Reviews (1-25 of 102)
So much easier to update and make corrections or changes in GO or SOP.
- The ability to have employees sign off on documented procedures or GO. If you just want the information to be available, you do not have to have them sign off.
- Very quick and easy search of all documents. If the word is mentioned in a document, it is in the search.
- The tracking of certificates is great. It keeps up with dates of expiration and notifies the individual.
- We have administered the test to employees, which can be multiple-choice, true/false or written response.
- For our purposes, I think we are able to use to its full extent.
- Storage and maintenance of documents. Being able to create an order that has an audit trail of when it was created, input in the creation of the document, and setting due dates and reminders.
- Training needs/certificates for ongoing courses that need to be done annually or quarterly.
- No cons so far!
- PowerDMS has outstanding customer service. The success community, webinars, training information sheets, and customer service representatives are top of exceptional quality.
- The system is fairly easy to navigate and intuitive. There are not a whole lot of complex codes to do what is needed.
- The ability to update forms and documents while maintaining copies of what was changed is helpful when determining when and what changes have been made in regards to agency accreditation compliance.
- One of the biggest issues associated with using PowerDMS is that its security allows for certain roles. However, it is sometimes confusing to determine which role you are viewing.
- In setting up roles a person has to be set up using multiple roles and know how to navigate from one role to another to view documents and assign tasks.
- The ability to highlight small sections in PDF'S would be nice. The system allows the highlights in HTML to be word by word but in PDF'S you sometimes have to highlight more than you want because of the way the system drags the highlights.
- Document management: paperless organization and distribution method
- Paperless tracking
- Training module is a seamless product to streamline internal training needs
- The Developer and Product Innovators are very open to idea to streamline functionality
- Is frequently updated with new features and bug fixes
- Has an easy to use UI to navigate
- Makes Document Management a breeze via search and upload
- Had issues with support in the past but not recently
- We can't migrate an in house program to PowerDMS yet but are confident that the requirements we need will be met in the future
- Document Storage: PowerDMS store all types of documents in any format and allows the administrator to keep track of who receives the documents.
- Security: PowerDMS security features ensure that documents do not fall into the wrong hands, which is critical in a law enforcement environment.
- Courses: PowerDMS allows training officers to create courses to push out to their agency, thus freeing up more time for practical "hands-on" training.
- As a program manager, it would be nice to allow me to share more with my Accreditation Managers.
- Would like an easier way to create courses and certificates.
- Combine the course and certificate feature so that you do no t need to create a certificate for a PowerDMS course, only outside courses.
- PowerDMS helps with record retention. I no longer need to worry about where copies of things are in order to be compliant with our policies, because I know everything is safe in PowerDMS.
- PowerDMS is extremely helpful with training. I've created courses for employees to take, and it automatically scores them and rewards them their certificate with the expiration date, so I don't have to remember all of this myself anymore.
- PowerDMS is also great for approval workflows. Before I would have to email or manually walk a document over to someone, and then call them to remind them all the time that I need it approved. Now, they get the notification in their email and can get it done ASAP.
- Sometimes there are glitches. Sometimes I will create a user and then that user will not show up when I search for them.
- Adding a user to a course seems time-consuming. I have to click more buttons to get to that point than I'd like. Then, I have to "activate" it for them in order for them to easily access their to-do list. It's a lot.
- Great web-based training for both staff and admin users.
- The interface is user-friendly and easy for our officers to use.
- Tracks when officers read memos and SOPs. Stops the "I didn't read that yet" excuses.
- Keeps all our old memos and SOPs for retention, saving us a ton of space.
- None really.
- Accountability - disseminate information and account for everyone that has received it.
- Training - tracking all of our training, certificates, and related information.
- Organization - groups, assignments, and folders keep all of our documents organized and easy to search for.
- Mobile - mobile app allows for quick and easy access to all of our documents in a mobile environment.
- Needs a little more flexibility in accounting for varying training time.
- Needs the ability to store multiple pages (documents) in the certificates.
- User friendly. Very easy to navigate, and because it already has so many users it is very easy to search and find the answer from another user on how to do certain functions.
- Always improving. New updated features are always being added.
- Useful in many aspects of work.
- There should be more options on how to run reports. Maybe needs more specific search fields. You can run reports based off of keywords found in documents and such, but it would be nice to be able to run a quick report based off of the workflows started. Also, it would be helpful to run the report to see which workflows are active or non-active, and how much each work flow is used and how effective it is.
PowerDMS is used by the agency for both accreditation purposes, assessment management, and as a document resource center. All policies and procedures are created in PowerDMS which provides a real-time tracking of the approval related activities. Once the document is approved, we track user review and signature for the document. Additionally, we use PowerDMS to provide remote web-based training to staff by incorporating video, PowerPoint presentations, policies, and other documents. The Training module is used to track all training requests, courses, and certificates.
- PowerDMS provides management with a real-time tracking of policy reviews, approvals, and signatures. This is a great benefit for risk management.
- PowerDMS allows users to incorporate remote, web-based training in a variety of formats including, but not limited to, video, PowerPoint, miscellaneous documents, interactive activities, and tests.
- PowerDMS provides a very robust search engine that is very user-friendly.
- PowerDMS has a mobile application that is available, however, at this time functionality is limited. That being said, the developers are very active in communicating with their customers and are constantly looking to improve all of their services.
- Training management
- Document management
- Creation of certificates within the software.
- Most of my complaints or suggestions are regarding the iPhone app. I wish there were more administrative functions on the app, such as approving workflows from training requests or document approvals, along with managing user profiles such as password resets.
- I particularly like the function of being able to hyperlink documents within PowerDMS. For example, I can create a checklist for credentials and hyperlink the certificate or license to the checklist.
- Our organization uses PowerDMS tagging to create "buckets" for various departments. The organization uses a list of about 20 tags and this makes finding documents very easy.
- The ability to customize workflow is a crucial feature our organization uses in PowerDMS. I can set-up a workflow so that all users in the first stage must approve before going to the next stage, or allow everyone to view for approval at the same time. I also like that you can set an expiration date which makes it much less to keep up with when a policy or procedure needs to be reviewed. Whether that is annual, biannually, etc.
- I think for those administrators who use PowerDMS often, it has to be very intuitive. However, I find that users who do not regularly use the system do not always utilize some of the efficient functionalities.
- PDMS is extremely user-friendly from both the administrator aspect and the user.
- The workflow process is awesome and easy to set up.
- PDMS's support team is barred none. We've never had issues with reaching out to find a simple solution to our challenges.
- I would love to see the interface with other RMS so that certain jobs wouldn't be so redundant for HR.
- I don't have any other issues
- I don't have any other issues.
- PowerDMS has a very simple method of organizing documents in folders and for granting appropriate access to groups or individuals, as needed.
- The user interface is very straightforward and easy to explain to new users.
- The administration of users, folders, and other elements is very simple to navigate.
- The Workflow process in PowerDMS is not as easy to grasp as some of the other concepts and requires a little more explaination, especially for non-administrative background users.
- Users are unable to view the steps in a Workflow template in order to determine which Workflow would work best for their needs when routing documents.
- It would be great to have multiple message options for past due inbox notifications in addition to the options for past due tasks to encourage users to go to their inbox to review their messages.
The software helps to organize and efficiently disseminate documents, policies, memos, training, and surveys to our employees. Being able to run reports and track who has done what has been a great help. We save a significant amount of time building our accreditation files in the program as compared to building them in hard copy.
- The ease of use makes this a highly powerful tool that is only limited by your creativity in how to use it.
- I love that the staff take you through every step of the way, and not just sell it to you and dump it on you.
- Ease of use, efficiency, cloud based, good customer service, a lot of flexibility for personal style.
- Some of the features should be quicker to come. While I work for a rather small municipality, I've seen some items that would make PDMS much more efficient (from my perspective) and I would like to see them implemented.
- I have nothing that I could say I dislike.
- Really, the only thing I don't like is, I wish it was smarter, and you just need to confirm your up loads, and not highlight everything.
We have reduced the need for off shift meetings, reduced overtime, and created a better documentation trail for our policy program.
- PowerDMS uses a forum to address common technical questions. If I have a question, I can easily find someone who has already asked that question and a detailed answer.
- PowerDMS makes uploading and organizing documents easy. It's drag and drop.
- PowerDMS is customizable and has some automatic report and notification features that I use to drive my fire chief crazy.
- I'd like to see PowerDMS fix the bug that changes the capital letters in my file names to first capital only. Every time I upload CPR or EMS, it changes to Cpr and Ems.
- First and foremost their customer service is exceptional. Always very helpful and responsive.
- They provide great training on the use of the various components of their software.
- They are responsive to their customers needs.
- It would be great if we could print a complete standards manual rather than printing each standard separately.
- It organizes our policy and procedure in an easy to follow format. It makes it extremely easy to see which employees have or have not signed off on certain policies.
- It allows our agency to electronically upload proofs of compliance as a part of our Accreditation process instead of using paper copies for proofs.
- It allows our agency to maintain files on mandatory training that needs to be completed annually or semi-annually along with reports to show who or who has not yet completed the training.
- It sometimes appears as though the twenty minute inactivity timer sometimes runs a little short. If there was a way to temporarily adjust it on a user by user basis, that would be helpful instead of having to sign in all the time.
- I would like to be able to do an attachment search by title for our Accreditation Proofs without needing Administrator rights.
- Create some additional, more involved, PowerDMS Bootcamp modules that are for those who have completed the first four and are looking for some advanced training.
If I need to find a policy, I can locate it quickly from the search bar.
A scenario where it is not appropriate would be if an administrator gave the wrong type of rights to an employee and he or she abused that right.
- Document management is as fully featured as imaginable.
- Standards and accreditation compliance management is simple and powerful.
- There is great training and on-boarding for customers. Personalized and one-on-one training were made available to our team.
- PowerDMS has a large, engaged community of experienced users who help new users and provide feedback to the company.
- PowerDMS is responsive to the feedback of its community and makes changes based on this feedback.
- The initial learning curve seems high.
- You can lost in tabs managing documents, training, or groups and users.
- User management doesn't feel intuitive.
- Stores employee signatures for policy release and revision. No more filing 400+ sheets of paper every time we issue or reissue a policy.
- Stores accreditation compliance files. We used to have four filing cabinets full of files. Now they are electronic and easily assessable.
- Allows easy and timely distribution of training materials. Also, easily assessable when needed.
- It would be greatly helpful if assessment tasks could be assigned to an individual person as opposed to a group who are in the same role.
PowerDMS Scorecard Summary
PowerDMS Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
PowerDMS Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS|