PR Newswire review

August 14, 2018
PR Newswire is currently being used by the corporate affairs department, primarily by the media relations team. It solved the business …

Satisfied PR Newswire User

August 06, 2018
I currently use PR Newswire in my role as the Public Relations Manager for the Florida Region of Comcast. I use this service when I have a …

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of PR Newswire, and make your voice heard!

Newswire Digital

$199

Newswire Digital Plus

$449

Newswire State

$499

What is PR Newswire?

PR Newswire Technical Details

Cision PRWeb (is similar to PR Newswire - and is also a product of the same company) and we have also used this service for the distribution of the Newswire articles. This significantly enhanced the campaign and increases the number of views of the initial articles. PR Newswire doesn't have the same features as PRWeb, but they can both work hand in hand well.
David Fox | TrustRadius Reviewer
PR Newswire's format and backend tools are head and shoulders above other services in their ease-of-use and management ability. Everything you need is right there and just makes sense from a user perspective. They have updated a few of the things that were cumbersome so the improvements have solidified its prominence. The constant updates on recipients ensure that most of the releases reach the right person. While some of the other services are a better deal upfront, they are harder to use.
PR Newswire is considered one of the two gold standard newswire services because of its wide reach and high quality reporting. Pricing is almost identical to its biggest competitor, Business Wire, so it winds up being a matter of preference and ease more than anything. We actually made the decision to move our business away from PR Newswire due to their growing desire to have editorial oversight over the news we're distributing on behalf of clients.
Dan Lobring | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Businesswire
PR Newswire and Businesswire are familiar, similar products in terms of newswire distribution services. Many times it comes down to client familiarity with one service over the other, the cost per distribution, the reach of distribution, as well as other related fees, i.e., you have to be a member of PR Newswire to use the service and then pay fees on top of that for individual distributions.
Leslie Groves | TrustRadius Reviewer
PRNewswire is the gold standard among distribution of communication to media outlets. I feel that the customer service is very well done and don't see reason to stray from a known entity that performs well. I also don't see why I should add another distribution outlet as all media is covered through my contract with PRNewswire.
Michelle Messenger Garrett | TrustRadius Reviewer
PRWeb is now owned by the same company (Cision). It's a lower priced service that I frequently recommend to clients on a budget. It allows links, a photo, and so on for a reasonable cost.
I used Business Wire for many years, but when I had a bad experience with customer service, I stopped. As a PR consultant and someone who frequently talks/writes about PR and recommends products and services, I feel it's never a good idea to alienate someone who can recommend your service -- or not. Now I always steer clients toward PR Newswire, as the two are fairly comparable.
August 14, 2018

PR Newswire review

We looked at changing due to the price of PR Newswire but were not as impressed with the other services to risk leaving. We have a great relationship with our account rep at PR Newswire and overall, had not had any major issues in the 5+ years we've been using them.
Cindy Arco | TrustRadius Reviewer
I previously used Business Wire. We made the decision to switch to PR Newswire because we were not satisfied with the pricing and customer support we were getting from Business Wire. PR Newswire gave us a package of news releases, so we save money versus doing them individually through Business Wire.

I use PR Newswire in conjunction with Cision PR Software and it's really great having the two integrated on to the same platform. I can track coverage from PR Newswire distributions in the same system as my organic coverage from my pitching efforts, whereas I previously had to input BusinessWire clips manually in to the Cision database.
Richard Angeloni | TrustRadius Reviewer
We did do some research before selecting PR Newswire a number of years ago, and we saw that PR Newswire was certainly an industry leader and that the pricing was for the most part competitive with other companies. Ultimately, we choose PR Newswire because the dashboard is very intuitive and user friendly, and they have a helpful support service. Additionally, as a PR Newswire member, we have a dedicated customer service representative who is available to help us to more (and get the most out of the product). They also are available 24/7, which is helpful as our company is located on the West Coast.
PR Newswire is slightly more difficult to use than Business Wire, but it often picks up news that other platforms miss. PR Newswire is my primary newsgathering source, and Business Wire is my secondary. Used together, I think I'm able to cover all the bases.
Brian Blackwell | TrustRadius Reviewer
PR Newswire is different from the others because it actually does sound like a news story at times. That is helpful when time is at a premium and you are wanting to get something out there that is a story that is informative and doesn't look like a PR piece at times.