of use makes this a highly powerful tool that is only limited by your creativity in how to use it.
- I love that the staff take you through every step of the way, and not just sell it to you and dump it on you.
- Ease of use, efficiency, cloud based, good customer service, a lot of flexibility for personal style.
- Some of the features should be quicker to come. While I work for a rather small municipality, I've seen some items that would make PDMS much more efficient (from my perspective) and I would like to see them implemented.
- I have nothing that I could say I dislike.
- Really, the only thing I don't like is, I wish it was smarter, and you just need to confirm your up loads, and not highlight everything.
We have reduced the need for off shift meetings, reduced overtime, and created a better documentation trail for our policy program.
- PowerDMS uses a forum to address common technical questions. If I have a question, I can easily find someone who has already asked that question and a detailed answer.
- PowerDMS makes uploading and organizing documents easy. It's drag and drop.
- PowerDMS is customizable and has some automatic report and notification features that I use to drive my fire chief crazy.
- I'd like to see PowerDMS fix the bug that changes the capital letters in my file names to first capital only. Every time I upload CPR or EMS, it changes to Cpr and Ems.
- First and foremost their customer service is exceptional. Always very helpful and responsive.
- They provide great training on the use of the various components of their software.
- They are responsive to their customers needs.
- It would be great if we could print a complete standards manual rather than printing each standard separately.
- It organizes our policy and procedure in an easy to follow format. It makes it extremely easy to see which employees have or have not signed off on certain policies.
- It allows our agency to electronically upload proofs of compliance as a part of our Accreditation process instead of using paper copies for proofs.
- It allows our agency to maintain files on mandatory training that needs to be completed annually or semi-annually along with reports to show who or who has not yet completed the training.
- It sometimes appears as though the twenty minute inactivity timer sometimes runs a little short. If there was a way to temporarily adjust it on a user by user basis, that would be helpful instead of having to sign in all the time.
- I would like to be able to do an attachment search by title for our Accreditation Proofs without needing Administrator rights.
- Create some additional, more involved, PowerDMS Bootcamp modules that are for those who have completed the first four and are looking for some advanced training.
If I need to find a policy, I can locate it quickly from the search bar.
A scenario where it is not appropriate would be if an administrator gave the wrong type of rights to an employee and he or she abused that right.
- Document management is as fully featured as imaginable.
- Standards and accreditation compliance management is simple and powerful.
- There is great training and on-boarding for customers. Personalized and one-on-one training were made available to our team.
- PowerDMS has a large, engaged community of experienced users who help new users and provide feedback to the company.
- PowerDMS is responsive to the feedback of its community and makes changes based on this feedback.
- The initial learning curve seems high.
- You can lost in tabs managing documents, training, or groups and users.
- User management doesn't feel intuitive.
- Stores employee signatures for policy release and revision. No more filing 400+ sheets of paper every time we issue or reissue a policy.
- Stores accreditation compliance files. We used to have four filing cabinets full of files. Now they are electronic and easily assessable.
- Allows easy and timely distribution of training materials. Also, easily assessable when needed.
- It would be greatly helpful if assessment tasks could be assigned to an individual person as opposed to a group who are in the same role.
- Can record acknowledgement of policy and procedures.
- Submit travel requests electronically.
- Eliminates the need to build paper files for accreditation purposes.
- I still do not like the highlighting tool in PowerDMS, especially for accreditation files.
- Too many steps to take when adding a new user.
- Would like to be able to amend the posting date of a policy.
- Automatic reminders for annual policy review- now you do not have to think about when something was reviewed or updated last
- Easy testing and course modules- you can now make it easier to get your competencies done
- Contract review- you can set auto reminders to ensure your contracts are reviewed annually
- In order to edit a policy, you have to create a workflow twice, it should just be done once
- PDMS is extremely user-friendly from both the administrator aspect and the user.
- The workflow process is awesome and easy to set up.
- PDMS's support team is barred none. We've never had issues with reaching out to find a simple solution to our challenges.
- I would love to see the interface with other RMS so that certain jobs wouldn't be so redundant for HR.
- I don't have any other issues
- I don't have any other issues.
- PowerDMS has a very simple method of organizing documents in folders and for granting appropriate access to groups or individuals, as needed.
- The user interface is very straightforward and easy to explain to new users.
- The administration of users, folders, and other elements is very simple to navigate.
- The Workflow process in PowerDMS is not as easy to grasp as some of the other concepts and requires a little more explaination, especially for non-administrative background users.
- Users are unable to view the steps in a Workflow template in order to determine which Workflow would work best for their needs when routing documents.
- It would be great to have multiple message options for past due inbox notifications in addition to the options for past due tasks to encourage users to go to their inbox to review their messages.
- They provide exceptional customer service and support
- They continually strive to listen to their users' wants, needs and concerns
- The product is always evolving and improving, often based on customer requests and suggestions
- I would love to see more dynamic forms available
- The training and class modules can be a little cumbersome to manage
- Easy to upload, publish, distribute, and keep records of signatures for general orders and revisions.
- Training documents and videos can be uploaded and distributed with required signatures recorded.
- Tests can be created and linked to documents or videos for required training.
- Records of required training and general order reviews are easy to print for accreditation proofs.
- Highlighting documents in the assessment module would be better if it worked like a regular highlighter - similar to in word.
- It's difficult to scoll from page to page in "tasks" or other standard functions as you have to scroll from the bottom of one page to the top of another every time when moving from page to page.
- It would be nice to be able to print comments and remarks in assessments.
- PowerDMS makes collaborative policy writing easy. It allows you to have multiple sign-off options which help to ensure that users agree before a policy is fully approved. The notes section allows for changes to be suggested without multiple people accessing the document at a given time.
- Training and Documentation Storage is wonderful inside PowerDMS. The folders feature allows you to sort material and different types of documentation as if you had a copyright in front of you. The different file type uploading option for documents makes it so we can also store videos.
- Accreditation assessments are a breeze with PowerDMS. I love all of the features of the assessment. I am able to schedule task reminders to pop up for standards that are coming due. You can choose a file that you've already uploaded on PowerDMS as a proof and this feature is also very nice.
- PowerDMS does not allow you the ability to reassign a document or policy to an individual without republishing an already signed off document. This makes remedial training very hard and cumbersome because everytime one individual needs to review a policy we have to republish it for the entire department.
- Users cannot receive individual notifications for documents or policies. This is a big issue when it comes to our Personnel Orders which are stored within PowerDMS because people only receive a group notification. If the developers would create this it would make the product much more user-friendly.
- As of right now, PowerDMS is a very functional, but basic software. The lack of customization, outside of website photos and material, is very problematic for end users. If users had a place to store and manage their own records it would be very helpful. As of right now, our training team is storing them under each user's file tab, but the users themselves do not have access. When we are in a situation where we need a person's entire file it makes it difficult to have to go through and print every certificate individually.
- The company is very open to user feedback to make their product work better for those who use it. Through usability sessions, the company seeks customer feedback and actually implements our suggestions.
- The software is very user friendly and intuitive to use
- The search feature has been improved significantly in the past year and makes finding what you're looking for very easy.
- I'd like to see enhancements in the training module. Particularly, the test feature could allow for a larger variety of types of questions.
- The expansion of the menus/tabs when you pass the mouse over them without clicking can be cumbersome. I often move the mouse over something and do not want the search bar, etc expanding.
- The onboard training and support is excellent. They help set goals for launch time frames and overall goals for the use of the software within the company and tailor to ones needs.
- PowerDMS offers many training opportunities along with webinars and meetings to continue educating administers.
- I love that they are open to suggestions and strive to make PowerDMS better everyday.
- Fillable forms would be nice
- I would like the ability to pick and choose which policies may be printed.
- Maintaining and tracking policies is easy using PowerDMS.
- When using the accreditation application, DMS has made it easy to attach policies and supporting documentation that is not currently stored within DMS.
- DMS is so easy to add users or remove users and the information is never fully deleted just in case the user comes backs to work.
- Building your dashboard and making it look professional.
- Training on uploading videos into the training function.
- Policy - It's a great way to present policy to the end users and document their reading of policy.
- Training - It's a very efficient way of presenting "roll call" training to my agency and allows the documentation of the completion of those roll calls.
- PowerDMS can be a little taxing on some of our older computer systems. Slower, older computers may have an issue loading it.
I think it's perfect for agency policy! It works very well in presenting and documenting the reception of that policy. As far as roll call training is concerned; it would be helpful if it was a little more robust in how it allows us to present roll call training. If it would let us present PowerPoint formatted information with embedded video...
...that would rock!
- The reports you can run in PowerDMS are very helpful. From figuring out who has trained to the new revision of a document to who still needs to train to that document. It helps you manage your training efficiently.
- When you publish/release a new revision, PowerDMS automatically archives the old revision for you. Everyone will only be able to see the current revision.
- PowerDMS is a very user-friendly document control system. It is easy to access and create users, folders, groups, etc. The search bar is clutch.
- It would be great if PowerDMS could have the "Compare to Current Publication" for users who are training to a procedure. This option is currently only for the review & approve process. It would save a lot of time instead of typing manually in the "Discuss" tab what was changed.
- When a document is published/released, only the originator of the document is alerted (messaged) that the document has been published. It would be nice to have all our administrators be notified of the release.
- When a user denies a document (during the review & approve process) and leaves comments, it stops the workflow and only alerts the originator. All other users who haven't review/approved the document are unable to see the comments.
PowerDMS Scorecard Summary
PowerDMS Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
PowerDMS Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS|