Reviews (1-4 of 4)
January 22, 2020
Score 10 out of 10
To help our educators deliver high-quality content for their classroom. PowerSchool Unified Classroom gives the teachers the ability to create content, manage their grade book, hand out assignments, post videos, have discussion boards, and get high-quality reports that reflect the standards you have taught and are assessing. Giving the teachers a tool that would allow them to use technology effectively is a district goal, and this works.
Read Mike Thomas's full review
We use PowerSchool Unified Classroom with our Teacher/Student work. Teachers can hand out assignments and have them edited and returned to the teacher in an organized folder, in which the teacher can review, grade, and send back to the student. Papers are never lost this way. Another way that PowerSchool Unified Classroom is used is to deliver assessments for district tests.
November 27, 2019
Score 7 out of 10
We use PowerSchool as our SIS database and grading system. We use it for the whole school from Pre-k to 12th grade to coordinate student ids and family accounts.
- The server system is very secure and reliable.
- We can create student accounts quickly and easily while transferring information to other schools when needed.
- We use it for our grading systems and family information.
- The user interface is a little blocky and not entirely user-friendly.
- It does take more training than we'd like with new staff.
Read Amy Westby's full review
This is well suited for keeping track of student data growth and family information. It is also very helpful when new arriving students come and we can quickly and easily make new student accounts.
March 09, 2018
Score 6 out of 10
We use it at school to enter school grades, attendance, and discipline issues. It holds a record of demographics for each student and for the students' parents or guardians. It is being used by our entire school- all teachers, administrators, staff members, parents, students all use the platform. It is helpful for teachers as it pulls together all necessary information for each class and for each student and houses it in one full source.
- the interface is very easy to see, view, and use
- It houses many different types of information, like attendance, grades, discipline issues, requests for administration support
- it is helpful to maintain all grades for each class
- it allows parents to view comments from teachers for each grade so they understand the full picture
- I teach 15 different sections of classes and it is hard to view sections all at once to enter grades in
- Navigating through all of the tabs to know how to view grades is hard- whether it is Assignments view, or by students, etc.
Read Saloni Hemani's full review
In the classroom it is very well suited. For classroom teachers, and for school systems in general. It is appropriate in this capacity because it creates a streamlined sense of communication for all stakeholders: teachers, parents, students, and administration. It makes parent meetings very easy, it makes interventions for students easy, and it helps administration keep tabs on overall progress.
PowerSchool is a system we use for attendance, grade reporting, and recently for booking substitute teachers. The program is being used by all 700+ teachers in our division. PowerSchool is a web-based program that allows students to track their grades in real time. The moment I enter an assignment the students can use the app on their end to see what mark they received or which assignments are outstanding.
- It easily makes calculations for you to come up with a mark easily.
- It allows me to put my comments on assignments into the grade so that students get feedback quickly and easily.
- It is easy to use.
- The substitute system does not allow you to see what the background areas are of substitute teachers
- The substitute system does not provide direct contact info for substitutes
- The Student view that we have access to is not true student view. What they see is different which negates the purpose
Read Mark Perry's full review
It is suited perfectly for most high school applications. It is less appropriate when using standards based marking. It can be done but it is a lot more time consuming. PowerSchool makes it very easy for students to see the assignments they have and the marks they received on the assignments as well as any feedback you have for them.
PowerSchool Unified Classroom Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About PowerSchool Unified Classroom
PowerSchool Unified Classroom Screenshots
PowerSchool Unified Classroom Competitors
PowerSchool Unified Classroom Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
PowerSchool Unified Classroom Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web|